Official presentation of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella: January 7, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always wonder--we often hear about how small Monaco is and how everyone knows each other, the rumor mills from the Grace days, etc.

Also, whenever the princely family makes a balcony appearance, it looks as if they are sometimes waving and looking out for people they intimately know. Plus, Charlene hugged so many in the square.

I wonder, think they are seeing friends when they are on the balcony? Think they actually know many of the Monegasque?

Of course they are seeing known faces on the balcony. Monaco is a very small place. There are only 5.000 real monegasques plus ca. 25.000 foreigners having residence in the principality. The monegasques got a national holiday and were able to go to the Palais Princier and cheer the family.

These are such great pics. I'm intending no snark here. One of the dearest things is how obvious it is Charlene is a first time Mom, while Albert is far more relaxed holding the babies. It was the first thing I noticed and tickled me!

I doubt they know everyone living in Monaco, but I am guessing they know most of them. When Grace became princess, they invited each family (not sure if that included non citizen families) to the palace for dinner. She said that some of the people were a little overwhelmed. I wonder if they are doing something similar with Charlene.

I think most of the people living on Le Rocher are the old Monagasque families and they probably know all of them by name as they are their neighbors. Albert and his siblings all grew up in Monaco and went to public schools, church, girl scouts, etc there so they would know many people well. I wonder how well the Casiraghis know people since they grew up in France. They did spend summers and holidays in Monaco.

The whole family does seem to make an effort to be out and about in Monaco. They are certainly more available to the public than politicians and royalty in much larger countries. That is part of the charm of Monaco.

Oh, Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella are so adorable! :wub:

I like how the released more photos where we can see the twins from a better angle. Princess Charlene appears to be a very caring and attentive mother. I remember reading an interview with Princess Charlene, where she said "children make me melt", or something along those lines, so I guess she feels very comfortable and at ease with children and babies. Prince Albert appeared to be less comfortable with Prince Jacques, but perhaps that's just me.

I thought it was nice how the rest of the family were at the twin's balcony presentation as I originally thought it was just going to be Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and the twins. It was also nice to let Gad and Charlene's brother make a balcony appearance. I think this is the first time Gad has been on the Palace's balcony. I noticed that Camille was on her phone for some of the balcony presentation, which I thought was a little bad, as it was a public event where she would expect to be photographed. It reminds me of the time Queen Rania of Jordan went on her phone during CP Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden's wedding in 2010.

It's also nice how most people in Monaco are quite close to each other, given the fact that it's a small place. I love the photo of Princess Charlene hugging the little girl, it does seem as if they have some sort of connection as IMO she was hugging her how one would hug a friend's child. She also hugged a man in the crowds very warmly, I noticed.

Last edited:
I doubt they know everyone living in Monaco, but I am guessing they know most of them. When Grace became princess, they invited each family (not sure if that included non citizen families) to the palace for dinner. She said that some of the people were a little overwhelmed. I wonder if they are doing something similar with Charlene.

I think most of the people living on Le Rocher are the old Monagasque families and they probably know all of them by name as they are their neighbors. Albert and his siblings all grew up in Monaco and went to public schools, church, girl scouts, etc there so they would know many people well. I wonder how well the Casiraghis know people since they grew up in France. They did spend summers and holidays in Monaco.

The whole family does seem to make an effort to be out and about in Monaco. They are certainly more available to the public than politicians and royalty in much larger countries. That is part of the charm of Monaco.

Plus Charlene has been living for many years in Monaco ... prior to the marriage. Surely she met many people during this time.

there are also the résidents who live in Monaco and who are more numerous than the native people. but they like the princely family , they celebrated also the births of the twins when they were boen on december 10th. Albert knows also a lot of them. they were also present on the place of the palace.

I like the photos released by the palace, they are very nice, Albert is also very happy , proud and at ease when he is holding prince Jacques, but it is my own opinion.

These are such great pics. I'm intending no snark here. One of the dearest things is how obvious it is eCharlene is a first time Mom, while Albert is far more relaxed holding the babies. It was the first thing I noticed and tickled m!

That's the FIRST thing I noticed too! Charlene gazes at her infants with wonder and awe. Albert is happy but relaxed. Those photos are simply beautiful:p!

Lovely pictures! Charlene should now be allowed to go off and enjoy her maternity leave in peace whilst we look forward to the christening:baby::baby:

Sorry for spoiling the moment, but...When looking at those photos, I'm wondering why Albert got married in his late 50s? He could be easliy the grandad of those little ones...Well, congratulations, anyway.

I saw a priest near the family, is he part of the family Kelly or only a friend?

Does anybody know him?

A short vidoe of Charlene and Albert among the people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xKcFTyooz4

On the video I already posted

We see and hear that Charlene is speaking a lot french when the people speaks to her in french and in English when the people are speaking in English

This evening , there was a documentary about the presentation of the babies to the principality ' we heard Prince Albert speaking in English to people in the crown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Rainier had to approve PA's marriage. Albert waited for his father to die so he could choose whoever he wanted. His sisters got pregnant. Then the Catholic church pressured Rainier to approve their marriages. To a lesser degree, you could also see some infighting going on when Prince William and Princess Victoria wanted to get married (to others). It's a power and control battle between the rulers and the heirs. To me it is a human rights violation and should be banned.

I saw all the ceremony , Princess charlene answered thank you in English when the people spoke to her in English and answered in french when the people spoke to her in french, in Monaco, there are a lot of résidents whose language is English , it is why Albert announced the births of the babies in french and in English, it is also why the proclamation was in french and English and on the place of the palace there were also a lot of résidents whose language is english.

During all the meeting of the people of Monaco, Charlene spoke with people of Monaco , she huged and kissed the people, she was very ease with the old people who were waiting her at the end of the meeting , we saw a lot of persons who wanted to shake her hand and Charlene huged a lot of the old persons, for them no matter , she does not speak well french, she was natural and ease with them.

At the end of this 'meeting with the people of Monaco, we saw that she was tired but she was always kind and smiling with the persons , she was just recuperating of the cesarian , which took place only 4 weeks ago. I found very nice whe went out of the palace with Albert to meet and thank the people who was on the place of the palace and this gesture of Albert and Charlene went to the heart of the people

A photo i like a lot

https://www.facebook.com/palaismona...6449344700945/957877597558113/?type=1&theater

A resume of the presentation of the babies, in it , there are 2 old persons who are moved to the tears a very moving event for them.

Présentation des Enfants Princiers à la population / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Thank you for sharing this information regarding Charlene using English during the video. I'd not realized their were so many residents who spoke English there.

In a recent interview for Dutch television (in the framework of his visit to the King and Queen) with an absolutely 100% perfectly fluent and beautiful French speaking interviewer, Prince Albert requested the interviewer to do it in English because he has "a stammer when speaking French"...

:ermm:

Thank you for sharing this information regarding Charlene using English during the video. I'd not realized their were so many residents who spoke English there.

There are only around 5.000 real monegasques. The rest, around 25.000 "residents" (many only have a registraton of domicily in the principality to escape taxes in their homeland) are foreigners. And of course the daily flood of tourists. No wonder English is very dominant in Monte-Carlo.

:flowers:

Sorry for spoiling the moment, but...When looking at those photos, I'm wondering why Albert got married in his late 50s? He could be easliy the grandad of those little ones...Well, congratulations, anyway.

Because he did not meet Mrs Right so far?

In a recent interview for Dutch television (in the framework of his visit to the King and Queen) with an absolutely 100% perfectly fluent and beautiful French speaking interviewer, Prince Albert requested the interviewer to do it in English because he has "a stammer when speaking French"...

:ermm:

There are all sorts of psychological reasons why this might be the case, if so, I am sure it is painful for him and surely not something to criticize.:flowers:

There are all sorts of psychological reasons why this might be the case, if so, I am sure it is painful for him and surely not something to criticize.:flowers:
Surely not to criticize, it is a real problem for a lot of people, and even a bigger problem when your position obliges you to talk in public !:eek:

Prince Jacques bears a strong resemblance, even at this young age, to Princess Charlene

Prince Jacques bears a strong resemblance, even at this young age, to Princess Charlene

I have no idea who is Prince Jacques and who is Princess Gabriella, I have no idea what their hair colour or their facial structures will be, they are still formless, wrinkled creatures whom are -in my male eyes- interchangeable for each other. It is clear they will not be identical twins so it will be interesting how they will develop.

I am very late to this, these pictures are very warm and natural, for any royal house, let alone Monaco. Charlene and Albert look genuinely happy and relieved. Charlene is very good with children, I have no doubt that she will be a great mother and the kids will rely a lot on her, with Albert a lot older. Whatever was going on before there, they look at peace now with themselves.

I too am late to this thread, but it's great to see the whole family together celebrating this important day in the Grimaldi family and of course especially the proud parents. I think Charlene looks pretty wonderful with her new fringe and I love her outfit - Albert looks pretty good too. The turn out outside the Palais is lovely to see - Monagasques are clearly in a mood to celebrate.

I completely agree, I saw the resemblance immediately. And I also think Gabriella bears a striking resemblance to Albert.

Where did you see a pic of Jacques face, I could only see gabriella

I was referring to the photos of the twins that were released before they left the hospital-you could see both -their faces clearly.

I too am late to this thread, but it's great to see the whole family together celebrating this important day in the Grimaldi family and of course especially the proud parents. I think Charlene looks pretty wonderful with her new fringe and I love her outfit - Albert looks pretty good too. The turn out outside the Palais is lovely to see - Monagasques are clearly in a mood to celebrate.

The monegasques were given a national holiday («férié pour l’en­semble des personnes travaillant à Monaco»). When a village or small city has something to celebrate, one may expect the same turnout. When it is Quatorze Juillet in my small town, then the whole square is packed too for the usual Fête.

Last edited:
With this video

Présentation des Enfants Princiers à la population / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

It is not because the monégasques were given a national Holiday that they were many on the place of the palace, at the national day and also at the fest of Sainte Devote day, they have also an Holiday day, they are not so many people.
The day of the presentation of the princes was very important for them, they came with flags , ballons and so. For them it is a continuity of the principauty and the dynastie of the Grimaldi, a lot were moved beause they have waited a so long time to see this this ceremony one day.

Of course, but when the monegasques were expected just to go to work or to school... they had to take a day off from work. Now they were given a (paid) free day. You will understand the difference...

The mongasques may stayed at home and only watched the cermony at the TV, but they came to this presentation because it was very important for them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6CAm6-VetI
They explain why they are here, One person very moved said 'you cannot imagine the joy we have when the babies are born.
An another person whith the photo of Princess Grace with Albert baby said, they are the future of Monaco but I am sorry that the former princely couple could not see this event, one other person said : it was very important my child could see our future prince sovereign , an another person says that there will be a future prince Jacques and a princess Gabriella who will be very beautiful as her mother.

A blog where the babies Jacques and Gabriella are well seen

PREMIÈRES PHOTOS OFFICIELLES DU PRINCE JACQUES ET LA PRINCESSE GABRIELLA DE MONACO - PRINCESS MONARCHY

I can't believe sometimes what I read here,and this is one of those moments.I assume we are all adults but yet some of have resorted to calling babies ugly.These most unnecessary comments and the replies will be removed and I hope we don't stoop to this low level again.

Last edited:
The presentation of the twins was a special occasion for the whole of Monaco, and especially the proud parents. The support of the people on the day must've been a heart warming experience for the couple. Thanks to all, especially melina p, for posting all the wonderful pictures and videos!

We are looking forward to seeing them grow and develop, together with their cousins and other youngsters in the family.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I completely agree, I saw the resemblance immediately. And I also think Gabriella bears a striking resemblance to Albert.

Jacques is Charlene's image in those pictures and this is from someone who usually can't see resemblances in newborns. I can't tell who PG looks like but she looks different to her brother.

Back
Top Bottom