The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The wedding will take place in the palace Courtyard, most likely with the Archbishop celebrating the Nuptial Mass there.

The precedent for this is Princess Caroline's wedding to Philippe Junot in June 1978.
According to the interview that Albert gave to Le Figaro the wedding will take place at "la place du Palais", it is the Palace Square not courtyard. The difference is that courtyard is inside the palace building and square is on the front of palace, the place that is always open for everybody like a street.

Caroline's wedding took place inside the palace, not at public square in front of the palace.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The weedding of prince Albert and Charlene will take place on the open place in front of the palace like weeddings in USA, in France it is not in our "coutumes" making weedding in open air. We will see how it is. In the interview, Prince Albert had friday with Claire Chazal on France Classique,Prince Albert said there was not enough places in the church, they had already a thousand hosts. The religious weedding will be on saturday july 2th and civil weedding the day before. He said also, there will be also concerts the days before. Stehane Bern said the weedding will be at 5h Pm.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:42 PM
Serene Highness

If its in the palace square that means anyone can just go and start screaming and causing a ruckus during the ceremony. I'm not to to keen on this idea, it's better suited in the church or the courtyard. I love Albert & Charlene but I hope they don't wonder why so many royals consider them less royal, because they have their wedding and other events like celebrities, royal weddings should occur in a church with beautiful organ music and orchestras, it's just more regal.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
According to the interview that Albert gave to Le Figaro the wedding will take place at "la place du Palais", it is the Palace Square not courtyard. The difference is that courtyard is inside the palace building and square is on the front of palace, the place that is always open for everybody like a street.

Caroline's wedding took place inside the palace, not at public square in front of the palace.
The civil ceremony took place inside the Palace Throne Room...the religious ceremony was outside, in the Courtyard with the lovely horseshoe staircase.

It was NOT indoors.

I personally would have preferred the Cathedral for CW and PA, but as long as it is a sacramental marriage blessed by the Church I don't think it is that big of a problem.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't blame PA/CW for wanting to take advantage of the July weather in order to enlarge the event in order to boost the income and publicity for it. It makes good business sense.
There's no point in squeezing a thousand or so people into a church when there is a ready made open space next to it.
I'm glad PA chose the pragmatic solution.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The civil ceremony took place inside the Palace Throne Room...the religious ceremony was outside, in the Courtyard with the lovely horseshoe staircase.

It was NOT indoors.

I personally would have preferred the Cathedral for CW and PA, but as long as it is a sacramental marriage blessed by the Church I don't think it is that big of a problem.
I would also have preferred the Cahtedral. perhaps if they have more guests then there are places in the Cathedral some guests could watch it ine one of the other Churches via TV-Screens. Wonder how they will do it with a balcony appearance after the Wedding because if the Wedding is on the Place before the palace there will most likely be chairs and benches so no space for the people to watch a balcony appearance.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Nobility

I am a follower of the Monaco Royal Family rather than the English Royal Family...but it will be interesting as to who gets to the alter first I wish both couples all the best for the future and may God bless them with much happiness and children
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I prefer a weedding in the Cathedral because as I said it is not in our us a weedding in open air, but it is their weedding and they will make what they want.When there is the coronation of a new pape, it is in open air and that is a very beautiful ceremony with songs and musics.For the balcony, there are many balconies around the palace I saw them and theyare more wider than the small window where they were last friday The balcony must be large if they want to have their family around for the presentation.For the other royals, I don't know who will be but at the coronation of Prince Albert there were Princess Victoria,Prince Joachim of Denmark and Prince Edward of England.There will be more royals at this weedding than at the weedding of Albert's parents weedding bacause the other royal courts though that Grace Kelly was an actress and not a royal.I thing that we must wait other news instead saying what they will make for that and that, we will be able to coment this weedding on sunday 3 july the3
Old 11-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, Debrann, Wills and Kate have beaten PA and CW to the altar by a comfortable margin !! There's an additional Bank Holiday (special holiday) for everyone to enjoy.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Administrator

They are certainly did and it appears that they (William and Kate) aren't playing.

Personally, I am not for long engagements but that is just a personal preference. Unless you need the time to save for the wedding (obviously not the case) or you have an illness (i.e. Daniel of Sweden) or some other important life fact (need to finish school before marriage, etc.) What is the point in the delay? But again that is just a personal belief.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

"Nice-Matin" poll on PA's wedding - Sunday 21st November 2010:

Votes Monaco | nicematin.com

Can the marriage of the prince change the future of Monaco?

Yes 37% No 63 %
Old 11-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Interesting. That's what monegasques think?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

So Charlene will attend her second royal wedding as just the "fiance" not the wife, rather unfortunate for her, but I'm so excited to see what she wears as she did so great on national day. So I hope this means Kate & William go to theirs, If they don't I will be disappointed with them. Victoria & Daniel should go to theirs to..
Old 11-24-2010, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Not the Monegasques, Natalie. I was able to vote on the Nice Matin site.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Not the Monegasques, Natalie. I was able to vote on the Nice Matin site.
Oh, that's a relief then.
jonc93, Charlene attended as girlfriend at Victoria's wedding (well, actually i'm not sure, 4 days after the marriage she was suddenly his fiancée, maybe they were engaged before, like Kate and Wills?)
Didn't it happen almost the same in Haakon and MM's wedding, Eva Sannum was Felipe's girlfriend at the time and she was there anyway?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Oh, Didn't it happen almost the same in Haakon and MM's wedding, Eva Sannum was Felipe's girlfriend at the time and she was there anyway?
It is not the same. Eva Sannum was invited as a friend of the couple to marry not as a girlfriend of Felipe. Of course it was a good occasion to smoothly introduce her, but the cover was her personnal relationship with Haakaon & MM, she knew them independantly from Felipe. Of course the RSF was aware of and the protocol services negotiated that Eva should not approach Queen Sofia during the ceremony, she had to stay n another room, in order to avoid any picture of them together.
Of course all this effort failed, because especially after this wedding Eva Sannum was considered as non convenient, because of her "star" red carpet appeareace!
Charlene was there only accompanying Prince Albert.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Oh, i forgot she was from Norway. So, yes it's different. Thanks for the explanation!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Oh, that's a relief then.
jonc93, Charlene attended as girlfriend at Victoria's wedding (well, actually i'm not sure, 4 days after the marriage she was suddenly his fiancée, maybe they were engaged before, like Kate and Wills?)
Didn't it happen almost the same in Haakon and MM's wedding, Eva Sannum was Felipe's girlfriend at the time and she was there anyway?
Oh yeah that's right at that time she was just "girlfriend" although they were probably secretly engaged. I just feel bad because it'll be a while before she goes to a royal wedding as the Princess of Monaco, Kate & Wills would of been a good start but she'll just be the fiancee.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle View Post
Do you think Charlene will be less accepted by the citizens of Monaco if she is not Catholic? And lets say she doesn't convert, will she be allowed to participate in festivties and celebrations for Sainte Devote etc?
LadyBelle, that was indeed very noble of you, but you have to remember that this is 2010 and people are people. Charlene could convert to Roman Catholicism, or raise so much $$$ that she single-handedly funds the cure for cancer, it wouldn't register a blip if the people of Monaco are simply unaccepting (or heaven forbid, outright brutal) towards her. However, Charlene doesn't have to provide cause for their lack of acceptance by not appreciating their history and values, and embracing their culture/religion as her own.

In any measure, history has shown us that "foreign" princesses (think Princess Grace, the former Princess Alexandra of Denmark, Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg) have been viewed with, at bare minimum, skepticism. Each of these women have had varied challenges in adjusting to their homelands, from meddling in-laws and difficult staff to language barriers and culture clashes. However, they have succeeded in spite of such issues and have gone on to become staples in the hearts and pride of their people.

It would be to her best benefit for Charlene to follow suit.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Courtier

Has a wedding dress designer been announced yet?

Closed Thread