Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Badgley Mishka or Armani would be good designers of her gown. Always spot on is Vera Wang.

There are as many designers as there are opinions but Charlene has to research this or hire a researcher.Afterall she is hgoing to enetr and the comparison made to her mother in law. Armani may just be too severe.Others too heavy- so Charlene has her task cut out for her- hire a consultant to bring twenty five sketches a day. I always loved the sartorial Andre Laug. but have no idea what his wedding dresses look like now.

She could go for Collette Dinigan- I love her dresses! Or Carolina Hererra. Too bad Alexander McQueen is gone because I'm sure he would create something stunning.

Most likely she will go for Armani prive.
She has worn tons of his prive outfits/dresses and they suit her real well.
In an interview she once said that he understands what she wants.

I personally think a year is a good time to wait, planning a wedding is never easy and especially a royal one with all the protocol to follow, and 800 guests and everything has to look perfect, and planning all the pre and post wedding events can be stressful and one year will be a good amount of time to plan it all. :)

Waiting until next Summer doesn't bother me, after to having to wait over a year for Victoria's. But I would like it to be a September/ October wedding, they do not have to follow the six month protocol.

A year isn't that long of a time for something like this, but I suspect that planning was already in the works even before an announcement of engagement.

With a whole year before the wedding, they are obviously not in a hurry to produce an heir...

Most likely she will go for Armani prive.
She has worn tons of his prive outfits/dresses and they suit her real well.
In an interview she once said that he understands what she wants.
His wedding gows are rather austere and not soft enough for Charlene > I am the first to send her to Armani for everything else except this unless he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

I hope Farha Diba and family are invited to the Grimaldi wedding as they were in absentia from the Swedish nuptuals and I know how close they are to the Grimaldis. Farah could advise Charlene on fashion[great elegance] that is for certain as she was once in a similar position when she was about to marry the Shah of Iran and more than proved herself.

A year is not too long, quite the opposite, because Charlene wil still have to learn a lot. And the diaries of other royal families will be so full already that they may have difficulties attending the Monaco wedding.

Whatever dress she commissions, it will have to suit her athletic body. She's not a Letizia!

Whatever that covers her shoulders.

Why can't she have a strapless dress if she so wishes?

Well, keep in mind there's going to be a civil ceremony as well as a religous ceremon, so I'll wager Chanel for the civil and Armani for the church.

She loves Armani clothes and also Valentino has designed many beautiful dresses for Caroline and Charlene as well, so I think it will be either Giorgio Armani or Valentino.

And yes I know that Valentino has ''retired'' from fashion, but I believe that he'll be glad to design a wedding dress for Charlene.

I'm sure he would let himself be persuaded to temporarily come out of retirement!

After all, it would be priceless publicity for anyone who gets the job!

I think i've never seen her in a Chanel. It would be interesting if she wears one. For the civil ceremony, as RubyPrincess said. I'm still hoping Valentino or Armani for the church.

It would be interesting to see Valentino come out of retirement to design a royal wedding dress. Not sure how that would work with his company, employees, etc. though.

:previous:
I suspect that royals, at least some of them already knew about the engagement thus a future wedding. Otherwise Charlene would have never been invited. I guess Prince Albert who seems to be very close to most of royals also must have taken into account his peers when he set the wedding date.

It was probably the best kept secret among the European royals. PA is thick with the Scandinavian royals and a few others, and they would have kept his secret for him, not least because he didn't want to rain on Victoria's parade...

One thing I was wondering is since Princess Charlotte didn't leave any of her jewels to Princess Grace and all to Princess Caroline, which tiara do you think Charlene will use since Grace only had a couple of small ones? Maybe Caroline will give the big pearl one back to the Monaco Princely family to be handed down to future heirs? Maybe Albert will buy her a new one? who knows....

I am wondering if Princess Grace left any of her personal jewelry to her son Albert to be eventually used by his wife?

Many women do that sort of thing...but if not, Caroline will probably give Charlene one of her many tiaras or Albert will gift his fiancee and future Princess with a new one of her own.

Based on her engagement ring, I am sure it will be spectacular. :whistling:

Since Caroline has the Hanoverian jewels to use, I would think/hope she would turn over most of the major Monaco jewels to Charlene to use.

Since Caroline has the Hanoverian jewels to use, I would think/hope she would turn over most of the major Monaco jewels to Charlene to use.
I hope so to and maybe we can see Charlene in this one on her big day, and the necklace, it would look amazing on her!

That tiara looks great on dark-haired Caroline, but how would it look on blond hair ??

Which jewels would best set off Charlene's hair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom