The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Gentry

Four thousand guests is a lotta guests!

Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I read in a biography of Grace (but can't remember which one) that the fact Grace had to walk down the aisle before Rainier was not due to protocol, but that it was Rainier's idea, he thought he was the most important person, so he had to enter last.
Don't know if it's true or gossip.
Rainier had also said that gossip was invented in Moanco so it may well be true.They have a stadium full of guests invited somehow.The fact that Grace had to enter first was possibly due to the fact that she was a commoner marrying into nobility.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Frankly, whether Grace entered first or last everyone was focused on her and her stunning attire. Ranier was an also ran. The same will happen here, except, I think Albert is very smart and realizes that.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:47 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

This constant changing dates of the civil and religious weddings is getting old. I don't know if it's the couple themselves or the Palace staff/PR? It's surprising that they are having the ceremony out of doors. The Catholic Church doesn't perform outdoor weddings at all. I suppose whatever Albert wants, he gets. Four thousand people is going to be very, very crowded and it will be a security nightmare.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
This constant changing dates of the civil and religious weddings is getting old. I don't know if it's the couple themselves or the Palace staff/PR? It's surprising that they are having the ceremony out of doors. The Catholic Church doesn't perform outdoor weddings at all. I suppose whatever Albert wants, he gets. Four thousand people is going to be very, very crowded and it will be a security nightmare.
Caroline also married in the courtyard.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Aristocracy

Is the wedding service going to be performed by a Catholic Priest? My thinking is, for a Sovereign Prince marring for the first time, it should be done in a Church. Prince Albert's life has been unconventional to say the least, 2 kids out of wedlock, one by an African airline stewardess and the other by a married/divorcee that goes to Monaco on vacation. Then he hooks up with Charlene who is what 20 years younger then himself...hmmmm, not good. He certainly isn't someone that i would want to marry, not with that kind of baggage. Oh yea, then Charlene going under all that cosmetic surgery and parading around Monaco in Houte Coture clothing and expensive jewelry, for years. I think it's so ridiculous frankly, for a Princeapality you would think you would see more class than what has been shown. Prince Albert reminds me of a big kid, running around doing what he wants/acting like he wants because he is a "Prince" - Joke.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Frankly, whether Grace entered first or last everyone was focused on her and her stunning attire. Ranier was an also ran. The same will happen here, except, I think Albert is very smart and realizes that.
I certainly do not feel that Monaco can ever gain back its previous reputation nowadays.As for Charlene garnering more publicity than than PA - I am also skeptical.
Grace 's stunning attire and imepeccable grooming were more about who she was rather than pieces outside herself described separately.Eveything about Grace was integrated.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrianna View Post
The Vatican holds the funerals and installations of Popes out of doors so why would they have a problem doing the same for a wedding. As already noted Caroline's first wedding was held in the palace courtyard and it was an RC ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The bride is always the focus of attention at every wedding. The groom is merely the necessary accessory on the wedding day but no one really cares how he is dressed no matter how spectacular the uniform or decorations worn. In the end all anyone talks about is the brides dress and sometimes the horrible bridemaids dresses.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
The Vatican holds the funerals and installations of Popes out of doors so why would they have a problem doing the same for a wedding. As already noted Caroline's first wedding was held in the palace courtyard and it was an RC ceremony.
Well, every Roman Catholic wedding I've been to has been in the Church and a co-worked wished to marry in a beautiful Memorial Rose Garden in my city, her priest and the Archbishop stated in no uncertain term that it wouldn't happen. That was for a common person, for Royals such as those in Monaco, the Church bends the rules.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:20 AM
Heir Apparent

My feeling is that the Church has/will have not much of a say about the wedding.
The Vatican has Monsignor Barsi in place, so that it has a strong(ish) foothold in Monaco - hence the plans for a state visit by Pope Ratzinger.
Apart from that, PA will "organise" the wedding to his (and, more to the point, Charlene's) wishes. She wears the trousers in this marriage.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

I have a question on behalf of my son that I hope no-one minds me asking (my knowledge of royal matters is very little!).

He seen something on you tube that mentioned that after their wedding Charlene Wittstock will become H.S.H. Princess Charlene and wondered if that would be her official title or if that is just how she will be known (by the press) similar to Princess Diana and most likely Princess Kate?

We tried to find out by looking up some references to Princess Grace, but found conflicting things about whether or not Pss Grace was her proper title.

Thank you.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

Her title will be Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco. Serene is used for Principalities. Ironically, Princess Caroline is Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover because Prince Ernst is descended from a King.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Her title will be Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco. Serene is used for Principalities. Ironically, Princess Caroline is Her Royal Highness Princess Caroline of Hanover because Prince Ernst is descended from a King.
Charlene, is that a a Catholic name?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
She wears the trousers in this marriage.
And the evidence of this is what exactly?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Heir Apparent

PA did say many moons ago that his marriage will be unconventional.
Only, in this case, the wedding itself, with its date changes, has already caused a minor furore.....
Old 01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Aristocracy

So much of the plans for this wedding seem odd, and ill planned. There is something very nice about the palace courtyard but seems not right for the religious side of the ceremony. Why not have the civil ceremony there? How will they fit and organize 4000 guests. Is that number just speculation or what?

I am very worried that Prince Albert will wear one of the "waiter" type outfits that I'm pretty sure are some sort of historical dress but do not work for him at all.

As for C.W she really needs to find her own style before this wedding and wear something accordingly or it will haunt her.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

a civil weedding in france or in monaco must take place in a city hall, it is the same law for the two lands, there are many officials papers signed by the officials jurist persons,there are many codes. For the princes or the princesses of monaco it is in the room of the throne.For me it is strange to see many of you, you are american girls who are used to see open weedding saying, it is not good, we want a weedding in a cathedral.I am french and we never saw open weedding but in a church but I will say july3 if it is not good or magnificient.Princess Caroline married with Junot in the garden of the palace, Princess Grace wanted a very privat weedding and we did not see the ceremony at the tv, only some photos.the guests outdoor of the yard of the palace will be the native monegasche people. My friend who is monegasch said me that it is what is said in monaco, it will be like for the enthronement of Prince Albert in july 2005, only the native people were hosted on the place of the palace and it was closed and the people should show the card of invitation to can go in the place
The enthronement of the papes in Rome is outdoor never in the sixtine kapell and the religious musics and songss are very beautiful to hear, and we can not say that is not solemn
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

I think open air weddings are nice as I wrote above. I can see security and weather problems rearing their heads though.

If the civil ceremony must take place in the throne room (if I am under-standing you correctly) then why would the religious ceremony not have to be held in the church? If it can be managed I like the courtyard. It just does not seem able to hold 4000 guests, as well as press, etc. Unless that number has been exaggerated in the press?

It really has nothing to do with being American, I just think some people have an expectation that royal/princely family members will marry in some old cathedral, etc. I'm sure that comes from fairy tales, and more recent televised royal weddings in England, for example, that we are all familiar with.

I'm imagining that the civil ceremony will be kept private (only photos not television camera's) as with PA's parents then too.

(Private note I read of your husband's passing last year as you said. My sympathies to you. How long were you married?)
Old 01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

In a religious ceremony the couple give deference to god to bless them.So I feel it only natural that they marry within the abode of that God whose blessing they seek- as in the church.This is their wedding , but I still feel the church setting would have been more appropriate rather than the outdoor location.And four thousand guests ? Also a bit too many.Probably as a result of all attending the religious ceremony few will be at the wedding breakfast.Does anybody have numbers as to who will be at the wedding breakfast?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 PM

I hope the weather will be good. If it is a nice sunny warm day, not too hot, with clear skies it could be a very pleasant wedding.

Isn't the memorial for Grace in the same courtyard?

Closed Thread