The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-13-2014, 05:33 AM
Nobility

Very moving ceremony !

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

Old 12-13-2014, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Not Caroline. noone of the Casiraghi trio! I do not say that something wrong is happenning, but I would not appreciate.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:16 AM
Majesty

Is Te Deum Only used in Sweden?
Old 12-13-2014, 06:47 AM
Serene Highness

Andrea visited the night they were born.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:19 AM
Courtier

BELATED CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GRIMALDI TWINS!

There's something so very special about twins (always wished I was one), the closeness, that connection only they two have, beautiful.

I can already imagine what they will look like as they grow older, like two little dresden angels/dolls, bright blonde hair the color of the sun and piercing blue eyes (similar to the way Sacha looks now but times two).

Congratulations to Charlene & Albert ~ what a Christmas gift!
Old 12-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Did the Mass take place inside the Palace chapel?

If that was the venue its the first time I've seen inside it and it appears to be small but quite beautiful.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it is the chapel Inside the palace, she was seen when there was the wedding of Albert and Charlene.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Thanks melina premiere,I thought the wedding took place in the courtyard as the chapel wasn't big enough?
Old 12-13-2014, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

We saw the chapel at the end of the wedding when Albert and Charlene entered in the chapel to sign the register of wedding.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:44 AM
Courtier

It is all incredibly beautiful. !

OMG, Camille reminds me so much of Grace, especially some pictures that I have seen of a young Grace wearing glasses.
Old 12-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
We saw the chapel at the end of the wedding when Albert and Charlene entered in the chapel to sign the register of wedding.
Ah thank you,I do recall that part alright,I think they should use the chapel more in the future.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Official presentation of the twins on 7 January:

Présentation officielle de Jacques et Gabriella de Monaco : 7 janvier 2015
Old 12-13-2014, 11:21 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is the formal registration of the birth, which is obligatory. Because it is about a Prince and Princess, it was all done with formality. The same happens in some other monarchies. There are also monarchies which make no any spectacle of a birth.

An example: HRH The Prince of Orange registers his second daughter, Princess Alexia before the Lord Mayor of The Hague: http://www.refdag.nl/polopoly_fs/de_...e/63398015.jpg and for the ceremony one of the stylish 17th C salons of the Old Townhall was used.

It is just a more ceremonial, 'dressed up', form of the obligatory registration which every father has to do in most countries in Europe. A "normal father" registering a child simply does that at the public office of a townhall, just like going to a bank or so...

Thank you for the explanation. I guess this is what Stephanie refused to do at the birth of Camille. Was there no such registration making her a "nobody"? A bit off topic I know but I think it is strange that registration of a child is based on a father stepping forward or not.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-13-2014, 11:22 AM
Majesty

When was the last time charlene was seen. I cant remember we saw her
Old 12-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

It was at the last national fest of Monaco on november 19th.

During this ceremony, Prince Jacques received officially the title of Marquis des Baux and Princess Gabriella received officially the title of comtesse de Carladès.
Old 12-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

I'm trying to work out when PC will leave hospital but I suppose it's hard to say. My son was born first thing in the morning and I left 3 and a half days later but I must stress that I was in no way back to normal by that point. Myself and my child were medically cleared to go home but I walked out of that hospital in teeny baby steps with my husband helping me to the car and a nurse very kindly carried the baby out to the car for us. I therefore can't imagine the Princess standing at the hospital door baby in arms when she leaves but instead think that perhaps she may leave by a side entrance and official photos taken at the palace will appear later. I could be wrong of course but I'm just going by my own experience. Basically I'm just dying to see a picture if the tiny little Prince and Princess!
Old 12-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene! It seemed that Charlene's pregnancy lasted for ages, so I'm pleased to hear that the twins are finally here.

I love their names together, though neither of them are to my personal taste, but Jacques is quite handsome I guess. I love their middle names however. I'm surprised not to see Grace in Princess Gabriella's combination (I didn't expect it to be a first name, but it would have been nice as a middle name). I also find it strange how Gabriella was used instead of Gabrielle, though as another member pointed out upthread, perhaps Gabriella is used in the Monegasque language. Gabriella is also of Italian origins and Italian is one of the languages spoken in Monaco (it's official languages are French, Monegasque, Italian and Occitan), so perhaps that's another reason as to why they used it. (And plus the Grimaldis were originally Italian.) Therefore I guess Gabriella was used in a more international way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
When was the last time charlene was seen. I cant remember we saw her
I think it was at the National Day celebrations last month (?), but I'm not sure on that one either.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-13-2014, 11:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
[....] I also find it strange how Gabriella was used instead of Gabrielle, though as another member pointed out upthread, perhaps Gabriella is used in the Monegasque language. Gabriella is also of Italian origins and Italian is one of the languages spoken in Monaco (it's official languages are French, Monegasque, Italian and Occitan), so perhaps that's another reason as to why they used it. (And plus the Grimaldis were originally Italian.) Therefore I guess Gabriella was used in a more international way.

I think it was at the National Day celebrations last month (?), but I'm not sure on that one either.
When you leave Monaco in the east, you arrive in Menton, which is bordering Italy. It is really very, very close to Italy. The Grimaldis have a lot of Italian names in the genealogical tree and even the surname Grimaldi is Italian (originally from Genova). No wonder that there are Italian influences and Gabriella simply has more melody than Gabrielle, if you ask me.

By the way, the eldest daughter of the Prince is Jazmin Grace Grimaldi, so the name of Princess Gracia has already been used.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes, I had already mentioned the Monegasque Princely Family's Italian heritage. I already know that the family were originally Italian, and it's my understanding that the first Grimaldis to come to Monaco were Italian soldiers who had captured a fortress and claimed it their own. I actually prefer Gabrielle to Gabriella. Gabriella has always come across as rather dated to me, and Gabrielle sounds fresher and prettier.

Grace (I doubt it was Gracia, as Grace was originally from America, which is as we know an English speaking country) is only Jazmin's middle name, so there wouldn't be much confusion if Albert and Charlene had named their daughter that. Family names often get repeated, either due to tradition or the original bearer of the name being a respected and loved member of the family. In some cases, names get repeated if the original bearer of the name passes away, and the family wanted to remember them by giving their name or a variation of their name to a new family member. My little cousin's middle name is the same as his paternal grandfather's first name, as he died of an illness a little bit before his birth.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Majesty

Yes, somewhere one has to start and indeed the Grimaldis started on "the rock" as a kind of warlords. In Genova the four families d'Oria, Fieschi di Lavagna, Spinola and Grimaldi were the most prestigious ones and also intermarried to maintain and strenghten their position. The Grimaldi family is really very interesting.