Jazmin Rotolo (Grimaldi) Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you believe Albert is the father of Jazmin?

• Albert is the father of Jazmin

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Albert is not the father of Jazmin

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Don't know/undecided

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady M, you are correct, some would still not believe him even after what I would consider a fair and independent test. However, I would. I'm glad you consider us to be civil now - I much prefer civility also! I'm glad we're "discussing" now and not "arguing". :) I really don't anymore think you are blinded by Albert. I just think we all have preconceived notions that do indeed slant our perspective somewhat - including myself of course. Like I said before in post #47, I actually do admire many aspects of Albert's conduct.

dreed777 said:
Actually, if you google "Albert Tamara Rotolo DNA test" all I could find anywhere was that he refused to take a DNA test and that his lawyer got it thrown out of court because "the deeds" had taken place in Monaco so California courts had no jurisdiction. Maybe I didn't search enough, but I never found anything about any DNA being done.
If these accounts are all true, I must reiterate my question "why not?" A simple DNA test would have been easier and quicker than having his lawyer go and "fight it". If he subjected himself to DNA testing with Bea Whomever She Is (I believe Wikipedia did indeed get that one wrong about the results), why not this one? Also, just the fact that this woman won't hush and go away. She is obviously living an okay lifestyle, so she's either intelligent and capable enough to provide for herself and her daughter, or someone is helping her out. As far as her being married, she was supposedly actually already separated from her husband when she met Albert. Maybe she went over there to try to trap him, who knows? All I know is, it would be SO simple for him to "make it go away" as he put it for good with a simple test if he is so sure "this kid" is not his.
Also, at that function after she yelled "Albert, here's your daughter", why was she not arrested? And, why on earth did he invite her to a later that evening reception which she attended? It just doesn't all add up if you think about it logically.
Dreed where did you get this?
Also, at that function after she yelled "Albert, here's your daughter", why was she not arrested? And, why on earth did he invite her to a later that evening reception which she attended? It just doesn't all add up if you think about it logically.
Oops I didn't mean to post that yet you only got a where did you get it. Could you give me the site to look at?

dreed777 said:
Lady M, you are correct, some would still not believe him even after what I would consider a fair and independent test. However, I would. I'm glad you consider us to be civil now - I much prefer civility also! I'm glad we're "discussing" now and not "arguing". :) I really don't anymore think you are blinded by Albert. I just think we all have preconceived notions that do indeed slant our perspective somewhat - including myself of course. Like I said before in post #47, I actually do admire many aspects of Albert's conduct.
Good I am still putting the details together for Albert's defence or so I would hope they were. It should put new light on the situation. BTW Dreed I don't think you figured out my sense of humor was part of it.

Wow...I feel like I'm out of this even before I was in...if you know what I mean...

michelle said:
Wow...I feel like I'm out of this even before I was in...if you know what I mean...
LOL we won't hold it against you.

I have no idea now! I was googling different things, but I'll try to find it again. Actually, I had seen it before as well - maybe on RB or FIMB or CronePrincess. I will see what I can find. I'm a little goofy - had a bad migraine today - too much wine last night at a party. I will see if I can find where I saw it again this afternoon.

dreed777 said:
I have no idea now! I was googling different things, but I'll try to find it again. Actually, I had seen it before as well - maybe on RB or FIMB or CronePrincess. I will see what I can find. I'm a little goofy - had a bad migraine today - too much wine last night at a party. I will see if I can find where I saw it again this afternoon.
OKay it sounds like it came from John Glatts book however it isn't accurate according to the book itself as written by Glatt there are errors in it and he knows it too. Read the reviews on the Net its not good.

This is a quick piece to discribe it according to the book. She wasn't invited a struggling single mother which she has been portrayed as joined the organization to get in, fly to another state and paid for a hotel as well to do what you discribe. A columnist whose word doesn't seem reliable pulled her away from Albert and got her story and published it in his paper.

LadyMacAlpine said:
French law says he is entitled to half of whatever Albert has money wise at the time of his death the other half may be given to whomever he wants. In France you can't disinherit your kids no matter what its half divided equally among the children.

Well then how did Stephanie get so much less than Albert and Caroline? Is it maybe that she got her part of the half he was requried by law to give to his children....? If this is the case he best pony up and start making babies. In his interview it did not sound too promsing, marriage I mean. And not like he'd tell us. I think NC damaged him on this front. Seriously.

dreed777 said:
I can't believe it - I actually googled straight to it - will wonders ever cease - the migraine gods are helping! LOL
http://www.royalarchive.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=670&Itemid=2
Tamara adds in her testimony: 'Albert Grimaldi is the father of Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. He is the first man with whom I had sexual intercourse since I separated from my husband, and he is the only man with whom I had intercourse between the time of my separation and the birth of my daughter.'
Right there what do you see she reportedly said?
He is the first man with whom I had sexual intercourse since I separated
Who was the man while still with her husband?

Was she having an affair with someone else before she was separated from her husband?

dreed777 said:
Was she having an affair with someone else before she was separated from her husband?
I have no idea to be honest her statement leads me to believe it. If Jazmin is not her ex-husbands child or Albert's as he has denied it she had to have had one. Whoever he is he isn't talking and rightly so at this point he would end up paying child support.

Last edited:
In a previous article I read that Albert & Tamara had a 4 week relationship. One of the articles posted earlier stated that they had a 2 week relationship. I really don't think they knew eachother very well. If he is stating that Jazmin is not his because of the timing of the birth unless its a ridiculous amount of time then how could Albert possibly know if Jazmin's really his or not. I doubt Albert knows anything of Tamara's menstual cycle, she could have been very irregular and ovulate at anytime. Everyone is woman is different. From what I also read Tamara was not even allowed near Albert to discuss the situation. Whether or not this is true it must have been incredibly frustrating for her. I believe that she truly believes that Albert is Jazmin's father. The only time I have Tamara say anything publically about Jazmin & Albert was way back when she was born. I've not heard of any interviews, or other publicity stunts for money staged by her. This tells me that she's quite sane and is not trying to reap fame benefits. I don't think that Albert should have to give everyone a paternity test it is not fair, but given the nature of his position I do think he should be more careful of who he chooses to sleep with. When Jazmin does turn 18 and if she demands a paternity test & if does turn out positive who will be the public fool? It's in his best interest to resolve this situation now whatever the outcome may be. The damage to his reputation will be virtually unfixable. If it does come out negative Tamara will be the fool and have commited something truly unforgivable to her daughter.

Has Tamara had a paternity test with the other partner that she said she had? I think her ex-husband.

I guess what my question has been is did Albert actually ever unequivically deny it? He seems to have just kinda danced around it the whole time. He has never (that I've seen anyway) actually come out and said "Jazmin is not my child." And, like I said before, why not do a DNA test to put it to rest like he did with that Bea Fiedler (sp?) woman? Why have the lawyer have it thrown out because of a technicality or whatever?
I just don't see where what she said about Albert being the first man she had intercourse with since separating from her husband in any way insinuates that she had intercourse with anyone else but her husband before separating. Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't see that at all.
I can honestly say that my present husband is the first (and only) person I had intercourse with after divorcing my first husband. But where does that in any way insinuate that I had sex with anyone else besides my first husband while we were married? (Which I didn't by the way.) Like I said, maybe I'm just post-migrainal, but I don't understand. And if she had been having an affair (which she may have of course, I don't know) why does her ex-husband say that Albert is the father? Why hasn't he said, "well she was messing around with someone else"?
I just think it would have cleared it all up (and would now) if he did the DNA test like he did with that Bea woman.
He very well may not be the father of Jazmin, but just in my opinion, he looks kinda like he's been (still is) skirting the issue a little much. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just stating why I see it like I do. :)

Last edited:
Yes, Lashinka, Tamara's ex-husband did do a DNA test and it came out negative. (Which of course, does not necessarily mean that Albert is the father - like Lady M posted there could have always been another guy in there somewhere.)

dreed777 said:
Yes, Lashinka, Tamara's ex-husband did do a DNA test and it came out negative. (Which of course, does not necessarily mean that Albert is the father - like Lady M posted there could have always been another guy in there somewhere.)

Thanks for the answer dred777. There could have been another man but if she had enough sense to do the DNA with her ex why wouldn't she do the testing with the other man if there was one? Maybe she did and we don't know about it.

True, Lashinka. If there was, and she did, and it came out positive, then there was a third possible (and true) unknown father of Jazmin. But, why would she be stupid enough to keep bringing it up after this many years? Why would she keep ON trying to get him to do a DNA test if she knew it would come out negative? That is just plain stupid. I'm not saying Albert's the father, I'm just saying if I stand back and look at all the "evidence" I've read so far, it sure looks to me like he knows he could possibly be and is avoiding the issue. However, there may be more evidence out there that I don't know about that could certainly change my mind. (For example, it's pretty clear he's not the father of that Bea woman's child.) Actually, if he ever just came right out and said specifically "It has been proven that there's no way I am the father of Jazmin Grimaldi" I would be like "okay, he's officially coming out and denying it." I just haven't seen that he's done that. This is all just my gut feeling based on what I've read about it, which could certainly not necessarily be the entire story I'm the first to admit.

Here you go Dreed777 and I had to make it in 2 posts.

Their subsequent 'encounters', as she describes them in sworn testimony, took place between July 8 and July 29 on his yacht -- where a photographer captured him clutching her bikini-clad bottom -- at the Monaco Loews Hotel, at the TexMex American-style restaurant, at a nightclub called Jimmy'z and in the prince's apartment.

Dreed you posted this #46

In 1992, a California woman, Tamara J. Rotolo, filed a paternity suit against the prince, claiming that he was the father of her illegitimate daughter, whom she named Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. However, the case, which went to trial in 1993, eventually was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Graham Anderson Cribbs, who claimed that there was "insufficient contact between Albert and the state of California to justify hearing a suit there" (Evening Standard, March 24, 1993, page 20), agreeing with an assertion by the prince's lawyer, Stanley Arkin, that the California court had no jurisdiction. In court papers, Prince Albert admitted that he had been with Tamara Rotolo in Monaco on "a couple of occasions" in July1991. (The child had been born approximately nine months later, on March 4, 1992.) As reported by a local newspaper covering the case, "Arkin asserted that the Riverside County court had no jurisdiction in the case since the romantic encounter supposedly occurred in Monaco and Albert has had no contacts with California that relate to the issues in the suit." [3] Prince Albert has not agreed to Rotolo's request that he take a paternity test.
I put in bold the approximately nine months later due to this. There are different accounts of it. Page 233 in Glatt's book puts Jazmin born 6 weeks premature on March 4, 1992. Count the weeks up as I did a full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. Mine was born exactly 40 weeks to the day. To make her full term 40 week baby she was conceived the week of June 17-22, 1991. If she was 6 weeks premature as Tamara claims however has never shown proof of and we are seeking proof here she was conceived the week of July 15-21, 1991. If you go full term she was about 4 weeks pregnant when she meet him and its possible she didn't know she was. I was 8 weeks when I realized it I had a period.

There is also something else called a sleeping embryo where the fertilized egg sits without developing. I learned of it in the case of an African woman they were talking of killing because she had given birth as a divorced single woman which is against their laws. It could have been inside her sitting for months or years. Just a thought its rare. This is a link to that case. http://www.santegidio.org/pdm/news2002/25_03_02_d.htm

The photographer captured him clutching her bikini-clad bottom would most likely be Phil Ramey due to the photo in John Glatts book where you can clearly see a third person had been in it to Tamara's right since there is a hand on Albert's left shoulder and its not Tamara's since one of hers is clearly seen around his neck and the right one well to be honest to me it looks like she is ready to or has already got a feel of Albert's groin.

The article you posted Dreed isn't accurate.
'If Jazmin does inherit the throne, her mother has made sure she will do very well. She has not grown up showered with money and privilege -- she's a normal, well-adjusted girl who I believe would be good for Monaco. This has never been about money. It is about winning Jazmin her rightful acknowledgment as Albert's only child.'

We know even if she was his child she is not the only one, and if Jazmin were Albert's daughter Alex would take persistence over her as a male if Albert were to marry both woman to make the children legitimate and then divorce them Jazmin is bumped down the line. The press has made repeated errors on this as far back as I have seen. Mainly they write and print without ever researching the laws that govern what they are saying. John Glatt did it with his book.

A very good example of poor research on Page 267 this is my statement regarding what he wrote, had the Salic Law prevailed in England the German House of Hanover wouldn't have ever ruled England since the Throne had passed through 2 Scottish Queens to James I son of Mary Queen of Scots then to the Hanover's through a woman.

Taking into accord the errors in Glatts book if in fact he wrote it without permission and what was written was incorrect about Tamara Rotolo had I been her I would have sued Glatt. I must admit I don't like quoting Glatt due to his errors they are handy at the moment.

He quoted her and she is quoted other places remarks like this
'He knew he was her father,' says Tamara. 'We both know it. However by taking the test he would be forced to acknowledge that she was his first born and heir to the throne. Despite my assurances I wanted nothing other than him to be a father to our daughter, his family feared an outsider would ultimately control the family.'
Page 234.

page 234-235.
Rotolo's paternity suit sent shivers through Prince Rainier and the Grimaldi family lawyers. For they realized that, if it were legally ruled that Jazmin Grace was Albert's daughter, the six-month-old girl would take precedence over Princess Caroline's children in the ladder of succession. It would be an identical situation to that which took place a century earlier, when the illegitimate birth of Prince Rainier's mother irrevocably diverted the path of the Grimaldi dynasty.

continuation

Why is both paragraphs totally absurd statements? First of all the Grimaldi Family didn't fear a former waitress who didn't have a clue what the Constitution of Monaco said. I researched until I found it to read just because of those statements. I had enough brains even before I did read it to know that the child by legally becoming Albert's children in the court's to pay child support she still wouldn't be legitimate therefore not in line for the Throne except in the imagination of the woman who was quoted as saying
'assurances I wanted nothing other than him to be a father to our daughter, his family feared an outsider would ultimately control the family.'
Read between the lines and you can see what she actually wanted couldn't happen unless Albert married her.

All there has been is people writing about this poor child by a woman who has made claims Albert fathered her child and her ex-husband has said a DNA test said she wasn't his. She has not proven anything except she found where he was going to be and acted like a stalker to shove her child in his face in front a large group of people including other children. Frustrated that's not rational at all. She has proved she is extremely easy to bed even as a married woman. The press has proven according to her neighbors her child has no life outside the house. She doesn't lead a normal life even Alexandre seems to have that.

She proved to me how much the press will destroy a man's reputation to make him look like he is some dead beat father even though he has clearly shown if he has any idea whatsoever to believe he fathered a child he would in fact take a DNA test and act responsible as a father as in the case of Alexandre. People take what Albert says and misinterprets it I feel out of not wanting to believe he has done the best he could for his son.

He has been seen with so many over the years and sorry he doesn't bed all of them just because he is seen with them and makes him look like some sexual pervert. When in fact he is a normal man who has woman falling on him. Let me ask this question why are so many woman in line to bed the man? He's just a man who puts his pants on one leg at a time as any other two legged male. I kid about him. He is to me everything I have typed about him meaning I find him attractive, sexy, etc. I wouldn't be normal if I said I never thought of what not only kissing him would be like but making him a notch on my bed post. I heard a rumor he has better then average stamina and that's with distractions like phone calls. That doesn't mean he could get me there.

You do have some very good points. Maybe Tamara is indeed a nutcase. And the 40 week thing does not add up if she carried the baby full-term - you are correct. I would say at this point that in my opinion the jury is out. NOT because I just want to think Albert's the father but because of 2 things - refusal to do DNA and I've never read that he actually definitely denied the possibility of being the father.
However, having said that, I will say that I now no longer believe that he probably IS the father, just that I am now undecided as to whether I think he is or not. (Since I now see "arguments" for both possible outcomes.) I know, I know, I can be wishy-washy at times! :)
I really haven't meant to sound like I think he hasn't tried to be there for his son - I just think he should weigh his words more carefully when speaking in public about him, and also maybe just "bite the bullet" so to speak about his and Nicole's problems and spend time with his child no matter what. But none of that is my business anyway! I realize he and Nicole probably have lots of bitterness between them and it's hard to get past, but it would be great if he could have a close loving relationship with his child like he obviously has with his nieces & nephews. I just hate to see anger and bitterness screw that up for any parent-child relationship. And I am afraid that when Alexandre is 15 or 20 years old, words Albert has said like "the kid" and "unwanted" may come back to bite him in the butt and cause problems with their relationship - but I sincerely hope not.

dreed777 said:
True, Lashinka. If there was, and she did, and it came out positive, then there was a third possible (and true) unknown father of Jazmin. But, why would she be stupid enough to keep bringing it up after this many years? Why would she keep ON trying to get him to do a DNA test if she knew it would come out negative? That is just plain stupid. I'm not saying Albert's the father, I'm just saying if I stand back and look at all the "evidence" I've read so far, it sure looks to me like he knows he could possibly be and is avoiding the issue. However, there may be more evidence out there that I don't know about that could certainly change my mind. (For example, it's pretty clear he's not the father of that Bea woman's child.) Actually, if he ever just came right out and said specifically "It has been proven that there's no way I am the father of Jazmin Grimaldi" I would be like "okay, he's officially coming out and denying it." I just haven't seen that he's done that. This is all just my gut feeling based on what I've read about it, which could certainly not necessarily be the entire story I'm the first to admit.

Hi Dreed777,
I completely agree. I think Rainer had a great influence on Albert at the time of Tamara's birth and that played a large role in the outcome of the whole situation. By the time Alexandre was born circumstances may have changed as Rainier was much older physically and mentally. It seems even after all of these years I have yet to hear an official DNA denial from Albert or the Palace.

This is my opinion of what I have read so far in the threads and I will include in the pack of the opinion of the Forum. To improve HSH Albert II, PR people will only believe Him if He publicly takes a DNA test to get Tamara to go away who has proven nothing to establish her claim to the public because she is a single mother she is seen as more of a victim. Because she had a child after being publicly seen with Him in photo's. I'm not saying it to sound nasty or anything I am being honest it seems to be the conciseness that He is guilty until He proves Himself innocent by submitting to a DNA test.

I have not heard from HSH Albert II side He ever refused DNA testing only her and the web was weaved He did.

I hope I made you laugh at times among the heaviness of the subject. I have only lost one case at trial most plead out and it was my first case I didn't interrupt the law correctly. Hard jury here. If I have gotten you to this point Dreed from where you were I need to be the Attorney and law maker not working for them.

Something to always remember is not everything is as it appears. I've made a few friends along with way. Merci de votre temps.

Dreed, I think you said something about Tamara obviously being funded somehow because of her lifestyle. I'm sure that she has made a fortune off the media who will pay for her "story," as in, "FORMER LOVER OF PRINCE ALBERT, CLAIMS HIS LOVE CHILD," whatever. I think the money from these media interviews has helped her enormously. But she wants more. She wants "child support" from Albert.

Everyone has made really good points. There was one post that I read here, I forgot who posted it, but the person pointed out that the Grimaldis would want to prevent a repeat of what happened with Rainier's mother. That's a good point. I had not thought of it. It's true that Rainier did everything in his power to prevent a succession crisis and to protect the claims of Caroline's children, but I still don't believe Albert would knowingly deny his child. He may not be Mr. Wonderful Father, but he is certainly a man of principle. This I can see, from his actions.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Dreed, I think you said something about Tamara obviously being funded somehow because of her lifestyle. I'm sure that she has made a fortune off the media who will pay for her "story," as in, "FORMER LOVER OF PRINCE ALBERT, CLAIMS HIS LOVE CHILD," whatever. I think the money from these media interviews has helped her enormously. But she wants more. She wants "child support" from Albert.

Everyone has made really good points. There was one post that I read here, I forgot who posted it, but the person pointed out that the Grimaldis would want to prevent a repeat of what happened with Rainier's mother. That's a good point. I had not thought of it. It's true that Rainier did everything in his power to prevent a succession crisis and to protect the claims of Caroline's children, but I still don't believe Albert would knowingly deny his child. He may not be Mr. Wonderful Father, but he is certainly a man of principle. This I can see, from his actions.
I think you are referring to what I posted a few up
Rotolo's paternity suit sent shivers through Prince Rainier and the Grimaldi family lawyers. For they realized that, if it were legally ruled that Jazmin Grace was Albert's daughter, the six-month-old girl would take precedence over Princess Caroline's children in the ladder of succession. It would be an identical situation to that which took place a century earlier, when the illegitimate birth of Prince Rainier's mother irrevocably diverted the path of the Grimaldi dynasty.
I will agree with you about what Rainier did to prevent a succession crisis he changed the Constitution and treaty with France and Monaco was accepted as an independent state. Should the Grimaldi line die out God forbid Monaco won't revert to French rule. In many ways what I don't think many see is Rainier was protecting the people of Monaco more then his children by the changes. They have their titles as well as enough money to live more then comfortably for more then the rest of their natural days. I mean I know how easy it would be to blow a few million at a time but honestly to blow a billion that's a seriously heavy spending spree. The interest on a million with no taxes that's a store of gum balls some cracker jacks thrown in with a champagne chaser. And there should be enough left for a taxi to visit the laundry mat a few times to keep their knickers clean not to mention buy a few more pairs.

LadyM, I cannot speak about Rainier's intentions to his "subjects" because I have no experience with that, but it does make sense that his changing the constitution was certainly in the interest of protecting Monaco from falling under the wing of France. Still (and forgive me for this emotional turn!) I do believe Rainier wanted Andrea to be the prince one day. You said some very kind words about me in an earlier post, and I thank you, but I have to be emotional here! The "female" in me tells me that even though Rainier's love and pride for Albert couldn't have been more obvious, there was a part of him that sincerely and deeply longed to see the throne pass to Andrea. Sometimes the looks he would give Andrea at public events made me think he had all bets on that boy ensuring that the Grimaldi dynasty over Monaco would endure. In a way, it's somewhat logical as well as emotional if you think about it. There is something a repeat of recent history here!
Andrea, son of Rainier the Third's eldest daughter, might become sovereign if his uncle does not have a legitimate child and if Caroline steps down in his favor.
Rainier, son of Louis the Second's only daughter, became sovereign because his mother stepped down in his favor and because he was the eldest and closest male relative.
This parallel makes me wonder if Rainier saw himself in his grandson Andrea and perhaps projected his regrets on hopes that Andrea would do better.

Succession Planning

CasiraghiTrio said:
I do believe Rainier wanted Andrea to be the prince one day... there was a part of him that sincerely and deeply longed to see the throne pass to Andrea. Sometimes the looks he would give Andrea at public events made me think he had all bets on that boy ensuring that the Grimaldi dynasty over Monaco would endure.
I know what you mean but if you view it in simply dynastic terms it is an example of a family looking after its own long-term interests. Always have a contingency plan. I assume the thinking would have been that if Albert didn't have any living heirs then Andrea should be prepared for what his destiny may become. I see this as good dynastic planning.

Just as in Belgium Prince/Archduke Amedeo would have been raised as a potential heir to the throne when it looked unlikely that Philippe would be marrying any time soon (only to take us all by surprise); and going back a bit further the way George V and Queen Mary took a direct interest in the young Princess Elizabeth as a potential heiress to the British Crown as a "just in case" measure.

Any dynasty that has its act together will have a "succession plan" taking into account various scenarios, and prepare the potential heirs accordingly. As to Andrea, I thought he may have been created a Prince of Monaco on his 18th birthday, but this never happened.

Last edited:
Warren said:
I know what you mean but if you view it in simply dynastic terms it is an example of a family looking after its own long-term interests. Always have a contingency plan. I assume the thinking would have been that if Albert didn't have any living heirs then Andrea should be prepared for what his destiny may become. I see this as good dynastic planning.

Just as in Belgium Prince/Archduke Amedeo would have been raised as a potential heir to the throne when it looked unlikely that Philippe would be marrying any time soon (only to take us all by surprise); and going back even further the way Queen Mary took a direct interest in the young Princess Elizabeth as a potential heiress to the British Crown as a "just in case" measure.

Any dynasty that has its act together will have a "succession plan" taking into account various scenarios, and prepare the potential heirs accordingly. As to Andrea, I thought he may have been created a Prince of Monaco on his 18th birthday, but this never happened.

Thanks for your two cents, Warren. Good points! But about Mary and Elizabeth Tudor, it must be said that Mary only accepted Elizabeth as heir when all other options had been exhausted.But you are absolutely correct that dynasties have perished because they failed to provide for a good succession plan!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Thanks for your two cents, Warren. Good points! But about Mary and Elizabeth Tudor
Oops! my post here is not clear. I mean Princess Elizabeth in the early-mid 1930's. I will go back and clarify the post.
W

I forgot to ask this question...How is it that Jazmin has the Grimaldi surname when supposedly Albert isn't her father? I assumed that since she wasn't married to Albert, and their isn't any indication that he fathered Jazmin, then she would carry Tamara's surname. I mean little Alexandre doesn't have his father's name, and Albert is his father.

sommone said:
I forgot to ask this question...How is it that Jazmin has the Grimaldi surname when supposedly Albert isn't her father? I assumed that since she wasn't married to Albert, and their isn't any indication that he fathered Jazmin, then she would carry Tamara's surname. I mean little Alexandre doesn't have his father's name, and Albert is his father.

Jazmin has the surname Grimaldi because that is what Tamara chose to put on the birth certificate. I don't know about in europe, but in the US, a mother can have any name for her child on the birth certificate, and whatever is there, is legal. She could have named Jazmin after Elvis Presley and that would have been perfectly legal. That's the only reason Jazmin has that name. It has nothing to do with marriage or anything Albert wanted or granted. Tamara just wanted to rub it in the world's noses that she (supposedly) was the mother of Grace Kelly's granddaughter. Of course, I don't believe it, as I've said already too many times, but that was Tamara's unmistakeable message in naming her daughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom