The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but, again, CW looks like a static, almost lifeless doll. What's happened to her curves and other attributes?

Old 01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Yes, but, again, CW looks like a static, almost lifeless doll. What's happened to her curves and other attributes?
Are you talking about that picture in BUNTE? I think they photoshopped Charlene's head on the curveless body of a model. The dress actually is from the Armani collection. Charlene will certainly have a something new designed especially for her, so we can be sure that her dress will not look like something Armani has already shown, imo.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

That isn't Charlene's body in the Bunte photo.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm well aware that it isn't Charlene's body. I just feel it's a cheek to superimpose her face onto a doll-like, curveless bottom half. It looks gross.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I'm well aware that it isn't Charlene's body. I just feel it's a cheek to superimpose her face onto a doll-like, curveless bottom half. It looks gross.
I agree completely.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:47 AM
Gentry

Armani to make Wittstock wedding dress

According to People.com at his lastest fashion show, Georgio Armani announced he would be making Charlene Wittstock's wedding dress for her wedding to Prince Albert of Monaco by saying "Yes, I want to declare, I will make the wedding dress". See the article below.

Charlene Wittstock to Wed Monaco's Prince Albert in Armani Dress : People.com
Old 01-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Royal Highness

I still say that Armani will not disappoint and will design something that is modern, minimal and appropriate for the special day. I will wager that CW will look exceptional on her special day. I just hope CW has a dresser there that day to assist her to get in the gown properly without interfering with the design.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure it will be stunning and she will look exquisite. Lucky girl, lucky designer.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Jaya, I agree with you - he's got what it takes - and he wouldn't dare to disappoint :-))
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Nobility

A report about the two royal weddings on Fr2 * (Prise Directe presented by Béatrice Schönberg)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 01-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Huuuuh, I almost have a little pity with Signore Armani; this is a duty hard to please!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm expecting her dress to be gorgeous!
Probably even more prettier that Kate's.
But the tables might turn and it could be Kate who looks absolutely gorgeous and Charlene may disappoint. Who knows...can't wait to see what Armani designs for her
Old 01-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

ON Nice Matin, in the news of the section Monaco, the palace said that the rights for the TV to watch the weedding are free, Many channels of tv of the europa asked "accréditation' to the Palace for the weedding, in France we will can see the weedding on all the channels.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
ON Nice Matin, in the news of the section Monaco, the palace said that the rights for the TV to watch the weedding are free, Many channels of tv of the europa asked "accréditation' to the Palace for the weedding, in France we will can see the weedding on all the channels.
This is good! That means more of a possibility of an American Channel picking it up! It'll be good if they do so I can watch and comment at the same time, like I and many others did for Victoria's wedding. It's a lot easier to watch on tv then on the computer. :)
Old 01-28-2011, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I'm expecting her dress to be gorgeous!
Probably even more prettier that Kate's.
But the tables might turn and it could be Kate who looks absolutely gorgeous and Charlene may disappoint. Who knows...can't wait to see what Armani designs for her
Well they are both attractive women, and approximately the same age.
I think they'll both look splendid.
But Charlene will be compared with Grace Kelly- and that sets the bar so high that it would be hard for anyone to match!

Kate only has to compete with the memory of Diana, whose wedding dress was only a qualified success (and which quite a lot of people disliked).
Old 01-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Aristocracy

There was a conversation in this thread about the Catholicism. They have to be careful. If they do not marry in Catholic rites, the marriage will NOT be recognized by the State and their children will NOT have rights to the throne at all.

And about CW's dress. She has worn long, white dresses TOO many times and has simply spoiled the surprise, no matter how lovely the wedding dress might be, of seeing her in a long, white pretty gown. She even had a wedding gown turned into the panda dress. It's a shame. There is a plethora of things to choose from and the white-ish dresses seems to be her thing?

She was much more beautiful before all the "transformations" were done. They've done away with any natural beauty she had and replaced it all with something stifling and not really elegant or pretty. It's like watching a exaggerated cardboard cutout.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
There was a conversation in this thread about the Catholicism. They have to be careful. If they do not marry in Catholic rites, the marriage will NOT be recognized by the State and their children will NOT have rights to the throne at all.
May ask where you come by that information? I just had another look at the Constitution a bit ago with the succession laws and the only thing I found dealing with religion at all was one line that said Catholicism was the state religion. Nothing else. If there's laws dealing with the religion of the sovereign and any potential brides or children I'd like to know what it is. And I'm not trying to contradict you, I've just never seen such a law and if there is one I'd like to get chapter and verse on it.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

The mother of Prince louis, the son of prince Albert was protestant,the conjoint of a prince sovereign can be protestant, the only thing who is important for the future heir is that their parents have a catholic weedding and they are married, the prince Albert said in the intervew that the conjoint can be protestant and there is no law for that, but Charlene and he will think in the future. Princess Alexandra of Hannovre is protestant like her father and she is on the line of sucession. all the granchildren of Prince rainier are on the line of succession .Andrea, Charlotte, pierre,Alexandra of Hannovre louis ducret and pauline Ducret are on the line of sucession a part Camille Grimaldi, the daughter of Stephanie, because the parents are not married. Of course Alexandre Coste and Jazmin have no rights on the throne of Grimadi because they are illegitame children. Prince Rainier changed the constitution in 2002 because albert was not yet married and he tought to his sucession, he did not want that Monaco becomes French at his death and illigitimad chidren asked to be sovereign because he knew Albert was a play boy and it could happen.Newspapers say things they
know nothing, until albert has a legitime heir(boy or girl) princess Caroline is the heir, after comes Andrea and Pierre
Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbrides1 View Post
According to People.com at his lastest fashion show, Georgio Armani announced he would be making Charlene Wittstock's wedding dress for her wedding to Prince Albert of Monaco by saying "Yes, I want to declare, I will make the wedding dress". See the article below.

Charlene Wittstock to Wed Monaco's Prince Albert in Armani Dress : People.com
Im not sure why designers cant keep the mouth shut till the actual day or till a day after the wedding.
Im sure Armani would do a lovely dress especially that she pulls his cuts off well & after her beautiful dresses worn at the CP Victoria wedding but also I have seen a few Armani wedding dresses in the past and they were disappointing & plain.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with Bones and Melina - there is no problem about CW hanging on to her own faith (whatever that is), as long as the Sovereign Prince is Roman Catholic.
And with the number of potential heirs at present, there is no worry about running out of heirs.

Closed Thread