The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

On the topic of Bridal Gowns, what do people think about Chelsea Clinton's outfit ???

I realise that comparisons between Chelsea snd Charlene are not very useful - there's a sizeable age difference between them, for a start .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-10820649

Old 08-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

First, the link you provided doesn't show the picture of her wedding dress??

Here is the link to the wedding in pictures.
BBC News - In pictures: Chelsea Clinton's wedding

I adore the dress she wore, just the right amount of ruffles and jewels.

Old 08-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
On the topic of Bridal Gowns, what do people think about Chelsea Clinton's outfit ???

I realise that comparisons between Chelsea snd Charlene are not very useful - there's a sizeable age difference between them, for a start .
BBC News - America's royal wedding
Chelsea's gown by Vera Wang was lovely but I do not think it would become Charlene at all.It has frou frou which becomes Chelsea and gives her dimension which she is able to carry off.As for the future role of Charlene I remember that Rainier said of Grace that she is sometimes my minister without portfolio, minister of health. children and culture. He was a witty and charming Prince. So I think"Princess" Charlene will have influence behind the scenes.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Courtier

I'm sure Charlene will make a lovely bride, whatever she chooses to wear, and will in turn do an exceptional job as First Lady of Monaco. :)

Evidence thus far proves she has the makings to do just that ~ make a great First Lady of Monaco ~ as it stands now there are no skeletons in her closet, no scandals, no out-of-wedlock children, no jilted lovers, no secret husbands, or anything of that nature. Rather, she has shown considerable discipline & resolve, most likely garnered from her years as an Olympic swimmer, as anybody in sports knows that discipline is key to success! And of course her family laid the foundation, as any good family would.

I look forward to seeing more of Charlene's transformation from girlfriend, fiancee, wife, First Lady of Monaco, and eventually mother. :)

Thus far, she hasn't set a foot wrong, in my humble opinion, of course. Cheers!

Edited To Add: I realize that those applying to the position of HSH or HRH will generally be circumspect, on their best behavior, otherwise they most likely will not get the job, lol , whereas those born to HSH/HRH tend to take it for granted, and unfortunately in some cases bad behavior results. This is why I think at 21 yrs. of age those born into royalty/principality should have the c-h-o-i-c-e to abdicate his/her title and live as a commoner, or be stripped of it later on if said royal cannot act in accordance to their position.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

After all the Charlene-bashing, it's refreshing to read a fairly unbiased account of her past and present, and maybe future.

Unless there are any skeletons in the cupboard, it should be plain sailing for her.

In fact, compared with PA and "the Family", she is a paragon of virtue !
Old 08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
After all the Charlene-bashing, it's refreshing to read a fairly unbiased account of her past and present, and maybe future.

Unless there are any skeletons in the cupboard, it should be plain sailing for her.

In fact, compared with PA and "the Family", she is a paragon of virtue !
I wouldn't get carried away. There are skeletons in everybody's closet, and I'm sure Charlene's will eventually emerge. Frankly when I look at Chelsea Clinton and her new husband, I see two people in love, totally and completely. I do not see it in Albert and Charlene's eyes. The photos on the dance floor did not portray a newly engaged couple in love by comparison. JMO.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

But I agree with you - we're not really looking at "a newly-engaged couple" !!

These two have been a couple for many years, "without benefit of clergy" so-to-speak. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I sometimes feel that this is a (very pleasant) kind of marriage of convenience, but I can't explain why I feel that. Part of it goes back to Rainier's last year(s) during which PA has had to keep his "friendships" secret, not only from Rainier, but to some extent, from his countrymen and -women. No need to keep it secret from the Vatican - they're old hands at arriving at dodgy accommodations and the like.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
I wouldn't get carried away. There are skeletons in everybody's closet, and I'm sure Charlene's will eventually emerge. Frankly when I look at Chelsea Clinton and her new husband, I see two people in love, totally and completely. I do not see it in Albert and Charlene's eyes. The photos on the dance floor did not portray a newly engaged couple in love by comparison. JMO.
I think it has to do with age hibou. Chelsea and hubby are young-and full of jelly beans.Cher said it best when she spoke the infamous words- apologies in advance for the blatant quotation "it stinks to age"
Their[PA and Cw's] interactions sometimes are as you say not showing the missing link- whatever that is.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

"PARIS Aug 1 (Reuters Life!) - Prince Albert of Monaco, son of the late Hollywood star Grace Kelly, has brought forward his wedding with South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock by six days to avoid a clash with an International Olympic Committee meeting."

You can read more at Monaco's Prince Albert changes wedding date
Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Chelsea clinton is not married with a prince and she will not be a princess, Albert and Charlene are two people in love but in public it is not very decent to kiss the other person. We saw photos where they are kissing when they are in intimitat. They did not need to prove they are loving each other.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Administrator

The wedding date has been changed - for more information check out the following thread:

** Pre Wedding Information for Prince Albert II of Monaco and Miss Charlene Wittstock **
Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent

How very strange that they didn't know the date of the IOC meeting in advance.

Those meetings would have been known in advance for many months, perhaps even years.

I smell a rat...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm sure they did know about the IOC meeting, because you can look it up on the IOC site or even Wikipedia. I follow the IOC, and I knew about the meeting, which is why I thought the choice of the 8th and 9th of July was a bit odd.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Let's hope PA's Diary Secretary doesn't get it in the neck over this....

The excuse about it being CW's first visit to South Africa sounds a bit lame.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I haven't heard about that excuse?

The meeting is in Durban yes, so I presume Albert is going to go on a honeymoon after this meeting, because they both deserve something like that.

This meeting was chosen nearly 2 years ago if i'm correct.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Aristocracy

I remember reading 2 years ago in some european mag that someone in the palce leaked the preparations were on the way for their wedding that would take place in the summer. My whole theory is that it is true, she has been in "training" for the last 2 years or so. Look, who's to say what their relationship is love, business, an understanding who knows but them. We could speculate and speculate via photos and such, for me, it's fun just to watch this dance.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Nobility

The Palace website confirms:Prince’s Palace of Monaco - Weddind of the Prince Albert II : change in the date

there were 2 different reactions in my head right away:

1. "OH COOL! Two days after my birthday!"
2. "Hi. WHAT?!"
Honestly, I think whoever was responsible for setting the original date didn’t realize that the IOC meeting was also that weekend, and when PA and Charlene actually had a chance to look at their own schedules, THEY realized it and demanded the change.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Does that mean that Prince Albert will interrupt his honeymoon to attend the IOC meeting ?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Changing the wedding date this early in the game doesnt seem that odd, but a wedding mass on a Sunday does seem a bit odd. Couldnt they do the civil ceremony on Friday or even Saturday morning and have the wedding mass on the Saturday afternoon?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Does that mean that Prince Albert will interrupt his honeymoon to attend the IOC meeting ?
Probably not-they'll probably go after the meeting, rather than going away right away.

Closed Thread