It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the stadium of the Monaco football team
a banner with the twins names
http://static1.purepeople.com/artic...supporters-de-l-as-monaco-dans-la-950x0-1.jpg

What a shame the Country isn't excited about the Twins.

:D :D :D

That is so great!!

I also more than understand why the Doctors want them to gain a bit more weight before going home. That's just protocol for any underweight newborn, but especially for Twins, I also don't consider Twins coming two weeks early Preemies. As has been said several times in the thread, Twins rarely reach their due date and two weeks early is actually pretty good for Twins.

I know of several occasions where a baby born on or even past due, w/no complications & the Mother having a normal Pregnancy doing everything right, was underweight and had to stay until the Doctors were comfortable w/their weight. So it really isn't that strange a thing to have happened. It also gives Charlene a bit more Recovery time until she goes home too, which is a good thing IMO.

I hope they all get to go home for Christmas. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It was not a fest for the birth of the babies, the banner was made by the fans of the
soccer team of Monaco and we saw the banner during the match last sunday evening.
At The contrary , the country is very excited by the birth of the babies.

Video Monaco Channel Replay Monaco Info

There was a big fest when the babies are born on december 10th as you cansee it on the videos.

another video

JT Monaco Info du jeudi 11 décembre 2014 / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

a video about the reacts of the people of Monaco

Les Monégasques félicitent le Couple Princier / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

on pure people there are photos of people of Monaco waiting for the signature of the books of congatulation

Un livre de félicitations est installé dans les petits quartiers du Palais Princiers afin que le pub...

Monaco is very excited about the births of the babies.and they are waiting the presentation of the babies next january 7th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that it was very lovely of Charlene to give those interviews. She knows that people are anxious for news and sight of the twins. As neither she nor they are able, as yet, to appear in public, this, in my opinion, was a perfect way of letting us all know how the little ones are.

If there had been no news people might have feared that something was wrong.

Thank you, Charlene. :flowers:

It was not a fest for the birth of the babies, the banner was made by the fans of the
soccer team of Monaco and we saw the banner during the match last sunday evening.
At The contrary , the country is very excited by the birth of the babies.
s.

Tigger was making a joke, a form of sarcastic wit to emphasize that in fact monaco was very excited about the birth. she followed her remark with smiling faces too to show her meaning. It might be difficult to catch if you are not a native English speaker

Tigger was making a joke, a form of sarcastic wit to emphasize that in fact monaco was very excited about the birth. she followed her remark with smiling faces too to show her meaning. It might be difficult to catch if you are not a native English speaker

First off, Thank You. Second, I knew how that post would be viewed here & really didn't care. It's delightful how excited Monaco is over the Twins & I, & my Parents as well, got a good chuckle over the fans making that banner. Here's hoping they all get home for Christmas. :)

I've been wondering, is there a particular reason why Jacques is mentioned before Gabriella in the title of this thread? I'm not trying to be nitpicking – and I might just be the only one who is bothered by it, haha – but it seems illogical to me that the youngest twin is listed before the oldest.

I've been wondering, is there a particular reason why Jacques is mentioned before Gabriella in the title of this thread? I'm not trying to be nitpicking – and I might just be the only one who is bothered by it, haha – but it seems illogical to me that the youngest twin is listed before the oldest.

I'm thinking that even though he's the younger of the two, Jacques is the Heir to the Throne, so that's why he's first in the thread title. :)

i wouldn't read to much into it, in the original "guess the name/sex " etc thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f153/charlene-and-alberts-twins-guess-the-sex-names-and-godparents-36992.html
the option in the poll for mixed twins also was boy/girl (not girl/boy) :flowers:

But imo because Jacques the heir in a couple of years people will sort of forget that he is officially the younger twin

I had asked the same before :D Maybe in english it also sounds better to say "It's a boy and a girl" instead of "It's a girl and a boy"? Don't know :D

:previous:

It was me who created the thread title, I'm pretty sure that if I had entitled it "It's a girl and boy" other members would have asked exactly the opposite questions ;) The thread needed a title and got one - no more, no less. So, back to the topic of this thread! :)

I thought that it was very lovely of Charlene to give those interviews. She knows that people are anxious for news and sight of the twins. As neither she nor they are able, as yet, to appear in public, this, in my opinion, was a perfect way of letting us all know how the little ones are.

If there had been no news people might have feared that something was wrong.

Thank you, Charlene. :flowers:

I agree, it was a very gracious, generous thing to do, at a time when she may not be feeling altogether well (though elated and on Cloud 9 at the same time). :flowers:

Monaco matin writtes to day that the babies may leave the hospital for chrsitmas, and the family could celebrat chrsitmas in the palace, it is was prince Albert who said to day in a interview which will be published on december 24th in a special magasine about the birth of the babies.

Les jumeaux princiers de Monaco pourraient quitter la maternité pour Noël | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

the article in english

https://translate.google.fr/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monacomatin.mc%2Fmonaco%2Fles-jumeaux-princiers-de-monaco-pourraient-quitter-la-maternite-pour-noel.2035231.html&edit-text=&act=url

Monaco matin writtes to day that the babies may leave the hospital for chrsitmas, and the family could celebrat chrsitmas in the palace, it is was prince Albert who said to day in a interview which will be published on december 24th in a special magasine about the birth of the babies.

Les jumeaux princiers de Monaco pourraient quitter la maternité pour Noël | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

I really hope that they will and Charlene, Albert and their twins have an awesome christmas at home :flowers:

Ooh beautiful first pics of the twins!

It's wonderful to see photos of Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella. They look so adorable and tiny, I love their babygrows. I haven't been keeping up with news regarding the twins, but are they at the Palace now? It would be great if they were at home with their family for Christmas. They seemed to stay in hospital for quite a long time after their birth, so I hope they are both well.

I think the pics have not been officially released yet... ANyway, thye are tiny but cute! I can seen Jacques's traita are the one sof Charlene, while Gabriella has taken after daddy! I think the pis were taken at the hospital! So so cute <3

I think that both Albert and Charlene look very relaxed, happy and beaming... not stiff at all... Great! And it seems that Caroline paid a visit too!

Caroline de Monaco rencontre les jumeaux princiers avant un ballet du Bolchoï

Awww, so adorable. What lovely Christmas presents.

So cute - love the color composition in the photography. Nice. :flowers: Parents look beaming, of course.

Princess Gabriella seems to be the active one, and larger. Prince Jacques was having a nice nap. Very mellow, like his dad. Bald as a bean like his dad, too. ;) Jacgues looks like his dad imo, but hard to really say at this point.

All-in-all, a lovely Christmas in store for the family. Very happy for them. :flowers:

Last edited:
Ahh, the wee angels. ! They are adorable. Charlene looks amazing. Thanks so much for posting. :flowers:

Gabriella in pink and Jacques in blue...tiny but so beautiful!

Such a lovely surprise. They look tiny but I have become used to big babies in recent years.

I think it's normal with twins to be tiny...

Twins are in the civer of the next edition of Paris Match, but I can not post the link.

It is the www.parismatch.fr

Cute twins, they're so tiny, Charlene looks very lovely, and a bit tired. What a lovely and happy family

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene release first pictures of their tiny twins Jacques and Gabriella | Daily Mail Online
The Palace of Monaco have released a set of images of Prince Albert II of Monaco and his wife Charlene posing with their twin babies Jacques and Gabriella at the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco.

The Christmas-themed photographs show a smitten pair of parents gazing at their newborn children, with Princess Gabriella in pink and Prince Jaques in baby blue.

Gabriella was born first at 5.04pm, and Jacques at 5.06pm, but it is Jacques who will be the future Prince of Monaco, because of the Mediterranean principality's male inheritance laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom