Official journey to Japan, October 27 - November 1, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock are on an official journey to Japan
from October 27 till November 1, 2010. Source and agenda.

Prince Albert attended a dinner reception hosted by Japan's Environment
Minister Ryu Matsumoto for the high-level ministeral segment of the 10th
Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP10)
in Nagoya, central Japan October 27, 2010.

** Pic **

Last edited:
On the webside of "Royal Riviera Monaci", it is said that Charlene Wittstock will be with him and on november 1th, they will visite the empress of Japan.

Looks like a mutual visit - PA hosted Princess Hitachi on July 13th, 2010, at the art exhibition "Kyoto-Tokyo".

Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock attend an event entitled "Monaco and
Marine Protected Areas" on the sidelines of the 10th Conference of the Parties
to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP10) in Nagoya, central Japan
October 28, 2010. Senior officials from nearly 200 countries are meeting the
city of Nagoya to set new goals for 2020 to fight animal and plant extinctions
after they missed a goal for a "significant reduction" in losses of biological
diversity by 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** daylife **

Well he has lost a lot of weight... love does that usually !

The small pins they are wearing look alike, although his has a red stone and hers looks yellow. Is this some sort of event symbol? Anyone know?

Mmm...again, the attempting to make her look like Grace...but she looks more like a widow..
Albert does look good though.
The best of this: the cause.

It's nice to see her out and about again, i like the pearls.

It is first so high profile event abroad--since their engagement-- that Albert takes Charlene.:neutral:
IMO Albert did not lose weight, it is his tailored suit that does a miracle. :glare:

I am confused on what Charlene is supposed to wear as so not to appear Grace like.

She is a tall blonde. As Grace was a somewhat famous model, an Academy Award winning actress and a style icon as a Princess...is there anything that she hadn't done or worn prior to her death? There is always going to be a Grace comparison for Charlene. There isn't a color or jewel that Charlene hasn't worn in the past --- that hasn't been done by Grace before. Perhaps she should dye her hair?? Is Grace the only woman to have worn some of the dresses that she wore? Maybe instead of trying to be Grace...she just happens to like the same things as Grace. I personally, like the classic style of dress that Grace wore ---- am I trying to be like her?

I for one, think that Charlene should allow her hair to grow. But other than that, she looks nice. I think its somewhat weird to bring a fiancee on a foreign tour...I don't recall that being done for any other royal house....but those Grimaldi's....always trendsetters.

Last edited:
CW is not smiling in any pictures. Why they trying to make CW look like PG.

Zonk, I agree with you about CW - whatever she'll wear or not wear, someone will be commenting on her clothing, hairstyle, etc.

But it's not her fault that she is a tall blonde. She tries to fit in with PA's lifestyle, and, much of the time, she succeeds in that endeavour.

The "Grace" issue will always be there, and both PA and CW are well used to it being referred to. It's the public that has the problem, not the two of them.

Actually, there is one aspect which connects the two women: both have made a home in Monaco after having made a long journey to settle in Monaco. Grace did experience hostility when she arrived and married her Prince, and so does/did Charlene. Both had/have issues about not speaking French well enough.

The detractors can be won over in time, but the lack of speaking the two main languages of the community (French and Monegasque) can't be fixed in a hurry, and it can present a strong, but not permanent barrier.

Last edited:

Prince Albert, Princess Takamado and Charlene Wittstock attended the BirdLife
International gala dinner in Tokyo, Japan, Friday, October 29, 2010.

BirdLife is an international organization for the protection of birds, their habitats
and global biodiversity conservation with headquarters in Cambridge, there are
regional secretariats in all continents. Here's the official site!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife pictures **

I wonder if Grace has still a special meaning for the younger generations in Monaco...

Thanks for the pics! This last dress is nice, but her stare...she is like lost in the last two pics. And in the first one...:ninja:

Beautiful .... yes.... elegant ..... yes ..... but I agree with Nathalie - her stare is disconcerting, to say the least.

Has Charlene a "nose job" done? It seems so ... And I think that´s what has made her stare change a lot ???

Good Morning Ladies:

Charlene always had that far away look, remember she is just accompanying him, it's not about her. She is not asked to speak, or give her opinion, yet. She is just buy his side.

What happened to her face, and to the pretty girl which inhabited that face?

Who made it happen, and why??

She looked so charming and sexy before someone rearranged all that.

Last edited:
Botox, skin resurfacing, nose job, cosmetic dentistry, breast enhancement, i'm sure the list goes on. I do think she looks pretty, now, in some photos. It's very apparent that she does not look like the girl she was 6 years ago. I just hope she doesn't have any more surgery. Did you take a look at her enagement ring, its huge... She wants to be the next Princess of Monaco, she will become the next Princess of Monaco she strikes me as the type of young lady that will stop at nothing to get what she wants.

Remember, she is a competitor, she knows what needs to be done to get the job done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Let's get back to the topic of this thread - thanks!

Classy Charlene!
I like her looks on this journey.

She come a long way baby, give the average girl hope that she can become anything she wants, wouldn't you say.

Nice outfit, it's conservative. She looks good.
The curtesy...she is so tall, that must have hurted! She got a lot far down!

Charlene seems to be pensive and she should be; she is accompanying Prince Albert. If Princess Grace was alive she would have been in her late seventys or eightys and from another era, why Charlene would want to be like Grace?. It would be more fitting to say that Princes Grace daughters and granddaughters should strive to be like her since she was a socalled goddess.

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture of Charlene curtseying: It looks like the outfit Charlotte wore on National Day 2009; complete with brown belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom