The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2014, 04:01 AM
Majesty

I'm very happy the babies are one each... Now, I am a bit dissapointed because the girl was born first and I keep thinking how cute a hereditary princess Gabriella would be... I know that this was already expected but can't help that sort of thought... Hope Jacques will change that law one day...

I am very delighted with the names:

For the princess: I am really surprise about the name Gabriella and I like it since it is not a boring and arepetitive one... I prefer the french variation Gabrielle but I suspect this name was totally chosen by Charlene...It is quite graceful... Therese is not my cup of tea but it is classic and in french sounds good... I know that maybe Marie would have been somewhere.... Simple an traditional...

For the prince: I don't particularly like Jacque but given th restrict range of names for an heir the chose the best one IMO... The only name I don't like at all is Honorè and I sort of hoped the wouldn't not pick this up, but I guess they had to stick to the tradition... Rainier was obvious I think... a tribute to Al's dad...

All in all I like them and I give them credit for trying names that aren't much around in their family at the moment... (Only Marie and well Rainier)... I'd like to know if Gabriella is a name of Charlene's grandmas perhaps...

Never mind, hope to see them soon, and above all healthy... I hope Charlene can now rest at least for a week... C-section is always a surgery... no matter how much successful it is....

I'm over

Old 12-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Serene Highness

A Boy and a Girl, so wonderful!
I am really happy for the couple and I am sending them my congratulations from the bottom of my heart!
BYe Bine

Old 12-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Majesty

Honoré is one of the most frequent names in the genealogy of the famille princier. It means "the honorful, the dignified", in that meaning it is a nice name. I like it that the royal and noble families still use classic names like Gaston, Thibaut, Gaëtan, Eudes, Honoré, Jacques, etc.

So much better than Kylian, Kenzo, Dylan, Jason, etc.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
... The only name I don't like at all is Honorè and I sort of hoped the wouldn't not pick this up, but I guess they had to stick to the tradition...
It is funny, because Honore is the name I like the most of the three. I don´t like Jacques or Gabriella very much, must say, especially Gabriella sounds strange to me (maybe because in my country it is very common, average name), but have no problem with them.
I am really looking forward to the first pics of the cuties!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Nobility

What a magnificent news to know in the middle of a boring class. Congratulations to the couple! I'm so happy!
Old 12-11-2014, 05:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetraHel View Post
It is funny, because Honore is the name I like the most of the three. I don´t like Jacques or Gabriella very much, must say, especially Gabriella sounds strange to me (maybe because in my country it is very common, average name), but have no problem with them.
I am really looking forward to the first pics of the cuties!
I guess it is all a matter of perspesctive and how the name sounds in your own language... Gabriella pronounced in italina sounds very good... the translation of Honorè is very bad...and there is even a cake named honorè so it reminds me of that
Old 12-11-2014, 05:23 AM
Aristocracy

Both names are beautiful

Congratulations to very happy parents and God bless Monaco and its Princely Family

Old 12-11-2014, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

So finally, Gabriella and Jacques ...

Congrats to the happy parents and welcome to the little babies !

Jacques is becoming a trending name for catholic babies in France. I would rather have Gabrielle than Gabriella, but both names are quit chic, as we say here.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm very happy the babies are one each... Now, I am a bit dissapointed because the girl was born first and I keep thinking how cute a hereditary princess Gabriella would be... I know that this was already expected but can't help that sort of thought... Hope Jacques will change that law one day...
It was a caesarean. IMO there is no real "born first".
If there wasn't the male primogeniture then the doctor would probably have been told to take the male baby out first.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Big Joy at Monaco yesterday evening

Diaporama | Les carabiniers ont tiré quarante-deux coups de canons suivant la tr | Klaxons à gogo, coups de canons...: Monaco en effervescence pour la double naissance princière | Monaco-Matin

I prefer gabriella because Gabrielle or Gabriel is a name for girl an boy, same prononciation, Gabriealla is for only a girl , it is more feminine. and smart.

Jacques is said in englisk like Jack. There are many Kings in Europa who were called Jacques, in England and in France and in Monaco, there is a prince of Monaco happy .

Jacques will be the next prince sovereign of Monaco and not her sister Gabriella, i am not disturbed by this.

King of Sweden was not very happy whrn the parliament changed the law of sucession, Car Philip was already born . I am sure that it disturbed Carl Philip and perhaps it disturbed Victoria when she had the anorexia.

Ricarda, you are right it was aceasarean, the doctor has to take the babies out very quickly because they are in danger. It is a very quicky gesture and he does not have the time to think who will be the next heir.

the special documentary on Monaco channel yesterday evening

JT Monaco Info spécial naissance princière / Videos / Monaco Info : Le Replay / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 12-11-2014, 05:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
I don't think Albert had anything to do with Jazmin's naming.
I had no day in my step-children's names, but they were still taken into account when my children were born.

It may have played no part, they may simply have decided that a young Princess in this modern age will have enough comparisons to her Grandmother without a naming pressure, but it would be nice (imo) if it was thought about.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
It was a caesarean. IMO there is no real "born first".
If there wasn't the male primogeniture then the doctor would probably have been told to take the male baby out first.
It's not the doctor who decides about who will be born first, but the babies. The baby which can be reached first will be born first. It's as simple as that.

Congratulations to the new parents and the whole princely family of Monaco! I'm happy that it's one of each but I have to get used to the names. Those are not the names I expected, but they are nice if you have had a while to get used to them.

I'm also hugely relieved that Grace isn't included. It's not easy to live up to the name of someone who get's whoreshiped from the whole world and if you really look at it very hard Gabriella could have only disappointed, no matter how hard she tried to live up to the memory of her grandmother. I'm happy her parents were wise enough to not burden her with the name and I really hope Kate and William will also be as wise as to not to burden a potential daughter with the name Diana. It's to early to give the names Grace or Diana in rememberence IMO.

BTW, I'm not unhappy about Jacque being the heridetary prince. In modern times like this when a lot has changed in royal houses it's nice to have a few things still unchanged here and there. Things that bring back a bit of fairytale glitter when it comes to royals.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I guess it is all a matter of perspesctive and how the name sounds in your own language... Gabriella pronounced in italina sounds very good... the translation of Honorè is very bad...and there is even a cake named honorè so it reminds me of that
The cake is named Saint-Honoré and it's delicious. Mind you Honoré is really old fashioned in French !
Old 12-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Aristocracy

This is such a happy event
Congratulations to the couple!
Didn't expect those names, but they've chosen lovely names.
Jacques is a great name.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:07 AM
Majesty

Well, in Paris we have the Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, which is not only the street where the Palais de l'Élysée is located, it is also a very posh street lined with luxe boutiques, art galleries and Embassies. Very fitting for a Prince de Monaco...

The French have a relatively classic taste in names, no Kayleigh or Keano. The most chosen boys names in 2013 were:

Nathan
Lucas
Léo
Gabriël
Timéo
Louis
Raphaël
Arthur
Hugo
Jules
Old 12-11-2014, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
It's not the doctor who decides about who will be born first, but the babies. The baby which can be reached first will be born first. It's as simple as that.
It can be manipulated if necessary. In this case it wasn't necessary.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
The cake is named Saint-Honoré and it's delicious. Mind you Honoré is really old fashioned in French !

I know I know but it is the pictures that comes to my mind whenever I think of the name...

It is the only name I don't like though.... the others are all cute...

Prince Albert released a thankful message:
Albert II: "Je souhaite partager ce bonheur avec les Monégasques et les résidents de mon pays" | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

I guess the video will be available later...

Hope Charlene gets some sleep and rest...
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Big Joy at Monaco yesterday evening

Jacques is said in englisk like Jack. There are many Kings in Europa who were called Jacques, in England and in France and in Monaco, there is a prince of Monaco happy .
Jacques is not pronounced in French as Jack is in English. BTW I don't recall any English or French king ever being named Jacques, at least not as their reigning name. Is Jacques really a common royal name ?
Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Heir Apparent

the message of the prince

Message de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II / Videos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 12-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Allocutions du Prince à l'occasion des naissances de ses enfants
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4700945&type=1