Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't rumor that she was in training, this information came from Monaco. Are you telling me LUMUTQUEEN that wearing cotuour gowns, having your hair and make up done professionally, wearing expensive jewelery is normal dating procedure. I think not. And Albert's face in the engagement picture looks at least 2 years younger. He looked like Captain Stubing from an 80 sitcom.

Umm for dating a Prince, yeah if you get invited to a royal wedding, you don't wear your ordinary clothes.
Okay, this info came from a reliable official source in Monaco did it? Proof please?
People say when your happy, you look younger.

In the engagement picture, they look exactly the same as they did at the royal wedding just weeks ago.
The training sitaution is a rumour, however if Charlene knew Albert was going to marry her, then she would have been put through some kind of training to prepare her for her future life.
All princess' go through it, even Diana went through training between her engagement and wedding. Courtiers taught her how to wave, how to courtsey, how to talk to foreign dignatries, how to sign her name etc.
When you go from being an ordinary commoner to the wife of a Prince, you tend to change your appearance. If she has had all those things a nose and breat job then that's her perogative.
The wedding was 3 days before the engagement photo was taken and he looks 30 pounds lighter and 10 years younger than at the wedding. His face was puffy as well like someone with a blood pressure problem who needs water pills, and lack of sleep.

The training was not a rumor it came from the Palace and the proof was posted.

Well if the traning thing came from the palace, then they were only preparing the future princess for the role. Other princess' have had training before engagement.

Honestly, I really don't see what the big deal is about the training.

It appears that early on both Charlene and Albert decided that this was a relationship that they wanted to pursue in a legal manner. He is HSH Prince of Monaco, and as such has a certain lifestyle and responsibilities that he has to withhold.

It goes without saying (because the Charlene detractors LOVE to bring this up) that she is not used or was not born in this style of manner. Therefore one would assume that she would need to be taught certain things about being a member of a Royal family? Isn't that correct? Isn't it also correct to assume (becaue I believe this to be the case) that Marie, Mary, Letizia,Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Maxima, Mette Marit, and Daniel have been taught the same thing? Isn't also safe to assume that before them Sonja and Silivia were too taken under someone's wing in order to learn what one must do to be royal?

So what is the big deal that Charlene had the same training? It should really come as no surprise.

I think there is no question that she's had training, tutoring and everything else thrown in. Just look at the difference in the before (when she first arrived) and after (recent photos) shots. The only difference with Charlene and the others training is that hers took almost five years and theirs took may be 1 -2 years in training. As far as I'm concerned Albert played Higgens to her Doolittle. What I can't stomach is the resume make over. She is what she is, and they aren't fooling anybody.

As for the Grace Kelly comparisons, she should not allow it. Grace was an icon and no one will ever compare to an icon. Charlene should have cut her own path and made it known that she is her own person. In the image department, she has allowed herself the comparison, and in that regard she will always come up short. JMO

But really how has she allowed the Grace comparison.

Let's face it...she is a blonde with short hair. What is she supposed to do...dye her hair? Has she really said she aims to look like Grace or are these just sources at the Palace? So called friends of hers?

Grace was an icon because people made her one. She wasn't perfect, she is just perceived to because honestly IMO she died young, and was a beautiful woman. She put her pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us. If Monaco became a little more respected and well known it was because of Rainier and Grace and not just Grace. He was after all the ruler of the principality. Let's try to give him a little credit for the Monaco Revolution.

It would be interesting to see (an an alternate universe) just how iconic she would have been if she was still here? If I recall correctly, prior to her death Grace was being criticized as well.

As for the retelling of her resume, well that's done all the time by people other than Charlene. I also think that people are redoing her resume because 1) we aren't privy to everything Charlene has done in her past and 2) people are nitpicking at her life and saying she isn't good enough. Heck, if I was on trial, judged and found to be guilty by people who don't know me from ADAM of being a 1) gold digger 2) not smart enough 3) not pretty enough or 4) just plain not good enough to be marrying someone who ASKED me, I pretty much think I would do the same.

Last edited:
Zonk, I enjoyed your post, but let's look at some facts on the resume. Don't you think if she had done all this with all the PR prior to her engagement it would have been put out there. Go back and look through all her interviews. If she really had a college degree don't you think that would have been out there from the get-go. Her working with children? -only one thin article and no indication it went beyond the photo op. People who are genuinely involved in charities but keep a low profile are well known among those at these charities and speak about all their good work. You would have had reports long ago from unnamed sources expressing their gratitude for all her hard work. I have seen nothing. If it exists, by all means let's post it.

As for Grace just look at her hair styles, and plastic s. work she has had done. It's extensive for such a young girl. Also if she really didn't want the comparison with all the interviews she's given, she could have said something to the effect that while she is flattered, that she has long admired her, but alas is not and thus charts her own course. Not once have I seen her do this. Again, if it's out there, let's post it. In the meantime, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think people are blowing the whole "training" out of proportion. Being HSH Princess Charlene of Monaco from one day to the next will not be an easy thing for her. Grace stated several times that in the beginning she was lost and wished she had more training as do a lot of royals, even those born royals! Would you expect a new prime minister of a country to not receive any formal training? Do you think Obama & his wife didn't receive training before moving into the white house? Well they did and being a head of state is a job and a lifestyle which one needs to be taught how to act, speak, what to do, and how to do it. Even Victoria & Daniel stated in interviews before the wedding that Daniel received A LOT of training to learn his new position. There was even an article about how his parents received training for the wedding! I think people don't realize that being royal involves more than just being yourself and it can be tough for someone who marries in, like Charlene will, and they want to make the transition as easy as possible for her, and not make her feel like she's just being thrown under the bus!

As for the Grace Kelly comparisons, she should not allow it. Grace was an icon and no one will ever compare to an icon. Charlene should have cut her own path and made it known that she is her own person. In the image department, she has allowed herself the comparison, and in that regard she will always come up short. JMO

And just how is she supposed to accomplish this feat? Issuing an edict from the palace will not stop the press and certainly not the members of this forum from making such comparisons.

This would happen with any woman Albert married. He has been aware of this for years and I am sure he warned Charlene that it would happen as well. Its just one of those irritants they have to live with. Its dumb but the press just like a good hook to sell a story and others just like to vent their venom whenever possible. Thats life.

And just how is she supposed to accomplish this feat? Issuing an edict from the palace will not stop the press and certainly not the members of this forum from making such comparisons.

This would happen with any woman Albert married. He has been aware of this for years and I am sure he warned Charlene that it would happen as well. Its just one of those irritants they have to live with. Its dumb but the press just like a good hook to sell a story and others just like to vent their venom whenever possible. Thats life.

LOL very simply. She has given quite a few interviews over the last four years, not to mention "sources". All she had to do was let it be known either directly or indirectly that while she is flattered etc etc, she is her own person. Very easily done.
Albert could come out now that they are engaged and say so as well. He has over the years made mention that there will be a comparison. Closer to the truth, as aside from blaming the press, is that Grace still sells magazines. In fact thus far this summer, she has graced the covers of at least two and been named an icon of beauty. The Grimadi's are known for their ability to use the press. I'm sure Charlene does not mind the comparison either, on one hand it's flattering, on the other, she will always come up on the short end of the stick so too speak. JMO

I can't see the problem either. After all, Grace would be Charlene's deceased mother-in-law. The fact that she is/was an actress and an iconic figure is a separate issue.

Oh come on. Do you, Charlene bashers, have to take over every thread in this forum with your endless discussions?

Oh come on. Do you, Charlene bashers, have to take over every thread in this forum with your endless discussions?

I'm not a Charlene basher but I also don't drink cool aid either. Now let's get back on topic shall we.

I don't think there's a lot of "Charlene-bashing" going on here.

There is a big difference in querying data or actions of a public figure (which Charlene is now) and the so-called "bashing".

There actually is still some Charlene Bashing going on. No one is asking anyone to drink the cool aid, we just ask that everyone have a civil and respectful discussion.

If anyone feels that is not the case, please contact any of the Monaco mods and/or TRF administrators.

Now let's get back on topic.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Not a lot of royals attended Grace and Rainiers wedding which one's will attend this one. I know Alberts been to several royal weddings in the last couple of years.

That is an interesting question Princess Carmen?

What was the relationship of the royals with Prince Rainier prior to his wedding to Grace?

I think we can definitely count on Victoria and Daniel, Edward and Sophie will continue their Grand Wedding Tour, I would even imagine we would see a few Queens (Sonja and Silivia, not Margethe and certainly not Elizabeth) as they did come to pay their respects to Rainier.

I can imagine the Crown Princes attending with spouses. Albert seems to get invites to the big birthdays and events doesn't he?

That is an interesting question Princess Carmen?

What was the relationship of the royals with Prince Rainier prior to his wedding to Grace?

I think we can definitely count on Victoria and Daniel, Edward and Sophie will continue their Grand Wedding Tour, I would even imagine we would see a few Queens (Sonja and Silivia, not Margethe and certainly not Elizabeth) as they did come to pay their respects to Rainier.

It looks as though the younger royals have been included lately to many royal functions. I think Rainer and Grace were close to the king and queen of Spain, so I will guess that they will very much attend. I think Queen Elizabeth tries to match the age group as to which royal she sends, but since Edward and Sophie have been at several events with Albert and Charlene, I think they will most likely be there. I'm not sure how close Albert is with the other royals.

As to the wedding party I would like to see Charlotte and Pauline as bridesmaids with Camille and Alexandra as flower girls. But i suppose that all depends on whether Stephanie allows her children to attend

The King of Spain is PA's godfather. I think he was also good friends with Prince Rainier.

Monaco's royal family seems to be invited to all of the royal weddings, funerals, etc and vice versa. Queen Elizabeth usually doesn't go to any of these things but there were several kings and queens at Rainier's funeral.

#143 - CRM231
thanks for mentioning bridesmaids and flower girls - they hadn't even crossed my mind - but it's a lovely idea.

Could Charlotte be a bit too grown up to be a bridesmaid alongside Pauline?

Camille and Alexandra as flower girls are feasible....

Who will be PA's Supporter/Best Man ??

Last edited:
#143 - CRM231
thanks for mentioning bridesmaids and flower girls - they hadn't even crossed my mind - but it's a lovely idea.

Could Charlotte be a bit too grown up to be a bridesmaid alongside Pauline?

Camille and Alexandra as flower girls are feasible....

Who will be PA's Supporter/Best Man ??
I wonder if Charlene will have bridesmaids as Grace did? It is not really a tradition in Europe; however it would be a beautiful touch.Could Charlotte be the Maid of Honour as Grace 's sister Peggy was?Now that I think of it that is who Charlene always has reminded me of Peggy, Grace's older sister who was athletic.

Charlotte would be the perfect age to be one of Charlene Wittstock's bridemaids, as Charlene is 32 and Charlotte will be 24. And traditionally bridesmaids are close in age to the bride, a mix of close friends & relatives. However, Pauline, at 16 yrs. of age, could be considered a *junior bridesmaid*, which is reserved for a girl who is too young to be marriageable, but who is included as an honorary bridesmaid, as traditional bridesmaids are unwed young women of marriageable age, and a close friend or sister of the bride. :)

That said, I was thinking Pauline could also act as the ringbearer, as she is too young to be a traditional bridesmaid and too old to be a flower girl. Therefore, why not the glamorous teenage ringbearer?

And of course the adorable cousins, Camille & Alexandra (who will respectively turn 12 & 11 later this month), would be breathtaking as flower girls ~ just darling.

The ones I wonder about are Prince Albert's groomsmen. Whom shall he pick? At first I thought he might pick his nephews, but they are much younger than 52 yr. old Albert (Andrea 26, Pierre will be 23, and Louis will be 18), yet they are all unwed young men of marriageable age, the counterparts of the bridesmaids, lol. It will be fun to guess. :) And lets not forget Charlene's two younger brothers (31 yr. old Gareth & 27 yr. old Sean), as they also most likely will be considered a part of the bridal party. Lol, there might be more groomsmen than bridemaids. :D

Before I forget, the following are some beautiful links that take a look back at Princess Grace's spectacular wedding to Prince Rainier. She had 7 bridemaids, 4 flower girls, and 2 pageboys. :)

1956 Grace Kelly Wedding Dress - Royal Bride Princess 1950s Weddings

grace kelly wedding party on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Flickr Photo Download: grace kelly wedding party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_ceremony_participants
And here's a link which discusses wedding ceremony participants in detail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_ceremony_participants

Thank you Nadine withpost no 148 that is certainly an extraordinary knowledge you have of the Grimaldi clan and the possibilities for the wedding day.Whatever or whoever is chosen it certainly will be a very beautiful assembly of people.

A great post from "newbie" Nadine! Keep it up...

PA himself will indeed be a bit of a problem, aged 52....

Its hard to determine which way they will go with the attendants.

In the US (and this is evidenced by Grace's wedding) bridesmaids are usually friends of the bride and/or relatives of the bride/groom. They are usually the same age group as the bride. Same with the Groom.

What I have determined since joining the Forum is that bridesmaids are usually little kids and/or young adults. Usually reserved for family members or they have an association (i.e. god children) with the couple.

It will be interesting to see which path they take. Does Albert have any close male friends? Perhaps he can pick one of his male cousins on either his mother or father's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom