The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the Funeral thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
And someone better tell the Charlene thread that she didn't take communion so it looks like she's Protestant again (sigh), of course neither did Caroline which surprised me.
I posted a link before by a priest that said Charlene did not need to convert. I can't get the link to open but if you read the Q&A of the web site for the marriage you will find mention of it here as well, only the children need to be raised Catholic. If Charlene is converting before the wedding it will be on or close to April 23 Easter Vigil the date everyone around the world who is converting will be excepted into the Church.

Regarding Caroline it was announced several years ago that she would no longer be taking communion in public.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Easter time is the best moment when a person wants to converting catholic religion but everybody can converting at any moment of the year, there is no rule for Charlene, I think it would be better she converts before the wedding because on the site of the wedding, it is said that the religious ceremony led by Mg Barsi will be a mass of the catholic roman rite, in this mass, there is also usually the communion, if Charlene is not catholic at this time, she could not take the communion and we will see Albert taking the communion and on the knees and Charlene not taking the communion and standing up during the time of communion. It will not be fine. I saw the ceremony on monaco info,she made signs which may thinking that she is on the way of converting. It takes time ,for the children there are 3 years of learning before the first communion, we learn the priests, the rite during a mass and so, our catholics mass for wedding and buring are very beautiful but they are complicat for person which is not catholic; at the national fest she only salute the altar, now she knies and signs herself very well but I am not sure she will converting before the wedding

Old 03-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
I find Charlene and her wedding to be interesting. I think she will be the prettiest bride of the decade unless she makes a bad choice of gown, which I doubt will happen. After the wedding, I believe she will fall into position and be more interesting than anyone ever anticipated.
Why on God's earth would Charlene SUDDENLY be interesting and filled with character? I think five years is enough time to at least START to show who you really are, and I think she has ... really shown who she really is. Empty and deadly boring.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

During those five years, she wasn't , necessarily, going to be his wife. This evolved. Plus, she doesn't have to show you anything. What makes any of them interesting. Stephanie is really interesting and that is not a compliment. You, really, know nothing, on a personal level about her.. Only what you decide to interpret your way.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

My connections would probably be interesting to you, Countess.

Angeline, I try to find the interesting in all people.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
My connections would probably be interesting to you, Countess.

Angeline, I try to find the interesting in all people.
Connections...?
And those are...?

Charlene must be interesting to some people, if not, we weren't posting here, i guess.
Some for the good, some for the bad, but she seems to have brought attention during the past five years, constantly put by the paparazzi as the possible princess of Monaco and now with the engagement, the future princess of Monaco.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I concur with Kitty - every human being is interesting when one is willing and able to find at least some interesting features in him or her.

Therefore, although I don't find CW riveting, I can see that she has sufficient interesting points and traits to help her become a princess in time.
Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlene seems pretty much a cipher to me.
To be fair, they may be because she is cautious, trying not to put a foot wrong until she is safely married.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Courtier

Lol, I'm just literally counting down the days until the wedding!!!!!

And I'm getting more & more excited the nearer it approaches.

I've seen the sketches of what the courtyard will look like, as well as the reception at the Oceanic Museum, which I think is apropos, as Charlene has always reminded me of a Siren from the Sea that has captured the heart and mind of the Prince from the Castle:

Personally I think the reason I'm looking forward to this one more than any other is because I've *never* before seen a wedding from Monaco, just as I had never before seen one from Sweden until last summer's magnificent wedding of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden to Daniel Westling. That one had me in tears, which I didn't expect, because of the genuine emotion, love, and affection between Victoria and her Prince, most notable the night before, during the wedding itself, and especially afterwards wherein he made a toast to her in front of all. :)

And just like that one, I have no preconceived notions of what this one may be like. I'm just looking forward to it with much excitement and anticipation, especially seeing Princess Caroline's beautiful children, as well as (hopefully) Princess Stephanie's. And everybody else, but most especially the bride!!!!! :)

Ah, I can't wait...

p.s. and I'm hoping beyond hope that Prince Amadeo from Belgium shows up in some way or how, lol.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Nadine, your post has helped me to find at least some anticipated pleasure in the Monaco match.....
Old 04-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

Is Celeste Holme invited and what about Esther Williams who was an Olympian herself? does anybody know?
Old 04-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
Why on God's earth would Charlene SUDDENLY be interesting and filled with character? I think five years is enough time to at least START to show who you really are, and I think she has ... really shown who she really is. Empty and deadly boring.
Queen Elizabeth II has been a public figure for 85plus years and yet none of us still do now know who she really is as a person. Perhaps Charlene is just an old chip off the block and doesn't feel the need to scream her personality at every chance. She definitely comes off as a poised and stoic woman but the little I've seen of her in interviews, she seems like a very fun and bubbly lady. She seems really likable and sometimes people like to follow people they like rather than people they just find interesting.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Nobility

oh my God how to compare QEII which is head of state of so many countries, has to be above all politics and the same with all prime ministers from all parties (right, left) and be the strong head of commonwealth praised by the secretary general of NATO and UNO for her way to conduct things and Charlene? Not really the same priorities and way to conduct their lives. Charlene is selfcentred (one more photo opportunity for the glamour press Charlene maybe?) and QEII offered her whole life to duty.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

If you ask me Charlene acts like the old time royals, only gives us a glimpse of how she truly is and the rest is private. I prefer that to some of the royals who parade around family business and dirty laundry in the tabloids!
Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent

ON Nice Matin and in the news of Monaco, there is the program of the the day of the evening after the civil wedding, The people of monaco could watch the civil wedding on the placo of Palace on big screens and the couple will offer the cocktail to the poeple and there will be a big concert on the port Hercules and the most important new is that the palace annonces to day that:
Miss Charlene Wittstock who is already christian is by a own and personnaly decision admitted in the whole and complete communion. It is that Charlene Wittstock is convert to the catholic religious.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

the site of princely palace has changed, there are videos, photos (there are photos of Charlene when she was young and photos of the wedding of prince rainier and princess Grace and details about the weddding and the fests
Old 04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Now we know who will entertain the Monegasques on the evening before the church wedding:

Jean Michel Jarre, no less !!

It may not be to everyone's taste, but this guy is the tops when it comes to electronic music, light shows, laser displays and fireworks....

Jean Michel Jarre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco’s Royal Couple To Use Lexus Hybrids For Their Wedding
Old 04-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Serene Highness

It says the dinner will be at 9PM followed by a ball and a fireworks display at midnight, that's not much time to eat and dance, unless the ball will continue after the fireworks? Anyway this is exciting because I think it'll be a tiara ball, since Albert's Enthronement also had a tiara event. So I'm expecting a lot of glitter, just not from the Princely family, although there are more than enough tiaras to go around...
Caroline: Large pearl and diamond tiara
Charlotte: Diamond Fringe
Stephanie: Grace's diamond/ necklace tiara
Pauline: Grace's small diamond tiara
Charlene: A new Purchase by Albert although I expect in the future she will wear Grace's tiara's, she doesn't need the comparison on the wedding day.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

I do wonder what duties/charities does Charlene support? I've never heard/read anything about that yet.... Anyone know?

Closed Thread