Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following on from the speculation of which European Royals might attend.. Do people think there may be a chance that Edward & Sophie could be there ? My thinking is that they know Albert & Charlene from attending other European Royal "get togethers"/recent weddings, & they also met at the opening of the tribute to Princess Grace exhibition in London. I'm personally optimistic for a good turn out of Royals at the wedding because Albert has some long standing associations with a number of them.

the Palace announced in a official annonce (look at the official site: Palais princier de monaco,it is french, but you know all here the french language) that there will be 4000persons outdoor on the place of the palace.and the ceremony will take place in courtyeard that is in the palace and the doors will be opend durind the ceremony . The family, the heads of state, the hight persons of Monaco, royals will be there in it. The courtyard is less big than the place of the palace. Prince Albert said in September that the ceremony of the weedding will be on the palace because he wanted the monegasque people around Charlene and he. He said ni his speech of the end of the year that the monegasque people will be with them during their weedding. At each stage of his life, he uses to have the monegasques with him. The 4000 persons will be the monegasque people not the residents which are not monegasque. The natives are around 3000 or 4000 persons, no more. Monaco is a tiny principauty. the palace said there will be tv to see the ceremony for them and they will hear the speechs with the same sono.For the royals and the heads of states, we will see who will be there at the right moment.

I seriously doubt you will see either of the Obamas at the wedding if the Secret Service has anything to do with it. They had a fit over the security for Princess Graces funeral and Nancy Reagan was staying at the Palace. They won't be able to ensure their safety in this type of crowd.

I do not know why the Obamas will be there on the weedding of Prince Albert there will be perhaps the ambassador, USA is far from Monaco, it is a weedding, not a politic event, but there will be perhaps the president Sarkozy or a member of the government because Monaco is very near of France and also Italy, there will be an nambassador.For the weedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace there was Francois Mitterrand who was ministre at this time. For Prince Albert,there will be mayors of Nice, Menton, and Senators of south of France

I do not know why the Obamas will be there on the weedding of Prince Albert there will be perhaps the ambassador, USA is far from Monaco, it is a weedding, not a politic event, but there will be perhaps the president Sarkozy or a member of the government because Monaco is very near of France and also Italy, there will be an nambassador.For the weedding of Prince Rainier and Princess Grace there was Francois Mitterrand who was ministre at this time. For Prince Albert,there will be mayors of Nice, Menton, and Senators of south of France
I think most people are wondering if they will attend since President Ronald Regan and his wife were invited to Charles and Diana's except only Nancy Regan attended due to the assignation attempt then as mentioned she attended Princess Graces funeral. I've been reading the Obamas won't be on the list for William and Kate so it makes one wonder if it would even be considered for this wedding.

Apart from Nice and Menton, I hope that some of the smaller communities will be represented, e.g. Beausoleil or La Turbie. I would also see a delegation from Lucciana (Corsica) there because of the link to Sainte-Dévote.

Well, there hasn't been confirmaiton of the wedding list for Wililam and Kate so we don't know who will be invited. Its the British tabloids who are suggesting that the Obamas haven't been invited. Where to my knowledge, the invitiations haven't gone out yet.

I don't believe the Obamas will attend the Monaco wedding either. I believe it will be the Ambassador to France who represents the US.

I don't know how the Monaco Princely Family does weddings, but I believe that the British will just announced who is coming not who was invited. Which I believe is what the Swedish royals did for Victoria's wedding.

For the Weedding of Prince William, I understand why there will be the President Obama because England is very closed to Usa, it is a kingdom and there is the commonwealth, but I doubt about his presence if there is much to do at The White House, but Mme Obama will be perhaps there.For Monaco, I heard Bern saying that the Palace send the cards of invitation a few days ago. Apart Princess Caroline'weeddings and Princess Stephanie's weedding, these weeddings were privat there was not a big weedding from the time of Prince Rainier"weedding in 1956 and I read that President of USA at this time and no anbassador were at this weedding of Grace Kelly and there was the patron of the factory Ford who was there, and she was very desppointed

IMO, it's more likely that you'd see him at the wedding of a reigning prince and not the heir to the heir in England.
But we'll have to wait and see.

When did a president of the US attend a royal wedding? I don´t understand all this speculation. And the wedding of the prince of a tiny principality which bonds with US are nonexistent. I even doubt Spain will send a representative from the royal family, after the IOC scandal.

Last edited:
In the UK, the First Lady has been present at two royal weddings, but never the President.

For the Weedding of Prince William, I understand why there will be the President Obama because England is very closed to Usa, it is a kingdom and there is the commonwealth, but I doubt about his presence if there is much to do at The White House, but Mme Obama will be perhaps there.For Monaco, I heard Bern saying that the Palace send the cards of invitation a few days ago. Apart Princess Caroline'weeddings and Princess Stephanie's weedding, these weeddings were privat there was not a big weedding from the time of Prince Rainier"weedding in 1956 and I read that President of USA at this time and no anbassador were at this weedding of Grace Kelly and there was the patron of the factory Ford who was there, and she was very desppointed
Don't forget the difference between Albert and his sisters are like Princess Grace stated they were not State events as Alberts wedding will be as hers and Rainiers was. It is the Crown and heir to the Throne that are Official State Events. With Grace being gone and Albert having very little contact with the Obamas since elected like they were when Grace was alive it will probably be John Lehman representing the USA as FanofMonaco pointed out earlier. I don't think it really matters much who attends its going to be a media circus for PR and not much in the way of romantic how a wedding should be with family and good friends. Go from that to the IOC meeting for your honeymoon I'm sorry a honeymoon is suppose to be romantic and a time to be together alone.

Here's something interesting to think about. The G8 summit is being held in Nice, France this summer. If it is held close to the wedding date it is very possible PA might get a few VIPs to attend.

There are probably too many security risks for the President of the U.S. to attend such an event. I agree it would only be Mrs. Obama who might attend if she's invited.

I thinck there is no ioc scandal Rosana, there are allegations of a man against a Prince, here in France and in Europe nobody did not speak about, for the spanish royals don-t forget that king Ju

I do not see why any president of the United States or France would go to Prince Albert's wedding because Monaco is such a tiny country.

How about television coverage of Prince Albert's wedding day?Will any French channels show it ?

There will be the channel TF1 with reporter Jean Claude Narcy, the Channel Ant2. with the reporter Stephane Bern with the report woman Marie Drucker ant it is annouced some days ago there will be also TMC a channel which covers all the south of France and Monaco. Stephane Bern belongs also to the team of Jerome Revon which works with the Palace.Christiane Sthal annonces to the Magarine Point De vue that there will be two anglo saxon reporterS who will join to the team .

Yes, Marie Drucker is a journalist, niece of Michel Drucker, it is announced that she will be on the Channel A 2 with Stephan Bern to comment the religious ceremony on july the second .

I hope seing the Princess Stephanie's children at the weedding of their uncle Albert. Stephanie said her children like very much Charlene; and we saw photos where Camille is kissing her uncle very much in july 2005 and holding his hand in july 2005 when there was the fest with the monegasque people when Albert became prince soveregn of monaco,I hope Camille will be also flowerbride for Charlene. I thinck Stephanie would be ok for the presence of her chidren at the weedding.

I would hope that the whole family is there, but you never know. The Chapel of St Devote where CW will offer her bouquet of flowers is it this?

Yes it is a very beautiful chapel, which is not very big, at the fest of St Devote on 26th january, there is a mass with the Prince and then he makes fire to a boat and there is a big firework on the port, and on january the 27th, there is a procession who go from st Devote to the palace and to the cathedral of St Nicholas with the prince Albert and Ste Devote is the sainte who protects Monaco, but we fest also sainte Devote in the south of France

Hmm so if it is, then they will need to travel by car, I wonder if they will use their standard Mercedes like on National day, or use one of their cars from their antique collection. I hope they use a nice antique car like Rainier and Grace did, but at that time it wasn't an antique haha!

From what I've read, the Rolls-Royce Rainier and Grace used from the Cathedral on their wedding day was a wedding gift to them from the Monegasques.

Last edited:
Hmm I didn't know that! I wonder what the Sovereign couple will receive from Monaco as an official gift? I hope Charlene gets a nice piece of Jewelery or a nice dinner service. :)

On point de Vue, it is said the couple will take a convertible car to go to the Chapel because after they will offer the bouquet to Ste Devote, they will make a drive in Monaco as Prince Rainier and Princess Grace made after their marriage.On Nice Monaco, it is said they will walk untill the Chapel because the chapel is not very far from the palace.Princess Caroline and Philippe walked until the chapel after their weedding. It will be televised.
On Nice Monace this morning, there is the program for 2011 for the Grimaldi Forum. There will be an exposition about famous royals couple from XVI until XXI century with things that belonged to Charles Quint Philippe II of Spain of course there will things who belonged to prince Rainier and Princess Grace and ther will be news photos of Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock on the big glasses . I will go to see this exposition because I like very much history

On point de Vue, it is said the couple will take a convertible car to go to the Chapel because after they will offer the bouquet to Ste Devote, they will make a drive in Monaco as Prince Rainier and Princess Grace made after their marriage.On Nice Monaco, it is said they will walk untill the Chapel because the chapel is not very far from the palace.Princess Caroline and Philippe walked until the chapel after their weedding. It will be televised.
very much history

It would be nice if they walked for us to see them, maybe not so nice on Charlene's feet! :ROFLMAO: I'm starting to get more excited for this wedding, July will be here sooner than we think! The palace needs to start releasing more official information! lol

the civil and religious will be at 5 Pm, it is more confortable for the people who live far from Europe to watch the weedding. For me the weedding of Prince William and Kate and the weedding of Prince Albert are at the right hours.
For the news of the weedding of Prince Albert, it is yet early to have information on the weedding because it will be in 6 months.the newspapers can only make like us suggestions from news they received of the palace

All posts speculating about the engagement pics having been made years
before the engagement have been removed as it's a barren discussion.
Thanks for your understanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom