The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Four special trumpets have been commissioned and specially made for the "fanfare" "Hymne de la Princesse Charlène"... and they will be playing after the civil ceremony.

Mariage princier : quatre trompettes d'honneur pour les carabiniers | Nice-Matin

Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

thank you Renata for giving this news, being back from holidays in turkie, I had not the courage to translate

Old 05-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Glad to see you back !! We'll need you more than ever in the next few weeks.... :-))

PS: I promise to do the web links for you :-)
Old 05-31-2011, 11:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The two ceremonies will be conducted in french, we are in Monaco, the language is french.but I think the reporter will translate for the strangers.
There was a documentary last week on the wedding at the french tv. A man of the palace said there were many tv of different countries which ask to be there for boatdcasting the wedding, TV of europa, tv of Australie, japan and also a chinese tv. He said that there will be many cameras and for the tv which wants to show his own representants, there would be privat camera who will show them during the ceremony. For example, if the belgia tv wants to show the crown prince couple during the ceremony, there will be (if the tv wants) a privat camera which can show the princes during the ceremony.
The concert of Jean Michel Jarre will be boardcast internationaly, and you tube will boardcast.
I saw on Monaco info, a report of the repetions of the offering of the bouquet to the sainte Devote, it will be very beautiful with songs. It will be boardcasted.
every day, we have news on the wedding, to day, there is a report on Monaco Matin which talks about the news trumpets for the carabinieries.
The ZDf tv asks to be there all the day, the tv wants to show the entry of the royals and dignitaries at their hotel, the tv wants to be at the place of the palace to show what happens during this day before the ceremony and after the ceremony.
Good to hear you said a chinese tv will broadcast the ceremony. I'm looking forward to watch it. Thanks, keep us updated on this grand wedding.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

On the site newscom there are the photos of the stamps, cards commemoring the wedding, there are blues cards with the photo of the couple, it is said the official photo of the couple, but I never see it, I think it is a (montage), , but the cards are very beautiful,
Old 05-31-2011, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Great, Melina !

Newscom - Multimedia for Websites and Publishers

I'm not sure whether the cards are from the OETP, but, even if they aren't, they are pretty indeed.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
The Roman Catholic Mass in French:

Ordinaire de la messe en français

This is the stuff that CW will have to make some sense of, before the religious ceremony !!
The responses to the Mass in ANY language are pretty simple to follow, and since CW has assisted at several Catholic Masses during her time in the Principality, she almost certainly has the hang of it by now(when to stand, when to kneel, make the Sign of the Cross, etc)

She is probably being counseled and assisted in the French AND Latin responses as we speak(I mention Latin because I have noticed that High Masses in the Principality almost always use Latin, including the funerals of Princess Grace, Stefano Casiraghi and Princess Antoinette and also PA's Mass of Inthronement)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Good point ! I had thought of the possibility of using the "Messe" in the vernacular, i.e. in French.

But, Monaco being Monaco, they would leave open their options which would include the Tridentine Mass....

Tridentine Mass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM
Majesty

I think the current pope (Benedict XVI) is very partial to the Mass in Latin but, I think it's called the Mass in the Extraordinary Rite to distinguish it form the old pre Vatican II Latin Mass(the Tridentine)

I have attended Tridentine Masses and found them very, very confusing. It was so embarrassing to constantly lose my place in my Missal and have to ask for help....I am Catholic but came of age after Vatican II. It involves a LOT more than just using Latin...I don't know how older Catholics managed!
Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Melina,
I've just consulted Nice-Matin again, and the cards and stamps are indeed the correct ones.
Not sure whether you agree, but they look (to me, at least) a bit amateurish .... ?

"en vente demain" - on sale tomorrow, i.e. the 1st of June:

Les timbres du mariage du prince Albert II et de Charlène en vente demain | Nice-Matin

.... and they are now on the OETP website, in a small moving box....
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Four special trumpets have been commissioned and specially made for the "fanfare" "Hymne de la Princesse Charlène"... and they will be playing after the civil ceremony.

Mariage princier : quatre trompettes d'honneur pour les carabiniers | Nice-Matin
The more I read about this wedding, the more grand it sounds like it will be... I really cannot wait!

Thank you for sharing this info.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Moonmaiden, I grew up before Vatican II and we were taught at a very early age the Latin for Mass. My sister actually said the servers prayers when she was 5 years old. Of course, she had to kneel outside the sacrasity since she was a girl.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

So did I, Grandma828 ......
In my case, it was "church" Latin from the age of seven, followed by Classical Latin from 10 to19 in Grammar School.....
And, guess what? I ended up teaching it... to children and adults.

I'm still in love with the language - handy, because about 65 percent of English words are derived from Latin...
Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Renata and Grandma I envy you in a way, because it's(the Tridentine) a very beautiful and spiritual Mass...something that is missing in the Novus Ordo.

But I got very confused when I attended one, because I simply didn't understand what was going on.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Mariage Princier:

On the Cour d'Honneur, there will be a giant red carpet, leading all the way to the top, for use by Charlene and her father.

Jason Hartman, the singer who was around at the Grand Prix, is indeed there for the wedding. He sings in the Zulu language and he has brought members of his family.
His contribution will be during the first part of the Eagles Concert.

There will be another South African group, but it wasn't mentioned.
Charlene Wittstock: The Monaco-Matin Interview | The Royal Correspondent

Hard to believe, but the Principality is painting all 72 of its letterboxes...

"Tout doit être parfait en Principauté !"
Everything has to be perfect...

Les boîtes aux lettres font peau neuve ! | monacomatin.com
Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

The giant red carpet is for Charlene and her father who will cross the place of palace from the house of carabinieris to the altar in the courtyard and also for the guests(royals and others who will arrive and will cross the place of the palace to attend the ceremony in the courtyard.
Jason Hartman sings also in english he sings with his father and his brother who plays battery. there is a short video on the monaco matin site
Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Melina, do you know who the other South African group is?

And what is "battery" ?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Another view on "princely" versus "royal:

Looking through the details on the "Wedding" pages of Monaco-Matin, I noticed that even the Mairie (town hall) can't make up its collective mind on whether PA is "royal" or "princely". Both terms are used within the same sentence :~))
Old 06-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

his brother plays drums in the band . You could hear what he is singing on you tube.
Charlene Wittstock talks about Jason Hartman because, he played free at the brasserie at the moment of the Grand Price.
But I had no news about the other group which will play for the wedding.
On Monaco Matin, there is also the Agenda about the events of the wedding. We know the program but there are more events, we did not know as.
The couple will stay two hours after the civil ceremony with the people of monaco during the cocktail at 6 pm
There will be a diner at 12am for the guests of the Prince on july the 2th before the religious ceremony, 'I doubt that Charlene would attend to this diner just some hours before the ceremony'
On july the 3th, the to morrow of the wedding, there will be a brunch atthe palace for the guests of the Prince.
Perhaps we will get some photos of the guests for this two small diners besides the two ceremonies and I hope to see the other royals at this wedding
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Many Catholics prefer the Tridentine Mass, because of its beauty and tradition.
(I keep hoping Pope Benedict XVI will reinstate it, or at least make it a preferred option).
Is it definite that this is the Mass in use for the wedding?

Closed Thread