Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have an interest in these weddings (all of them WillKat, Prince A &CW, even Zara's too if they show it all on tv?) for a few reasons. I don't really care for Charlene, or Kate yet I do have a strong interest in history, fashion, etc. and because despite whether we like or dislike the players these weddings will be "historic". They will also be full of fashion, ceremony, possibly even humor. So I will watch any coverage of the actual weddings I can.

MoonMaiden23
: I totally agree there is more mystery with the Monaco wedding itself even, I have never seen one before, other than photos, and brief clips of Rainier and Grace of course. :flowers:

Is it wrong of me that I sort of expect CW will do something that will have people talking such as wearing a surprising dress, having an unstoppable fit of the giggles, etc. and I would be delighted in that? I want to be entertained, and I can't help think that the Monaco wedding will in that way may be more edgy, etc. :)

I think too Charlene is very uninteresting as a bride & future princess.

I find Charlene and her wedding to be interesting. I think she will be the prettiest bride of the decade unless she makes a bad choice of gown, which I doubt will happen. After the wedding, I believe she will fall into position and be more interesting than anyone ever anticipated.

Well I love weddings, and I love ROYAL WEDDINGS BEST OF ALL!!

There is something about them that mere celebrity or Hollywood weddings lack..a sense of history, tradition, pomp and ceremony, religion.

And this year I am going to get TWO of them!!:ROFLMAO:

My only worry is how I am going to see the Monaco wedding live. I really want to! I am sure here in America the British one will be live on all the major networks, but no so sure about Monaco.:sad:

I don't anticipate a live broadcast in the US. Drat!

We will have to do like we did for Sweden...watching on the internet. Which was a shame, cause I don't speak Swedish. So I pretty much just looked at the pictures.

What we need is a Royal Channel :)

^That's true. For the wedding in Sweden i had to watch the vids in youtube. But i looked more pics than vids. I guess it will happen the same with this wedding. I suppose only France will get the chance to see it on tv.

We will have to do like we did for Sweden...watching on the internet. Which was a shame, cause I don't speak Swedish. So I pretty much just looked at the pictures.

What we need is a Royal Channel :)

Zonk, a Royal Channel would be so awesome.

But it wouldn't get ratings here in the good ol' US of A....the ratings go to
stuff like Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. :bang::sad:

With all the coverage the Palace announced on the Monaco wedding I was thinking it would at least get a delayed, perhaps shortened special coverage in the US?

Other than that I know a French channel that covered the ceremony of PA taking over for his father. In French, but at least it was shown live. :ermm:

Hey, a royal channel would be great showing the history and the modern royals, plus all the ceremonies. Royalty has so much wild, violent history I think it could give some shows a run for their money! "The Tudors" series is quite successful I think?

Last edited:
According to several articles in the Norwegian press the Norwegian Crown Prince Couple is invited to the wedding and they've accepted. They say it's confirmed by the communication manager Marianne Hagen.
Article
Google Translation

I find Charlene and her wedding to be interesting. I think she will be the prettiest bride of the decade unless she makes a bad choice of gown, which I doubt will happen. After the wedding, I believe she will fall into position and be more interesting than anyone ever anticipated.

I find the wedding interesting; Charlene, not so much.

But I think she'll more or less fade into obscurity after the wedding and her main responsibilities will be to attend various events and produce an heir.
Except for an occasional picture in the tabloids, there won't be huge press coverage.

Let us hope though that just like with the Swedish Royal Wedding, Monaco will release an official DVD of the event :)

I believe that's the intent. The event wil be videoed in 3D.

WAIT!

Was there a DVD on the Swedish wedding? Is it format for US users? How did I miss that bit of information.

That would be a nice touch if this was available for Monaco.

WAIT!

Was there a DVD on the Swedish wedding? Is it format for US users? How did I miss that bit of information.

That would be a nice touch if this was available for Monaco.

Here you go dear. http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/search?q=sweden+dvd

I am hoping that the notorious Grimaldi business acumen would dictate that they do this as well. Hopefully formatted for the US market and with language choices too:)

And since they're at it, why not throw some special features on all the members of the princely family, especially Grace? ;)

As to following live broadcasts of the Monaco wedding, one thing's for certain:

everyone everywhere will be able to see the wedding in "MONACO INFO en ligne".

To day, there is the new officiel site of the wedding of Albert and Charlene:
wwwmariageprinciermonaco2011.mc. It si also in english, we see for the first time the new monogram of Albert and Charlene and in the case Faq, we know what the uniform the prince albert will wear, the festivities, it is also for the media. In Nice Matin Jerome Revon says that all the tv could came, there will not be paid rights. But as Renata said it you will can see the wedding on Monaco info

From the Funeral thread.
And someone better tell the Charlene thread that she didn't take communion so it looks like she's Protestant again (sigh), of course neither did Caroline which surprised me.
I posted a link before by a priest that said Charlene did not need to convert. I can't get the link to open but if you read the Q&A of the web site for the marriage you will find mention of it here as well, only the children need to be raised Catholic. If Charlene is converting before the wedding it will be on or close to April 23 Easter Vigil the date everyone around the world who is converting will be excepted into the Church.

Regarding Caroline it was announced several years ago that she would no longer be taking communion in public.

Easter time is the best moment when a person wants to converting catholic religion but everybody can converting at any moment of the year, there is no rule for Charlene, I think it would be better she converts before the wedding because on the site of the wedding, it is said that the religious ceremony led by Mg Barsi will be a mass of the catholic roman rite, in this mass, there is also usually the communion, if Charlene is not catholic at this time, she could not take the communion and we will see Albert taking the communion and on the knees and Charlene not taking the communion and standing up during the time of communion. It will not be fine. I saw the ceremony on monaco info,she made signs which may thinking that she is on the way of converting. It takes time ,for the children there are 3 years of learning before the first communion, we learn the priests, the rite during a mass and so, our catholics mass for wedding and buring are very beautiful but they are complicat for person which is not catholic; at the national fest she only salute the altar, now she knies and signs herself very well but I am not sure she will converting before the wedding

Why on God's earth would Charlene SUDDENLY be interesting and filled with character? I think five years is enough time to at least START to show who you really are, and I think she has ... really shown who she really is. Empty and deadly boring. :lol:

During those five years, she wasn't , necessarily, going to be his wife. This evolved. Plus, she doesn't have to show you anything. What makes any of them interesting. Stephanie is really interesting and that is not a compliment. You, really, know nothing, on a personal level about her.. Only what you decide to interpret your way.

My connections would probably be interesting to you, Countess.

Angeline, I try to find the interesting in all people.

My connections would probably be interesting to you, Countess.

Angeline, I try to find the interesting in all people.
Connections...?
And those are...?

Charlene must be interesting to some people, if not, we weren't posting here, i guess.
Some for the good, some for the bad, but she seems to have brought attention during the past five years, constantly put by the paparazzi as the possible princess of Monaco and now with the engagement, the future princess of Monaco.

I concur with Kitty - every human being is interesting when one is willing and able to find at least some interesting features in him or her.

Therefore, although I don't find CW riveting, I can see that she has sufficient interesting points and traits to help her become a princess in time.

Charlene seems pretty much a cipher to me.
To be fair, they may be because she is cautious, trying not to put a foot wrong until she is safely married.

Lol, I'm just literally counting down the days until the wedding!!!!! :D

And I'm getting more & more excited the nearer it approaches.

I've seen the sketches of what the courtyard will look like, as well as the reception at the Oceanic Museum, which I think is apropos, as Charlene has always reminded me of a Siren from the Sea that has captured the heart and mind of the Prince from the Castle:

YouTube - Mermaids - Sirenas

Personally I think the reason I'm looking forward to this one more than any other is because I've *never* before seen a wedding from Monaco, just as I had never before seen one from Sweden until last summer's magnificent wedding of Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden to Daniel Westling. That one had me in tears, which I didn't expect, because of the genuine emotion, love, and affection between Victoria and her Prince, most notable the night before, during the wedding itself, and especially afterwards wherein he made a toast to her in front of all. :)

And just like that one, I have no preconceived notions of what this one may be like. I'm just looking forward to it with much excitement and anticipation, especially seeing Princess Caroline's beautiful children, as well as (hopefully) Princess Stephanie's. And everybody else, but most especially the bride!!!!! :)

Ah, I can't wait...

p.s. and I'm hoping beyond hope that Prince Amadeo from Belgium shows up in some way or how, lol. ;)

Nadine, your post has helped me to find at least some anticipated pleasure in the Monaco match.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom