The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will any British channels cover the wedding?How about France 24?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Nobility

I am not sure if it has been mentioned already but it looks like the whole Swedish Royal family will be attending the wedding, at least according to the diary.
Royal Diary - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Old 05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Palace puts the official wedding on face book and twitter
Old 05-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Palace puts the official wedding on face book and twitter
The Facebook page is Le Mariage de Monaco (officiel) - Monaco Wedding (official).
Old 05-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I looked on this one first:

Monaco - Wall | Facebook

And this one:

http://www.facebook.com/charlenewittstock?sk=wall

Monaco Government site is the official website of the Monaco Wedding Collection - a nice little earner......

http://www.facebook.com/visitmonaco

http://www.souvenirs-shop.mc/produit..._from_store=en

There are only seven items on the list.....

Thanks, Melina
Old 05-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

on facebook the title is:
Le mariage de Monaco(officiel) Monaco wedding (official)
Old 05-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

No Pez dispenser? No bobble heads? Actually the items look very classy, but your're nobody if you don't have a bobblehead. Even Obama has a bobblehead.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurrenderDorothy View Post
Hi - newbie here. I'm just a survivor of, in my opinion, a very disappointing UK royal wedding and, having been to Monaco and a lover of Princess Grace, I am so glad to be excited about this. So far, it's been handled so tastefully, from their organized and elegant website, to the non-tacky souvenirs, to the obvious attraction between the two. I know that royalty is a little goofy for me being from the USA, but this appears to be a spectacular event and I love the clothes already. It really makes the 'other' wedding pale by comparison, which is ok, but, so far, what a relief to see how it should be done.
Welcome! I liked the UK wedding very much, but I am very much looking forward to the Monaco wedding of our beloved Princess Grace's only son, just like you are!

Also like melina-premiere, I am certain that HSH will treat his foreign Royal guests with a little more Continental graciousness than the Brits did. It was one of the few things that I found disappointing and annoying about the UK wedding..I can't remember such a lack of finesse at any previous British Royal wedding.

It can get a little intense on these Forums, everyone is very passionate about their favorite Royals...but it is also so much fun at times.

BTW...I love your name!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Guestlist of the Royal Wedding of Prince Albert - Do you think it would be longer and geographically wider than the recent Cambridge wedding? Prince Albert is a Head of State.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Majesty

Ephram, I am certain it will be.

Prince Albert is rich as Croesus and is not under the type of constraints that William and Kate and the BRF were under due to Britain's economic hardships. HSH can afford to splurge...you can be sure that there will be no mini-buses for his Royal guests, no finger foods, and EVERYONE will be invited to ALL the pre-Nuptial and Nuptial festivities.

I really can't wait for this wedding.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Don't you think they are over exagerating with all the program? Too many dinners, balls, fireworks, etc? They have to party, yes, it's perfectly understandable because they are getting married, but they have to do this like a show for everyone? Is a marriage, not a show!

Plus, i think the Brits were correct. Europe's situation is not like they can be throwing money out the window, as Albert is planning. Too much preparation.
And then they will still party in SA. More money wasted.

I know he is a head of state, but can't he celebrate this more with his family? (oh yeah, and the people of Monaco) instead of the whole world?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox
Don't you think they are over exagerating with all the program? Too many dinners, balls, fireworks, etc? They have to party, yes, it's perfectly understandable because they are getting married, but they have to do this like a show for everyone? Is a marriage, not a show!

Plus, i think the Brits were correct. Europe's situation is not like they can be throwing money out the window, as Albert is planning. Too much preparation.
And then they will still party in SA. More money wasted.

I know he is a head of state, but can't he celebrate this more with his family? (oh yeah, and the people of Monaco) instead of the whole world?
This is a culture that is greatly influenced by the French and Italians: two cultures that know how to do things big. That is there way where as the British are all about pomp and circumstance and tradition. Two different cultures with two different perspectives and should not be compared.

Secondly Monaco seems to be one of the few European countries that is doing well in spite of the bad economy. PA is worth more than the BRF and if he wants to put his country on grand display why not? I am not going to begrudge them the glamour and glitz because Monaco is known for it. It's not their fault their economy is good and the rest of ours is in dire straits. At least it will cheer me up to see others happy and celebrating.

And in this comsumer driven world that money won't go to waste as SA and Monaco businesses will recieve attention and business which creates revenue and money for employee's to spend.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

^I don't agree, but i see your point.
Anyway i believe it will be a great show, worth to watch.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

It sure will and thank God they have the means and wherewithal to pull it through!
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Courtier

How rich is Monaco? Compared to all the other Royal Families they don't seem to have all the Castles, Palaces but are they richer than the British Royal Family? I know the Queen will never be able to sell the paintings or the jewels as they belong to the country and are not her personal possessions??
Old 05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Serene Highness

I for one am all about the go big or go home kind of weddings! I mean If you're royal and you got the money, then go all out! Victoria went all out for her wedding and what a treat it was! This wedding I think might be the biggest royal wedding we've seen in years in terms of money spent on it. I'm sure Albert is going to have a new fleet of hot cars for all the royals, and I hope he rides in a nice Rolls from his fathers collection of cars. If I had his money I would be celebrating that way too!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
How rich is Monaco? Compared to all the other Royal Families they don't seem to have all the Castles, Palaces but are they richer than the British Royal Family? I know the Queen will never be able to sell the paintings or the jewels as they belong to the country and are not her personal possessions??
Prince Albert is said to worth $2-2 1/2 billion dollars. Yes, Monaco doesn't have room for many palaces or castles but it is a gambling paradise that attracts the very wealthy so they have plenty of cash. That $2b or so doesn't take into account any losses from the worldwide economic downturn . But I'd say, even with those possible losses he's still doing better than most of the European royal families with the exception of Luxembourg & Lichtenstein.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

This is Monaco. Glamour capital of the world. Of course there will be a big wedding. Besides, that's what the people live for; births, weddings and funerals. It will also generate lots of income not only for Monaco, but for that whole area between Nice, France and the Italian border. Everybody's happy.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Aristocracy

Fan of Monaco:
I wholeheartedly concur!

Prince Albert is half Philadelphian via Grace and our economy sucks but I know people in my neighborhood, which is around where Gace Kelly is from are excited about the nuptuials. The shops in Manyunk and in Roxborough-I heard-are doing something in honour of the day. If that happens and they can generate a lot of business, PA will be indirectly helping his mother's hometown local businesses. I want to host something for my block because we have a lot of Baby Boomers and their live in parents who would appreciate it enough to have an afternoon tea and watch a recording.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

One week ago, there was a lovely documentary on the wedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace at the tv 5.She arrived by boat at Monaco, and already they had a gala of Residents, the evening further they had a gala of the union trade of Monaco, the evening after they had a show of dance and sport given to the sport associaeion and a firework, the day after they had the civil wedding after they received the people of Monaco for a cocktail than the evening they had a big gala to the opera and a firework on the port in the evening, the to morrow further they had their religious wedding, all these festivities were organized by Hollywood team. Princess Grace lost 8 kilos of weight.It was in 1956, you can compare

Closed Thread