The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Barring accidents or similar calamities, I can't believe that the couple will split up before the event. Imagine the "brouhaha" if it were to be cancelled. Monaco would lose a lot of money, prestige and goodwill amongst its supporters and collaborators.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

I think many in Monaco would be relieved. I feel bad for Charlene. She is being thrown (willingly) into the shark tank. She is in way over her head. The people living in Monaco are very wealthy and very powerful. It's not your average little town. It's a good thing she is an Olympic swimmer!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Heir Apparent

But as long as PA will protect her with his billions, I can't see what else could anyone "do to her".
Old 11-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
But as long as PA will protect her with his billions, I can't see what else could anyone "do to her".
I hope the best for them. But CW may be disappointed by the snobbery she encounters even though she will be prevailing over everybody.. However since they will start a family I am certain she will find herself complete and busy. I do hope she does make many friends in the years to come and that she is understood for her mentality and humour which are different.
Perhaps a better command of French might do the trick...eventually
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Grace had the same problems, at the beginning, many prople doubt on her capacities, she came as a beautiful actriss, I read in a serious biographie, that she felt unhappy at the beginnind of her married wife, she had no friends, the only she had were american,It is the reasons she wanted making film with Hitckock. She wanted divorce but the chjldren must stay with their father. But it si not the subject here on this board
Old 11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Serene Highness

Java, what do you mean by her different mentality and humor? Do we know which kind of humor he has? If she has a problem making friends after so long, I would suggest her to change her attitude. Probably monegasques do not like her. And what a inappropriate comment to make about the people in your future country. Is she playing the victim? I do not believe her. It will be an excuse when she divorces.

On another note, Grace didnīt feel comfortable at the beginning because she didnīt know anyone, didnīt speak the language, went to live in a diferent country. And within a year she had been totally accepted by the people. Letīnot make comparisons which make no sense.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Administrator

All posts regarding the Paris Match article on Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ock-29100.html .

Please continue the discussion there.

Thanks!

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

A couple of points about the impending wedding - both from "Bunte".....

1) Not sure if I missed this, but Bunte claimed on Sept. 16th that the wedding will take place in front of the Palace.

2) Bunte also assures us that "the whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding".

Well, I'm not exactly in a fever..........not sure whether anyone else will be either.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

mmmm, "the wedding of the century" says Jerome Revon, now Bunte says "The whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding"
I think they are trying to sell this wedding too hard, i don't think that the whole world can't wait for the event...
I guess Albert assesors didn't expect this to be so uninteresting for the media, so they are promoting the best they can the marriage, but i think is not working very well.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree - rather than fever, the whole thing is coming across as a damp squib, in part because of the wedding date changes which make Monaco look ridiculous, but also PA/CW's emphasis on their wedding being mainly about the "Olympic Family".

What about the Monegasque family?
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
On Nice Matin today and on Monaco news, Jerome Revon, the producer of the society which will make report on the weedding of Albert and Charlene says that Mrs Stalh the advisor of the palace for the weedding has confirm him that it his society "R&G" which will supply images on the Weedding, for those who want to see the religious weedding, the live report will begin at 4 Pm and will finish at 7 Pm, there will be four documentaries, he will make on the couple all the year long and the society will go with the couple on some travels and the report will be make in 3D. He will be with his Society on the place of the palace for the national fest on 19 november to do reperages for the further weedding
Here is the article.
Nice Matin

In Stephane Berne, Prince Albert has chosen a longstanding, experienced media "operator" who should do a good job.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Two interesting points from the Nice Matin article:

PA (as well as CW) will use his broadcasting rights to make contributions to his foundation, and CW will choose a similar contribution for her own caritative interest.

There will definitely be a balcony appearance for CW on National Day because Jérôme Revon will be introduced as the chap who will film everything.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

That will be interesting to see. I would like to know if any other fiancee in any other monarchy has appeared in the balcony before marrying the prince...

Also, i would like to know if Caroline will appear with her kids. Or if this will be another promotion step for Charlene. If anything, they should promote the familiar union, so everyone should appear.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
I would like to know if any other fiancee in any other monarchy has appeared in the balcony before marrying the prince.
Mary appeared on the balcony at her then future mother-in-law's birthday in 2004.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Mary appeared on the balcony at her then future mother-in-law's birthday in 2004.
Thank you!
I want to see them all there. We still have two weeks to go!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Wasn't Diana also on the balcony at the Trooping of the Colour in 81....that is typically in June and she and Charles didn't get married until July.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

A picture of Diana at the balcony in 1981:

Diana trooping of the colour 81 image by dawngallick on Photobucket

And one of Diana and Prince Andrew in the carriage:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/k...afilter=images

And one of Mary at the balcony in April 2004:

http://images.bt2.metropol.dk/227/22...7164_large.jpg
Old 11-06-2010, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

We will see if Charlene Wittstock will be at the balcony. Jerome Revon said she should be at the balcony and not will be at the balcony it is why I say we will see,
Old 11-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
mmmm, "the wedding of the century" says Jerome Revon, now Bunte says "The whole world is feverishly waiting for the wedding"
I think they are trying to sell this wedding too hard, i don't think that the whole world can't wait for the event...
I guess Albert assesors didn't expect this to be so uninteresting for the media, so they are promoting the best they can the marriage, but i think is not working very well.
I rather think the whole world is waiting for a Divine Comedy. Unfortunately.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Heir Apparent

What worries me is that there are still many months before the wedding, during which time CW will have plenty of opportunity to make more gaffes.

The pre-wedding "fever" promoted by the press pack is bad enough, but, once married, the spotlight will be on her in a much more merciless way.
One only has to read Bunte to see how every fault or slip-up will be "punished" by the "presse people".

Let Charlene enjoy her pre-wedding period to the full. The "princess" period, with all its restrictions, will come soon enough.

Closed Thread