The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that donation is very generous and hopefully it will be used wisely.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The exhibition "Les Glaces Polaires pour les générations futures" at the Musée Océanographique de Monaco finishes on Monday November 10th.

The Eco-Art-Parade 2009 finishes on October 8th; it's been going since the Tour de France, and all profits go to the Fondation Albert II de Monaco.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Derwesten.de is reporting about a visit of Prince Albert II in Bochum (Germany).

Google Übersetzer
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Aristocracy

An interesting article, With environmental change, Monaco has it easier, was written by Robert Monroe (editor of UCSD's Scripps Institution of Oceanography Explorations online magazine).

"The prince, who will be in San Diego Oct. 23 to accept the Roger Revelle Prize at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, can afford to focus on real problems. He was a major patron, for instance, of last year's Monaco Declaration, a statement signed by several of the world's leading scientists that detailed the very real threat to the world's oceans being caused by excessive uptake of carbon dioxide. That carbon dioxide converts to an acid in the oceans and the lowered pH is enough to disrupt the growth of a wide variety of marine organisms, including ones we rely on as food and ones that support the rest of the food web."
Old 10-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

A very interesting contribution!
The comparison between President Obama's power (or lack of it) and PA's power is also interesting, though I wonder whether PA does not, at least at times, find it hard to convince everyone on the Conseil National of the need for change?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

There is now a thread devoted entirely to the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and its activities and events.

But PA's environmental activities are wide-ranging, well beyond his foundation, and that's where this "Flash or Substance" forum will continue to flag up all his other eco-concerns.

It will be interesting to see how much weight he can bring to bear at the Copenhagen summit on climate change in early December.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

CleanEquity Monaco 2010

CleanEquity Monaco 2010

"CleanEquity Monaco offers optimal commercial and strategic acceleration for emerging cleantech companies by providing exposure to top-level delegates, from the investment, political, industry & media communities."

There are multiple organizations within Monaco that are supporting this conference.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, SM.

Some words from PA's speech which touched me:

"... I have long believed that my role is to testify and to act. In order to bear witness I have travelled to both North and South poles, meeting researchers and drawing attention to the evident effects of climate change. By way of action, in 2006 I created the foundation that bears my name..........
......It is now universally accepted that as human beings we live on a small, fragile planet with finite resources, and we must all act together to stop the damage being done, and repair our delicate global system....."
Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this interview hasn't been posted...

He is so nice. And he really seems to care about evironment. I love his american accent!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Good news for the Musée Océanographique !

Not only is the Museum already one of the three most visited sites in Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur (PACA).....

....it is also getting a facelift, in time for its hundredth birthday in April 2010.

The Museum will initially receive 2 million euro, then 30 million euro over 5 years.

PA will be pleased that the Monegasque government and Conseil National are willing to fund a full restoration of his great-grandfather's creation.

Monaco.maville.com Rocher : le musée revit !
Old 11-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Nobility

Thanks for posting that interview. Speaking as someone who is rather reluctant/skeptical about the recent "green" popular trend, the sort of fashionable environmentalism alot of people are cashing in on, Albert II speaks with the most authority for me because he has followed the principle of "go thyself" with his expeditions, studying the matter and seen it for himself as well as putting his money where his mouth is rather than advocating "green" industries that he would profit from. He seems very sincere in his concern and I really like his attitude of following in the footsteps of the first Prince Albert of Monaco who was quite an individual himself.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

More news from Nice-matin about the refurbishment of the Oceanographic Museum - I didn't realise how huge a space it is!

Monaco.maville.com Les spectaculaires travaux du musée océanographique
Old 12-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The official Christmas and New Year programme of the Oceanographic Museum, involving touching and feeding the creatures from the sea:

http://www.presse.gouv.mc/304/wwwnew...enDocument&2FR
Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

An interesting video clip from Monaco Telecom about the new electric cars - in red-and-white livery of course!

Portail info Monaco et actualité de Monte Carlo et Monaco
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Red face Glistening Seas

Say, those smart cars are really cute! Lets hope they work as good as they look. Monaco weather is ideal for these smart cars, do you suppose! Does anyone know how many miles to the gallon in one of these cars.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Yes they are cute. Some day I'm sure they'll grow up to be big and strong.

I believe they are electric. I've never seen a bucket of electricity, so the gas mileage is likely to be quite high.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The United Nations have declared 2010 as the International Year of Biodiversity.
Its objective is to mobilise everyone on behalf of all the forms of life and their richness and fragility.

Monaco has already thrown itself into action - the Principality, the Princely Government, the Foundation Prince Albert II, the Oceanographic Institute and the Albert 1er Foundation.

One of the projects is the creation of new artificial reefs in the coastal waters of Monaco. This and other projects will be brought forward via an "Ordonnance Souveraine", a special decree.

2010 : Monaco s'engage pour la biodiversité | Portail info Monaco
Old 02-16-2010, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Another "scoop" for PA on the topic of the red tuna (thon rouge) !!

All Monegasque restaurants had already banned the red tuna from their menus and kitchens.

Now Monaco's powerful next door neighbour, the French Republic, has rallied to Monaco's cause. The French Minister of Ecology, Jean-Louis Borloo, announced yesterday that France may, over a period of 18 months, phase out the consumption of red tuna.

The next CITES meeting at Doha (Qatar) will take place between March 13th - 25th, when there will be an international vote on the subject.

For the record, Monaco has been a member of CITES since 1978, long before ecology became "fashionable".

May 22nd is the International Day for Biological Diversity.

CITES CoP15

Monaco.maville.com Tous les restos jouent la carte écolo
Old 02-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

A short film from the monaco.mc (Monaco Telecom) website, showing the Principality's special fleet of environmentally sound cars

Portail info Monaco et actualité de Monte Carlo et Monaco
Old 02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Talking Glisteing Seas

Love the variety they have in that site and the cars as well. It seems they have added some things to the site! Quite a lot of good things going on there