The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1801  
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Riga, Latvia
Posts: 2,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I have just sent an email to the BBC, asking for details of the Monaco wedding broadcasts.
Does it mean the wedding will be aired by BBC as well?
__________________

  #1802  
Old 06-08-2011, 07:43 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,877
it will be boardcasted on the monaco info on line in live fot the civil ceremony for friday the 1th
Sunday, the couple will offer a brunch for the guests at the palace, I doubt it will be boardcasted

Stephane Bern which is advisor in the communication team of the prince for the wedding gave an interview to Point de Vue, he said to the Prince that the BBC did not show any looks about the royal guests but on the couple Elton John and Victoria Becham during the wedding of the prince William. The Prince Said it would be different he hoped his wedding will be less formal and more warmest.
The reporter of the Monte Carlo Tv who will comment the wedding during five hours said to the tv Magazine, that there will be many parts in the wedding, first he will comment the arrival of all the royal guests than the religious wedding, after the procession to the Saint Devote church, the ceremony in the church and until the beginning of the dinner of the wedding, the tv will boardcast the arrival of the guests to the casino and the newxbrides
I think we will see all the royals this time
__________________

  #1803  
Old 06-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
I think you're right, Melina.
In the Abbey, the BBC should have concentrated on the various royals, not just on celebs.
  #1804  
Old 06-08-2011, 04:05 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Stephane Bern which is advisor in the communication team of the prince for the wedding gave an interview to Point de Vue, he said to the Prince that the BBC did not show any looks about the royal guests but on the couple Elton John and Victoria Becham during the wedding of the prince William. The Prince Said it would be different he hoped his wedding will be less formal and more warmest.
The reporter of the Monte Carlo Tv who will comment the wedding during five hours said to the tv Magazine, that there will be many parts in the wedding, first he will comment the arrival of all the royal guests than the religious wedding, after the procession to the Saint Devote church, the ceremony in the church and until the beginning of the dinner of the wedding, the tv will boardcast the arrival of the guests to the casino and the newxbrides
I think we will see all the royals this time
Not only that...in the latest issue of Vanity Fair, British author Katie Nicholl writes a complete wrap up of the WillKat wedding down to the latest detail.

The only guests she deemed worthy of mention were ELTON JOHN AND THE BECKHAMS.

And she spent at least two paragraphs assuring her readers that Pippa Middleton is a global sensation, and The Next Big Thing...this is the same Katie Nicholl by the way who never misses an opportunity to give Daily Mail subscribers an update on the girl she gleefully calls "Her Royal Hotness" even though Pippa is about as Royal as my cat.

None, not one...of the other Royal Houses were mentioned. I don't want to accuse the British press of arrogance and rudeness, but that type of reporting is just annoying.

The Brit's may be the most prestigious, but there ARE other Royal families on the planet!
  #1805  
Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Probably the cat is more Royal than anyone...

Joking aside, as a Scottish person, I agree with you Moonmaiden.
The English have a lot to learn....

Let's forget the English (and the Scots) and concentrate on PA and CW and their extravaganza which will have plenty of pizzazz and human warmth and imagination !!
  #1806  
Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,462
Oh, I didn't know you were Scottish Renata4711! My great-grandfather on my mother's side(Walter Harrison-Campbell) immigrated to this country from Scotland at the end of the 19th century.

I love Scottish history, and I hope to visit someday!
  #1807  
Old 06-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Scotland is quite a modern country, and there is a chance that it becomes independent from the UK sometime soon...
  #1808  
Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
None, not one...of the other Royal Houses were mentioned. I don't want to accuse the British press of arrogance and rudeness, but that type of reporting is just annoying.

The Brit's may be the most prestigious, but there ARE other Royal families on the planet!

To be fair, the American stations did not identify other Royals either; it wasn't only the BBC.
I think that happened because the American anchors had no idea who the guests really were, and that's why all the focus was on the Beckhams and Elton John.
  #1809  
Old 06-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,462
I know Mirabel, but I excused the vapid American broadcasters because many of them if not most of them COULDN'T identify the Prince and Princess of Asturias, or any of the Dutch Royals!

They were so clueless and chatty that I wanted to throw something. I switched to the BBC, and the BBC actually did identify Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock and a couple of others.

The BBC had excellent coverage, with the exception of a couple of things and the lack of coverage of any guests besides the Elton and the Beckhams was one of them.

Renata4711 I know that many Scots share your sentiments(hopes?) about an independent Scotland someday...but I am certain HM would fight tooth and nail against that in her lifetime.

I don't know about the Prince of Wales though.....
  #1810  
Old 06-08-2011, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Okay, so HM does not want to preside over a breakup from Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
But it may come to that - and possibly much sooner than she thinks.

But this is the PA/CW wedding musings thread......
  #1811  
Old 06-09-2011, 04:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Mariage princier:

Alain Ducasse interview with Bernard Lambert (Hotel de Paris / SBM) and Monaco-Matin:
PA has asked him about the wedding. AD came up with a 16-page booklet.
The message from the couple was: harmony, simplicity, precision, modesty, careful with the earth's resources.

"From Saint-Tropez to Ventimiglia (Vintimille), Monaco is there....shining and authentic. I often talk about the Principality as "a big little place".

The dinner will be made of simple, ethical ingredients ..... aubergines, courgettes, peppers from Rocagel.
On July 2nd, everything will be harvested in the morning and eaten in the evening. PA has nine cows whose milk is unpasteurised and untreated.
95 % will be sourced within 10 kilometres.
No caviar, no fancy seafood.

On the table: a Protea, the flower of South Africa.

Thank you for supplying this most interesting information, Renata4711, the last part I highlighted in bold is what caught my particular attention (found it very romantic). :)

So I looked up on the internet to see what the "protea" looks like, and this is what I found:

http://activerain.com/image_store/up...3087640068.jpg

http://www.africaguide.com/photolibr...1280936973.jpg

Protea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Not a particularly lovely flower imho, takes a while to appreciate its beauty, but after reading about it I see similarities between it and Charlene herself, this part especially ~ named after the Greek god Proteus, whom could change his form at will, because proteas have such a wide variety of forms ~ ah, just like the lady herself! Whom I consider a chameleon, one that can go from sheek & elegant one moment to exotic the next to whimsical at the drop of a hat, to go along with whatever fits the decor at the moment, so to speak. And of course their resilience/tenacity I also find similar, which Charlene will need aplenty in the coming decades.


Here's to seeing more of Charlene's South African "touches" at the upcoming Royal Wedding, and in the years ahead, with the Protea being a wonderful beginning!

ps: I also wonder if the color pink will be the color the girls will be wearing...
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #1812  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
Moonmaiden...
I think you're right about Charles - I think he sees himself as an Englishman first, and the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish last.

But I digress....

The tickets for the Eagles Concert are being allocated to a formula which puts the Monegasques in pole position:
Monegasques - 30 May to 11 June
Residents (people with residents permit) - 6 to 11 June
Commuters and people living near the border(s) - 14 to 18 June.

The show starts on June 30th from 19.30h.
The South African singer Jason Hartman will open the concert.
Main bill: the Eagles.
  #1813  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:33 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,877
Jason Hartman said there will be also Andrea Bocelli, I like very much Andrea Bocelli.
In The german zeitung there is a brief interview of Prince Albert at the moment of a exposition of watch, he said 'Ich zalhe die tage soger die stunde' in english 'I count the days and also the hours'

There is a report on Charlene Wittstock with some parts of her interview to the media of Monaco and south of the france. There is a report on the big screems and the prime minister said that it will take 2 hours to transport the hight dignities(royals guests) from their hotel to the palace for the wedding ceremony
  #1814  
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
Thank you for supplying this most interesting information, Renata4711, the last part I highlighted in bold is what caught my particular attention (found it very romantic). :)

So I looked up on the internet to see what the "protea" looks like, and this is what I found:

http://activerain.com/image_store/up...3087640068.jpg

http://www.africaguide.com/photolibr...1280936973.jpg

Protea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Not a particularly lovely flower imho, takes a while to appreciate its beauty, but after reading about it I see similarities between it and Charlene herself, this part especially ~ named after the Greek god Proteus, whom could change his form at will, because proteas have such a wide variety of forms ~ ah, just like the lady herself! Whom I consider a chameleon, one that can go from sheek & elegant one moment to exotic the next to whimsical at the drop of a hat, to go along with whatever fits the decor at the moment, so to speak. And of course their resilience/tenacity I also find similar, which Charlene will need aplenty in the coming decades.


Here's to seeing more of Charlene's South African "touches" at the upcoming Royal Wedding, and in the years ahead, with the Protea being a wonderful beginning!

ps: I also wonder if the color pink will be the color the girls will be wearing...

In the first photo the protea flower looks rather lovely, but the one at the middle and the bottom looks menacing...like something Morticia Addams would cultivate in her garden!

It will take some getting used to...but I LOVE the story behind how the flower got it's name and I agree that it's completely appropriate for CW.

Someone at another fashion blog who is in despair that CW tends to wear the same color palette all the time has speculated that her attendants will be in pale blue..I like pale blue but I would be delighted if CW surprised everyone for once and dressed them in PINK!
  #1815  
Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM
ChantalC's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 838
I would like to watch the Monaco royal wedding online. Which website can I watch the royal wedding online?
  #1816  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:55 PM
LOSSEAN's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NASINU, Fiji
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Does it mean the wedding will be aired by BBC as well?
Oh! the AlbCha wedding is getting a BBC airing? Would be great to have it available to wander into it when one wants. Will be checking this thread for update.
  #1817  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
I will be watching the Monaco Government website:

Accueil*>*Monaco Info en ligne(Fr)

***************************

The Wedding Carpet is originally from Germany.

http://twitter.com/#!/PENTHOUSEDELUXE
  #1818  
Old 06-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Jason Hartman said there will be also Andrea Bocelli, I like very much Andrea Bocelli.
In The german zeitung there is a brief interview of Prince Albert at the moment of a exposition of watch, he said 'Ich zalhe die tage soger die stunde' in english 'I count the days and also the hours'

Ah, absolutely breathtaking information, melina premiere, muchas gracias!

I can't help but think of this:






Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
In the first photo the protea flower looks rather lovely, but the one at the middle and the bottom looks menacing...like something Morticia Addams would cultivate in her garden!

It will take some getting used to...but I LOVE the story behind how the flower got it's name and I agree that it's completely appropriate for CW.

Someone at another fashion blog who is in despair that CW tends to wear the same color palette all the time has speculated that her attendants will be in pale blue..I like pale blue but I would be delighted if CW surprised everyone for once and dressed them in PINK!

I would love it if the boys were dressed in pale blue, whereas the girls were dressed in pale pink.



ps: I like your avatar, ChantalC, it reminds me of when Princess Grace first met Lady Diana Spencer in 1981 at her & Charles first official function as an affianced couple.
__________________
"only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"
  #1819  
Old 06-10-2011, 05:35 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,877
Yesterday, there was a story in two regionaux french newspapers about two florists who are hired by the palace of Monaco to decorate the yeardcourt of the palace. The prince Albert wanted only monegash florists but they are not numerous. They must go to the palace the wednesday before the wedding, there are many securities, they must not have telephone, nor photo appareils, they must wear a badge and they will return home only after the sunday brunch.
I long to know who will be the witnesses of Prince Albert and Charlene for the civil and relegious ceremonies? I know that Chris Levine will be one of them, I guess that princesses Caroline and Stephanie could be one of them also, for Charlene perhaps her two brothers .
I think we will know soon the guests list.
In a report on Monaco info some weeks ago, it was said that the flags for the wedding were ready and they will be hanged in the second part of the month.
  #1820  
Old 06-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,502
According to Wikipedia, Andrea Bocelli has Monegasque citizenship.
Hence the rumour that he will sing at the wedding.

****************************
I think Caroline and Stephanie will be the witnesses.

Mariage Princier:

There will be a special crèche on July 1st, for children aged 2 months to 3 years, organised by the Mairie (Mayor's Office).
They've thought of everything....

Mariage princier : derniers jours pour l'inscription à la crèche
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's Relationship - Part 2 iceflower Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 1811 07-15-2014 03:53 AM
Pre Wedding Information for Prince Albert II of Monaco and Miss Charlene Wittstock Zonk Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family 12 11-07-2011 06:28 PM
Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011 iceflower Current Events Archive 808 07-01-2011 01:06 PM
Catherine Middleton Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings Catherine Helvin Royal Style File 562 04-29-2011 06:52 AM
Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings Duchessmary Royal Jewels General Discussion 1392 04-29-2011 06:52 AM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess marie events princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises