The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Happy Birthday Prince Albert! Too bad Princess Caroline and her family, and Princess Antoinette's family didn't attend. It would have been great if a new official family pic inside the Palace would have been taken.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Antoinette was their and so was her daughter and granddaughter

Old 03-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

Glistening Seas

I saw that antionette was there, even though Caroline and her family cannot perhaps stephanie shows in the day festivities and Caroline and family at night??? It's marvelous to see that PA is a hands on Monarch along with his family. It's marvelous to see Monaco and it's people enjoying "their" Prince and he enjoying "his" people. It's one of the great qualities of their family they truly are the sparkle that makes Monaco. looks like whomever is covering the festivities is doing a good job. For most of people it will take an extra couple of hours on the treadmill to work some of that cake off tee hee but b-days are like that. let's hope for more pics. Many moooore b-days. They have really lucked out to have a beautiful day for the festivities.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco's Prince Albert celebrates 50th birthday

MONTE CARLO (AFP) - Prince Albert II of Monaco was feted by some 6,000 people on Friday who turned out at palace square to watch the monarch cut a huge strawberry cake for his 50th birthday.

The prince, who inherited the throne after his father's death in April 2005, recalled in an address to well-wishers "the special ties that have united the prince to his subjects for the past 700 years."

Monaco's Prince Albert celebrates 50th birthday - Yahoo! News UK
Old 03-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Any Charlene sightings?
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

None so far
Old 03-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

Kind of a sweet and tender moment between the siblings...
Stephanie says :... Happy Birtday ...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o...sin-stepha.jpg

Here're the pictures we picked. Albert looks good... I'm lovin' the tie.

Famille Princière de Monaco: Anniversaire d'un prince ...
Old 03-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Happy Birthday Prince Albert! Too bad Princess Caroline and her family, and Princess Antoinette's family didn't attend. It would have been great if a new official family pic inside the Palace would have been taken.
I agree with you! Caroline should have been there, IMO!

From Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO II COMPARTE CON LOS CIUDADANOS LA TARTA DEL 'CUMPLEAÑOS DE LA DESILUSIÓN'

From Getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Majesty

Here's a little video, the caption states that Pierre was there as well, someone has a pic of him?

Video

Prince Albert said in an interview that some family members will be missing because they have to prepare the after party, still strange to me.

I've found this comment in this article:

Alberts einsamer Geburtstag: Wo war Charlene Wittstock? - Bild.de
Old 03-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

What is he waiting for? Does he want his throne to go to his sister's children? I would think he would want to have his own offspring to inherit the throne and princely title.
I just don't know about this guy. I guess he seems to think he is still 20 and playing the field. I just don't know why he won't settle down. Guess he is afraid of committement? WHo knows, why should I care? I know because I am a royalty freak!!
God help me!
Old 03-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh thanks, I hadn't seen Princess Antoinette's family there. Has it been said where will tonight's party take place?
Old 03-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s View Post
Oh thanks, I hadn't seen Princess Antoinette's family there. Has it been said where will tonight's party take place?
According to an article

"Sources said a private birthday party was planned at a Grimaldi family residence in northern France"
Old 03-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Radker. I hope they all take an official family picture with Princess Caroline and her children, Princess Stephanie and her kids, Princess Antoinette's family too. It's been almost 10 years without a family picture :(
Old 03-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness

Yeah I hope so to
Old 03-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
Here's a little video, the caption states that Pierre was there as well, someone has a pic of him?

Video

Prince Albert said in an interview that some family members will be missing because they have to prepare the after party, still strange to me.

I've found this comment in this article:

Alberts einsamer Geburtstag: Wo war Charlene Wittstock? - Bild.de

Thank you for the birthday pics But-
Please. All of us can't read German. What, please, is the gist of this article. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

Who is the little blonde boy in the cake-cutting pictures?
And does anyone know if CW was at the private party later on?
I guess he smartened up and did not let his once-in-a-lifetime 50th birthday party become the Charlene Wittstock show? !
R.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalee View Post
I guess he smartened up and did not let his once-in-a-lifetime 50th birthday party become the Charlene Wittstock show? !
R.
I believe you are correct!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:40 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
R.
The little boy is the youngest Monégasque, who was born on March 14. He celebrated
his 3rd birthday yesterday. Albert had especially invited all those Monégasques who
have their birthday on the same day as he has and those people were the first to
share the cake with

Thanks for all the nice pics! It was wonderful to see Steph and Antoinette
there as well, me too, I've missed the other members of the family, but
maybe they did not want to steal the show as it's been Albert's day.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Probably, can't have one without the other . Some new spieces of Siamese twins has evolved here. JMO!
Quote:
R.
I'm not so sure about that, practically all the reports I read mentioned her or lamented her absence. Basically all the tributes, photo galleries and the one "documentary" I saw managed to mention Charlene and wedding rumours. Some of them rather substantially. The local paper interviewed three invitees to Albert's party yesterday and two of them managed to mention wedding announcements. (I assume the interviews were held before Albert's little speech.) So the palace's denial didn't even reach Albert's own subjects, let alone the rest of the world. IMO, and IMO only probably, Albert's 50th has well and truly been eclipsed by Charlene. Even if she wasn't present.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am very disappointed, it seems to me that this 50th birthday was a non-event