The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

For those asking about the formal registration you can see a photo in this thread from 2005 of Rainier for Albert two days after he was born. Albert was born March 14 and presented April 21. The presentation of the twins is actually a few days less than it was with Albert.

Having had a C-section unless its changed Charlene was laying flat on her back for 24 hours. I was out of the hospital in 3 days. Unless there was a problem no one knows about she should have left or is about ready to.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert is born on March 14th 1958.

Charlene has a ceasarian section, it was a surgical precedure. It is more risky for twins birth, the risk of bleeding is twice for a twins birth than for a birth for a singleton child.

The twins have not a same height than a single child, They are not so big they must be looked after.

Mary of denmark gave birth naturally to the twins Vincent and josephine on january 8th 2011 and she left the hospital on january 14th 2011( see the thread about the danish princely twins on RF), she stayed at the hospital 6 days. Josephine came back to hospital some days after because she had problems of health.

Charlene gave birth to the babies wednesday december 10th , we are to day december 13th. only three days and it was not a naturally birth but a birth with ceasarean.

Don't compare your case with the case of charlene.

There are rumors that she may leave the maternity next monday.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Courtier

Why can't we make comparisons? In any case, LadyMacAlpine, wasn't offering a criticism of Charlene so there's no need to jump on what was said.
As I understood it, she was saying Charlene wouldn't have felt up to photos given she would be lying flat on her back! It was being pointed that what has been arranged for presenting the twins is little different from what happened to Albert.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene de Monaco, maman : Albert reconnaît officiellement les jumeaux

This article, in short, says that Charlene should leave the hospital soon next week and that Albert visited her on Friday; soon after he launched a cocktail party and a dinner for the babies I think....

The article says that Caroline and the rest of the family will visit Charlene this weekend...
Old 12-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will be a very merry Christmas for them this year :)

Have a bit of mixed feelings about P.Albert throwing parties and diners now, when P.Charlene can't attend, but maybe she doesn't mind too much and likes to have some time out of the limelight and to herself
Old 12-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually it was a diner with the judo club.... I suppose it had already been planned and he took the chance to make a toast to his children... Besides, I think newly mothers just want to stay alone with their children and sleep while in hospital...
Old 12-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

wonderful the twins are here finally,hope the mum and the kids are in good health.
Congratulations to royal couple and Monaco.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Indeed it will be a wonderful xmas for Prince Albert and I can imagine how much he will want to spoil the twins in a few years when they can understand and appreciate a good xmas. I can just imagine Albert going over the top buying presents for them.
Old 12-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, the article said that charlene should leave the hospital next week. and Albert visited december 12th the members of the judo club where there was a cocktail which celebrated his 40 years of life, Albert was member of this club when he was Young boy.

Monaco Matin said that there will be surely photos of the babies next week ..
Old 12-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

I'm so exited!!!

Queen Mathilde
Old 12-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post

I wonder will the twins make it onto the Christmas cards?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder will the twins make it onto the Christmas cards?
ooohhh...hadn't thought of that... that *would* be neat
but for some reason i would have guessed that they make the Christmas cards well in advance

well, at least we still have loads to look forward too
Old 12-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love those name, they are traditional yet unique. Prince Jacques has a nice ring to it. That his father isnt a spring chicken I wonder if he will be a young monarch.
I'm glad they didn't re-use Grace, even if it is just a middle name it rubs me the wrong way when a father uses the same name for differentertainment children who are half siblings. Grace belongs to the older sister and it should stay with her. Both Gabrielle and Gabriella are beautiful names.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 12-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
For those asking about the formal registration you can see a photo in this thread from 2005 of Rainier for Albert two days after he was born. Albert was born March 19 and presented April 21. The presentation of the twins is actually a few days less than it was with Albert.

[....]
Heu... this was no presentation, this was a formal registration of the birth, followed by a Mass in the chapel of the palais princier. A presentation means that the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès are shown to the monegasques and the residents of the principality. That will happen after New Year.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
For those asking about the formal registration you can see a photo in this thread from 2005 of Rainier for Albert two days after he was born. Albert was born March 14 and presented April 21. The presentation of the twins is actually a few days less than it was with Albert.

Having had a C-section unless its changed Charlene was laying flat on her back for 24 hours. I was out of the hospital in 3 days. Unless there was a problem no one knows about she should have left or is about ready to.
I was in for five days after a c-section without complications in 2000. Maybe she'll go home tomorrow - or as Melina said the babies might be a little small yet.

(...)
Old 12-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Heu... this was no presentation, this was a formal registration of the birth, followed by a Mass in the chapel of the palais princier. A presentation means that the Marquis des Baux and the Comtesse de Carladès are shown to the monegasques and the residents of the principality. That will happen after New Year.

Nobody said it was a presentation. The original whole post was making the point that Albert's official presentation actually took place several weeks after he was born, just as is going to happen with the twins.
Old 12-14-2014, 03:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

(..)

Hope Charlene has the same kind of things at hand right now. Recovering from a C Section, plus learning about the things first time Moms need to know, not to mention if she's going to Breastfeed then there's another added thing to stress about, add in hormones that are all over the place right now and I hope she's got something like her iPod or iPad w/her Favourite Playlists on it to help her out in the stress department. To say she's feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment? I'm willing to bet that's a huge understatement.

I can't wait to see the Babies too, but at the right time for all three of them. Mom especially. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-14-2014, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

The presentation of Princess Caroline and the presentation of prince Albert were the day before the christening, for princess Stéphanie it was the day of the christening after the religious ceremony.
The people native of Monaco 'the true people of Monaco' was invited in the yeard of honor and the family was standing in the galerie hercules. After there was a coktail.

Nowadays, they are too many and all the cérémonies are on the place of the palace as when the prince celebrated his weeding. But the palace did not say if there was the christenings after. The palace only speake about a presentation of the babies

(..)
Old 12-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Administrator

A couple of off-topic posts have been removed - in this special case I've copied them and sent them to the recipient, so that they won't get lost - please use the PM system for personal comments and discussions.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:50 AM
Commoner

Small gift from Poland :)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kola??.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	292882