It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely, lovely family! May God and Our Lady protect the four of them throughout all their life.

its lovely to see the little family , :) but as photographs go , its not the best , but never mind

The babies are the most adorable thing I've seen! I'm glad they chose to release casual, Christmassy photos now instead of keeping us waiting until they take official ones who knows when!

Babies are precious!

And the girl is already smiling, what a cutie.

All babies are precious, but these twins are much, much more!

The funny thing is that the resemblace can already be seen: Jacques is a Wittstock, totally... Gabriella looks a lot like Albert as a baby... She also seems to have a lively personality while her brother seems much more quiet... I wonder if there are other pics that were takne for the mags...

No Marty91charmed, a part the photo in white and black of Charlene alone wit her babies in the arms, there are not other photos, I think they are all on the page of the palace on face book.
I think we will have other photos only on january 7th at the presentation of the babies, I think we will have perhaps photos in the palace this day.

the interview of Prince Albert in Monaco matin about the births and his babies

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monacomatin.mc%2Fderniere-minute%2Fle-prince-albert-ii-de-monaco-jacques-et-gabriella-ont-deja-des-personnalites-differ.2037839.html&edit-text=

Prince Charlene and the babies are at home, they left the hospital this afternoon

Les jumeaux princiers de Monaco sont arrivés au Palais | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

Photos of their arriving at the palace,

https://www.facebook.com/palaismonaco/photos_stream?tab=photos_stream

Last edited by a moderator:
Very sweet!

(I don't see how anyone is able to detect any resemblances at this point, though. To me, they just look like babies, though adorable ones).

Babies are precious!

And the girl is already smiling, what a cutie.

I'm being nitpicky here, but babies don't smile until they are three months old. Princess Gabriella is probably "reflex smiling" which is what babies who are two months and younger do. It looks like they're smiling, but they're not actually smiling. In some cases, it can be wind, too. :flowers:

I don't have a problem with the lighting of the photos, as melina premiere said the photos were taken in the hospital so the lighting wouldn't be perfect. I don't see a resemblance in the twins either yet, I think at this stage it's too early to tell as the twins are only a little more than a week old. But I do agree that Princess Gabriella seems to be the more lively out of the two, she seemed to be very active in the photoshoot whilst Prince Jacques was more laid back and looked as if he preferred to just relax.

Hope the babies are fine... The look extremely small... I wish their family a happy christmas

Actually I've personally seen twins and even triplets, and I do believe Jacques and Gabriella are quite lively and healthy babies in comparison with others.

Twins always seem to be very fragile, but it's normal for them.

What a perfect Christmas present for us royal watchers! Beautiful babies.

It is nice that they shared them. Charlene looks tired but extremely happy. What a lovely Christmas they are about to have.

The twins are sooo cute! And the photo of Charlene and Albert bringing the twins home is awesome. It's the first time I've seen those two so happy. You can tell their twins have brought them even more together!

Merry Christmas everyone :flowers:

My twin brothers were born 6 weeks before the due date and they are perfectly fine now :) I think it's rather normal for twins to be that small... (and now they are both 6'3ft tall)
IMHO this is a lot of gossip. Why would Caroline have to go to Paris to give the twins rest?

I am so happy-and surprised!-to read that TMC will broadcast the presentation live from Monaco:).

Maybe because the host of TMC(Robert Osborne) was good friends with the twins' late grandmother Princess Grace? TMC often runs Grace Kelly movie marathons and last year on the anniversary of her wedding to Rainier they played a 45 minute film clip of the pre-wedding Gala in April 1956. Grace looked incredible, beautiful almost beyond belief!

It is a tabloïd on line who writte what all the tabloïds published in the week.
Içi Paris, Voici told that it will be a very sad Christmas because Albert and Charlene will spend Christmas at the hospital and to make dramatish they told that Caroline is afraid and so , and what we saw since the beginning of the week , photos of the twins , the babies are small but well, the interview of the prince Albert who said that the babies are well and they will be at the palace for Christmas the couple and the twins are at home with the babies. Monaco said in an article that all the family is now at the palace and they spend their days here because the presentation is very soon.

And what is laughing is that this tabloid spoke about Caroline nad did not writte that she spent three weeks in Paris, did not come to Monaco when the babies are born, she just returned to Monaco on december 18th to be present at the opening of the year of Russia with the ballet of Bolchoi.

MoonMaiden

Television Monte Carlo is a french TV who was made by Prince Rainier in 1956 in Monaco but it was sold in the years 1990 to the France but this channel kept the name and and all the big events in Monaco are broadcasted as the funerals of Prince rainier, the 2 enthronements of Prince Albert in jult 2005 with the speech of Prince Albert and november ), his weeding all the cérémonies of the National fest every year and the next big event which will be soon the presentation of the babies to the people of Monaco.It is not a surprise that Tmc will broadcast this event.

And I will add that we have photos and video of the all family returning to the palace. I ask myself why some persons here believed yet that there is a drama.

Caroline de Monaco inquiète pour les jumeaux de Charlène

Although I think this article was made up I wonder whether it's true that the babies weigh only 1.5 kilos...

There would not have been any hospital in Europe or the US to discharge premature babies of not even 2 kilos.
The children are at home now.
I think that this story is a whole make up of incorrect informations.

BTW when babies have a more difficult start (not drinking enough) they are also discharged later

I just hope everyone is fine... Because it seems like they were born a lot premature when it was only 2 weeks and that in my book is full term.... Or not?

I would not say they are premature.
In general the period between three weeks before and two weeks after due date is perfectly OK (a terme)

Personally I guess that the twins remained a bit longer in hospital because they might have had some problems with the feeding, or their weight.
If they have a lower birth-weight (as twins often have) it is important that the feedings are not problematic

Up to 20 days before due date is considered a full term.

Thanks. I asked because Charlene kept saying there were born premature... and I cannot understand why...

Seeing the pictures, I think they were born prematurely. Because of the shape of their heads, especially Jacques' and their skin seems a bit reddish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom