Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace and Ranier's marriage was arranged? This is the first time I've heard this.

Where have you been?
Duh. Anyone would ovbiously know it was arranged....they met 4 times and got married. Who, besides someone under an arranged marriage, does that?!

And the meaning of "arranged" is semi-altered here...it was arranged in the sense that they only met 4 times before marrying, not in the sense that Princess Charlotte and Grace's parents pressured them into it and such.

This is the website and Wikipedia site for St. Nicholas Cathedral, where Rainier, Grace and many Grimaldi are buried.

This is the cathedral built from white stone from nearby La Turbie.

CATHEDRALE DE MONACO

Saint Nicholas Cathedral, Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The other cathedral is called Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, and it is the mother church of the Archdiocese of Monaco, i.e. an ecclesiastical territory where the Archbishop holds sway. Monaco being so small, it only has one diocese/archdiocese.

I'm confused.
Because the picture in this article,
Google Translate

looks exactly the same as the picture in this one

Saint Nicholas Cathedral, Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They both say they house the tombs of Ranier and Grace.

I think there would bte an outcry if they were to wed anywhere but Saint-Nicholas.

Thanks, Due, for letting me know about the Wiki images and text.
I'll try and sort out the mess.

The late Prince and Princess of Monaco an arranged marriage? What an absurd conclusion. There was some opposition from the Kellys, though never voiced; and far more concern within the Grimaldi family. The Kellys were successful Irish-Americans with noble Irish ancestry, however in the 1950s the predominantly conservative and reactionary princely families of Europe still believed in caste and unequal marriage. That TSH overcame this coolness within the "mob" is a tribute to their love. After all, Monaco is only one of two sovereign principalities still extant: they survived by accommodating modern trends unlike their inbred German contemporaries. I wish the new reigning couple a happy marriage.

It doesn't look that small, and it will be a private-ish wedding.

I think there would bte an outcry if they were to wed anywhere but Saint-Nicholas.

I just re read the quote and I am with you on this one Renata... It was probably a typo. I cant seem them getting married anywhere else besides the Saint Nicholas cathedral. Reasons being:

Its on the Rock
Albert wedding is a State occasion
Large in size to fit all the guests

I know a lot of people don't think much of CW but do you really think she would announce on FACEBOOK of all places when and where she is getting married?

This isn't a rock concert. If this Charlene's true face book page, she wouldn't be announcing it on Facebook. Which is incredibly tacky.

I know a lot of people don't think much of CW but do you really think she would announce on FACEBOOK of all places when and where she is getting married?

This isn't a rock concert. If this Charlene's true face book page, she wouldn't be announcing it on Facebook. Which is incredibly tacky.

Yes, I agree, Zonk. I think its a fan made page. The quote is from People magazine quoting the palace

Get OUT of my head Zonk! First of all, it is not Charlene's place to be chattering away about the location of a wedding that won't be taking place for another year...least of all on the Internet, on Facebook of all places.

This wedding will likely be a State occasion and any news on the details should and would come from the Prince's office at the Palace.

I refuse to believe CW is that tacky(I don't even believe that is really HER Facebook page :whistling:) and I especially don't think PA or his office would even allow that.

BTW...those Cathedrals in Monaco are quite grand, really beautiful!

I agree - CW will have very little influence on the wedding ceremonies, and similarly for PA. The state apparatus will grind into action as we speak (or write).

First on the guest list will be the President of the French Republic (probably still Nicholas Sarkozy, but not a dead cert at the moment). France, after all, still runs bits of Monaco....

Second will be the Papal Nuncio (the Pope's envoy), and then all the great and the good of Monaco and other bits of France, starting with Michel Roger of course, as Minister of State....

P.S. Does anyone still want chapter and verse on the cathedrals, or is that clear now??

The Facebook page on Charlene is said to be run by someone who knows her and is in Public Relations. The ones you see are Fan pages. Her real FB you can only find if she invites you.

I don't think they will have a say in the church.
But they will have a say in everything else, I know certain people have to be invited to the wedding, but they will have a hand in every part of the wedding. It is theirs after all.

It would be nice to think so, but the whole process will be managed by "The Palace".

A princely wedding is something the courtiers have been waiting for, for a long time!

I don't think they will have a say in the church.
But they will have a say in everything else, I know certain people have to be invited to the wedding, but they will have a hand in every part of the wedding. It is theirs after all.

I would expect a large turn out of sports royalty (especially since so many nominally make Monaco their home).

The President of France will certainly be invited, his attendance may another matter. In 1956 Francois Mitterand (a future President) represented the French President Coty at the wedding but times have changed and I do think it likely he and Carla will attend.

It would be nice to think so, but the whole process will be managed by "The Palace".

A princely wedding is something the courtiers have been waiting for, for a long time!

I think you are right...everything must conform to certain standards.

The only area where CW will hold full sway will be in the selection of her bridal attire, and even that will need to be governed by certain restrictions..for example a Church wedding in the presence of the Papal nuncio probably won't feature a bride wearing plunging necklines, bare back, or slits up to the thigh. :lol:

God forbid !! Let's pray she'll be slightly more "conservative" in her sartorial choices.

I don't think she has ever learnt that hiding flesh can be far more enticing than letting it all hang out.

This is the lesson learnt from Grace's wedding gown - nothing on show, everything anticipated and salivated over - and still a classic after 55-odd years.

qs it couldn't be different: Armani stated to newspaper "Le Monde" that he is working on her wedding dress

I knew it! And really it couldn't be other designer.

I am happy to hear that it will be Armani...he and his team haven't steered her wrong yet! Her loyalty to him is understandable.

Why take a chance and roll the dice on someone new on what will be the most visible and public day of one's life?

There is something in what you say - it's the devil you know.... :)

And the Armani family have been assiduous in cultivating CW's friendship - and it's paying off!

qs it couldn't be different: Armani stated to newspaper "Le Monde" that he is working on her wedding dress

They could be working on a dress for her, but so could so many other designers.
I know it's more probable that Armani will be the actual designer, but I have my fingers crossed.

Thank you for this information! :)

I've been looking at pictures of Armani designed wedding dresses for high profile celebrities, and thus far I've found the following (just to get an idea):

Katie Holmes wedding pictures in Rome (Katie Holmes)

First photos: Megan Fox in Armani Prive wedding dress at her Hawaiian nuptials - (Megan Fox)

Mira Sorvino's Wedding Dress (Mira Sorvino)

All the aforementioned ladies are tall & beautiful like Charlene, so their dresses gave me a good idea of what Charlene would look like in hers. *smile*

They all appear to be strapless (except for the teeny tiny spaghetti straps of Mira's), so I expect Charlene's to be as well, which would show off her gorgeous broad shoulders (btw her future sister-in-law Princess Stephanie has the same lovely shoulders).

Since Charlene is an older & more sophisticated bride in her early 30's, I would expect her to wear something sleek, lovely, and classy, similar to Crown Princess Victoria's in terms of sophistication. Now if she were a young bride fresh out of her teens, I would expect her to wear something like the following:

http://www.bridetobe.com.au/e2shop/ProductImages/{728CC65E-86DD-42AE-ABE0-DBEB08ADDE89}.jpg (Lady Diana Spencer ~ young blushing newly turned 20 yr. old virginal bride; my all-time favorite)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected (Princess Caroline ~ old-fashioned, traditional, another favorite of mine; btw, lol, her 1st wedding always reminds me of this one: YouTube - Wedding in Sicily - with Godfather theme song my favorite big screen wedding scene)

In terms of royal weddings, I found this great thread on this forum from a few years ago ~ click here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/who-s-the-designer-4000-4.html ~ which gives a valuable amount of information. I've noticed that Armani has only designed two wedding dresses thus far for royalty (both low profile, one moreso than the other), thus I can't wait to see what he has in store for us all when it comes to Charlene & Albert! :)

***Note: I wonder if he will be designing dresses & suits for the entire wedding party!?! Like he did for Katie Holmes & Tom Cruises's wedding.***

p.s. Grace had Helen Rose from MGM, Princess Caroline Dior & Chanel, and now Charlene Armani...

Since Charlene is an older & more sophisticated bride in her early 30's, I would expect her to wear something sleek, lovely, and classy

I fully agree with you

Charlene obviously has great shoulders but since she is going to be married in a Cathedral before a bishop(unlike Katie Holmes, Megan Fox etc.) I would hope to see her in something a little more covered up. :whistling:

Princess Victoria's gorgeous gown was ideal...it skimmed her shoulders just enough, but was also not too bare for a church wedding.

I've been looking at pictures of Armani designed wedding dresses for high profile celebrities, and thus far I've found the following (just to get an idea):

Yes that does remind one of Caro's first wedding!!!!!!! Must be a italian/ french village rituals at play here

** off topic
Silly me thats the Godfather! I forgot Michael Corleane character was married first in Italy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why she chose her designer so soon, perhaps it will take the designer a year to create the dress?

I think that, because of her close relationship with Roberta and the rest of Armani, there might have been a fairly strong expectation for them to get the job!

Let's hope they rise to the challenge, and that the Archbishop of Monaco, Monsignor Bernard Barsi, doesn't have to look at too much female flesh on the day...

Lol, I just assumed that everybody was familiar with "The Godfather". :D I love the whole story behind Michael Corleone & Appollonia, and the famous Italian thunderbolt!

Back on topic, I can't believe that I forgot one of my favorite personalities, whom reminds me of Princess Caroline in terms of class, intelligence, strength of character, and beauty ~ Ashley Judd ~ she too has worn Armani for her wedding! It must've slipped my mind because I have never been able to find a picture of the wedding. *sad* The following are some references to it though:

http://crazysexygorgeous.blogspot.com/2009/03/17th-most-expensive-hollywood-wedding.html

http://www.lovetripper.com/bridal/wedding-database/ashley-judd.html

***Note: though I'm a conservative & a traditionalist by nature, Ashley Judd is one whom I would have loved to see as a HSH for a principality like Monaco or similar, however when it comes to England, no budge ever.***

That said, I'm still in la la land visioning Armani creating dresses & suits for the entire wedding party of Prince Albert & Charlene. I keep thinking about Mira Sorvino's weddng http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/christopher-backus-mira-sorvino-wedding/ , wherein "the bridesmaids wore long blue-green satin spaghetti strap gowns overlaid in blue chiffon inspired by the sea off Capri."

Oh, I could just imagine Charlene's bridesmaids dressed as such as an homage to the Mediterranean Sea off the coast of Monaco...with the sun setting...and the entire wedding party having their picture taken outside, with the aforementioned lovely sea as a backdrop. Ah, like mermaids! *clapping*

I'm just so looking forward to this wedding with great anticipation & excitement, same as I was for the lovely Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, which overexceeded my wildest imagination.

On a hopeful note, I would love to see Albert's sisters perhaps as matrons of honor, since they are older than the bride, but nevertheless close to Charlene, at least I hope so. *smile*

I just want to see the whole family together & happy & united, as I've loved watching this family since I was a young teen. And now a new member has been added, a time for celebration and rejoicing!!!!!:cheers::heartflower::castle3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom