Jazmin Rotolo (Grimaldi) Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you believe Albert is the father of Jazmin?

• Albert is the father of Jazmin

Votes: 29 33.0%
  • Albert is not the father of Jazmin

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Don't know/undecided

Votes: 28 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
found this, sorry it's in swedish
c02e0039.jpg

Tamara Rotolo (till höger) träffade prins Albert på en semesterresa till Monaco 1991. Resultatet är, enligt Tamara, dottern Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (till vänster). När Albert var på ett välgörenhetsbesök i Wyoming 1993 tog Tamara med sig flickan dit och hälsade honom med orden ”Albert, säg hej till din dotter!”
credit www.expressen.se

I really do not think this article sheds too much light on anything but thanks for posting it Lady M...

Thanks for the pic of Jazmin. I cannot say that I see any particular resemblance to Albert or any Grimaldi. I think LadyM is right, though. This topic is probably best laid to rest. We can't really debate anything about it because there aren't enough concrete facts. So all we can do is take Albert's word at face value and assume he is acting with his best judgement. All of his former actions that I can tell point to sound decision-making and a steady, reasonable character.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Thanks for the pic of Jazmin. I cannot say that I see any particular resemblance to Albert or any Grimaldi. I think LadyM is right, though. This topic is probably best laid to rest. We can't really debate anything about it because there aren't enough concrete facts. So all we can do is take Albert's word at face value and assume he is acting with his best judgement. All of his former actions that I can tell point to sound decision-making and a steady, reasonable character.
I don't have a clue as to how old you are but I must say you have a good head on your shoulders and not just because you said you agree with me. You used logic and reason to come to the decision you did not emotion. Its those qualities that makes good counselors that are much needed in todays society.

Lady M, I agree with everything you posted in your last post. It sounds like CasiraghiTrio, for one, didn't already have his/her mind made up. Most of the rest of us have preconceived notions that always get in the way. (Actually, probably all the rest of us.:) )
Oh, to answer your question, it could hardly be called a fair and independent DNA test when the samples weren't all collected together and tested. The way it was done would never stand up in a court of law.
Isn't there something about Tamara & Jazmin are just waiting for Jazmin to turn 18 because she can go to France and legally demand a DNA test at that time? Where did I hear that? It was on one of these royal messageboards.

It's wrong for ALbert to say the reason he hasn't seeen his son is b/f of his child's mothers' attitude toward him. That is so immature.

I don't know about that. If someone came out and insisted my husband give his DNA to prove he is her father I think we would have very significant legal recourse. (Hypothetical here, my husband had none before we met) I mean, what does an 18 year old need with a Daddy? Go get a job. But, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

I also want to interject a very obvious Mis-truth that has been quoted in LOTS of articles dealing with Alexandre and inheritance. I do not see how he is "Entitled to half his fathers fortune". That sounds like drama added to sell papers and though it may be somewhere in French law. Nepolicanic code is the basis for things like this and often new laws have been passed that offer exception. He is probably only "Entitled" to whatever PA wills him, Just like Stephanie was in Reiner's will. No law that I know of can "require" a person to, on their death, give their money to someone else, blood or otherwise. ESPECIALLY if the father goes on the record, as he has a couple of times now, as saying he was NOT a willing participant. This last fact I believe. There would be NO good reason for PA to father a child out of wedlock with anyone.

dreed777 said:
Lady M, I agree with everything you posted in your last post. It sounds like CasiraghiTrio, for one, didn't already have his/her mind made up. Most of the rest of us have preconceived notions that always get in the way. (Actually, probably all the rest of us.:) )
Oh, to answer your question, it could hardly be called a fair and independent DNA test when the samples weren't all collected together and tested. The way it was done would never stand up in a court of law.
Isn't there something about Tamara & Jazmin are just waiting for Jazmin to turn 18 because she can go to France and legally demand a DNA test at that time? Where did I hear that? It was on one of these royal messageboards.
You heard it on this one for one I said it only Tamara can't request it Jazmin has to. The mother has no right after age 2. Honestly if Albert believed he was Jazmins father he would have no problem submitting to the test. Why hasn't he to satisfy everyone that wants it? He doesn't feel it necessary to prove anything to anyone when he knows that he didn't have unprotected sex with her. That's my opinion on it not his. Its common sense really which is what I have tried to stress all along as some others. Why would he accept Alexandre but not another? Why would he say there are no other claims that could be true? Common sense he made it known he wanted children but not in that way outside of marriage. He is part of the Fight Aids Monaco. He is an extremely intelligent man been health conscious for years working out daily and watched his diet as well not eating deserts except occasionally. Says a lot to me in that he would have to be rather stupid to not use condoms with a person he doesn't know even then would still use one. Aids isn't the only STD out there good old fashioned VD still is. My head isn't up in the clouds where he is concerned either he is human and subject to errors as anyone else the fact he is a man he might even make more due to their testrone.

leahteresa said:
I don't know about that. If someone came out and insisted my husband give his DNA to prove he is her father I think we would have very significant legal recourse. (Hypothetical here, my husband had none before we met) I mean, what does an 18 year old need with a Daddy? Go get a job. But, I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.

I also want to interject a very obvious Mis-truth that has been quoted in LOTS of articles dealing with Alexandre and inheritance. I do not see how he is "Entitled to half his fathers fortune". That sounds like drama added to sell papers and though it may be somewhere in French law. Nepolicanic code is the basis for things like this and often new laws have been passed that offer exception. He is probably only "Entitled" to whatever PA wills him, Just like Stephanie was in Reiner's will. No law that I know of can "require" a person to, on their death, give their money to someone else, blood or otherwise. ESPECIALLY if the father goes on the record, as he has a couple of times now, as saying he was NOT a willing participant. This last fact I believe. There would be NO good reason for PA to father a child out of wedlock with anyone.
French law says he is entitled to half of whatever Albert has money wise at the time of his death the other half may be given to whomever he wants. In France you can't disinherit your kids no matter what its half divided equally among the children.

Reina said:
It's wrong for ALbert to say the reason he hasn't seeen his son is b/f of his child's mothers' attitude toward him. That is so immature.
I began to comment on this however rethought the fact this thread is about Albert and Jazmin will send you a PM in response.

Albert is not behaving very princely by saying he thinks he was "set up", and that he had only seen "the kid" once since he acknowledged paternity, etc. He is a the Prince and can not find a way to legally entitle himself to spend time with his son. One can only wonder if he has the capability to run Monaco. Nicole must be one powerful woman!

Seriously, I would rather he not discuss his son in print, the child will learn to read one day of what his father has said.

I have a question. Did Albert actually have a relationship with Jazmin's mother?

LadyMacAlpine said:
French law says he is entitled to half of whatever Albert has money wise at the time of his death the other half may be given to whomever he wants. In France you can't disinherit your kids no matter what its half divided equally among the children.

And Monaco laws apply in Monaco....not French laws.

smdouglas said:

But, um, French law has a lot of influence over Monaco law, doesn't it? Monaco is bound by the Treaty of Paris (1911? 1912?) to pass laws and govern its state in a manner that is conducive (sp?) to French policies, correct?

sommone said:
I have a question. Did Albert actually have a relationship with Jazmin's mother?

I had the same question. I looked it up on google. I found an article from the new york daily news, which i know is not the most serious source. but at least it does answer the question of the nature of Albert and Tamara's acquaintance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/301187p-257848c.html

smdouglas said:
Its my understanding that law is what they go by according to an attorney's. If I get time I will look into it futher.

I wonder if PA and Tamarra did do a DNA lately that he is not going public with which makes him more comfortable to state she is not his child. Something had to happen because he is now openly denying Jazmin. If there was any possibility that this was his child, I doubt his advisor would let him state she was not. If she requested a DNA test once she turned 18 and found out he was her father, he would come out looking like a fool and horrible man. As far as Tamarra goes, I guess I can't fathom anyone pursuing this if they did not actually believe in their minds that this was true. You would be humiliated in public. You see this sort of situation on talk shows, however, I always believed some of that to be fake.

Freedom said:
Thanks, CasiraghiTio, for posting the article. I must admit, it seems odd that Albert should go his lifetime looking for the right one--one he could love, Monaco & the world could love, and who could handle the responsibility, and then to end up having his representatives search for someone of near equal caliber who is 'willing' to concent to such a non-loving arrangement. IMO, this does not make sense. :confused:
This is off topice and don't know how true it is but I read that Rainier had several names given to him of perspective brides and one was Grace and they meet fell in love. Stranger things have happened. You can fall in love with the person you have an arrangement with to marry. Makes it easier on both parties when you do. You can also fall in love at first site my parents did and married after 4 dates.

"Duty" vs. "Love"

From what I see so far, Prince Albert has demonstrated he is "dutyful" towards his son. Acknowledgement, child support, housing, staff etc. These are his obligations and evidently he is meeting them very well. But it seems he has not -well not yet anyways- developed feelings of "Love" for Alexandre. I heard him in an interview in French referring to Alex as "cet enfant" (this child) or now in english as "the kid" and saying "I was set-up".

So far he has not been able -at least publicly- to say "mon fils", my son, or Alexandre".
Let us hope both Albert and Alexandre will be able to develop a father -son relationship of "love" not just "duty".

valtorrez said:
I wonder if PA and Tamarra did do a DNA lately that he is not going public with which makes him more comfortable to state she is not his child. Something had to happen because he is now openly denying Jazmin. If there was any possibility that this was his child, I doubt his advisor would let him state she was not. If she requested a DNA test once she turned 18 and found out he was her father, he would come out looking like a fool and horrible man. As far as Tamarra goes, I guess I can't fathom anyone pursuing this if they did not actually believe in their minds that this was true. You would be humiliated in public. You see this sort of situation on talk shows, however, I always believed some of that to be fake.
You apparently never heard of Bea Fielder who claimed she had a fling with Albert in 1986 if the date is correct and a DNA test in 1992 proved Daniel wasn't Albert's child.

Gabriella said:
Please keep this thread civil. It was not started to bash the opinions of other members or Nicole and Albert. It's perfectly fine to state your opinion on the subject - either for or against - but please do so respectfully. It's also okay to disagree with the opinion of another member as long as it's also done respectfully.

The intent of this thread is to discuss Albert and his denying being the father of Jazmin, please stay on topic.
I thought I would repost Gabriella's post since WE including me keep going off topic. At least we aren't arguing and are being civil. I personally appreciate that thank you.

altagrace said:
From what I see so far, Prince Albert has demonstrated he is "dutyful" towards his son. Acknowledgement, child support, housing, staff etc. These are his obligations and evidently he is meeting them very well. But it seems he has not -well not yet anyways- developed feelings of "Love" for Alexandre. I heard him in an interview in French referring to Alex as "cet enfant" (this child) or now in english as "the kid" and saying "I was set-up".

So far he has not been able -at least publicly- to say "mon fils", my son, or Alexandre".
Let us hope both Albert and Alexandre will be able to develop a father -son relationship of "love" not just "duty".

Due to PA's status, he might not ever be able to be around Alex enough to develope "love" feelings. Sometimes, however, being dutiful is better than nothing at all. At least this child has the financial means to live a good life and not have to struggle too much. He might struggle in a different way like with his identity but won't have the added obstacle of poverty. He has his mother who can provide love and understanding. Not to say he does not need a father's love, however, a lot of children just have their mother's love and turn out to be normal, caring individuals.

This is from Wikkipedia - no idea how reliable it is - but it is a different account from what we've heard about a DNA test done concerning Jazmin.
Paternity suits

In 1992, a California woman, Tamara J. Rotolo, filed a paternity suit against the prince, claiming that he was the father of her illegitimate daughter, whom she named Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. However, the case, which went to trial in 1993, eventually was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Graham Anderson Cribbs, who claimed that there was "insufficient contact between Albert and the state of California to justify hearing a suit there" (Evening Standard, March 24, 1993, page 20), agreeing with an assertion by the prince's lawyer, Stanley Arkin, that the California court had no jurisdiction. In court papers, Prince Albert admitted that he had been with Tamara Rotolo in Monaco on "a couple of occasions" in July 1991. (The child had been born approximately nine months later, on March 4, 1992.) As reported by a local newspaper covering the case, "Arkin asserted that the Riverside County court had no jurisdiction in the case since the romantic encounter supposedly occurred in Monaco and Albert has had no contacts with California that relate to the issues in the suit." [3] Prince Albert has not agreed to Rotolo's request that he take a paternity test.

An earlier paternity suit, brought by Bea Fiedler, a German topless model whom the Daily Telegraph described as a "sex-film star", reportedly also was dismissed. A blood test, which was refused by the judge, did not prove that the prince was not the father of Fiedler's son, Daniel. [4]

[edit]

Like I said before, I realize that we all have preconceived notions about people due to things we've seen/heard about these individuals, but I must say, when I read that latest article, where he is asked about other possible offspring I hone in on "He FUMBLES when asked about other possibilites". I don't believe he ever actually said that he is not the father of Jazmin Grimaldi. He fumbled and said he didn't know of any others that could be true. This is all very different from them saying, for example, "PA stated unequivocally that he has no more children out there" or "Jazmin Grimaldi could not possibly be my child - DNA was conducted". Saying that it got thrown out of court and that he thought it went away is a very different thing actually. Also, he never even mentions any DNA being done - why not?
Each person is made of many different personalities - I want to state that I greatly admire "Head of State Albert", and "Brother, Uncle, Son Albert" and "Philanthropist Albert". My only reservations are concerning "Relationship Albert". As always, just my opinion! :)

dreed777 said:
This is from Wikkipedia - no idea how reliable it is - but it is a different account from what we've heard about a DNA test done concerning Jazmin.
Paternity suits

In 1992, a California woman, Tamara J. Rotolo, filed a paternity suit against the prince, claiming that he was the father of her illegitimate daughter, whom she named Jazmin Grace Grimaldi. However, the case, which went to trial in 1993, eventually was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Graham Anderson Cribbs, who claimed that there was "insufficient contact between Albert and the state of California to justify hearing a suit there" (Evening Standard, March 24, 1993, page 20), agreeing with an assertion by the prince's lawyer, Stanley Arkin, that the California court had no jurisdiction. In court papers, Prince Albert admitted that he had been with Tamara Rotolo in Monaco on "a couple of occasions" in July 1991. (The child had been born approximately nine months later, on March 4, 1992.) As reported by a local newspaper covering the case, "Arkin asserted that the Riverside County court had no jurisdiction in the case since the romantic encounter supposedly occurred in Monaco and Albert has had no contacts with California that relate to the issues in the suit." [3] Prince Albert has not agreed to Rotolo's request that he take a paternity test.

An earlier paternity suit, brought by Bea Fiedler, a German topless model whom the Daily Telegraph described as a "sex-film star", reportedly also was dismissed. A blood test, which was refused by the judge, did not prove that the prince was not the father of Fiedler's son, Daniel. [4]

[edit]
I have to go out for a few will respond to you in an hour or so on this and where there are errors. I've done 6 years of research because of Tamara Rotolo.

Last edited:
Actually, if you google "Albert Tamara Rotolo DNA test" all I could find anywhere was that he refused to take a DNA test and that his lawyer got it thrown out of court because "the deeds" had taken place in Monaco so California courts had no jurisdiction. Maybe I didn't search enough, but I never found anything about any DNA being done.
If these accounts are all true, I must reiterate my question "why not?" A simple DNA test would have been easier and quicker than having his lawyer go and "fight it". If he subjected himself to DNA testing with Bea Whomever She Is (I believe Wikipedia did indeed get that one wrong about the results), why not this one? Also, just the fact that this woman won't hush and go away. She is obviously living an okay lifestyle, so she's either intelligent and capable enough to provide for herself and her daughter, or someone is helping her out. As far as her being married, she was supposedly actually already separated from her husband when she met Albert. Maybe she went over there to try to trap him, who knows? All I know is, it would be SO simple for him to "make it go away" as he put it for good with a simple test if he is so sure "this kid" is not his.
Also, at that function after she yelled "Albert, here's your daughter", why was she not arrested? And, why on earth did he invite her to a later that evening reception which she attended? It just doesn't all add up if you think about it logically.

Last edited:
I guess when he fumbled and stated he did not know of any other claims which could be true, we all took that as denial. Why say that if you know there is a possibility? He is the one who will look stupid and negligent in the end. This is not the picture a prince would want to appear like in front of his constituents or future wife.

valtorrez said:

No, I do not believe Albert would deny her unless he had a good reason to believe himself not her father. That, I very strongly agree with. But I fail to see what there is for him to gain by keeping a DNA test secret. A DNA test showing him not to be her father would help his cause and make him look very credible. Keeping it secret only feeds the rumors and speculation which triggered this thread topic!
;) As far as Tamara is concerned, she doesn't seem very rational. Naming her child after the mother of a "father" who won't acknowledge her? Who does that? That in itself is humiliating for her. Yet she proceeds on this course, insisting he is Jazmin's father. I tried to refrain from judging her at first because I don't know the details, but come on. She is being ridiculous. If I believed a man to be the father of my child, but he denied it, I would say to him, "F--- you, I never want to see you. I don't care what happens. Do what you want." And we would go our separate ways. I would not cling to this ridiculous insistence.... And I would not put my child through that humiliation and trauma! The more I think on this is the more I become really annoyed with this Tamara Rotolo. She needs to get a life and stop trying to milk Albert of money that is not rightfully hers in any way, shape or form.

I've always liked Albert despite his foibles. He never seemed to do anything to be mean, just a bit hedonistic in his ways. This last article has really made me disappointed in him. For one, he can't even bring himself to call Nicole or Alex by their names. It makes Nicole's actions seem perfectly understable even if you didn't agree with her in the past. She's seen through his fake attempts to be a father. People may have been angry that she allowed pictures of Albert & Alex to appear but those pictures painted Albert in a positive light--as a caring father. Unlike Albert she's never blamed their problems directly on either of them but on his advisors and gave Albert credit for supporting them. I'm gutted for Alex. His only hope is Nicole--and I do think she's a good mother. She's seen through Albert's machinations from the beginning. She knew he was just visiting to keep her quiet in hopes she wouldn't insist on him recognizing Alex. He signed that paperwork hoping she wouldn't be smart enough to know it would have to be filed in court for her to have legal rights. She said she repeatedly asked for a copy and never got it. She knew she had to act before the second birthday and gave Albert as much time as possible. Each and every time she's seen through him and his lawyers and I think that is what bothers him. He's up against somebody his money can't beat down. This isn't 1705 it's 2005 and people have rights. The fact that he admits to only seeing Alex once since the story broke floors me as well. That's just unacceptable. There's men who move across country, change jobs, get 2 jobs to pay legal fees--all so they can see their kids. There's just no excuse for that. Albert has not embraced Alex in his heart. To him Alex is just an 'issue' he has to deal with. This breaks my heart more than anything. I believe he only saw Alex in the beginning in an attempt to placate Nicole into not going to court. He never planned to be a real father. This 'devout Catholic' should know that children are a gift from God and no matter what circumstances bring them to this earth they are a blessing.

As for Jazmin, who is he kidding? We all know that the case was thrown out of California court based on the ruling that California has no jurisdiction over Albert. No where in the article does he say DNA proves he's not the father. If and when he ever takes a DNA paternity test, and should it prove he is the sperm donor, his own words will convict him--he'll be a deadbeat dad.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
No, I do not believe Albert would deny her unless he had a good reason to believe himself not her father. That, I very strongly agree with. But I fail to see what there is for him to gain by keeping a DNA test secret. A DNA test showing him not to be her father would help his cause and make him look very credible. Keeping it secret only feeds the rumors and speculation which triggered this thread topic!
;) As far as Tamara is concerned, she doesn't seem very rational. Naming her child after the mother of a "father" who won't acknowledge her? Who does that? That in itself is humiliating for her. Yet she proceeds on this course, insisting he is Jazmin's father. I tried to refrain from judging her at first because I don't know the details, but come on. She is being ridiculous. If I believed a man to be the father of my child, but he denied it, I would say to him, "F--- you, I never want to see you. I don't care what happens. Do what you want." And we would go our separate ways. I would not cling to this ridiculous insistence.... And I would not put my child through that humiliation and trauma! The more I think on this is the more I become really annoyed with this Tamara Rotolo. She needs to get a life and stop trying to milk Albert of money that is not rightfully hers in any way, shape or form.
Thank you, thank you very much but there will always be someone to argue for a cause when it should have ended in the 1990s. I will show why I don't believe Tamara Rotolo, what she has tried to do and all that think I am blinded by Albert or whatever you called it Dreed some time ago however feel we got past whatever it was and now I consider you more then civil towards me. Thank you I don't mind a person with different opinions then mine its how they speak to me about it. I actually like a challenge someone who stimulates my brain when not much else is working.

Please don't come back and ask me what I will give as soon as I am ready and have everything together. None of us need to bicker over this issue and there will always be hold outs even if a DNA test was done publicly in view of the world someone even Tamara would scream he paid the test off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom