The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
I went when the Swedish reporter deliverd a present and it turned out not to be something related to the couple but a plate with Victoria and Daniel on it

I agree that it was a very low point in the interview ...

Here is a link for the interview :
Interview with Prince Albert and Charlene for the upcoming wedding.

Old 06-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

An Ard Ri - Monaco should consider themselves lucky not to have to suffer the "canicule" (dog days / exceptional heat). Some parts of France are already afflicted with it....

Canicule - Mot du Jour - Learn a French Word a Day

Old 06-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
An Ard Ri - Monaco should consider themselves lucky not to have to suffer the "canicule" (dog days / exceptional heat). Some parts of France are already afflicted with it....

Canicule - Mot du Jour - Learn a French Word a Day
Thats true,but I believe its due to get a bit cooler over the next few days,which might explain the forecast for Monaco.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Other sites of meteo give other weather times, it will be less hot than to day, it was 32 at Grenoble , the channel of meteo on the tv give max 25 min 20, other sites give max 27 min 20,this week monday and thuersday we will have orages and rain on our land but the extremity of France, south of the France will have cloudy day with wind (mistral). Friday and Saturday they say that there will be sunny days.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Monaco Info:

The photos of the Princely Wedding will be exhibited in Monaco from July 11th to September 11th.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Aristocracy

Where to watch

What television stations are going to be showing both ceremonies. And what is the time difference between Monoco and Texas.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
What television stations are going to be showing both ceremonies. And what is the time difference between Monoco and Texas.
None (to my knowledge). You going to have to be happy to get it through the internet (in the US) at Consulate General of Monaco. CNN/Fox may have snippets. The time difference is 8 hours...so I'd recommend tuning in at 8 AM - Texas time.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

the official site of the wedding of monaco on face book says that the religious wedding could be seen in live on the palace site(look at the site)
Old 06-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Olivier Vernet is the organist of the Cathédrale de Monaco.
He's playing the organ for the wedding.
The music is still under wraps...

"Grand orgue, grand organiste, grandes émotions..."

He has eighty CDs to his name, and he is issuing a set of six CDs for the bicentenary of the birth of Franz Liszt.

Olivier Vernet, l
Old 06-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Philiipe and Princess Mathilde will attended was confirmed today:
Article
Filip met jetlag naar Monaco - Google translate

Previously it was also confirmed king Albert and Queen Paola would be present
Article
Koningspaar uitgenodigd op trouwfeest van Albert van Monaco - Google Translate
Old 06-27-2011, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Article

Article
So its just the Duke & Duchess of Brabant & not all four?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Civil Ceremony:

Philippe Narmino is the Director of Judiciary Services.
He will be the Registrar for the A & C Wedding.

There is a good picture of him:

http://www.monacohebdo.mc/4154-les-a...nt-pas-disparu
Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma View Post
I agree that it was a very low point in the interview ...

Here is a link for the interview :
Interview with Prince Albert and Charlene for the upcoming wedding.

LOL, this was too funny, that's what I love about this board, you never know what you're gonna get. As Forrest Gump's mama would say "life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get". Too true!

Btw, I'm most interested in the Belgium Royal Family, I was under the impression from a post a while back that Albert said the entire family would be there, thus I just figured that included everyone. Lol, wishful thinking on my part.

And now with 4 days left there's still no official guest list, which makes me think they want it to be a SURPRISE! until the very last minute (i.e. the very day of the wedding)...
Old 06-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

According to "Hola" no member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding of Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

Google Traduttore
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Regarding the British representation at this wedding, I am not surprised the Prince William and Catherine were not going, simply because Albert and Charlene have developed a friendship with the Earl and Countess of Wessex, who are going to be the British representative. I think Charlene and Albert would rather have Edward and Sophie, a couple who they know and have met before (they also met at the Grace Kelly Exhibition last year), so I think Edward and Sophie are fair representatives. They often attend the weddings of foreign Royal Families. They also attended Victoria and Daniel's, much to everyone's shock as people felt they weren' "superior" enough, as Victoria is the heir apparent; however once again I believe Victoria wanted them there as she knew them on a personal level.

"The royal contigent will include the Earl and Countess of Wessex, to whom Charlene has formed a special attachment.

Source: Here.

I can't wait to see Charlene's dress, I expect she'll look absolutely stunning.

Once again, King Juan Carlos of Spain is listed in this article as Albert's godfather(just as he was in a Tatler article a few months ago)

When I pointed this out, I was informed that I was wrong. I know that Victoria-Eugenie is/was Albert's godmother, but perhaps King J-C is his godfather?
Old 06-27-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
According to "Hola" no member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the wedding of Albert of Monaco and Charlene Wittstock

Ningún miembro de la Familia Real española asistirá a la boda de Albe | Noticias hola.com

Google Traduttore
What?

This is very strange
Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

If indeed NO member of the Spanish Royal Family attends this wedding of a reigning Catholic sovereign, then it would be quite inexplicable and a snub of major proportions.

The late Queen Victoria Eugenia was Prince Albert's godmother, relations between the Borbons and the Grimaldis remained friendly even at a time when most European Royals tended to ignore them, and various Grimaldis attended Prince Felipe's wedding... which makes this decision not to send a single representative all the more surprising, to put it very mildly.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Once again, King Juan Carlos of Spain is listed in this article as Albert's godfather(just as he was in a Tatler article a few months ago)

When I pointed this out, I was informed that I was wrong. I know that Victoria-Eugenie is/was Albert's godmother, but perhaps King J-C is his godfather?
Once again the press took information from an article that was incorrect like saying Charlene was a school teacher when she wasn't and it was repeated in article after article. His godfather was Prince Louis de Polignac.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Administrator

It's not surprising that internet mistakes are persistent and get copied again and again.

Moonmaiden23, I also still remain sure that it's been Prince Louis de Polignac
Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Article

Article
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
So its just the Duke & Duchess of Brabant & not all four?
No, it is all 4 of them.

Closed Thread