HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Albert came to Russia for meeting with Putin, he asked to show him the most beautiful places of this country. It was his own initiative.

AquaMarine, are you sure that PA didn't ask Putin to show him the most beautiful girls in his country? Just asking!:flowers:

Is P Albert still in Russia? There are a lot of articles online about Albert's visit to Russia, but they focus on Putin rather and his Rambo look.

Thanks. The event did make the frontpage here, but not the news (as far as I know). So moving footage was yet again absent in my life... Seeing as you live in the area (sort of ), what is the opinion there about this trip? And what about the Sochi connection, did Albert vote for Sochi and is this holiday a thank you for voting for Sochi? And is it usual for Putin to take people out for a holiday? Sorry for all the questions, I'm in a nosey mood today, though I'd like to call it inquisitive.

Ghislaine, :flowers: I would not say that the event had the front-page here, it was just listed among other news and more about Putin than about Albert. I live in the country that is situated in the neighbourhood with Russia, Mongolia and China and usually don’t pay special attention to Putin' trips, but I think it was for the first time when he appeared as "macho" :lol: Not a bad PR-stroke, I would say. As to holidays, to my mind come Putin' outings with Bush and Berlusconni both in their countries and in Russia. Agree, the trust relationships in policy play an important part...Regarding Sochi, as I remember Albert said about "support", but I don't know which one exactly...

Royal-Pauper said:
AquaMarine, are you sure that PA didn't ask Putin to show him the most beautiful girls in his country? Just asking!

Royal-Pauper :flowers:, no, I am not sure… :D I saw how the face of Albert animated when he heard that the medieval local ruler took a Chinese woman as a wife. Albert evidently liked that idea :wub: and I suppose he would not have objections against Tyva’ girls if they happen to be around.

Is P Albert still in Russia? There are a lot of articles online about Albert's visit to Russia, but they focus on Putin rather and his Rambo look.

Yes, he is. Yesterday Prince Albert arrived to Irkutsk. Today he goes to see Baikal Lake. On August, 17 (tomorrow) PA will go to Tiksi (Tiksi is a small port settlement on Arktic Ocean coast in Yakutia), and after Tiksi he'll visit Kamchatka (Russian Far East).

That sounds like after his US tour he is doing a Russian tour. At least he is keeping it balanced between the superpowers. :D looks like he is also taking some interesting souvenirs Show-Telegramm - Bild.T-Online.de Not to recommend for immitation ;)

Last edited:
Thanks paca the photo is hilarious with the sunglasses but I must say that PA has to start watching his weight - that tummy of his is not a good sign!
He should have done since a long time... he puts on weight ..........and he loses weight.

I didn't notice he lost weight recently.....:ermm: when was that?

BBC NEWS | Europe | Monaco prince gets Russian seals

.........The phrase "official seals of Monaco" has taken on a new meaning, as the principality will soon boast two baby freshwater seals from Siberia.
The mammals - unique to Lake Baikal - were presented to Prince Albert II by Irkutsk regional governor Alexander Tishanin during the monarch's holiday.....

Where would these baby seal live in monaco? Albert lost weight last year and gain it back this year and extra.

Where would these baby seal live in monaco? Albert lost weight last year and gain it back this year and extra.
From the BBC article above:
The "nerpa" seal pups will have a new home in Monaco's Oceanographic Museum.
I think Albert's perceived weight loss and gain are just optical illusions. You just can't loose or gain so much weight within a week that it is visible. I suspect it's just the camera angle, the suit and the happy or unhappy look on Albert's face. JMO. :ohmy:

Albert visited Kamchatka :flowers:. During his two-day' stay there he promised to tell European "about the beauty of Kamchatka and local beer (!) :ROFLMAO: , and also said that the next year he is going to invite to Kamchatka Prince Charles"...IMHO, it would be better if Albert could visit it with his wife instead...;)

Looks like Albert is in trouble yet again BUNTE.T-Online.de Newsline First he has to deny that he is taking seals home (I suppose someone advised him that it wasn't PC and that animal gifts to heads of state have widely been abandonned - for good reason), now he is under suspicion of having hunted out of season by Greenpeace. Of course Greenpeace is rather agressive and does not hesitate to lie to persue their means (such as offering to transport a dead whale and then towing it to a japanese embassy to make a statement). Someone should tell them that these measures hurt their cause rather then support it. And as much as I find to criticise with ALbert lately, I doubt that he would hunt out of season. I am not sure whether he even does hunt. I know that Rainier did and Caro is a hunter, but with Albert and Steph I am not sure. They might have been taught as it seems to be the sort of thing that used to be expected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you practice it. In general I believe though that hunting should be left to responsible experts, rather then to amateurs who might only wound the animal and cause unnecessary suffering.

I don't know where to post this. It is about some organist in Monaco, who might be sentenced for the joke about prince Albert.
TODAY'S ZAMAN

Looks like Albert is in trouble yet again BUNTE.T-Online.de Newsline First he has to deny that he is taking seals home (I suppose someone advised him that it wasn't PC and that animal gifts to heads of state have widely been abandonned - for good reason), now he is under suspicion of having hunted out of season by Greenpeace. Of course Greenpeace is rather agressive and does not hesitate to lie to persue their means (such as offering to transport a dead whale and then towing it to a japanese embassy to make a statement). Someone should tell them that these measures hurt their cause rather then support it. And as much as I find to criticise with ALbert lately, I doubt that he would hunt out of season. I am not sure whether he even does hunt. I know that Rainier did and Caro is a hunter, but with Albert and Steph I am not sure. They might have been taught as it seems to be the sort of thing that used to be expected, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you practice it. In general I believe though that hunting should be left to responsible experts, rather then to amateurs who might only wound the animal and cause unnecessary suffering.
So, Albert did to get any seals from Russia.:rolleyes: Another rumour created by the media. I understand it was denied by princely palace. Now, it turned out prince Albert did not hunt during his Siberia trip. It is hard to trust the media sometimes. BTW, I have never heard that Albert likes hunting. Rainer and Caro, yes, but not Albert.

Last edited by a moderator:
No Albert don't, only Caroline and the late Rainer like to hunt.

I don't know where to post this. It is about some organist in Monaco, who might be sentenced for the joke about prince Albert.
TODAY'S ZAMAN

So, Albert did to get any seals from Russia.:rolleyes: Another rumour created by the media. I understand it was denied by princely palace. Now, it turned out prince Albert did not hunt during his Siberia trip. It is hard to trust the media sometimes. BTW, I have never heard that Albert likes hunting. Rainer and Caro, yes, but not Albert.
Well, since it was a news agency in both cases it was reported widely. I am not so sure about the truth of it that he didn't accept the seals. He was being quoted, I don't know whether there were any TV reports in local TV, but I wouldn't be surprised if the seals have been offered. Maybe he had second thoughts or his advisors told him that it wasn't such a good idea after all. I know that in Africa people nowadays make photosafaris and I believe that Albert did sth alike with som bird watchers in the states a while back. Maybe it was from the beginning planned to take pics and observe, a kind of hunt that is not forbidden during any season. Who knows? As to Greenpeace, well they jump on any waggon to have the media talk about them and a wealthy prince is an easy target.

Well, he's back in town and was quite tired tonight. He looked relaxed, though had some blunders in his speech as he lost himself in the script and has some difficulties finding his way around. Akward moment, but he is not the first one to whom that happens and afterwards he seemed quite relaxed again, so apparently he is able to put things like that quickly out of his mind.
It was at the volunteers evening for the little games and I have to admit that it was a very enjoyable evening. Maybe people would have been more relaxed without him around. Although he was warmly welcomed, there was sth badly at ease in the air.

Well, he's back in town and was quite tired tonight. He looked relaxed, though had some blunders in his speech as he lost himself in the script and has some difficulties finding his way around. Akward moment, but he is not the first one to whom that happens and afterwards he seemed quite relaxed again, so apparently he is able to put things like that quickly out of his mind.
It was at the volunteers evening for the little games and I have to admit that it was a very enjoyable evening. Maybe people would have been more relaxed without him around. Although he was warmly welcomed, there was sth badly at ease in the air.

Maybe he was overtired from his Russian trip? I have to ask if Charlene was present since she was in attendance at the games? I think people genuinely like him but are upset with him hense the warm reception but bad feeling. Just a guess.

Yes she was there. She yawned several times (though with her I believe it was probably boredom), whereas his eyes seemed to be self closing. I have to say I was a little tired as well this evening and in the beginning not really in the mood, but even hyper critical me couldn't find fault with the organization. It was a lovely evening, good food that definetely made up for the food we had during the games and an excellent show. There was just IMO a little sth in the air that gave me the impression that people were not quite at ease. There were obviously many glances towards the couple and those who dared to comment, found that they didn't see much warmth there. I really don't think that anyone who looked at them tonight would have heard wedding bells.

Paca,
I was reading one of your posts and you were saying that Prince Albert sang. Does he sing well? Is it easy to see him in Monaco. Thanks so much for your posts.

Yes she was there. She yawned several times (though with her I believe it was probably boredom), whereas his eyes seemed to be self closing. I have to say I was a little tired as well this evening and in the beginning not really in the mood, but even hyper critical me couldn't find fault with the organization. It was a lovely evening, good food that definetely made up for the food we had during the games and an excellent show. There was just IMO a little sth in the air that gave me the impression that people were not quite at ease. There were obviously many glances towards the couple and those who dared to comment, found that they didn't see much warmth there. I really don't think that anyone who looked at them tonight would have heard wedding bells.

Thanks paca so good to have someone who attends these events and is an eye witness! It seems to be a theme that there lacks chemistry between these two. Good to here that although tired, Albert was relaxed for a change.

Since this thread isn't the place to be taking cheap shots at Charlene, I've deleted a couple of posts.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

Paca,
I was reading one of your posts and you were saying that Prince Albert sang. Does he sing well? Is it easy to see him in Monaco. Thanks so much for your posts.
I think at some point in his CV on the palace page, it was written that while studying in the states he also joined a choir. So I suppose that he does sing well enough. Since a lot of us were singing along, I don't think though that you could have heard, if he sang whole heartedly wrong.:lol: No one would have paid much attention anyways as the performers were so good and really people barely kept on their seats. But no surprise when you are listening to a medley of Ray Charles songs which are not just performed Karaoke style. I know Cotton Club was way before that, but that was the sort of atmosphere they managed to create. Ad you can't help but being sucked in, whether you like the type of music or not.

YES, he sings! When he was at Amherst College, he was in the glee club. It says so on palais.mc on his bio. :lol:
I am sad that I missed the "cheap shots" at Charlene that Elspeth had to delete! HAHA That must have been funny as always....
So where is Albert going to keep his nerpa seals from the Russian government?

I think at some point in his CV on the palace page, it was written that while studying in the states he also joined a choir. So I suppose that he does sing well enough. Since a lot of us were singing along, I don't think though that you could have heard, if he sang whole heartedly wrong.:lol: No one would have paid much attention anyways as the performers were so good and really people barely kept on their seats. But no surprise when you are listening to a medley of Ray Charles songs which are not just performed Karaoke style. I know Cotton Club was way before that, but that was the sort of atmosphere they managed to create. Ad you can't help but being sucked in, whether you like the type of music or not.
I heard that during his whole time at the choir in Amhurst he only moved his lips. Apparently he only joined the choir because he liked one particular girl who was in it.
I'm sure he still does it.

I heard that during his whole time at the choir in Amhurst he only moved his lips. Apparently he only joined the choir because he liked one particular girl who was in it.

Well, that does sound about right.... :D

Well, he does the singing bit during mass too and I'm not sure that there is anyone there he would like to impress. Only priests and women out of his targeted agegroup who would see it.

I've seen Albert a couple of times in Monaco "unexpectedly". Last year I saw him presenting the Golden Foot Awards near to the Grimaldi Centre. It's an annual event (early Sept) that is held early evening in the open air so it's very good for sight seeing. Going back quite a few years, I was at the summer open air cinema in its old location, & he arrived with a young lady (& queued, yes queued at the kiosk for drinks). He left before the end of the film - I think the film was Dances With Wolves. I often wonder what his bodyguards thought as they didn't get to see the rest of the film. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom