The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Commoner

I agree, the coin for William & Catherine was awful on her, didn't do her any justice!

Old 05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene's title for a day

We know that the religious ceremony is one day after the civil ceremony. For that one day and night what is the title of Charlene Wittstock? I mean, she is officially the sopuse of the Prince. Will she enter the church (or courtyard in this case) as Princess Charlene or Charlene Wittstock?
Thank you.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
We know that the religious ceremony is one day after the civil ceremony. For that one day and night what is the title of Charlene Wittstock? I mean, she is officially the sopuse of the Prince. Will she enter the church (or courtyard in this case) as Princess Charlene or Charlene Wittstock?
Thank you.
As monegasque law allows for a civil marriage only, she will be Princess Charlene of Monaco the moment she marries the prince civilly. But for Roman Catholics she will only be the "real" wife of the prince the moment they accept the sacrament of matrimony in front of the priest. So when she enters the church she is by law already Princess Charlene but for the church she isn't yet. Though there is the concept of marriage "in proxy" - which means that people are married the moment they promise each other marriage according to the Chruch law - they priest is only the witness. Thus she might be his wife already on entering the church and this marriage is just witnessed on repeating the promise in front of a priest.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock's Wedding Television Coverage

Many details on Princely wedding in Monaco have been discussed so far.I've started this question separately as I am interested to know which channels will cover precisely the wedding ceremony.Will they cover only civil ceremony or religious one(the other aspects,concert etc.)?
I am pretty sure the basic French channels will cover this ceremony.How about British,American,Italian or other channels?
I wish to know more details on the broadcast and programms connected with.
Thank You in advance.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The Monaco Info and Tmc will cover the civil wedding and the festivities after the ceremony.
All the french channels will cover the religious ceremony all the afternoon, for seing the personalities and royals arriving in the coutyard but Tmc will follow the coverage untill the diner and firework
There will be internet which will cover the civil and religious cermonies and the festivitis concert and so, it was written in a tv newspaper
Almost al the tv of Europa will cover the religious ceremony and the processsion to the Sainte Devote
For the usa and canada, I don't know if a channel will make the coverage, I know that tv monde a channel in french language could make the coverage, we could find it in Quebec.
Nowadays, for the tmc tv monaco info, french channels we are sure, for the tv of europa we don't know the the name of these tv.
I read somewhere that you tube will cover the two weddings.
I think you will know a little more on Juni.
I recall, I followed the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden on a german tv, because none of the french tv followed this big event and after, I went on the internet to continu to watch the dinner and so
Old 05-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Nadine, Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August were not separated at that time, so it wasn't unusual for them all to be together.

But now they ARE separated, and unless EA and PA are closer than we realize, I don't see any reason why he would be at this wedding.

His two sons..perhaps. EA himself...what would be the point?

It's so touching to see how Caroline wears her emotions on her sleeve..despite her legendary elegance. And was that Charlotte crying too?? BTW...her then-boyfriend Felix Winckler was quite a cutie!

BTW...that PA/CW commemorative coin was PERFECT! I was appalled at the way the one for William/Kate made the bride look...she was not even recognizable!

But Monaco got it right.

Hi, Moonmaiden23, one can always hope! After all they have never *officially* announced their separation, thus there is always a chance of reconciliation, especially when family comes together, like at a wedding. :)

(...)

ps: lol, Moonmaiden, that last pic was not Felix, it was Charlotte's stepbrother, Christian de Hanover, with her.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Paul Masseron is the Monegasque Government's Councillor for the Interior, and yesterday morning he was invited to the Yacht Club by the Press Club de Monaco, in order to answer questions about the impending wedding.
PM is responsible for security over the wedding period.
There will be 520 policemen, but Monaco normally already has a high level of security.
Masseron explains that "Monaco will be open to visitors, but there will be a high level of security..... Monaco and security are a couple."

There will also be security in the air....

Paul Masseron, le monsieur sécurité du mariage princier | Nice-Matin
Old 05-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

I have the french channel TVA I wonder if they'll cover the wedding.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
I have the french channel TVA I wonder if they'll cover the wedding.
Is TVA a French-Canadian Channel?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if tv monde is named in Canada TVA, tv monde is a channel which boardcast all the emissions in french of Belgium, Schweiz, and so, this channel will boardcast the wedding, but you tube will also boardcast the wedding as it made for the wedding of Prince William
Old 05-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Another article from the Monegasque government regarding Public Security during the days of the Wedding:
André Muhlberger points out that the Principality has experience in putting on large events.
Even on the Saturday, there will be free access to the "Rocher".
There will be free buses and parking spaces.
However, car drivers may find it difficult because the wedding coincides with the first holiday weekend in France.

Mariage princier : le gouvernement s'active
Old 05-21-2011, 03:47 AM
Commoner

Do you mean TV5 Monde?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is TV monde

TMC and Monaco Info will be associed to cover the religious ceremony, the boardcast must last 6 hours.

Point De Vue said upon the dinner, there will be the guests and some media to get the fist look of the dance of the bride. I hope we could watch the dinner, the speechs and the first dance as the wedding of Princess Victoria which was perfect.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Commoner

Anyone know if any non reigning royal families will be attending? Like HI&RH Prince George Friedrich of Prussia and his fiance HSH Princess Sophie of Isenburg or HIH Grand Duchess Maria of Russia shall be attending this historical wedding in Monaco?
Old 05-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It was announced that reigning and non reigning families would attend, but not which families.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Apparent

In a conference , the minister said the list of guests will be announced mi juni. I thingh iwill be like the list of guests at the william'wedding, it will be published in the last weeks.
Point De Vue, royal newspaper announced the venue of all the family of Sweden, the family of Belgium, the crown prince couple of Netherlands, the family of Spain, and so
Old 05-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I have TV Europe (French canal) at home. I hope it willcover the wedding.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if France 24 or BFM will cover the ceremony.Is any of British channels going to broadcast it live?
Have ever any British channels broadcated any foreign wedding?
Old 05-21-2011, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

BFM covered the wedding of Prince William with Kate, there will be an english channel which will cover the wedding of Monaco
Old 05-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I doubt we'll see any of the British channels carrying the wedding, might see snippets throughout the day but that will be it. No channel carried Victorias wedding nor the other foreign weddings. Doubt this one would be any different.