It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably most of relatives and friends have visited the babies... I think there are different entrancies...

Oh WOW, and there is a discussion of the BRF's lack of attendance at Fabiola's funeral .... I think this looks bad. Of course, I guess Charlotte is still involved in her equestrian event, but what of the others?

Please excuse the snide comment but are they on a yacht somewhere??

I was wondering where Caroline is too.. There was a pic of Andrea who visited a few hours after the twins were born.
Thank you for the info on when Caroline's baby pics were released. I still remember her dresses too and a protective grandpa Rainier! Well, happy times are in Monaco again! For sure we will see some pics soon! If not perhaps on Christmas? ;)

Perhaps she is ill??? Or abroad??? I'm sure there must me a reason.... But even her children are mssing... (Andrea especially)... very odd

Andrea did visit and as he lives in London that would suggest an effort was made. As to the others I don't know. They always seem perfectly cordial when they appear together so I'm not going to read too much into this.

Yes But Stephanie was there and she usually doesn't attend many functions... But this was an important ceremony so I would be less surprised if Steph hand't attended that Caroline! She was the the heir for many years after all

the photo of the 'signatures des actes de naissances', the palace said that there were 20 persons who signed the actes , i suppose that there are the persons with princess Stéphanie who signed. perhaps princess Caroline is ill , Andréa lived in London, Charlotte is at Paris .

Palais Princier de Monaco

Photos of the cérémonies of the 'actes des naissances' mass and civil ceremony at eh 'salle du trone'

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.940291515983388.1073741924.286449344700945&type=1

We can see the ceremony on Monaco News which take place at each hour . 9pm; 10pm and so

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrea did visit and as he lives in London that would suggest an effort was made. As to the others I don't know. They always seem perfectly cordial when they appear together so I'm not going to read too much into this.

Exactly. Somehow people think this family hates each other. Maybe they have minor conflicts like any other, but I don't see a family who is hostile . Imo.

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for Caroline's absence. She's probably ill – which would explain why she might not have visited Charlène and the twins yet, out of concern for the health of the little ones. I remember that Christian and Isabella were supposed to visit Mary and the Danish royal twins on the actual day they were born but since Christian had a bit of a cold, they postponed it to the next day.

Lee Z, there was her brother Gareth who was sitting near Camille. He was the only member of the famille of Charlene , her parents were in Benoni when the twins are born.
Perhaps Princess Caroline was present to the funerals of Queen Fabiola and we did not see her.

The palais princier does it in great style, I must say. Much better than in some larger monarchies. My compliments for all the ceremonies surronding the birth of the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès.

Please use English... This signing - what does that mean? Why 20 people? ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't see why the whole family has to come and visit right after the birth. It was a c-section and Charlene has to rest. Even after the natural birth I had I didn't want to see anyone until the next day, because I was to exhausted and at the same time to much in awe that I really had become a mother.

Please use English... This signing - what does that mean? Why 20 people? ��

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

It is the formal registration of the birth, which is obligatory. Because it is about a Prince and Princess, it was all done with formality. The same happens in some other monarchies. There are also monarchies which make no any spectacle of a birth.

An example: HRH The Prince of Orange registers his second daughter, Princess Alexia before the Lord Mayor of The Hague: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/de..._marcela_laurentien_1_8126!image/63398015.jpg and for the ceremony one of the stylish 17th C salons of the Old Townhall was used.

It is just a more ceremonial, 'dressed up', form of the obligatory registration which every father has to do in most countries in Europe. A "normal father" registering a child simply does that at the public office of a townhall, just like going to a bank or so...

:flowers:

Last edited:
It is the formal registration of the birth, which is obligatory. Because it is about a Prince and Princess, it was all done with formality. The same happens in some other monarchies.

An example: HRH The Prince of Orange registers his second daughter, Princess Ariane. The registrar is the Lord Mayor of The Hague, next to him is a clerk. The two gentlemen next to the Prince are the Vice-President of the Council of State and the Prime Minister: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/de..._marcela_laurentien_1_8126!image/63398015.jpg

It is just a more ceremonial, 'dressed up', form of the obligatory registration which every father has to do in most countries in Europe.

Princess Ariane is not the second but the third daughter of the then HRH Prince of Orange. His second daughter is Princess Alexia.

Princess Ariane is not the second but the third daughter of the then HRH Prince of Orange. His second daughter is Princess Alexia.

Yes I was going to correct that, this was the registration of Alexia indeed (not that there was any difference between the three, apart from the colours of the ties....)

:lol:

Again my compliments for the palais princier for the perfect ceremonies. It is wonderful and it adds to what a monarchy should sometimes show: grandeur, dignity and style.

Is this ceremony the equivalent of a Te Deum? Stephanie's daughters are lovely.

In essence it is about the registration of the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès, but in Monaco there is no separation of Church and State like in France. So the civil act (the registration) indeed was followed with a religious act (dedication of the young princely children) in the form of a private Mass.

Last edited:
Very moving ceremony !

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

Not Caroline. noone of the Casiraghi trio! I do not say that something wrong is happenning, but I would not appreciate.

BELATED CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GRIMALDI TWINS!:heart::monacoflag::monacoflag2::fireworks:

There's something so very special about twins (always wished I was one), the closeness, that connection only they two have, beautiful. :flowers:

I can already imagine what they will look like as they grow older, like two little dresden angels/dolls, bright blonde hair the color of the sun and piercing blue eyes (similar to the way Sacha looks now but times two). :hug:

Congratulations to Charlene & Albert ~ what a Christmas gift!:santa3:

Did the Mass take place inside the Palace chapel?

If that was the venue its the first time I've seen inside it and it appears to be small but quite beautiful.

Yes, it is the chapel Inside the palace, she was seen when there was the wedding of Albert and Charlene.

Thanks melina premiere,I thought the wedding took place in the courtyard as the chapel wasn't big enough?

We saw the chapel at the end of the wedding when Albert and Charlene entered in the chapel to sign the register of wedding.

It is all incredibly beautiful. !

OMG, Camille reminds me so much of Grace, especially some pictures that I have seen of a young Grace wearing glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom