HSH Prince Albert of Monaco - 50th Birthday

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Friday 14th March 2008

On the occasion of His fiftieth birthday, H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince has decided to invite Monegasques, together with their spouses and children, to the Place du Palais on 14th March 2008.

It follows that all administrative departments and schools will be closed on that day from 11:30 onwards.

The Prince’s Government invites all private sector employers in the Principality to implement all available measures to enable Monegasques and their spouses to take part fully, and as easily as possible, in this day of celebration.

Press release

Glistening Seas

:ohmy:looks like the palais is going to be very happily crowded place on the 14th. how exciting.:cheers::news::popcorn::rainbow: I hope everyone eats a extra piece of cake for all of us whom cannot make it. ohh and for those whom would like to stow away in PA's luggage for this great event; I'd lay off the extra piece of cake. :lol: it c-o-ul-d make the trip out a bit "snug" tee hee:innocent:

I wonder if prince Albert will invite other royals on his 50th B-day. I remember kings of Norway and Sweden organized official celebrations with royal families invited on their "round" birthdays, other royal heads of states did this in the past too.

I doubt it Lakshmi. I don't think that the principality has all that status and prestige among the european royals... besides, i think that other monarchies regard monaco as a second rate state, unworthy of their respect and consideration. Just think, how many royals were at prince rainier's funeral...

I doubt it Lakshmi. I don't think that the principality has all that status and prestige among the european royals... besides, i think that other monarchies regard monaco as a second rate state, unworthy of their respect and consideration. Just think, how many royals were at prince rainier's funeral...

There were a lot of royals at Rainier's funeral. It was Albert's investiture that the "B" list showed up. There is an invitation extended to all citizens of Monaco and their families to join the Prince for a birthday celebration. Other plans to celebrate are apparently private.

There were a lot of royals at Rainier's funeral. It was Albert's investiture that the "B" list showed up. There is an invitation extended to all citizens of Monaco and their families to join the Prince for a birthday celebration. Other plans to celebrate are apparently private.

Well actually there was descent representation of royals at the enthronement in November. Crown Princess Victoria probably does not think of herself as B List. You may be thinking of the absence of reigning monarchs at the event but that is the traditional protocol for such events. Reigning monarchs generally do not attend each others enthronement ceremonies. The attendance of the President of Iceland was more of an oddity at such an event.

Last edited:
Well actually there was descent representation of royals at the enthronement in November. Crown Princess Victoria probably does not think of herself as B List. You may be thinking of the absence of reigning monarchs at the event but that is the traditional protocol for such events. Reigning monarchs generally do not attend each others enthronement ceremonies. The attendance of the President of Iceland was more of an oddity at such an event.

You are correct of course on the reigning monarch part but I was disappointed in general because it seemed, with the exception of CP Victoria, and the Pres. of Iceland, that the next in line to the thrones were missing. Prince Andrew came instead of Prince Charles for example.

Anyway back on topic, I guess he is trying to make his birthday a "Monaco is my family" atmosphere with the invitation from the palace. I guess we will have to see what they have arranged.

Last edited:
It seems they'll be doing moreless the same type of event like they did back in 1997 for Prince Rainier's 75th birthday.

I completely forgot his birthday . I hope he has a great Birthday and hopefully we will get pictures from it

So, are reporters allowed on the event? I thought they were going to make it reporter free....

Glistening Seas

:Da-h-h-h is the entire radio show PA's music??:ROFLMAO: well, that's grea-aa-t. how long will the show last? does it only reach those in France or will the rest of Europe be hearing it as well?:innocent::monacostandard::rainbow::popcorn::popcorn::shamrock: didn't anyone notice? there isn't a happy b-day smiley?? how could this beee.?!:shamrock: well this will "have" to "do" :shamrock:

This is a very nice retrospective....I hope he has a wonderful birthday....I especially liked the first pic...he was such a cute little baby.....:wub:

Glistening Seas

:cheers:my fav pics is the one of his mom and dad and when he was young in the yacht first time i have seen these. let's hope for a fun parteee day:monacostandard::popcorn::fireworks:

Pics from Abaca Press
A giant birthday cake is carried in front of Prince Albert II of Monaco for his 50th Birthday celebration in Monte-Carlo, Monaco on March 14, 2008.
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

I've just been up to the Place du Palais Princier - unfortunately they weren't letting in non-Monegasques :( Still, they had a nice sunny day for their celebrations.

Happy Birthday Prince Albert! Too bad Princess Caroline and her family, and Princess Antoinette's family didn't attend. It would have been great if a new official family pic inside the Palace would have been taken.

Princess Antoinette was their and so was her daughter and granddaughter

Glistening Seas

:cheers: I saw that antionette was there, even though Caroline and her family cannot perhaps stephanie shows in the day festivities and Caroline and family at night??? It's marvelous to see that PA is a hands on Monarch along with his family. It's marvelous to see Monaco and it's people enjoying "their" Prince and he enjoying "his" people. It's one of the great qualities of their family they truly are the sparkle that makes Monaco. looks like whomever is covering the festivities is doing a good job. For most of people it will take an extra couple of hours on the treadmill to work some of that cake off tee hee but b-days are like that. let's hope for more pics. Many moooore b-days. They have really lucked out to have a beautiful day for the festivities. :monacostandard::popcorn::rainbow::fireworks:

Monaco's Prince Albert celebrates 50th birthday

MONTE CARLO (AFP) - Prince Albert II of Monaco was feted by some 6,000 people on Friday who turned out at palace square to watch the monarch cut a huge strawberry cake for his 50th birthday.
b

The prince, who inherited the throne after his father's death in April 2005, recalled in an address to well-wishers "the special ties that have united the prince to his subjects for the past 700 years."

Monaco's Prince Albert celebrates 50th birthday - Yahoo! News UK

Happy Birthday Prince Albert! Too bad Princess Caroline and her family, and Princess Antoinette's family didn't attend. It would have been great if a new official family pic inside the Palace would have been taken.
I agree with you! Caroline should have been there, IMO!

From Hola
Galerías de imágenes
ALBERTO II COMPARTE CON LOS CIUDADANOS LA TARTA DEL 'CUMPLEAÑOS DE LA DESILUSIÓN'

From Getty
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Last edited:
Here's a little video, the caption states that Pierre was there as well, someone has a pic of him?

Video

Prince Albert said in an interview that some family members will be missing because they have to prepare the after party, still strange to me.

I've found this comment in this article:

Alberts einsamer Geburtstag: Wo war Charlene Wittstock? - Bild.de

Last edited:
What is he waiting for? Does he want his throne to go to his sister's children? I would think he would want to have his own offspring to inherit the throne and princely title.
I just don't know about this guy. I guess he seems to think he is still 20 and playing the field. I just don't know why he won't settle down. Guess he is afraid of committement? WHo knows, why should I care? I know because I am a royalty freak!!
God help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom