It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news. Congratulations to Charlene and Albert! Looking forward to seeing photos. :monacoflag2:

Wonderful news, I am so happy for the family! I can't wait to see the first pics!

There is no doubt in my mind that Princess Gabriella will, in many years to come, be just as important and beloved to Monaco as second in line to the throne as her brother will be as first. Gosh, they are barely hours old and already I am imagining their lives years ahead! Like everyone else, I am desperate to see the new arrivals and also to see Princess Charlene as a mother!

Gabriella is a beautiful name for the girl. I also like Jacques as the British equivalent Jackis very popular.

Congratulations to the couple and Monaco! Can't wait to see them

How long does Monaco usually take to christen their children?

In one day there have been 3 heirs to the throne.

00h00 - 17h04
S.A.R. la princesse Caroline de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre

17h04 - 17h06
S.A.S. la princesse Gabrielle de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès

17h06 - ..h..
S.A.S. le prince Jacques de Monaco, le prince héritier, Marquis de Baux

:flowers:

Line of succession:

1. S.A.S. le prince Jacques de Monaco, le prince héritier, Marquis de Baux (2004)
2. S.A.S. la princesse Gabrielle de Monaco, Comtesse de Carladès (2004)
3. S.A.R. la princesse Caroline de Monaco, Princesse de Hannovre (1957)
4. Monsieur Andrea Casiraghi (1984)
5. Monsieur Alexandre ('Sacha') Casiraghi (2013)
6. Monsieur Pierre Casiraghi (1987)
7. Mademoiselle Charlotte Casiraghi (1986)

(.
8 HRH Pricness Alexancdra of Hannover
9 HSH Princess Stephanie
10 Louis Ducruet
11 Pauline Ducruet

exactly year ago it was Charlotte who gave birth to Raphael... Tatiana is pregnant again. The family is getting bigger and bigger.

Line of succession:

1. S.a.s. Le prince jacques de monaco, marquis de baux (2004)
2. S.a.s. La princesse gabrielle de monaco, comtesse de carladès (2004)

...(2014)....
;)

Wonderful news! Two healthy babies a beautiful way to end 2014.

The couple have been truly blessed. I am so thrilled it's a boy and a girl. Love the names too, but little disappointed that only Rainier of the grandparents were named.

I am sure the festivities have started in Monaco. And for us lots of exciting events to look forward to...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Aww wonderful that it's both a boy and a girl and I love that they went for names less used in their circle. I was a bit tired of the Royals using pretty much the same names over and over again.

Maybe Gabriella will one day be heiress if the law is changed. Victoria was once in a similar position.

Aww wonderful that it's both a boy and a girl and I love that they went for names less used in their circle. I was a bit tired of the Royals using pretty much the same names over and over again.

Maybe Gabriella will one day be heiress if the law is changed. Victoria was once in a similar position.

Truth this happened in Sweden. Monaco never had a sovereign Princess are you?

It's not necessarily an advantage to be the heir... i'm sure there are 2nd's or 3rd's in line who are very glad that they don't have the burden of being the heir. Today's royal life is not a fairy tale..

Congrats to Albert and Charlene. Hope she is feeling ok. New borns are a great cause for celebration for everyone. Now they will be busy parents despite having nannies and we should see Charlene smile a lot more now. It is great to wake up to some lovely heart warming news for a change.

Love the names! Congratulations to the couple, their families and Monaco!

Wonderful news! And I absolutely love the names!

Well, the mother of Prince Rainier (grandmother of Prince Albert and great-grandmother of Prince Jacques) Princess Charlotte de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois was destined to become the Sovereign Princess. On 30 May 1944, the day before Prince Rainier's 21st birthday, Princess Charlotte renounced and ceded her rights to the throne to her son Rainier, subject to the stipulation that he did not predecease her.

Had Princess Charlotte not renounced or had Prince Rainier died before his mother, Monaco would have had a female head of state.

Picture of the grandparents of the current Prince:
http://i2.esmas.com/editorial-televisa/2013/07/31/548694/charlotte-pierre-de-polignac-633x346.jpg
S.A.S. le prince Pierre Marie Xavier Raphaël Antoine Melchior de Monaco, Duc de Valentinois née Comte de Polignac
S.A.S. la princesse Charlotte Louise Juliette de Monaco, Duchesse de Valentinois

Last edited:
Wonderful news - looking forward to seeing pictures of the twins and Charlene.

congrats to charlene and albert!
it's a shame though they haven't changed the constitution...

i love the names of jacques honore, but less so that of gabriella, i must admit.

i can't wait to see pictures of the little ones!

congrats to charlene and albert!
it's a shame though they haven't changed the constitution...

i love the names of jacques honore, but less so that of gabriella, i must admit.

i can't wait to see pictures of the little ones!

It is not that simple. It is not that Prince Albert says "change it" and it is changed. The only fact that this tiny little dot in the South of France still is an independent state is directly connected with the position of the family ruling it for more than 700 years.

Besides the fact that the monegasques themselves have to agree in a change of the Constitution, there are three succesive treaties between France and Monaco, apart from other international treaties as the famous one of Vienna 1815. The changes in the Constitution of 2002 regarding the succession had to be approved by France. The interest of France is that Monaco extincts as a protectorate and becomes integral French territory when the succession is not exactly executed as agreed between the two countries. I can imagine that, after just a decade of a renewed Constitution, the Prince and the Government are not willing to open Pandora's Box once again.

Last edited:
It's a boy and a girl: Prince Jacques & Princess Gabriella, December 10, 2014

Wonderful news, so pleased that all has gone well. I share the frustration that the oddest isn't the heir, but this isn't the time to moan.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Wow...a boy and a girl....awesome news.

I actually love both names!

Louise Hippolyte reigned with her husband 20 February 1731 – 29 December 1731. She was married to Jacques François Léonor was count of Thorigny, Prince of Monaco as Jacques I and the fourth Duke of Valentinois, 1731 until 1733. She was the daughter of Antonio I and reigned because she had no brothers.

Wow...a boy and a girl....awesome news.

I actually love both names!
So do I. I love the fact they brought back the older family names.

Last edited:
Wonderful news, so pleased that all has gone well. I share the frustration that the oddest isn't the heir, but this isn't the time to moan.

But eeerh.... in your country all Dukes, Marquesses, Earls, Barons, Baronets and Lords are succeeded by the eldest son as well, as the bulk of the Letters Patent are about the heirs male of the body with seniority in the same degree of parenthood.... What happens in Monaco is no different.

Last edited:
Congrats to the royal couple!

Congratulations! May they live a long and happy life.

Well, how do we know the oddest isn't the heir! :p

P.S. - just a joke, I know that was a typo

But eeerh.... in your country all Dukes, Marquesses, Earls, Barons, Baronets and Lords are succeeded by the eldest son as well, as the bulk of the Letters Patent are about the heirs male of the body with seniority in the same degree of parenthood.... What happens in Monaco is no different.

The only country with gender-equal succession in nobility (not in royalty!) is Spain but there the eldest female can voluntarily refuse to apply for vacant titles and leave it to her younger brother, if she wants to keep the family tree unbroken in male lineage.

It is outrageous that this still happens though eldest British female royals can now inherit can they not? I think they said that if George had been a girl she would have succeeded her brother in line to the throne? Still bad that it's only sons that can inherit Dukedom's etc.

I love the name choices! They decided on the names and released so very quickly...I am impressed. They obviously has choices in mind and then decided quickly. It's difficult naming a baby though!

Congratulations to Their Serene Highness-es and all families ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom