Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the first one but then again I think CW has her work cut out there to find the gown of her dreams.I think Oscar de La Renta is one of the greatest in the world designers that is.

I hope so to and maybe we can see Charlene in this one on her big day, and the necklace, it would look amazing on her!
You are not supposed to wear earrings on your wedding day. No jewellery except your rings.
But I think Charlene will be given a tiara to wear. That was the protocol in my day- no jewellery- That is why I love Indian weddings they wear all the jewllery they can find.

You are not supposed to wear earrings on your wedding day. No jewellery except your rings.
But I think Charlene will be given a tiara to wear. That was the protocol in my day- no jewellery- That is why I love Indian weddings they wear all the jewllery they can find.

I'm 100 % certain she'll wear a tiara since I've never heard of that tradition before. Most royal brides don't wear necklaces but I'm sure she'll wear earrings and a tiara and rings and possibly a bracelet.

I have never heard that before. Do you have anything that presents a history of that?

I've never heard this. From what I've seen, most brides wear special jewelery for the day. There are even special bridal jewelery suites that can be bought. I wore my mothers pearls.

I feel a little sorry for Charlene having to live up to Princess Grace's wedding dress.
I think she will go with something very simple and probably as far removed in style from Princess Grace's wedding dress so as to avoid the inevitable comparisons.

I second that ! She is her own person and has her own ideas and aspirations.

I also have never heard this.
From what I can recall, all the royal brides have worn earings, and all the weddings i've attended the bride has worn earings. Usually a present from the bridegrooms parents.

Agree! This was the use before, the bride is supposed to glow by her beauty and hapiness not through her jewellery! Of course royal brides wear or not tiaras according the the protocol of each Royal House.
I think the only jewellery a bride was supposed to wear it was pearls, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if Pcs Grace wore a tiara. If monegasque protocol does not prevail it, Charlene wont' wear it.

But all these uses now are not respected. Another use it was that women near the bride should not wear neither white not bright and strong colors! Now you can see some wearing even black!!

If none of the other Monegasque woman wore a tiara on their wedding day, I don't see why Charlene would wear one.

Future jewelry for the incoming Princess of Monaco

I know the Grimaldis are not that big on jewels and Tiaras as other royalty. I wonder if Albert will buy CW new jewels. I think Caro has inherited the most of the family jewels and she often share with Steph.

First time I've heard about the earrings thing.

Apart from that I'm pretty sure that the designer is going to be Armani, I would be surprised if she chose someone else. I feel sorry for her because Grace dress is iconic and it's nearly impossible to upstage that. I hope she chooses a very different style and that she stays away from strapless gowns.

Although I like Charlene, I do agree that she overdoes the strapless gowns.
They are not always appropriate, even if the weather is hot enough.
What worries me is that, one day, the garment will fall down....

No matter what she choses to wear some people on this board will find a reason to criticize it, so she may as well just wear what she likes and feels good in. Its her day afterall.

In the Cathedral of Monaco, to be precise.

She will HAVE to dress up for this particular gig....

We can't have a situation where the Archbishop and his clergy are better dressed than the bride.... ;-)

Agree! This was the use before, the bride is supposed to glow by her beauty and hapiness not through her jewellery! Of course royal brides wear or not tiaras according the the protocol of each Royal House.
I think the only jewellery a bride was supposed to wear it was pearls, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure if Pcs Grace wore a tiara. If monegasque protocol does not prevail it, Charlene wont' wear it.

But all these uses now are not respected. Another use it was that women near the bride should not wear neither white not bright and strong colors! Now you can see some wearing even black!!
I agree fandesacs - things were stricter in my day- and the rules greater.Grace did not wear a tiara and she put on pearl earrings for the photos - she did not have them on at the church wedding.The wedding attire of a bride was to be complete in and of itself.I also remember the rule about the not wearing white or bright colours around the bride as a mark of respect that it is her day and respecting her so as not to upstage her.
And as for black at a wedding that was uneard of in my day but nowadays everybody does what they please.And it is different from culture to culture.

No matter what she choses to wear some people on this board will find a reason to criticize it, so she may as well just wear what she likes and feels good in. Its her day afterall.
Actually it is not CW's day alone but the day she shares with those she will reign over.It is a rite of pasage day.So I think that CW cannot do exactly as Cw pleases as that is something for the bride of suburbia.

I have never heard that before. Do you have anything that presents a history of that?
I will try to find it .. in a book and give you the link or sonething to it- I have to find it however. -Fandesacs agrees with me so it did prevail at one time - possibly not now-

Actually it is not CW's day alone but the day she shares with those she will reign over.It is a rite of pasage day.So I think that CW cannot do exactly as Cw pleases as that is something for the bride of suburbia.

Which kind of proves my point, no matter what she wears some will love it and some will find fault with it (see comments on Victoria of Sweden for recent proof). It really is a no win situation for a royal bride, so as long as she is pleased with the designer and the gown that is what is most important.

Please note that the name of this thread has been changed to the Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of issues that relate to the wedding: the dress for Charlene, the jewlery, music, attendants, etc.

A separate Pre wedding thread will be opened when a date is set and the Monaco Royal House starts releasing official news regarding the wedding.

We won't, however, be discussing the presence of Jazmin and Alexandre at the wedding or Albert's relationship with his children.

You may not use this thread to BASH Albert and/or Charlene or to discuss their relationships. Any posts that do that will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk & Iceflower
Monaco Moderators

Last edited:
I second that ! She is her own person and has her own ideas and aspirations.

I third that!:ROFLMAO: Her Serene Highness Princess Grace's gown was beautiful but Charlene's gown will be just as beautiful (we hope). I hope that no one expects her to compete with Princess Grace. That's not fair:sad:

#111 Jaya

Sorry to be pernickety, but Charlene (or any other) will not actually be reigning over anyone. That's the job of the Sovereign Prince, not his wife.

Compare this situation with the British monarchy: The Queen reigns, but not her husband.

You could say Charlene will be reigning over the Sovereign Prince, she will be his wife after all ;)

Great !! that's how it should be - as long as she doesn't reign over anyone else....

What do the men on this forum think of that ??

My personal opinion, i think this enagement/marriage is contrived. The engagment photo is either years old, or photo shopped, he certainly doesn't look look that way today. She, has been in "training" for the "job" since she moved there 4 years ago. Again, my opinon, i think she new that she was going to marry him then, but it was never leaked to the press. What happend to true love, why did she need to be "trained" Grace Kelly didn't, Princess Diana didn't. Charlene even changed to way she looked, nose job, breast job, wardrobe change, make up and hair. So contrived.

In the engagement picture, they look exactly the same as they did at the royal wedding just weeks ago.
The training sitaution is a rumour, however if Charlene knew Albert was going to marry her, then she would have been put through some kind of training to prepare her for her future life.
All princess' go through it, even Diana went through training between her engagement and wedding. Courtiers taught her how to wave, how to courtsey, how to talk to foreign dignatries, how to sign her name etc.
When you go from being an ordinary commoner to the wife of a Prince, you tend to change your appearance. If she has had all those things a nose and breat job then that's her perogative.

I'm also hoping on some official photo's of the whole Grimaldi clan.

Oh yes, lest i forget, teeth fixed. Gee wizz, what happend to loving yourself. She certainly does not look the way she did when she first arrived on the scene. The Chicago Sun Times ran an article recently stating that someone that lives in Monaco said that she is totally obsessed with Gracy Kelly, hence the old fashioned hairdo's maybe even nose job, and his also a media hound. I do believe that on some level Prince Albert enjoy's her young spirit, and she certainly could give him a child but 20 years difference between the 2 seems a ridiculous to me, when even a couple of years between a man and a woman could be hard enough. I would hate to see years from now him cheating on her with someone his own age or vice versa.

None of the present day Princess' look like they did when they first met their respective Princes'. People change it's life.
You would expect her to live in Monaco, as for the Grace Kelly stuff that's just drumming up gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom