The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I can't imagine either Steph or Caro ever being "alone".

To start with, they each have at least three children, plus stepchildren.

And I can't imagine either of them ever being short of male company.

Old 06-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I suppose the Monegasques had no choice in the matter !

However, on reflection, they would perhaps acknowledge that a much larger number of locals can be accommodated at the Palais.

Moonmaiden, I understand about the comparison .... what I meant was that you can't compare a seaside location / modern palace with an ancient church :-))
True, but they are both stunning locales for a wedding, which is what I am attempting to convey...perhaps without success.

BTW...the Palace can't really be considered modern...even though it has been renovated it is many hundreds of years old.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage princier:

Alain Ducasse interview with Bernard Lambert (Hotel de Paris / SBM) and Monaco-Matin:
PA has asked him about the wedding. AD came up with a 16-page booklet.
The message from the couple was: harmony, simplicity, precision, modesty, careful with the earth's resources.

"From Saint-Tropez to Ventimiglia (Vintimille), Monaco is there....shining and authentic. I often talk about the Principality as "a big little place".

The dinner will be made of simple, ethical ingredients ..... aubergines, courgettes, peppers from Rocagel.
On July 2nd, everything will be harvested in the morning and eaten in the evening. PA has nine cows whose milk is unpasteurised and untreated.
95 % will be sourced within 10 kilometres.
No caviar, no fancy seafood.

On the table: a Protea, the flower of South Africa.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Will the Royal Couple have the Palace all to themselves after their wedding? Or do other members of the family all have apartments at the Palace too?
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

PA and CW don't live in the Palace, but at Roc Agel (or Rocagel).
But PA, PC and PS have office accommodation in the Palace.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Will the Royal Couple have the Palace all to themselves after their wedding? Or do other members of the family all have apartments at the Palace too?
Albert inherited Palais de Princier in Monaco from his father.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Good Luck to the AlbCha wedding!
Old 06-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie live next door to each other near the Oceanographic museum. I think you can Google their homes.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage Princier:

The two anchor persons are Marie Drucker and Stéphane Bern.

Bern came out with this statement:
"Ce mariage est un événement planétaire".
This marriage is a planetary event.

Slight exaggeration, methinks....
Stéphane Bern - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Marie Drucker comes from a TV journalism background
Marie Drucker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Marie Drucker - Wikipédia
Marie Drucker | Facebook

Michel Drucker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-07-2011, 04:39 AM
Courtier

I just hope I can get a LIVE FEED to the UK on my computer.

Am I correct the :-

30 June The concert starts 20.00 UK Time - no live feed
1 July starts 17.00 UK Time - possible live feed
2 July starts??? - possible live feed

Sun 3 July is something happening today ... something about foreign Royals Banquet???
Many thanks.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Angie,
I'm hoping to see the whole "show" on the web:

Accueil*>*Monaco Info en ligne(Fr)

Try it...
At the moment I'm watching a martial arts competition.....
Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

A lot of things have been said regarding when they meet, when they met again and began dating.

Charlene Wittstock: 'My marriage to Albert of Monaco is the culmination of a fairy tale'

Quote:
Charlene look back and remember how it was when first meeting with Prince Albert of Monaco. She competed in the International Swimming Meeting of Monaco Marenostrum, and he attended as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
"I had a very brief conversation with him and went back to match in 2001. It was lovely and showed a great passion for the sport. In December 2005, a mutual friend introduced us again and this time I invited him to attend the Games Winter Olympics in Turin in 2006, "Charlene reveals the future of Monaco, whose engagement was not until June 2010.
December 2005 was a New Years Eve party as I stated before in other posts. She gave an interview in 2001 to the Sun Times in SA of their first date that lasted until early morning.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Courtier

Thank you so much Renata4711.

I really like Charlene ... no one is perfect and Albert I am sure does not want to end up alone and I do hope she is the one he has been waiting for ... but only he knows the answer to that. No more divorces for the Monaco Family they have had their fair share as has the British Royal Family. I am hearing that Princess Grace was not as happy as everyone thought with her marriage but I suppose we will never know? I hope she was!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Ooooohh Angie - ! like myself in that colour !

Mariage Princier: THE CARPET !!!

Kamyar Moghadam offered his services for the wedding.

His father, Alexander Moghadam, offered to Princess Grace to open the first Persian carpet shop in Monaco. Their business is called "Fashion For Floor".

The carpet is 200 metres long, 2 metres wide, and made from pure wool (no - not from PA's own sheep :-). It weighs more than 2 tonnes !

After the ceremony, the carpet will be cut into little pieces; these will be numbered and auctioned for the FPA Foundation and Charlene's foundation.

More than 500 people have worked on this carpet.

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/cache/off...636671CF.node2
Old 06-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
A lot of things have been said regarding when they meet, when they met again and began dating.

Charlene Wittstock: 'My marriage to Albert of Monaco is the culmination of a fairy tale'

December 2005 was a New Years Eve party as I stated before in other posts. She gave an interview in 2001 to the Sun Times in SA of their first date that lasted until early morning.
How'd she discuss their first date in 2001 when she said that were merely a conversation and they were re introduced in 2005? I don't about anyone else but I dint need to be reintroduced to anyone I had an all night date with- I'm a bit confused
Old 06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
How'd she discuss their first date in 2001 when she said that were merely a conversation and they were re introduced in 2005? I don't about anyone else but I dint need to be reintroduced to anyone I had an all night date with- I'm a bit confused
Quote:
"I had a very brief conversation with him and went back to match in 2001. It was lovely and showed a great passion for the sport."
She told the Sun Times about their date. She says here she had "a very brief conversation with him" which was in 2000 when they met and in 2001 when she went back he remembered her and he told her he wouldn't take no for an answer and had to borrow clothes to go out with him. Does that explain it better?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:35 AM
Heir Apparent

(...) there wii be also the interview that the couple prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene will give for many documentaries in zdf tv, zdf will be two or three days before the wedding for interviews of people and show the atmosphere there before the ceremonies, the tv will boardcast the wedding.
Charlene and Prince Albert will have many interviews one for the South Africa tv it will be boardcasted next week, they will have and interview on saturday for the rtl.be channel
saturday afternoon on the emission 'Place Royale-
they will have an interview for the french channel the M6 for a documentary on them
My mother read last week on a french south of france newpaper that the couple will give a special interview only for the people of Monaco a day before the civil ceremony.
They had already made many interviews for the channel tf1, zdf and ard(german tv and they made interviiew for tv magazine which published it on last sunday, Charlene made an interview for Figaro Magazine with the photos of Lagerfeld and Charlene Made an interview for Monaco Matin two weeks ago.
Every evening Monaco Info speaks about the preparation of the wedding, yesterday they show the litle towers of flowers which will be along of the the roads of Monaco, very beautiful.
Hier, in Europa, there are more news on the wedding than in Usa or in the Commonwealth, it is like we are in the XXI century and the other country yet in the XX century. It depends about the press if she wants make some thing or not. The center of the Press in Monaco said there are many accreditations of photographs for the wedding, the first are the german after french, belge there are also photofraphes of Usa and there are now many asks of the east of europa.
There will be 50 tv which will boardcast the wedding. It is a little like the wedding of Princess Victoria, the media did not speak a lot about but it woke up just one day before the wedding, but it was two late, there was only the swedish tv and one german tv which boardcasted the wedding. It is already not the case for the wedding of Monaco bacause there are many tv and reports on the wedding
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Monaco-Matin has an "infographie" about the Grimaldi family history.

Infographie : l'histoire de la famille Grimaldi | Nice-Matin
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 AM
Courtier

Friday 1 July Time - 17.00 Is this going to be shown LIVE?
Saturday 2 July - Time 17.00
Sunday 3 July ---- Is this when they leave for their Honeymoon South Africa?

Many thanks.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I have just sent an email to the BBC, asking for details of the Monaco wedding broadcasts.

Angieuk, I can guarantee you that you will be able to see everything on the Monaco Info en ligne website from the Monegasque Government.

Everytime something important happens at the Palace, the TV coverage is complete and is repeated several times per day, and the following day.

Here's the link again:
http://www.presse.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew...enDocument&3Fr

You'll see a black window when nothing is broadcast.
The rest of the time there is always something broadcast.

Closed Thread