The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I never knew that, thank you for the information. It would be interesting to see a map of the Monegasque area before the French Revolution, and a comparison of what it was like after the French Revolution.

I wonder if that is the reason why Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella's titles, Marquis de Baux and Comtesse de Carladès, are from French places (Provence and Auvergne respectively).
Surprised myself:

History of Monaco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 12-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
[....]

I wonder if that is the reason why Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella's titles, Marquis de Baux and Comtesse de Carladès, are from French places (Provence and Auvergne respectively).
Monaco is in the very southern Provence, but it is still some 3 hours driving from Les-Baux-de-Provence to Monte Carlo.

Carladès is in the Auvergne which is really central France. The Lords of Monaco had several possessions, not necessarily forming one area together. For an example, now we have a future Prince Jacques II, the first Jacques was Messire Jacques Goyon de Matignon (the present residence of the Premier Ministre de France is the beautiful Hôtel de Matignon, which shows the wealth and prestige of that family). Thanks to this first Jacques, his possessions as Sire de Matignon, Comte de Torigni, Baron de Saint-Lô, Baron de la Luthumière and Baron de Hambye are still titles of the Maison de Monaco. These fiefs were also not close to Monaco but nevertheless belonging to the Prince.

Even today the Prince owns a large domain and castle in the very North of France, close to the Belgian border. That domain is larger than the principality of Monaco... It is the Domain and the Château de Marchais.

Old 12-16-2014, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

interview of princess Charlene at the hospital by phone to Maonaco Matin

https://translate.google.fr/translat...html&edit-text=
Old 12-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Administrator

The telephone interview was a lovely idea and it's really great that Princess Charlene agreed to do it! Not to forget her answers were lovely as well!

Thanks a lot for posting, melina premiere!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
She will be a wonderful mum
Old 12-16-2014, 12:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Am I the only one who finds that strange? a phone interview?? can't she recuperate first and then face the media?
Old 12-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

For me, it is not strange, it is nice that she gives news to the local news , perhaps she does not want that the reporter enters in her intimitat when she is just revovering

The entire interview will be in Monaco Matin to morrow..

An another interview of princess Charlene in Paris Match

https://translate.google.fr/translat...1814&edit-text=
Old 12-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

I suppose if she feels well enough to give an interview then so be it. I think everyone is just so excited they can't help but talk about it.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Commoner

Quote:
An another interview of princess Charlene in Paris Match

https://translate.google.fr/translat...1814&edit-text=

Thank you very much for those interviews! I so enjoyed them and now we know the reason why everyone is still at the hospital. How nice of Charlene to give that interview! Wishing them all the best!!
Old 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Generally I don't like interviews but since they all still are at the hospital I think it's a nice idea: so did she hint thye are going to release some pics next week? I thought I understood that... About the twins: Why are they so small? I know that twins usually are smaller but they came only 2 weeks earlier... I'm glas they are doing fine though

I guess some pics will be released for Christmas

Royaltyspeaking ‏@Royal_talk 46 sec47 secondi fa Princess Charlene has reveled that she and Albert hope to show off their new children early next week

I get the feeling they even might pose when they leave the hospital next week...
Old 12-16-2014, 06:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Generally I don't like interviews but since they all still are at the hospital I think it's a nice idea: so did she hint thye are going to release some pics next week? I thought I understood that... About the twins: Why are they so small? I know that twins usually are smaller but they came only 2 weeks earlier... I'm glas they are doing fine though

Twins "on time" are always smaller than single babies on time. :-) I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-16-2014, 06:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post

There is only so much room in a mother's womb for them to grow. Plus typically in the last few weeks of gestation babies tend to gain weight. So if they were a little early they may be smaller than a single baby. It sounds like the medical team just wants them to put in some weight before being discharged, which is very normal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

The entire interview published by the palace on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/palaismonac...type=1&theater
Old 12-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Twins are generally smaller than singletons because there isn't enough room for both of them to grow "adequately", but that isn't always the case. Some twins are 6/7lbs each at birth!

Do the Monaco family ever release the birth weights of babies born in the family or are they private?

Lovely interview from Charlene and it's nice that she had time to do a telephone interview. Looking forward to seeing the little twins. =]
Old 12-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Charlene and Albert are being very generous in allowing these interviews, and also with possibly releasing photos before the official presentation on Jan. 7.

I also like the names for the babies: his a saint's name and hers an archangel's name. Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Very nice to give an interview. Two weeks early isn't considered premature I'm pretty sure but the babies must be less than 5.5 lbs to be kept at the hospital, which I think is the standard in the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong I know we have ob s and ob nurses on the board.
Two five pound babies is still a lot of baby!
Old 12-17-2014, 10:51 AM
Commoner

Congratulations to the couple
Old 12-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

The twins never arrive to the terme of a singleton child and as they share the space of the belly of their mother , they are smaller than a singleton. very often, they arrive very earlier , we don't know the weight of Jacques and Gabriella princess Charlene said they are well that they grow up and that they take every day weight. but it is the proceed of the hospital to keep the babies at the hospital when the babies are small . They want to be sure the babies are well before they come home.

She said in Monaco Matin that their rooom is ready at the place , She always likes the name Jacques , it is french and it is also used in South Africa and about all there was a prince Jacques of Monaco and the name is fit for their son. For Gabriella , she searched a name and she found it, She likes it and she told to her husband who found it wery charming.
Charlene hopes she will come back before Christmas and she said that there will be early next week photos of the childre if all is well..

Her hope is to be at Christmas at home with her children and her husband.

She said in Gala Albert and she are very happy withe their twins. they are on a little cloud.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:42 AM
Serene Highness

sooooo sweet
BYe Bine
Old 12-17-2014, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Princess Charlene of Monaco opens up about the birth of her baby twins | Daily Mail Online