The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Do you believe Albert is the father of Jazmin?
Albert is the father of Jazmin 29 32.95%
Albert is not the father of Jazmin 31 35.23%
Don't know/undecided 28 31.82%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I I forgot that Steph's two eldest were born before she married Daniel and didn't know that they were legitimized only when she married him. Wasn't Daniel her bodyguard when they fell in love? lol, I know that's way off topic. sorry!
Thank you, as always for the education.
Yes, he was her bodyguard :p

Old 09-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am perfectly clear on the fact that Alex does not have a claim to the throne, but this fact is because of the 2002 constitutional changes. Prior to that, he would have had a claim, would he not? The only thing is, he was not born before then, so it's a non-issue, not even worth mentioning again.
It is because of 2002's changes that Alex is not, and will never be, an heir to the throne of Monaco, as Albert so plainly stated in that NY Times interview.
What I did not know, however, is that if Nicole married albert, Alex would become legitimate. I forgot that Steph's two eldest were born before she married Daniel and didn't know that they were legitimized only when she married him. Wasn't Daniel her bodyguard when they fell in love? lol, I know that's way off topic. sorry!
Thank you, as always for the education.
You're welcome. Before 2002 no illegitimate child had claim to the Throne of Monaco as is now. The only way one could was by marriage to the mother or adoption. In 2002 adoption was removed meaning the patents have to marry or be married to be eligible. Its the reason if Jazmin had been Albert's child which I believe he is not and not only by his own words do I believe this Tamara's remarks were absurd that Jazmin was heir to the Throne and he and his family were afraid of her and to have the child acknowledged. Common sense told me that from history books before I ever read the Constitution read the next paragraph. For the record the only reason I did read the Constitution of Monaco was to see it was written and did Tamara have any claim in the slightest for her child. I wanted to know if her claim was valued which it is not did she have any loop holes to go in by. The answer was cut and dry all she stood to gain was child support for Jazmin until the age of 18 and with luck he would have paid her college. After he passes away on his death half of his money is divided equally among any children. The other half he can give to a charity it doesn't matter by law you can't disinherit your children.

As a matter of fact no illigitmate children can be heir to any Throne. If you recall in England many centuries ago being Catholics there was dispute over the Throne and who the true heir was when Elizabeth I became Queen. Mary Queen of Scots being a legitimately born Catholic in the eyes of the Church tried to claim the Throne of England due to that reason and Elizabeth not being legitimate in the eyes of the Catholic Church only her father had beheaded and divorced a few wives trying to have a son to be heir. The people supported her and she changed to religion of England from Catholism.

Louis II adopted his own illegitmate daughter Charolette to keep Monaco from reverting to French rule since there was no more heir's. Albert I had a sister however her husband was German and only a citizen of Monaco could be heir. Albert acknowledging Alexandre automatically made him a citizen but in no way his heir even before 2002. I am sure Tamara has also always acknowledged Jazmin in all documents as a citizen of the United States. You would think her attorney would have told her the legalities of the situation before she ever made statements to the press and biographers of the Grimaldi Family. I want to know how she was able to afford a high priced attorney if she was struggling as she claimed.

Old 09-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albert has no reason at all not to acknowledge Jazmin Grimaldi were she in fact his child. His reputation would improve with his honesty about the situation and explanation as to why he had not been able to acknowledge her while his father was alive. He stands to gain more creditably from acknowledgment then loosing as some have put it.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Serene Highness

Another intersting forum on Albert's Illegitimete Children

http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.ph...0&page=1&pp=30
Old 09-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashinka2002
Another intersting forum on Albert's Illegitimete Children
http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.php?p=91339#post91339
...We are much more civil here in TRF than over there!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
...We are much more civil here in TRF than over there!
I didn't read all of the pages there were almost 30 - no time for that, for me at least. I only read one page, the page I read didn't seem so bad. I thought somebody else might be interested. I changed the link so that it starts from the begining of the thread.

http://forums.rbhq.net/showthread.ph...0&page=1&pp=30
Old 09-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Aristocracy

I've seen it get pretty nasty over there a few times. I finally decided nastiness breeds nastiness and it wasn't good for me to be posting there because I would get caught up in the nastiness as well LOL so I haven't lately unless it was just a simple fact like "there's an article at so-and-so".
Old 09-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Serene Highness

I thought there may be some extra information over there that we haven't heard of or intriguing opinions worth debating. Oh well!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
I want to know how she was able to afford a high priced attorney if she was struggling as she claimed.
It's absurd that she'd expect anyone to believe she is struggling, isn't it? With all the money the press has paid her for "the story that shook Monaco"!?
:p
Old 09-14-2005, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
It's absurd that she'd expect anyone to believe she is struggling, isn't it? With all the money the press has paid her for "the story that shook Monaco"!?
:p
To be honest I am not sure she was ever paid for her story. That has never been said that I am aware of. Her story was orginally covered if I am correct going by memory by the normal press and they don't pay for stories only Tabloids.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine
To be honest I am not sure she was ever paid for her story. That has never been said that I am aware of. Her story was orginally covered if I am correct going by memory by the normal press and they don't pay for stories only Tabloids.
In that case, maybe her high-powered attorney represented her for free in exchange for the publicity. Sometimes the big lawyers do that if it's a really high-profile case.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
In that case, maybe her high-powered attorney represented her for free in exchange for the publicity. Sometimes the big lawyers do that if it's a really high-profile case.
I don't know someone had to pay the court costs, filing fee's, process server to track Albert down in NY wasn't cheap first they had to figure he would be there. Tamara didn't seem to have any problems locating where he would be or the funds to get there. Money was coming from somewhere.

I must agree with Warren and Dreed on the other message board they get down right nasty over there. I saw which one Dreed was talking about by reading Warrens post.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

I still don't understand under what law Alex would inherit Albert's money--I never heard of a country where you can't disinherit your children (your spouse, of course).
Old 09-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy80
I still don't understand under what law Alex would inherit Albert's money--I never heard of a country where you can't disinherit your children (your spouse, of course).
Its a French law that Monaco also recognizes. Monaco is a separate state but they do acknowledge French law and are ours on something I read believe it was on taxes, imports I can't recall off the top. It makes for better relations between countries. Monaco is dependent on France for trade routes, tourism, and protection from foreign invasion itself having no army only a Police force.

You can google the information with French Inheritance Law

http://www.prettys.co.uk/filemanager/download/76/Succession%20Guide.doc

http://riviera.angloinfo.com/information/1/wills.asp
Prepared by: Simon Huxford, English solicitor
Gordon S Blair Law Offices
3 rue Louis Aureglia BP 449
MC 98011 Monaco

http://www.europelaw.com/information...nheritance.php
Old 09-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Commoner

I Have to Say!!

I found "the kid" remark rather teling-not my son, not Alexandre "the kid" and while I will give him he may not have meant it the way it came out I think the rest of his remarks lean on the other side that he knew what he was saying.
Case in point:

He said he was "set up"? Well this is the 21st century and condoms are very available and usable-even if she said she was using if you don't want a child you protect yourself.

He speaks of Nicole's attitude yet the article does little to soften his attitude either. We will never know what was really said or promised between these two. I frankly think when all is said and done they are both at fault and being rich and a prince doesn't wash away his culpability anymore than hers.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
I found "the kid" remark rather teling-not my son, not Alexandre "the kid" and while I will give him he may not have meant it the way it came out I think the rest of his remarks lean on the other side that he knew what he was saying.
Case in point:

He said he was "set up"? Well this is the 21st century and condoms are very available and usable-even if she said she was using if you don't want a child you protect yourself.

He speaks of Nicole's attitude yet the article does little to soften his attitude either. We will never know what was really said or promised between these two. I frankly think when all is said and done they are both at fault and being rich and a prince doesn't wash away his culpability anymore than hers.
This is off topic but its never been said a condom wasn't in use it has been assumed since she said she forgot her pill they didn't use one. Ever wonder if she supplied one but there was a hole in it? Remember if you are on the pill as Tamara also said she was you forget one it causes your system to ovulate and you are told to use another form of birth control for 7 days. It would seem both woman forgot to continue to take the pills after the one missed along with the missed one. Most people have had sex education at some point in their life including biology that teaches us about how life is made in different forms. Many don't know sperm lives inside a woman up to 48 hours after the Bank deposit is made.

Taking everything Nicole said in her interviews and looking at the facts based on them I have to say Albert was in fact set up by Nicole in that she had all the signs of jealousy and possibly angry on her part to want to try and trap him to possibly marry her however I think it was far more then that.

If Gabriella gives us permission to also discuss the topic of Nicole and Alexandre in this thread to keep it with the article orginally posted I can try to point out what I am speaking of. As it stands we keep going off the orginal topic. My opinion is the heated arguing has past and all have learned to post nicley as if we are all sitting in a room together like a bunch of gossiping females free of spit balls asking and answering questions on the subject.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

You're right, LadyM, things are SO much more pleasant lately. I've been doing a lot of thinking about how stressed the family gets during/after a death in the family. I'm sure Albert and the rest of his family are still trying to deal with the turmoil and adjustment. I know from past experience as well as just dealing with death this summer how stressed and freaked out I was. I'm sure all of that affects how Albert "comes across" in interviews. He is still in that emotional and trying aftermath besides taking over a job of obviously large proportions. Maybe some of us (meaning myself) judged him too harshly without considering exactly what he's been going through. As always, just my thoughts. :)
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreed777
You're right, LadyM, things are SO much more pleasant lately. I've been doing a lot of thinking about how stressed the family gets during/after a death in the family. I'm sure Albert and the rest of his family are still trying to deal with the turmoil and adjustment. I know from past experience as well as just dealing with death this summer how stressed and freaked out I was. I'm sure all of that affects how Albert "comes across" in interviews. He is still in that emotional and trying aftermath besides taking over a job of obviously large proportions. Maybe some of us (meaning myself) judged him too harshly without considering exactly what he's been going through. As always, just my thoughts. :)
Excellent thoughts though you are beginning to observe the situation from a different perspective.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie
Case in point:

That was very well said and mostly, in principle, I do agree with you. It's a 50,50 situation. It takes two to tango and if Albert is going to have sex with a thousand women, he has to accept that one out of ten, twenty, thirty, whatever might get pregnant. No bc is full proof anyway and it is not always just the woman's fault. Sometimes it is, sure, there are some sneaky women out there, but that's not the rule. If Nicole wanted to "trick" Albert, she could have gone about things very differently. I am surprised by Albert's bad attitude respecting the situation. It would seem that a man with his education and experience might have a more open mind.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

As per the request of one of our members, a new poll has been set up in this thread. Please vote and to keep things interesting, post why you voted which way you did.

Please remember to remain civil when posting. It's perfectly okay to disagree with the opinion of another, as long as it's done so respectfully. Remember that everyone else's opinion is just as valid as yours. Thanks and happy posting. :)