The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
I think open air weddings are nice as I wrote above. I can see security and weather problems rearing their heads though.

If the civil ceremony must take place in the throne room (if I am under-standing you correctly) then why would the religious ceremony not have to be held in the church? If it can be managed I like the courtyard. It just does not seem able to hold 4000 guests, as well as press, etc. Unless that number has been exaggerated in the press?

It really has nothing to do with being American, I just think some people have an expectation that royal/princely family members will marry in some old cathedral, etc. I'm sure that comes from fairy tales, and more recent televised royal weddings in England, for example, that we are all familiar with.

I'm imagining that the civil ceremony will be kept private (only photos not television camera's) as with PA's parents then too.

(Private note I read of your husband's passing last year as you said. My sympathies to you. How long were you married?)
As far as i understand it there will be place for 4000 people in the Court and also on the place befiore the Palace where they will put on benches and chairs and big TV-Screens. I think that on the place before the Palace it's for the People of Monaco to ´follow but not sure.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

IN Monaco and on all the coast of france, the weather is always fine in summmer but when it is too hot, there is sometimes big orages with heavy rain but it doesn't last longtime and in june,july, it is not usual.For the cathedral Saint Nicolas there are 800 places,and people must go on the aisles,I know this church, thinck me, it is not the westminster Cathedral, it is not old, it is very beautiful but it is only 100 years old. I ,was for a ceremony inside this big church because I know it,my mother is thinking like me because she is old and a weedding must take place in a church. I do not know if there is the memorial of Princess Grace in the yeard of honor, there is a statue in a place of Monaco and her grave is beside the grave of Prince Rainier and the other sovereigns of monaco in the Cathedral.If you go to Monaco, you can visite their graves.The captain of the carabieneries said in Point De vue that Prince Albert will wear perhaps the uniform he uses to wear for the national Fest in honor of the small army. The civil weedding of Prince Rainier and Grace was boardcasted.The civil ceremony of Pa and Cw will be perhaps boardcasted.Prince Albert want to have the same weedding like those who are in the south of France.here the weeddings last three days, it begins at Friday with all the friends and family around a lunch, saturday afternoon we have the civil and religious ceremony with big dinner dance on the evening and sunday there is also dinner at midday, and we dance the afternoon with all the family and the friends. My husband is dead last year of a lungs krebs we had a happy weedding during 42 years, I married at 18 years old.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hissy View Post
If the civil ceremony must take place in the throne room (if I am under-standing you correctly) then why would the religious ceremony not have to be held in the church? If it can be managed I like the courtyard. It just does not seem able to hold 4000 guests, as well as press, etc. Unless that number has been exaggerated in the press?

I don´t know where you read it but there´s no way you can host 4000 people in the courtyard, unless they are all crowded together.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

the official information of the palace said that the religious ceremony will take place in the courtyard and it said that the doors will be stay opened during the ceremony for the 4000persons who will be there to attend the ceremony.It is not said that the all the persons will be in the courtyard of course, it is not enough big.Mme Stalh said to Point de Vue, that the family, the high personalities of Monaco and the heads of the states and closes friends will be in the courtyard, the rest of the persons will be on the place of the palace with big screms to see the ceremony and the doors will be open and so these persons will be able to hear the speechs and the musics.
For the civil ceremony, it is only said that it will take place in the room of the throne and we know only the name of the person who will make the ceremony. I think we must wait the further informations before saying what will happen. it is too early. I use to say wait and see, after we will be able to say something who will be bad or good.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Serene Highness

I´m really now agog how the wedding will be!
I saw now many British weddings, so there will be nothing new I guess at Kates and Williams.
And Alberts is the first one in many years. This is special enough.
A pity that we have to wait so long. An engagement time of 1 year (?) is very long.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Serene Highness

Since Monaco is a Principality, and not a Kingdom, what official representatives will be invited to attend their wedding - I don't expect President Obama will need to be invited, and I cannot believe that Queen Elizabeth will attend their wedding - I believe that the Principality doesn't "rank" on the same level as a Kingdom, and therefore, higher-level leaders probably won't attend - anyone's thoughts?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Serene Highness

As for the US, Mrs Obama, Mrs Clinton and/or the American ambassador to France would go. The same group of royals that went to Prince Rainier's funeral would probably also go. I think it would be very nice if Mrs Obama or Mrs Clinton went. Prince Albert is half American after all.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Administrator

I don't think you will see either Mrs. Obama or Secretary Clinton. I think its going to be the Ambassador to France. Though US interests might be respresented by the Kelly family

Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sure the Kelly will be there. It's expected Albert would invite his mother's family. I think he already introduced Charlene to the Kelly family.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think many kings or queens will come to the weedding because it is a principaly but we can be surprised, Albert attented to so many weeddings(Princes of Spain, Denmark, princess Victoria, I do not remember for the weedding of prince Phlip of Belgium;I think President of France will come the president of Italia also there will be the same royals who were for the enthronement,Members of the french aristocracy, family of Charlene Wittstoch who seems to be very big, friends of Charlene and frriends of Prince Albert .
Old 01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Melina is right - a principality cannot be compared with a kingdom. However, PA is probably counting on what he calls "the Olympic Family". This has been mentioned a few times so far. Let's hope that it really materialises.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

King Farouk Of Egypt was the only Royal guest at Rainiers wedding. Not many.
I hope this time there will be more. And Albert is at every wedding, so hopefully they send at least the CPs.
Of course minor Royals like the Duke of Castro comes.
Maybe the Braganzas, the Savoyens and Greeks.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

I bet Victoria and Daniel will probably be there ....
Old 01-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

For the USA we could also have John Lehman, former Secretary of the Navy under Pres. Reagan represent us. He is Princess Grace's cousin.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Administrator

That sounds perfect! We have a candidate. Though he may already be on the invite list under "family."

Oh well, we shall see in a couple of months when the attendee list is released.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

I'm expecting mostly catholic royals and Victoria and Daniel. Probably the Duke & Duchess of Braganca, Castro and possibly Parma. Definitely Alois & Sophie of Lichtenstein. Possibly the Crown Princes of Netherlands, Spain, Belgium. And someone from Luxembourg.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think there will be the same groups of royals at the time of the enthronement who will be there for the weedding. I know Prince Charles and Camilla of Bourbon Sicile said in the magazine Gala in a report about their family that they have not received an invitation about the weedding of Prince William of England but they will attend to the Weedding of Prince Albert of Monaco who is their best friend in July. There will be also the aristocraty families of France and Italy Stephan Bern who is also advisor in the team of the weedding says that the cards of invitations are send but he did not say to whom
Old 01-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
For the USA we could also have John Lehman, former Secretary of the Navy under Pres. Reagan represent us. He is Princess Grace's cousin.
I would say its very likely he was at Rainiers funeral and spoke with one of the Kelly's later than evening.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. He has often acted as a sort of "unofficial ambassador" between Europe and the States. He is Chairman of the Princess Grace Foundation - USA.

John Lehman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Aristocracy

Nice to hear you had a long, happy marriage Melina.

I thought Melina said that the civil ceremony was not televised, but later said it was? for Grace and Rainier. I just have seen photos of both ceremonies and Grace Kelly looked so nervous and pale but beautiful.

To Rosana: Yes I think 4000 sounds like a lot. I had just read it from others on here that would be the number. I sounds like a security nightmare to me. And how do they know 4000 people? or if they will actually show up. It seems a bit ambitious....

As for who will attend, any recent "royal" wedding he's attended, that couple will be invited surely. I can't see the Queen of England going (as I have heard she doesn't care for Monaco? true?), yet I am sure the Wessex's have already picked out the clothes they will wear.

Obama would be a stretch. They could always invite but he could graciously decline. I sort of think with that big number of invites PA might be sorely surprised how many declines there are. Wouldn't it be better to invite less, and have people wanting an invite, than overdoing it, and having people dreading turning them down but not wanting to go?

Closed Thread