The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

IMHO the idea of wedding at place square is very tacky. It can be easily called a street wedding. It's very bad taste. Why Albert's PR people believe it is modern? What is so modern about this?

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 12-11-2010, 04:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Native monegasque people not the residents will be hosted with a personaly card, they are very pleased because they will be able to attend the weedding ceremony.The only cathedral of Monaco can receive 800 persons and there will be 1000 persons.It is not like in England where Westminster or Saint Paul can receive 1500 persons. Monaco is very tiny. For me I prefer a ceremony in a church because it is not in our habits a ceremony in open air in France, but you people of USA I see you have often open air weedding(Clinton daughter), I do not understand the critics. Prince Albert want to have people of Monaco with them; he said monegasque people is a big family for the royal family Prince Rainier married in the cathedral because there was less poeple who attended , there was no monegasque people and lno royals.IWe will be able to say some critics or no critics the to morrow day Now we don(t know what kind of ceremony it will be but I can say you because I know the place, it is is a beautiful place and there is beautiful view on the the landscape.

Old 12-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
He will probably donate the money to one of his foundations or use it to deflect the government security expenses. It's not like they need the money. Monaco's negotiating skills are why Monaco has no debt and the rest of the western world does. I wouldn't worry about the TV stations. They would not have bid that amount if they didn't think they would earn alot more.

Are you comparing a tiny place of less than 2 km, which gets its income from real estate, with huge western countries, with millions of people, unemployment, etc? Yes of course, they are only worried about benefitting one of their charity organizations, that´s why they want the wedding to be broadcast, not because they need publicity!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think the wedding will be super huge as the PR team is trying to sell it...but, we'll see that in July next year.
It's funny how PR team sells this as "the wedding of the century". So, the wedding of the century is the one of a 52 year old man who has finally decided to get married with a blonde gal who has achieved nothing but staying in Monaco for years to get a ring? (yes people, i know she is an olympian, show me the many medals she has won and will say she has at least achieved that)
If this the "mariage du sècle" i imagine William's is the wedding of the millenium!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I don't think the wedding will be super huge as the PR team is trying to sell it...but, we'll see that in July next year.
It's funny how PR team sells this as "the wedding of the century". So, the wedding of the century is the one of a 52 year old man who has finally decided to get married with a blonde gal who has achieved nothing but staying in Monaco for years to get a ring? (yes people, i know she is an olympian, show me the many medals she has won and will say she has at least achieved that)
If this the "mariage du sècle" i imagine William's is the wedding of the millenium!
You can be an Olympian without winning medals.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

95% of Olympians don't win a medal. They are still considered to be in the top 1% of athletes in their home country and the world. Getting to the Olympics is a huge accomplishment even if you come in last.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Gentry

It is funny that the media is telling that the wedding of Charlene and Albert will be the wedding of the century. As living in Sweden they said that about the wedding of Victoria and Daniel would be that before the wedding date. Now Albert and Charlene will announce it as well as William and Kate.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, my dear, there are many weddings of "The Century". It is all hype.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Oh, my dear, there are many weddings of "The Century". It is all hype.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 12-12-2010, 12:58 AM
Nobility

Oh, I agree they are all "weddings of the century" because each one brings their own unique beauty; no doubt Albert and Charlene's will, she is beautiful and he has been waiting for sooooo long!; then, William young and handsome with Kate bringing back the memory and elegance of Lady Di; and we just witness the majestic wedding of princess victoria; the balls, the boat ride, the people of her country gave her the love of her life... well, the imagination can go on and on.

The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, . . . .
Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

IN the past, there were the "weedding ofthe century" for Rainier and grace Kelly" then "the weedding of the century" for the king Baudoin and queen Fabiola and the "weedding of the century for Prince Charles and Lady Diana". Stay on the earth,let us look at the weedding and dream.I was very pleased to see the weedding of the Princess Victoria and Daniel, I will be very pleased to see the weedding of Prince William and I will be pleased to see the weedding of Prince Albert. It s a moment magic for all these weeddings, and I am surprised to see always critics for any weeddings I am pleased always to see the happyness and to see all these kings and princes and princess around, call me "fleur bleue" like it is said in french but I will never change and it is like this.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it's great to see all the smiles, the dresses, the crowds.....

... however, royal and princely weddings can have surprising consequences for the country in question: the tea towels, coins and other souvenirs ..... the film and TV rights .... the feelgood factor for countries in recession ...... no wonder there are so many weddings in the pipeline at present !!

Never one to miss an opportunity, HM the Queen has put a stop on the production of tea towels - she wants memorabilia which are a bit less tacky :-))
Old 12-12-2010, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have a question: Albert and Charlene's official pics as an engaged couples were these?
Pic1 * Pic2

Because i've just seen W&K's pics and they are inside the palace. I think all the official engagement pics of other couples were inside the palace, if i remember correctly. But well, i wouldn't be surprised if these are, we've seen Albert likes to do things his own way.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Gentry

NC, I am confused as mach as you. It is bad from their managers not be clear with the pictures of their engagement towards the public.imo
Old 12-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I have a question: Albert and Charlene's official pics as an engaged couples were these?
Pic1 * Pic2

Because i've just seen W&K's pics and they are inside the palace. I think all the official engagement pics of other couples were inside the palace, if i remember correctly. But well, i wouldn't be surprised if these are, we've seen Albert likes to do things his own way.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say with your post, but I liked the fact that the pictures weren't in a palace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
NC, I am confused as mach as you. It is bad from their managers not be clear with the pictures of their engagement towards the public.imo
Their managers, they aren't celebrities.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Pic1 * Pic2

The second picture was the official engagement picture. The first one was taken during the interview. Only one official engagement picture was released.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

There was an other taken in the garden, but we saw the first one the most time in the news papers because we saw the ring of the engagement but I prefer the second one . Last week, I went visite my mother and I went to Monaco to buy cigarettes because there are cheaper than in France,There are cards of the engagements of Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene.There are sill cards of Princess Grace and Rainier.When I was young, my parents used to buy cards of princely family I remenbered they were very beautiful, I remenbered one was the weedding of prince Rainier and Princess Grace and one was the family at the times of the christening ofprince Albert. But there were no towels or mugs whith the photos of the family . But in England, it is the habits to see the faces of the princes on the mugs, in Belgium also the photos are on the box of sweeties
Old 12-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh yes, i remember there's another one of Charlene with the green dress. And yeah, i forgot the first one is of the PPDA's interview.
Edit:
I read they've changed once again the date of the wedding (civil ceremony) to June 30th?! Is it true?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Only one official engagement picture was released.

Not quite correct, there are indeed two official engagement photos that were
released, this is the second one:

** Pic **
Old 12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

religious weedding is for july the 2th,we know the hour of the beginning of the ceremony 17h, it is said by Jerome Revon who is the leader of the comittee who made all the reports on the weeddings(see hebdo Magazine, un gros g2), he said also that the civil weedding could be june 30th because the friday july1th, there will be the repetitions on the place .I heard the interview of the Prince Albert on " Radio Classique " who said the religious ceremony will take place july2th and civil weedding will take place two days before. Civl ceremony is very short,and there will be only the family and the hights personalitis in monaco . around 50 persons.It will be also boardcast but it will be small report.Prince Albert said there will be also concerts during these days.

Closed Thread