Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They both look good! She seems to be growing her hair out, so maybe an elaborate up-do to go behind her tiara, which I'm sure she will wear!

Charlene will wear her hair up, she wears them often up at public events,she has her hair rarely down.For the tiara, I have any idea about it , but I think it will be nice for her to wear a tiara

As far as I can see, this thread is about "Wedding suggestions and musings".

Postings about this wedding should be a pleasure :)) not an excuse to have a go at one another.

There seems to be a - rather repetitive - war of words about all things Charlene, and it becomes rather monotonous, verging on boring. That's not a criticism, just an observation on my part.

It is perfectly possible to like some things about Charlene, and to dislike other things.
I managed it the other day, when I expressed my feelings about her lack of French, but, in the same sentence, lauded her for her choice of garment.

It doesn't need to be Black or White - there are Grey shades too :))

I did not want give this new because there are so criticisms about Charlene, but I think to the persons who try to defend the couple.
To day there is a release press of the palace,it is official, the civil palace will take place july the first at 17 heures in the palace, and the religious weedding will take place on july 2th in the honor yard (inside the palace) where the personalyties will attend, Cardinal Barsi will celebrate the weedding mass, it will be at 17h, and 4000 persons could attend in the open place, on big screems and they could be sit. The doors of the palace will stay opened during the ceremony.july the first and july the second will be no working days . Make what you want of this new

Glad to see that they have finally set the dates. Let's hope they don't change their minds again.

Just one correction: Archbishop Bernard César Augustin Barsi is not a Cardinal. He is generally addressed as Monsignor Barsi.

Hmm, I don't think the date is set up yet. They published 'official date' on palace's website before and it has changed many times since then.:p

As far as I can see, this thread is about "Wedding suggestions and musings".

Postings about this wedding should be a pleasure :)) not an excuse to have a go at one another.

There seems to be a - rather repetitive - war of words about all things Charlene, and it becomes rather monotonous, verging on boring. That's not a criticism, just an observation on my part.

It is perfectly possible to like some things about Charlene, and to dislike other things.
I managed it the other day, when I expressed my feelings about her lack of French, but, in the same sentence, lauded her for her choice of garment.

It doesn't need to be Black or White - there are Grey shades too :))
Thank you so very much Renata for that. It was needed very much. "chiaroscuro" is the grey area I believe and I agree because as i sometimes observe difficult things abbout CW I also laud her in the same sentence. Once again thank you for bringing us back into orbit regarding the wedding suggestions and musings.

Some more information about the programme for the wedding
from the Nice Matin

link

Some snippets from the above article -
After the wedding of Prince William the world's focus will transfer to Monaco (!!) Some 1,500 journalists will cover the ceremony
The ceremony it is to be filmed in 3D
A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police quarters(opposite the palace) to the palace interior - courtyard.
The religious ceremony will have 4,000 guests including heads of state/personalities
After the religious ceremony Princess Charlene will lay her bouquet in the chapel of St Devote (which Grace also did)

Stephane Bern the speaker of french public tv and who belongs to the comittee who works with the advisers of the palace said to day that the weedding will be broadcast on the tv public A2 or Fr3 and he will be the speaker like he was for the national fest on november 19th and Jeanclaude Narcy said to day that the weedding will be on the privacy Tv' the one'.Jerome Revon said that the civil ceremony will be broadcast but it will be very short because the ceremony is very shortHe said also that the civil ceremony will be on thursday june30th because there will be repetitions on the place of the palace the friday.I heard also Prince Albert saying that the civil weedding will be 2 days before the religious weedding in the interview on "classic radio" Bern said also that the invitations to the host people will be sent soon In these days. he says also that the weedding of Prince William and these of Prince Albert will be broadcast on the french tv.

Some more information about the programme for the wedding
from the Nice Matin

link

Some snippets from the above article -
After the wedding of Prince William the world's focus will transfer to Monaco (!!) Some 1,500 journalists will cover the ceremony
The ceremony it is to be filmed in 3D
A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police quarters(opposite the palace) to the palace interior - courtyard.
The religious ceremony will have 4,000 guests including heads of state/personalities
After the religious ceremony Princess Charlene will lay her bouquet in the chapel of St Devote (which Grace also did)
According to this last article posted by Elly dated December 22, 2010 the civil wedding is still set for July 1, 2011.

A huge red carpet will stretch from the barracks of the police

What exactly is the red carpet for? Will the guests walk along it? But what will they be doing at the barracks?

Last edited:
Is this yet another date change?
This is getting a tad ridiculous in my opinion. Just pick a date and stick with it.

Actually, this change was known a while ago, they just didn't add it to the official website before now.

What exactly is the red carpet for? Will the guests walk along it? But what will they be doing at the barracks?

Well the article seems to be suggesting that Charlene & her father will use this route to enter the palace for the religious ceremony & then at to exit with Albert.

Sounds like it's going to be a big theatrical event, surprised...NOT, but i'm looking forward to it!!! LOL

Hmm, I get it then she will walk across the red carpet to the ceremony.I'm still worried about rain, I hope they have a good back up plan for rain, it can happen at anytime!

It makes me wonder again if CW will enter the church first[ on the red carpet] before Prince Albert or will PA abandon his father's strict protocol rules?Does anybody know if other than this forum if the Monaco wedding will be broadcast in North America on any televison channel?
Does anybody know if Celeste Holm or Judy Bababan Quine [Hollywood royalty] get the nod to go?Who of the Kelly clan are invited?

Is this yet another date change?
This is getting a tad ridiculous in my opinion. Just pick a date and stick with it.
Agreed!Crazy glue that date!

Last edited:
It males me wonder agin if CW will enter the church first[ on the red carpet] before Prince Albert or will PA abandon his father's strict protocol rules?

Well there's no Church to enter as it is being held in the Palace courtyard! I would imagine that Albert might already be seated /standing while Charlene enters with her father.

I read in a biography of Grace (but can't remember which one) that the fact Grace had to walk down the aisle before Rainier was not due to protocol, but that it was Rainier's idea, he thought he was the most important person, so he had to enter last.
Don't know if it's true or gossip.

I read in a biography of Grace (but can't remember which one) that the fact Grace had to walk down the aisle before Rainier was not due to protocol, but that it was Rainier's idea, he thought he was the most important person, so he had to enter last.
Don't know if it's true or gossip.
Rainier had also said that gossip was invented in Moanco so it may well be true.They have a stadium full of guests invited somehow.The fact that Grace had to enter first was possibly due to the fact that she was a commoner marrying into nobility.

Frankly, whether Grace entered first or last everyone was focused on her and her stunning attire. Ranier was an also ran. The same will happen here, except, I think Albert is very smart and realizes that.

This constant changing dates of the civil and religious weddings is getting old. I don't know if it's the couple themselves or the Palace staff/PR? It's surprising that they are having the ceremony out of doors. The Catholic Church doesn't perform outdoor weddings at all. I suppose whatever Albert wants, he gets.;) Four thousand people is going to be very, very crowded and it will be a security nightmare.

This constant changing dates of the civil and religious weddings is getting old. I don't know if it's the couple themselves or the Palace staff/PR? It's surprising that they are having the ceremony out of doors. The Catholic Church doesn't perform outdoor weddings at all. I suppose whatever Albert wants, he gets.;) Four thousand people is going to be very, very crowded and it will be a security nightmare.

Caroline also married in the courtyard.

Is the wedding service going to be performed by a Catholic Priest? My thinking is, for a Sovereign Prince marring for the first time, it should be done in a Church. Prince Albert's life has been unconventional to say the least, 2 kids out of wedlock, one by an African airline stewardess and the other by a married/divorcee that goes to Monaco on vacation. Then he hooks up with Charlene who is what 20 years younger then himself...hmmmm, not good. He certainly isn't someone that i would want to marry, not with that kind of baggage. Oh yea, then Charlene going under all that cosmetic surgery and parading around Monaco in Houte Coture clothing and expensive jewelry, for years. I think it's so ridiculous frankly, for a Princeapality you would think you would see more class than what has been shown. Prince Albert reminds me of a big kid, running around doing what he wants/acting like he wants because he is a "Prince" - Joke.

Frankly, whether Grace entered first or last everyone was focused on her and her stunning attire. Ranier was an also ran. The same will happen here, except, I think Albert is very smart and realizes that.
I certainly do not feel that Monaco can ever gain back its previous reputation nowadays.As for Charlene garnering more publicity than than PA - I am also skeptical.
Grace 's stunning attire and imepeccable grooming were more about who she was rather than pieces outside herself described separately.Eveything about Grace was integrated.

Last edited:

The Vatican holds the funerals and installations of Popes out of doors so why would they have a problem doing the same for a wedding. As already noted Caroline's first wedding was held in the palace courtyard and it was an RC ceremony.

The bride is always the focus of attention at every wedding. The groom is merely the necessary accessory on the wedding day but no one really cares how he is dressed no matter how spectacular the uniform or decorations worn. In the end all anyone talks about is the brides dress and sometimes the horrible bridemaids dresses. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Vatican holds the funerals and installations of Popes out of doors so why would they have a problem doing the same for a wedding. As already noted Caroline's first wedding was held in the palace courtyard and it was an RC ceremony.

Well, every Roman Catholic wedding I've been to has been in the Church and a co-worked wished to marry in a beautiful Memorial Rose Garden in my city, her priest and the Archbishop stated in no uncertain term that it wouldn't happen. That was for a common person, for Royals such as those in Monaco, the Church bends the rules.

My feeling is that the Church has/will have not much of a say about the wedding.
The Vatican has Monsignor Barsi in place, so that it has a strong(ish) foothold in Monaco - hence the plans for a state visit by Pope Ratzinger.
Apart from that, PA will "organise" the wedding to his (and, more to the point, Charlene's) wishes. She wears the trousers in this marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom