The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Nobility

Wow wow!! congratulations to the happy parents
I'm so delighted for them.
Bienvenus du monde La princesse Gabriella et Le prince Jacques

Old 12-10-2014, 10:39 PM
Courtier

Lovely news, congratulations to the family. Jacques is also a popular name in South Africa so I wonder if that name appears in Pr Charlene's side of the family.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful news! Just came on to see the names. I like them!

Prince Jacko! Very special that Albert has given a nod to his mother's family.

I will be content with Princess Gabriella, a lovely name.

I wish them all well, and look forward to that first viewing.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Majesty

So, two free spirited little Sagittarians will be running around the Princely residences. They will be a handful for Charlene and Albert and the nannies, I am sure.

Poor Charlene, I hope she is not too uncomfortable right now. I had a feeling she would have a C-section delivery. Princess Stephanie had one too with Louis, so it doesn't surprise me that she came to the hospital first. I bet she will be named one of the god-parents.

I am curious about the name "Gabriella"...I wonder why they chose it? It's not really a Grimaldi/Kelly name. Maybe it's from the Wittstock side? I wonder what her family nickname will be?

ETA: Blue, I prefer the French "Gabrielle" as well...much more elegant!
Old 12-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

Lovely news :)

I think I'm in the minority in being glad that the new Princess doesn't have Grace as part of her name. I wouldn't give two of my children the same middle name so it would be nice to think that Albert had offered Jazmin that courtesy also.

I wonder where Charles and Louise came from? I much prefer the chosen names!
Old 12-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
There are a prince and a princess , the prince will be the hereditary prince and the litttle princess will seconf in line , it is the constitution , I don't see any problem.

I am very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I agree. Nothing new. We knew on beforehand that the succession was according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine. We can also say, when it are two girls or two boys: "Why the eldest and not the youngest?" It is as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thank you for your voice of reason.

This happy event is no place for politics.
Thank you all for your sanity. Here I was getting up and reading the news with great joy, smiling at the surprise of their names until all the "excepts", took the gilt right off the gingerbread.

This is such a happy event, the arrival of a baby is a source of joy, the arrival of two, little short of a miracle. So welcome to the world little Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, there's an awful lot of people who've been waiting (impatiently) for your arrival.

Congratulations to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene. I pray that you and your families are all happy and well.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post

I think I'm in the minority in being glad that the new Princess doesn't have Grace as part of her name. I wouldn't give two of my children the same middle name so it would be nice to think that Albert had offered Jazmin that courtesy also.

I don't think Albert had anything to do with Jazmin's naming.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Congrats to the couple.

I was so worried they would have Prince Rainier and Princess Grace. I am a little surprised that Gabrielle does not have Grace as a middle name some where though.

Jacque nice way to honor Grandpa Jack, but still Monaco. He will be Jacque II

I don't think Gabrielle has been used in the feminine as a female first name, but definitely in the male, is in the family tree, and a few times as a middle.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Thank you all for your sanity. Here I was getting up and reading the news with great joy, smiling at the surprise of their names until all the "excepts", took the gilt right off the gingerbread.

This is such a happy event, the arrival of a baby is a source of joy, the arrival of two, little short of a miracle. So welcome to the world little Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella, there's an awful lot of people who've been waiting (impatiently) for your arrival.

Congratulations to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene. I pray that you and your families are all happy and well.

Exactly & considering we are cringing w/every time the phone rings right now w/a close Family Friend about to leave us at any time, I really needed something happy to hear about right now. This more than fits the bill.

Welcome to the World Jacques and Gabriella!! Congratulations to both Families!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Commoner

Wonderful news! Congratulations.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexey 1904 View Post
Kathia Sophia: Prince and Princess Michael of Britain's daughter's name is Lady Gabriella Windsor.
There are other royal families with Gabriellas, Gabrielles, and Gabriels
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium have a son Gabriel (2003)
Carl of Austria (heir) has a sister Gabriela (1956)
their sister Monika has a son Gabriel Casanova y Habsburga-Lorena (1983)
cousin M Beatrix of Austria-Este has Gabrielle Riprand v Arco-Zinneberg (1992)
cousin Carl Christian of Austria + Astrid of Luxembourg have a Gabriella (1994)
Astrid's brother Jean's daughter is Marie Gabrielle of Nassau (1986)
Astrid/Jean's nephew Prince Louis of Luxembourg has a son Gabriel (2005)
Eric of Parma also has a Marie Gabrielle (1982)
There are two Maria Gabrielas in Brazil (1959) and her niece (1989)
In that branch Pedro of Brazil also has Gabriel (1980) who has a Gabriel (2013)
In the other branch Francisco of Brazil has a Gabriel (1989)
Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Happily there will be one more hereditary prince in the Europa of Gotha, there are five heir princesses and three crown heir princes, Prince Georges of Cambridge, Prince christian and now prince jacques.
You forgot Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:04 AM
Courtier

Wonderful news. I'm glad all are well. Just to add to the name comments - Jacques could be a nod to Princess Grace's father but it is actually the French for James and Jack is an old diminutive for John. I don't mind Gabriella - it's quite pretty.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Prince Jacko!
Noooo, not "Jacko"... i hope they won't nickname him that, that always makes me cringe (especially when added Wacko to it)
Old 12-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Nobility

I didn't know this had happened until I came on the forum this morning, there was nothing on the BBC etc. at all. Congrats to the family.

How disappointing that the princess is dumped into second place by the fact that she has a brother. I'm so glad that most other countries have acted to avoid such an injustice.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Only 2 hold outs left, Lichtenstein and Monaco, with Spain and GB on the path to changing the laws. At least Gabriella is in line, Lichtenstein still practices agnatic, daughters have no place in the line of succession.

Saddly in Lichtenstein, it is a personal matter. Hans Adam simply doesn't wish to change the house laws. Glad CG didn't have that power in Sweden, we all know nothing would have changed if he had a say. Sad that Hans Adam has no interest in allowing his daughters or granddaughters to ever have a place in line. Yes the house law is older then the principality as he pointed out in an interview, but times move on and things need to change. Unlike Monaco, the line of succession in Lichtenstein is a family matter plain and simple. It can change whenever the sovereign prince chooses. Hopefully his son may see fit to change the family law one day.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Nobility

I'm really glad that the little princess has her own title.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene. I really love the name Gabriella.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotslass View Post

[...]

It were the safest bets as Louis and Charles are very regular names in the genalogical tree of the famille princier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Well, technically Jacques is the only heir apparent and the three future male monarchs are not "equal" as per se in the sense that they're all from different generations. Jacques is son of a monarch, Christian is grandson of a monarch and George is great-grandson of a monarch.

Well said and I fully agree.
Just a question of time: Prince Jacques, Prince Christian and Prince George, all of them will be Heir one day, Deo Volente.

For the people having a problem with Prince Jacques 'robbing' his two-minutes elder sister from her place: we should not even rejoice the happy news for Albert and Charlène today. I don't hear the same people complaining that Albert has 'stolen' his sister's rights. After all, by gender equal succession the line was now:

0 la Princesse Souveraine de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre
1 le prince Andrea de Monaco, Marquis de Baux
2 le prince Alexandre de Monaco
3 la princesse Charlotte de Monaco
4 le prince Pierre de Monaco
5 la princesse Alexandra de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre
6 le prince Albert de Monaco
7 la princesse Gabriella de Monaco
8 le prince Jacques de Monaco

With other words... the complaints about Jacques having precedence above Gabriella are a bit subjective...

Old 12-11-2014, 04:45 AM
Nobility

Nice names, so glad it's not Charles or Louise! Jacques and Gabriella sound much better and unique. Congrats to the couple.