Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know now the royals and guests who are atending? Is here any official list?

Regarding the British representation at this wedding, I am not surprised the Prince William and Catherine were not going, simply because Albert and Charlene have developed a friendship with the Earl and Countess of Wessex, who are going to be the British representative. I think Charlene and Albert would rather have Edward and Sophie, a couple who they know and have met before (they also met at the Grace Kelly Exhibition last year), so I think Edward and Sophie are fair representatives. They often attend the weddings of foreign Royal Families. They also attended Victoria and Daniel's, much to everyone's shock as people felt they weren' "superior" enough, as Victoria is the heir apparent; however once again I believe Victoria wanted them there as she knew them on a personal level.

"The royal contigent will include the Earl and Countess of Wessex, to whom Charlene has formed a special attachment.

Source: Here.

I can't wait to see Charlene's dress, I expect she'll look absolutely stunning.

Charlene and Albert: Another Interview and Biography from Euronews (Yes, it’s New.) | The Royal Correspondent

I think Albert appears very shy in this interview ... Charlene appears more confident. I hope she will always support him in everything he does. He seems a very kind man to me.

I am always surprised when I hear Prince Albert talking to journalists. He's not only why but also hesitating and looks not confident, maybe it's the case when he speaks french only, I don't know if it's the same when he speaks english.

Thanks, angieuk, I really liked that particular interview !

PA wasn't quite as shy.

Angie, these watercolours are lovely. I have saved them on my hard disc.
They are almost nicer than the real thing.

Wedding Vows in French
Moi, Albert ....., je te prend, Charlene,
pour être mon épouse,
pour avoir et tenir,
de ce jour vers l'avant,
pour meilleur ou pour le pire,
pour la prospérité et la pauvreté,
dans la maladie et dans la santé,
pour aimer et chérir,
jusqu'à la mort nous sépare.

Bride: "mon mari"

Last edited:
The civil wedding will be boardcasted on euronews tv and on monaco info in line, and you can see the white uniform which will be wore by Prince Albert of Monaco, thankyou cdm for the photos you send us

I think it was rather rude of the British Royal Family to book the tour around the time of the wedding, knowing that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attract a lot of attention they could have been courteous and let Albert and Charlene have their own moment! The wedding date was marked and booked long before, the tour was, why they decided to overlap the two, really beats me!!

I couldn`t be more agree with you:)

Charlene and Albert: Another Interview and Biography from Euronews (Yes, it’s New.) | The Royal Correspondent

I think Albert appears very shy in this interview ... Charlene appears more confident. I hope she will always support him in everything he does. He seems a very kind man to me.

Thanks for the link and the lovely rather light-hearted interview. :)

Albert reminds me of King George VI of Britian, whom also had a well-known stuttering problem, but got help for it ala the film "The King's Speech". :)

Though Albert doesn't stutter as bad as he did when he was younger, it's still there, and makes him rather endearing imho. :heart: Which is why he always comes across like he's doing his first interview no matter if it is his millionth one, nor no matter what language. :D

Charlene, OTOH, comes across as very protective of him, and strong, as has been mentioned in another thread. I like how she told him "you don't have to answer everything" in response to the interviewer asking Albert when and where he proposed to Charlene. :flowers:

i LOVE the uniform he will be using!!! such a diferent sight we get from him, because almost the other CP marrying had dark military outfits.
william had a red one. so William and Albert will be my top handsome military oufit for a groom!!!

Not wishing to be controversial, but William is twenty years younger than Albert.
And white is an unbecoming shade for someone not as slim as William.

Not wishing to be controversial, but William is twenty years younger than Albert.
And white is an unbecoming shade for someone not as slim as William.
I agree with you and at least Albert appears to have lost weight since last summer. He didn't look good at Victoria's wedding.

Just a quick question:-

1. Is Albert wearing a suit on the 1 July?
2. Uniform on the 2nd July?

Mods: Will we have a separate new thread to discuss the two Wedding days? I am sure it will be quite a long thread which I intend to read with a pile of sandwiches and hot drink over the coming days after the Wedding.

I rather like the The Royal Correspondent | Daily news and gossip from the world of royalty. I think it is well sourced with up-to-date information for everyone. Love reading everyone's comments here too. I like how Albert said he is going to whisk Charlene away for a honeymoon after all the public engagements have finished in early July. Did anyone notice the wink (eye) he rather touchingly gave Charlene during the interview? (6.10). After she said (Charlene) move on do some shopping?)

http://www.euronews.net/2011/06/22/prince-albert-and-charlene-wittstock-interview/

Last edited:
:previous:

We'll have two threads for July 1st and July 2nd: one thread for the civil wedding and the
celebrations around it and one thread for the church wedding and the celebrations of that day :flowers:

I saw the wink of eye on the interiew of euronews, I like also reading royal correspondent; we find documentaries on the royals which are very interessant.

Many thanks Iceflower for your information re the 2 Wedding days - A big thank you! Love reading all your comments here everyone! My one wish was to have seen the Wedding in English, but can't see that happening alas. If I watch it in French/German/Swedish I still won't know what is being said. But I will have the lovely pictures ---- thank goodness, to watch.

Many thanks Iceflower for your information re the 2 Wedding days - A big thank you! Love reading all your comments here everyone! My one wish was to have seen the Wedding in English, but can't see that happening alas. If I watch it in French/German/Swedish I still won't know what is being said. But I will have the lovely pictures ---- thank goodness, to watch.

I take it you don't have Euronews?

I can get that on the Internet but I had assumed it would be in French. Is it in English? That would be fab!

For the wedding of Princess Victoria of Sweden, the french tv did not boardcast the wedding also I watched at the german tv as I understand the german language it was easy but after when I wanted to see the dinner, I saw it on my computer and than I did not understand the language but I was pleasant to follow the wedding. It seemed that the wedding would be also on youtube,

I'll definitely watch Monaco Info. But that's no help if there's no translation.

I can get that on the Internet but I had assumed it would be in French. Is it in English? That would be fab!
I hope there'll be an english reporter (or at least a german ~ in order i understand :D) who is going to cover the event, because many people- not only French speakers - will watch the wedding.

I think Charlene becomes more & more dynamic as the time goes by.

Last edited by a moderator:
i LOVE the uniform he will be using!!! such a diferent sight we get from him, because almost the other CP marrying had dark military outfits.
william had a red one. so William and Albert will be my top handsome military oufit for a groom!!!

william looked fine at his wedding, but i don't think albert will look good. the uniform is white, and it will maybe look fatter than he is.

I think Charlene becomes more & more dynamic as the time goes by.

with that sad and scary eyes you see her dynamic????

Last edited by a moderator:
with that sad and scary eyes you see her dynamic????

Sad and scary eyes? :lol: IMO she has very beautiful eyes. In fact, her eyes are quite an asset, like two sparkling jewels. There are many things she can be criticized for (behavior, inappropriate dress sense here and there, etc), but attacking her physical qualities is just downright nastiness (and possibly jealousy).

"The eyes are the mirror of the soul"

All of us use the "eye mirror" to show (or hide) what goes on in our soul.

Therefore it's perfectly normal for anyone to show joy, distress, wonderment, and a myriad of emotions by using our eyes.

Watch Charlene's eyes, and you'll see all her moods....

But don't attribute nastiness to MissMaryanne, just because she has seen sadness or other emotions in Charlene's eyes.

You know what I don't understand, I don't understand people that follow a person(s) that they obviously don't like, and make little catty remarks about him/her here & there, but every once in a while they try to throw people off with a bone now & then. ;) It doesn't fool me, I have a memory like an elephant, lol. :cool:

Anyhow, just pitching in my $0.00 cents, as if it matters. *rolls eyes*

Now back to the lovely duo at hand, the countdown has begun, less than a week away!!!!! WHERE'S THAT COMPLETE GUEST LIST!?!?!?

I've been checking in madly each day to see if it has been posted in its entirety yet, and alas no. :(

Now back to the lovely duo at hand, the countdown has begun, less than a week away!!!!! WHERE'S THAT COMPLETE GUEST LIST!?!?!?

I've been checking in madly each day to see if it has been posted in its entirety yet, and alas no. :(

Me too!

Only a few names were released on Facebook,I was hoping by now we'd know at least which Royals were definatley going.

The Associated Press: Monaco's bride seeking to make her own mark

"There'll be none of the commemorative kitsch that abounded at the British wedding, where everything from tea bags to toilet seat covers were emblazoned with the royal couple's broadly smiling faces."

I don't know why,but that excerpt surely made me laugh.I certainly don't want to have William and Kate's faces staring at me whilst I'm doing my own business in the privacy of my bathroom.:ROFLMAO:

Also,I've been wondering when are they going to have the wedding rehearsal!!! I would love to see pictures from that,just like when Princess Caroline had hers when she wed Philippe Junot.Questions,questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom