The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Royal Highness

I was thinking it might sweet and nice if she did like a tiny nod to Grace, maybe wore her veil or incorporated a piece of jewelry- not to have a comparasion but just as a bit of honor to her MIL and tradition.....just my thoughts .....

Old 01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

perhaps she will wear a tiara who belonged to Princess Grace,I think The prince Albert has yet some tiaras of Princess Grace but I don-t think that she will wear the veil of Princess Grace because it was in an exposition.She will wear a new veil

Old 01-17-2011, 09:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere
perhaps she will wear a tiara who belonged to Princess Grace,I think The prince Albert has yet some tiaras of Princess Grace but I don-t think that she will wear the veil of Princess Grace because it was in an exposition.She will wear a new veil
Oh- thank you!

I didn't mean it specifically so much as an example of something she could do! :)
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
I was thinking it might sweet and nice if she did like a tiny nod to Grace, maybe wore her veil or incorporated a piece of jewelry- not to have a comparasion but just as a bit of honor to her MIL and tradition.....just my thoughts .....
See...this was my point in the Kate Middleton Wedding thread. No one acts like they're going to pass out if the bride honors the groom's late mother in a royal wedding, except the Diana haters. Serena Linley wore a gown which was obviously an homage to Princess Margaret and everyone lived to tell the tale.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

With Armani designing the gown I doubt it will be anything like what Grace wore.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
With Armani designing the gown I doubt it will be anything like what Grace wore.
Grace did wear THE best wedding gown of all time. I have never known anyone to top her gown's prefection on her wedding day. So astounding was the beauty of that dress.Helen Rose had made a number of the wedding gowns of that day but she was not the conventional choice- but one that Grace sought out-
Actually Armani is very different from Helen Rose- but he is designing specifically for Cw in mind and that is haute couture.Sartorially he is a wonder to wear as even with curves his cut is amazing.Grace did like the clean lines and may have actuallly worn ARmani today- who knows? but I actually think now that it was her impeccable grooming and that she was more of a romantic.Grace studied herself.'
Charlene has found the designer.. and he is tops.. in this day and age...
I think Armani will do justice to CW's wedding gown and to Pa's outfit.
I guess Caro will be in Chanel. Cannot wait to see the other guests and what they wear as well.
Did they mention what the wedding cake will be like?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness

I hope the bride wears whatever she feels good in, and since it's not in a church it doesn't really have to be to conservative although it would be nice.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 AM
Royal Highness

It's not shocking to me that Armani is designing her wedding dress. If it's anything like the gowns I've seen on the red carpet at award shows lately it'll be stunning. Of course that's highly unlikely since most of those gowns are strapless and I'm assuming that's a big no-no for a Catholic wedding.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert does not want that his weedding is compared like his parent's weedding, if he wants that Charlene will wear a tiara and she will be agree, she will wear a tiara, Charlene will wear the weedding dress she likes and this dress would must be confortable because it is very hot, and in summer, the brides wear gowns with strapless, my daugter in law had a gown without strap and we had a catholic ceremony, it does not matter but I think she will wear a dress with something very light on the shoulders
Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

I somehow imagine the dress will be mostly form fitting with a bit of a train. I too imagine strapless, but to make her shape more feminine she could choose shorter sleeves. To me there are already too many "nods" to Grace Kelly and they could let that go at anytime and I'd be happy.

Hopefully the shoes she wears will be low enough so she doesn't appear taller than Prince Albert. I would like to see an interesting but soft color, not anything weird like black for a "formal" ceremony. The civil ceremony I would not be surprised though if she did wear a darker color.

As for the cake I am so over the cakes with the heavy, sickening sweet gum eraser taste fondant, and would like to see a cake that looks delicious but is perhaps a little unusual to put more of themselves into it, like chocolate if they like that, etc. Although to feed all those guests they would likely have to have several cakes! Not sure what traditions they follow there, giving each guest a tiny take home slice, or offering a dessert table besides?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Grace did wear THE best wedding gown of all time. I have never known anyone to top her gown's prefection on her wedding day. So astounding was the beauty of that dress.Helen Rose had made a number of the wedding gowns of that day but she was not the conventional choice- but one that Grace sought out-
Actually Armani is very different from Helen Rose- but he is designing specifically for Cw in mind and that is haute couture.Sartorially he is a wonder to wear as even with curves his cut is amazing.Grace did like the clean lines and may have actuallly worn ARmani today- who knows? but I actually think now that it was her impeccable grooming and that she was more of a romantic.Grace studied herself.'
Charlene has found the designer.. and he is tops.. in this day and age...
I think Armani will do justice to CW's wedding gown and to Pa's outfit.
I guess Caro will be in Chanel. Cannot wait to see the other guests and what they wear as well.
Did they mention what the wedding cake will be like?
I have to disagree with you on Armani because; I don't feel his designs flatter Charlene as I posted before strapless, form fitting, to tight or small etc. and that causes the critics (nasty comments) to start on her shoulders and being masculine. She needs a designer who will properly fit her and not play up her masculine figure, which she does have whether anyone who likes her wants to admit it or not. Please don't anyone say I hate her either, I do not, and I’m stating an obvious fact. If you look at photos of Kate Middleton and Princess Victoria they have the same body type as Charlene from the bust down however, it isn’t noticeable in most outfits. Look at this dress for example it shows what I am saying below the bodice it gives her a waistline and the appearance of hips. If you notice the poses in the photo shoots have not been of her standing with her feet together or in a lady like pose. Odd in my opinion and could be due to her figure. She is an attractive woman and IMO she gets poor fashion advice and poses for photo shoots.

My hope would be she wears a dress with her shoulders covered even if it’s a shear fabric and a skirt like above with a waistline and flows in the skirt. A hat would be nice in place of a veil and it will give her some protection from the sun not only for her face but eyes. Something like this might look nice on her. For jewelry I would recommend something simple not gaudy and pass on the tiara. But what I see is a strapless gown form fitting in white. Being outside I expect to see a lot of large hats and sleeveless dresses, possibility sundresses. I feel sorry for the men in suits. July and August are the hottest months. July is generally 78 to 86 degrees or 25.5 to 30 Celsius.

As for cake it would be nice not to see a gaudy one like so many Royals have had. Princess Victoria and Prince Charles and Diana's cakes weren't IMO over the top like many. The tiered wedding cake dates back to Anglo-Saxon times. Guests would bring cakes and stack them on top of each other. Then a French baker made a small cake covered it with frosting and the tiered cake began. Vanilla is best for weddings because, there are many people who don't care for chocolate or are allergic to it and something every couple should consider when planning their wedding, offering at least two entrees. Not everyone likes beef or fish for example. Then today we have so many who are vegetarians or vegans.

The tradition of giving away the bride goes back to the days of arranged marriages and when daughters were considered the fathers property. It was the fathers right to give his daughter to the groom for a price. Today its a symbol of his blessing of the marriage.

Thinking about Princess Victoria who followed tradition with the tiara and myrtle in her hair and Kate Middleton picking up some as well it might be nice of Charlene do something Grace did for her wedding and start a tradition that her children will follow. Up until Grace the marriages were arranged and dowry was paid including Grace.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I hope the bride wears whatever she feels good in, and since it's not in a church it doesn't really have to be to conservative although it would be nice.
Since the religious ceremony is outside, I'd like to see CW in a stunning suit with hat. I know that's not going to happen due to the hour of the wedding, but I have been to several morning church weddings where the bride wore a wedding suit and hat with a small (chin length) veil at the front. All the "suit" brides looked smashing!!! I'm sure she'll have a gorgeous outfit, probably a suit, for the civil ceremony.

I know that Charlene will look spectacular on her day(s), no matter what she wears.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she will wear perhaps a small hat for the civil ceremony but she will wear a tiara with a veil like Princess Mary, princess Letizia or tiatana of Greece, why does she not wear a veil? She is not divorced like princess Camilla, it is perhaps outdoor but at 5 pm, it is less sunny.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
She did! Grace was so clever to choose, not a conventional wedding dress designer, but one who would make something to suit her!

(I saw the dress and attendants' clothing at the Philadelphia Art Museum on display- it was truly exquisite! It told how Helen Rose designed everything especially for the cathedral setting, using yellow, etc.)

It's no wonder so many call that the most beautiful royal wedding dress ever!
Old 01-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Armani has a starring role in the other high-profile royal wedding of the year
Giorgio Armani chosen to design the wedding dress of Prince Albert of Monaco's fiancée Charlene Wittstock
Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm not surprised...she seems to love Armani. I cant wait to see the dress!
Old 01-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

What a coup for Giorgio, Roberta and the clan !

Looking at the picture link above at #837, Signor Armani doesn't just deliver clean lines, but also some quirky, skittish, witty accessories, like the big bow on CW's trouser suit ! Not sure whether he can combine the "regal" look with that quirkyness ... or can he?
Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

I doubt, no I know that CW will not wear a suit to her wedding! She might be unconventional, but she's not low class, I'm not saying it's low class to wear one for a commoner, but for a princess it is. She will most likely wear a suit with a hat for the civil ceremony though.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

BUNTE has decided to "help" Armani with the design for The Dress, but I think that, with this dress, they have shot themselves in the foot !

Charlene Wittstock: So schön könnte sie als Braut aussehen! - BUNTE
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

With a more modest bodice or a bolero, it would be fine. I do like the crystal all-over swirls. Sparkle with sophistication.

Closed Thread