The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
No, there isn't.
I expect there'll be some photos in the tabloids of the wedding events, but otherwise I'd have to say there's not a lot of interest here.
There really hasn't been much coverage since Stephanie was young and dating actors like Rob Lowe. But since then, nothing!

We'll probably have to watch online.
Well there was a little coverage with Albert's children.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Well there was a little coverage with Albert's children.

Was there? I really didn't see much about that.
The only mention I read was online.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I noticed several posters from overseas who did not find "The Wedding" very interesting.

Here in Europe, it's probably more direct - at least we're living on the same continent :-)
Old 06-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Aristocracy

There were about three interviews that Albert had in the U.S. concerning Alexander. E.g Larry King, and ABC's Dianne Sawyer and a few others. I think people were interested in the story because Alexander is half black, so it was like an unfulfilled fairy tale.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Majesty

"Unfulfilled fairy tale??!" I suppose it depends on what your idea of a fairy tale is...the Nicole/Albert/Alexandre situation certainly was not my idea of one..no matter what race the principals were...it was as sordid and depressing as it gets and both Nicole and Albert should have been ashamed of themselves. They both behaved very badly, imo.

I hope that gorgeous little boy is able to transcend all the muck and have a good life, he deserves at least that.

That goes for Jazmin Rotolo as well.

ETA: One of the reasons the American media was so into the story was certainly because of Alexandre and Nicole's race, but they were also interested in Jazmin.

Let's face it...scandal and smut sells.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Aristocracy

I concur with that Moon. If the story had ended differently it could have been. That is all I meant.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert made the press/tabloids and Entertainment shows in the States when he was dating Americans. He made the front page of Tabs from time to time when he was dating Alicia Warlick. He didn't even get mention in the local paper until he actually visited a few months back. The wedding should make the press except I'm not expecting much.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Albert made the press/tabloids and Entertainment shows in the States when he was dating Americans. He made the front page of Tabs from time to time when he was dating Alicia Warlick. He didn't even get mention in the local paper until he actually visited a few months back. The wedding should make the press except I'm not expecting much.

The wedding has been reported by CBS (national US TV network) and by the Toronto news (The Star) within the day.Although not carried by all of the news networks, the wedding is getting exposure in North America. The news has also been carried in People magazine (Future Princess Charlene Wittstock's Grand Prix Weekend Wear) and several other news outlets when reporting on other Monaco events.

I expect other news networks (globally) will carry information as the event nears. Unless it's new...don't expect the news to carry it.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
The wedding has been reported by CBS (national US TV network) and by the Toronto news (The Star) within the day.Although not carried by all of the news networks, the wedding is getting exposure in North America. The news has also been carried in People magazine (Future Princess Charlene Wittstock's Grand Prix Weekend Wear) and several other news outlets when reporting on other Monaco events.

I expect other news networks (globally) will carry information as the event nears. Unless it's new...don't expect the news to carry it.
I'm glad you have seen it I haven't. Nothing in our papers.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
I'm glad you have seen it I haven't. Nothing in our papers.
Papers??? I'm totally electronic!
Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Majesty

There was a blurb in Star Magazine last week, accompanied by a photo of CW and PA taken at the WillKat wedding last month.

It said the three day nuptial celebration will be "lavish".

Yeah. What a revelation...we had no idea.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Mariage Princier:

Eagles Concert at the Stade Louis II :

There are 15,000 tickets available, free for the Monegasques, as well as residents and inhabitants of the neighbouring communities.

Jason Hartman from South Africa will be the warm-up; he was chosen by Charlene.

There won't be any DVDs nor TV capture

Concert des Eagles : retirez vite vos places ! | Nice-Matin
Old 06-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

As you can see on the last videos, the weather is very fine in the South of the France. For the wedding, You will see the beautiful mittelmeer and the sun during the ceremonies because as you are on the place of the palace, you see the sea around you, the palace is on the rock upon the town Monte Carlo
Old 06-04-2011, 05:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is only for the people of Monaco and residents and the people which live around Monaco but work in Monaco.
There will not be tv but I hope we will get some photos because it is the beginning of the festivities.
Prince Albert and Charlene choose Jason Hartman they have good taste because he have good songs, and it is not because he is south Africa that he is bad, he is young and he is a rocker
Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Jason Hartman on Wikipedia:

Jason Hartman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... and on YouTube...
Old 06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Melina, we too use the word "Mediterranean" :-))
Old 06-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
Papers??? I'm totally electronic!
I'm a paper person for judging press interest. Its that reason so many people ask who when you mention the Monaco family. Grace Kelly the older people remember especially when her face was all over the grocery store check outs. Albert got a two page spread with his children in the last one I saw nothing about Charlene. I think she is only on the radar of the Royal watchers because she isn't American. If she was it would have been like they did with Mary Wayte and Alicia Warlick pushing for another Princely marriage since we have already had two Princess of Monaco. For those who don't know Marie Alice Heine born in New Orleans was the first married to Albert I.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am not surprised that american newspapers do not talk about the wedding of Monaco, because many people there do not know where is our country the France. For them there is one royalty the english family, the other royals do not count.If Grace Kelly was not an american actriss, but if she was italien or german or other nationality, the newspapers would never speak of her and there was the big Hollywood team behind her which made publicity, the arrival by boat at monaco, the interviews, the dress of the bride and the holliwood controled also the wedding ceremony.
Last year, the wedding of Princess Victoria was not famous, there was only the swedish Tv and a german tv which boardcasted the wedding of the princess happily we had internet to watch the wedding. The TV said there would no people who would watch the ceremony, a pity for a princess who was the heir of Sweden and the ceremony and the fests after were more attractiv than the wedding of Prince William and Kate, but William was an english prince.
For the case of the prince of Monaco, there will be 50 tv which will boardcast and many photographs
Old 06-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

There have been a few mentions in the press about the wedding, but it's not really on the radar. Surprisingly I've heard more about Kate Moss' upcoming wedding, than I have about Monaco's. I guess there just isn't much interest.

I think the wedding will get a mention or two, but I don't believe the American press will cover it extensively. Especially since Kate and William's overseas tour and Kate Moss' wedding will also be happening during that time.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
It is only for the people of Monaco and residents and the people which live around Monaco but work in Monaco.
There will not be tv but I hope we will get some photos because it is the beginning of the festivities.
Prince Albert and Charlene choose Jason Hartman they have good taste because he have good songs, and it is not because he is south Africa that he is bad, he is young and he is a rocker
Is it true that Paul McCartney will perform as well? I would think they should be promoting HIM more than the Eagles...who I like very much but they are kind of...70's..and when were they last in the spotlight?

Finally, I couldn't care less who the Press covers most extensively. I am sure they will be all over WillKat's tour, but all I am going to be looking for is the Monaco wedding!

As for Kate Moss?? I seriously don't care at all.

Closed Thread