PA2 & The Environment: Flash or Substance?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if he has installed some sort of energy saving or sustainable efforts in the palace?

It has a V8 thermic engine, and 445 HP.

The car is being converted at a secret location.

The conversion will take two thousand hours.

Is this just PA treating himself to another toy, or would the Lexus really make a positive difference to the environment?

The conversion adds security and a LOT of weight. That's the reason the vehicle needs 445 HP. To his credit, PA prefers this to a Mercedes-Benz (or whatever) that is not electric. From my reading about this vehicle, the electric will kick in on the highway (not as much power is required), and the V8 kicks in when needed (acceleration).

There are relevant links in the Prince Albert Foundation thread.

For instance, he has had solar panels fitted at the Foundation's headquarters in Monaco.

Ah, I love reading about Albert's commitment to the environment, he doesn't just talk, he does, and it shows in his actions! :cool: Reminds me of Prince Charles in this way, I admire them both in this aspect. :)

Is there any mileage in merging the two threads "Flash or substance" and "Prince Albert Foundation" ??

Is there any mileage in merging the two threads "Flash or substance" and "Prince Albert Foundation" ??

Probably not. The "Flash or substance" thead was started before the PAF was established.

That's okay - I wouldn't know how to merge threads, anyway :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom