The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine10 View Post
My personal opinion, i think this enagement/marriage is contrived. The engagment photo is either years old, or photo shopped, he certainly doesn't look look that way today. She, has been in "training" for the "job" since she moved there 4 years ago. Again, my opinon, i think she new that she was going to marry him then, but it was never leaked to the press. What happend to true love, why did she need to be "trained" Grace Kelly didn't, Princess Diana didn't. Charlene even changed to way she looked, nose job, breast job, wardrobe change, make up and hair. So contrived.

I couldnt agree more. If the engagement photo was taken on the day of the so called engagement, how come Al looked so much lighter ?, Did he loose all this weight in 3 days ?
As for the training, I guess she will need some sort of training , poor girl, marrying into that family.
Imagine if the bride had had 2 children out of wedlock with 2 different fathers

Old 07-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, Grace leaned the rules afterwards and if a marriage was contrived she and Ranier barely knew each other. That was as manipulated a marriage as one can get. Diana knew the rules, she grew up around them. Perhaps, the jacket is larger, not hugging his stomach, like that terrible white jacket. And, how do you know about all this surgery, is it published somewhere, or is this speculation. As for make-up, wardrobe and hairstyle, everyone changes, especially with age and money availability.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Sorry, Grace leaned the rules afterwards and if a marriage was contrived she and Ranier barely knew each other. That was as manipulated a marriage as one can get. Diana knew the rules, she grew up around them. Perhaps, the jacket is larger, not hugging his stomach, like that terrible white jacket. And, how do you know about all this surgery, is it published somewhere, or is this speculation. As for make-up, wardrobe and hairstyle, everyone changes, especially with age and money availability.
Let us say that Grace and Rainier had an arranged marriage which worked out well. We are all looking forward to the wedding of PA with CW and the festivities and wishing the couple all the "best"
Old 07-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
I wonder if Albert will follow in his father's footsteps on the day he marries. I remember seeing footage of the religious wedding ceremony of Rainier and Grace and saw Grace enter the church and proceed down the aisle first-and I assumed it was because she was a commoner and then Rainier entered after the bride and her attendants.Does anybody know why this was so? And I wonder if PA will allow Charlene to enter the church first and then enter after her himself on the day of the religious wedding ceremony.
Is that part of the Monaco protocol?
Thanking you in advance.
Rainier entered after Grace due to protocol.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

As to PA's stomach (I prefer that to "belly"!), he may have had a corset (rather like Edward VII), or the engagement photo may have been "doctored".
Still, it was a nice photo.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
As to PA's stomach (I prefer that to "belly"!), he may have had a corset (rather like Edward VII), or the engagement photo may have been "doctored".
Still, it was a nice photo.
Ya. right. must've has a corset on his chin(s) too....
Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

At the wedding PA was wearing an off-white short waisted jacket with a vest. In the engagement picture he was wearing a below the waist dark jacket. That makes a world of difference in how heavy a person looks. That's why everyone loves black. It's so thinning. Look at the picture of him in a white polo shirt at today's Tour de France. His gut is hanging out again.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasBee View Post
Ya. right. must've has a corset on his chin(s) too....

No doubt, the photo must have been photoshopped...
Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Majesty

Let's hope PA embarks on a physical fitness regimen to get in shape for his wedding...he does have a whole year!
Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Poor Albert! I bet his sisters are on his case about his "girth".

With the opportunities/money he has, it should be easy to find a good doc or similar to sort the problem.

Perhaps he could take advice from Prince Daniel :-)
Oops... off topic ?
Old 07-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Why does it matter if Albert is not as thin as a rake.
Why does it matter if the picture may have been photoshopped.

He loves her, she loves him .. who cares if he is overweight. Or if his jacket is too tight. Why can't people see what's INSIDE a person and stop looking at the OUTSIDE all the time.

He is not marrying you or me, he is marrying Charlene - end of! She is happy with him the way he is I am sure.

By the time Prince William gets engaged he may have no hair left at all. Who cares either way. He is who he is with or without a full head of hair.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post

He loves her, she loves him .. who cares if he is overweight. Or if his jacket is too tight. Why can't people see what's INSIDE a person and stop looking at the OUTSIDE all the time.

He is not marrying you or me, he is marrying Charlene - end of! She is happy with him the way he is I am sure.

By the time Prince William gets engaged he may have no hair left at all. Who cares either way. He is who he is with or without a full head of hair.
Hear hear angieuk

Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Let us say that Grace and Rainier had an arranged marriage which worked out well. We are all looking forward to the wedding of PA with CW and the festivities and wishing the couple all the "best"
Grace and Ranier's marriage was arranged? This is the first time I've heard this.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:

I dont care one way or the other. The original discussion was about the engagement photo having been taken long long before the engagement announcement. And I dont know either of them personally so can't say whats on the INSIDE but for me and IMVHO Charlene's "outside" is way better than Albert's and I dont mean looks
Old 07-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Point taken, but there are reasons beyond merely looking good for PA to want to lose that pot belly...it is a health risk.

He is in his fifties and at higher risk for heart attack because he is out of shape.

I like PA and I want to see him around long enough to get married and raise his family...I am certain his Monegasque subjects feel the same way.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I seem to remember an interview where he alludes to his lack of time for physical exercise, and the obligation to eat large meals with several courses. He also said that he doesn't drink alcohol, only mineral water.

If he and CW start a family, it's literally vital that he looks after himself, so that he can look after his family.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

A dress like Empress Elisabeth wears on the first portrait would be so amazing on Charlene

ELIZABETH OFÂ*BAVARIA « ADRIANA SASSOON

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
A dress like Empress Elisabeth wears on the first portrait would be so amazing on Charlene

ELIZABETH OFÂ*BAVARIA « ADRIANA SASSOON
They are not going to use the cathedral of Saint Nicholas for the religous ceremony but another church in Monaco. The Notre Dame does anyone have ay info on this church?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
They are not going to use the cathedral of Saint Nicholas for the religous ceremony but another church in Monaco. The Notre Dame does anyone have ay info on this church?
The Cathedral of Notre Dame?
I know it houses the tombs of Rainier and Grace.
It was consecrated in 1911.
Google Translate

If this is the right church, it looks beautiful.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

This is the website and Wikipedia site for St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Rainier, Grace and many Grimaldi are buried.

This is the cathedral built from white stone from nearby La Turbie.

CATHEDRALE DE MONACO

Saint Nicholas Cathedral, Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other cathedral is called Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and it is the mother church of the Archdiocese of Monaco, i.e. an ecclesiastical territory where the Archbishop holds sway. Monaco being so small, it only has one diocese/archdiocese.

Closed Thread