The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Tiaraprin, I agree with you. O.C. and Grace were long over before Albert was born. Her family meant the world to her - I doubt if Grace would risk her marriage and losing custody of Caroline (since her marriage contract states that any children born in the marriage will go to Rainier in the event of a divorce) then. Besides, like I said earlier, she was chaperoned all the time - no chance of her playing around even with an old flame.
Thanks for the vote of confidence Monica. In my mind, there is just no possible way that Albert is not Rainier's. AND IF Albert WAS NOT Rainier's child, do you think he would let the charade go on?? HECK NO!! He would have had his marriage annulled on the grounds of adultery and Grace would have been exiled from Monaco. Grace knew her husband and knew the consequences of any wrong doing. Also, Grace would not embarrass her ultra Catholic family either. Her father would have had an apoplectic fit if she had a child not conceived in holy matrimony!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Monica17 and MacAlpine for the details I didn't know :)
I bet that courtier, friend of Ranier' ex-girlfriend could play one of the main part in the court' backstairs. Grace could feel herself at her own Palace not only as a guest, but sooner like on the minefield :( I wonder how long that miserable period lasted? Up to her children birth?
...I would say that in this case Mary Donaldson looks a lucky girl, she got a very warm and enthusiastic welcome...

As to resemblance Albert to his parents, I think it's evident that Albert is a copy of Grace without make up. Besides, he and his sisters have a lot of in common, their bones structure, trunks, bellies and even lines on the neck are similar. Just genes of Grace and Ranier decided to play funny, mix wildly and masculinized Steph' and feminized Albert' appearance.
When Grace said "yes" to Ranier' proposal she opened the door leading to her Destiny and closed the door to the Past. An old flame is an old flame, but being a believer she knew that children must be only from husband

Old 08-10-2005, 05:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
While people say he looks like his mother I can testify he has the genes of Rainier. Take a look at photo's of Prince Edward and Albert you will see the similarities they are cousins http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...achmentid=5793 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5792
The Associated Press. Compare those

I never knew that prince edwards was cousin with Prince Albert??
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up

:o :o Here in the netherlands ther are lots of descendants of Prince Hendrik. ( father of princess Juliana) He fooled around in Apeldoorn, Nunspeet en Elspeet. In the past it was not uncommen that royalty had childeren outside of marriage with different partners.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
Oh, c'mon, that doesn't seem likely, does it? Albert resembles his mother and paternal grandfather, Prince Pierre. While he doesn't resemble Rainier, he doesn't resemble Oleg Cassini either.

Besides, Princess Grace's affair with Cassini ended well before she accepted Rainier's proposal. In fact, she called on him to say farewell and to tell him (quote), "I have made my destiny". It was the last time they saw each other. They knew what's been happening in each other's life but only through mutual friends, no direct communication whatsoever. Cassini said so himself. During the early part of the marriage to Rainier, Grace wasn't allowed to go out on her own. A courtier (Tiv or Madge?) had to accompany her all the time. I doubt the courtier covered up for Grace at any point. She was part of the palace staff who disliked Grace and who liked to see Grace in trouble or committing some protocol faux pas.
Perhaps Albert is Oleg Cassini's father but I could be wrong! Only time and DNA testing of Albert, Oleg and the stuff Oleg designed will tell but I could be wrong about that too.

David
Old 08-10-2005, 08:52 AM
Aristocracy

I never noticed until someone on another board pointed out that Albert actually resembles Elton John very much. Especially the times that Albert is more "pudgy". I think, like Aquamarine pointed out, it's his sort of feminine look, which becomes more pronounced with more weight.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

It seems as though the issue of "Paternity" is always an issue with this family lol :)
Old 08-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Courtier

I think its a load of old rubbish the whole thing,
Old 08-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Commoner

Question

You're saying you thought stephanie's son Louis was Albert's?? Louis & Pauline look exactly like Albert with the protruding foreheads & receding hairline he has. But, Camille doesn't. And Albert is "godFather" of Louis & Pauline, NOT of Camille. But, THAT'S Another thread for another time.******************************************
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
What's the hmmm for? Maybe I can answer it for you or someone else. I know Albert I questioned if Louis was his son due to the fact he didn't look like the Grimaldis. So there was Louis that didn't and now Albert. Alexandre is adorable but he is a perfect example that even when genes are the same you don't always look like the family. They pick up looks from another side and from the past. Most of the time the darker features will dominate except for example the case of Michael Jackson's children they are very white looking as if both parents were white. Prince Michael is a very cute blonde 8 yo. Michael has white in his ancestory.

As far as removing Glatt's book there is some good information in it you need to go through all sources. In my opinion he wrote with the intention of digging up dirty details if he could find them or imply the worst. Scandal sells more then the good stuff when it comes to Royal's and the rich and famous that's a fact. And also welcome.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casira_Azul
You're saying you thought stephanie's son Louis was Albert's?? Louis & Pauline look exactly like Albert with the protruding foreheads & receding hairline he has. But, Camille doesn't. And Albert is "godFather" of Louis & Pauline, NOT of Camille. But, THAT'S Another thread for another time.******************************************
NO, I said
Quote:
I know Albert I questioned if Louis was his son due to the fact he didn't look like the Grimaldis. So there was Louis that didn't and now Albert.
Albert I is the father of Louis and is Rainier's grandfather we are talking about Albert II. Now that you mention it I hadn't thought of comparing Steph's children to the smiliarities to the other side she nor her sisiter got.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I agree that when Louis was a bit younger, he was a clone of Albert, but at the coronation, I thought he is beginning to look like his father, like Daniel. You can see it in his mouth, and his teeth, and the eyes too. But he still looks somewhat like Albert. Point is, I think he is Daniel Ducruet's son, nonetheless.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Serene Highness

I don't understand how Grace could be running off to see Oleg when she had just had Caroline & was recovering. Anyone who's had children knows the last thing on your mind is an affair. Caroline and albert are only about a year apart in age aren't they? Also Rainier is a proud man, if he ever suspected & you'd be sure he'd find out the truth eventually Albert would have never succeded him, Caroline would have.:o
This is just a quick way to make a buck!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I agree that when Louis was a bit younger, he was a clone of Albert, but at the coronation, I thought he is beginning to look like his father, like Daniel. You can see it in his mouth, and his teeth, and the eyes too. But he still looks somewhat like Albert. Point is, I think he is Daniel Ducruet's son, nonetheless.
Daniel is Louis father. This is how trouble starts and innocent people are hurt by gossip caused by misunderstanding. I was clear I wasn't talking about Albert II but had Albert I to clarify the difference.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It seems to me that this issue is a little bit getting out of control.
In the Louis-yahoo group someone posted a poll which questions Louis ( Stephanie's son ) to be Albert's son which would mean...well you all know what this would mean. And it is completely disgusting.
These runors ( as Lady M'Alpine already said) damage peoples souls.
I hope it is cleared now.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Aristocracy

How distressing to think that people are writing these type of posts. It gives a whole new meaning to malicious gossip.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Aristocracy

There is not doubt in my mind; Albert II is Rainier’s son 100%! This family has become very popular. Magazines, tabloids and new printed books are targeting them because of profitable sales. Enquiring minds want to know all the details about them so authors and journalists will write anything interesting whether it is accurate or not. Sometimes, you have to filter out the fact from the fiction when reading these articles.

By the way, how did the comments of Albert I being father of Louis get confused with Albert II being the father of Louis, Stephanie’s son? Did I read this correctly? I could never fathom incest among the Grimaldi children.

There are times when comments are made and taken out of contents, I am sure this is what happened here. Maybe it is a good idea to “squash” this topic.

Are we becoming bored with the Grimaldi family, good topics are becoming scarce lately…is something wrong?

This is only my opinion…:)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynda

By the way, how did the comments of Albert I being father of Louis get confused with Albert II being the father of Louis, Stephanie’s son? Did I read this correctly? I could never fathom incest among the Grimaldi children.

:)
It wasn't us who inveted it.
Casira said somithing ambiguous there ( see my previuos post - I quoted her)
...or I misunderstood it and the poll question was:' Louis is Alberts other 'love-child' ? or something ( on the yahoo group - I deleted the poll - not acceptable )

I think we'll drop this here !
Old 08-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Royal Highness

how is Prince Edward related to Prince Albert?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Oleg only wishes!
Old 08-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
how is Prince Edward related to Prince Albert?
The current Grimaldis are descendants of Prince Albert I (1848-1922) who was married to Lady Mary Douglas-Hamilton, daughter of the 11th Duke of Hamilton. They married in 1869. This marriage was declared invalid in 1880. (This is one of those supposedly cursed marriages.) Prince Albert is this Albert's g-g-grandfather.

The Hamiltons are ancestors of the Queen through her Bowes-Lyon side.