General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the French police lie to the Telegraph about this? Am I misreading?

If the escape attempts are true, why are they going to S. Africa so soon. She should just stay there if she wants to.

I doubt that Charlene herself really wanted to fly away before the wedding,she had been engaged to Albert and had promised to marry him.If there was a bad story about,I would think it could have been Charlene's father who tried to protect his adult daughter(I think so because her father during some moments of the ceremony looked deeply sad and even a little angry)

I don't know the answer. If she really wanted to leave, I am sure she could have found a way. She could have never returned from her trip to Greece. Who knows, there might be another little....., but if it is 18months old, that was over two years ago and, they, certainly were not enegaged to one another. Albert is the sloppiest royal there is. He must have heard about birth control, otherwise he would have more I am sure.

Albert and Charlene were not in a monogamist relationship. Sources to support my others posts and this one. This is the post that (August 2006) had the photos of Charlene looking at some of Albert with another woman.

If one child is in fact 18 months old that would put the birth about January 2009.

Nice airport, France, 23 February 2009 THE RUMOURS OF SPLIT BETWEEN ALBERT AND CHARLENNE CONFIRMED: ALBERT OF MONACO SPENT A LONG WEEKEND WITH A NEW FEMALE FRIEND. The Prince Albert of Monaco was photographed today at the airport of Nice, when returning on board of his private jet from a long romantic weekend at his Castle in Marche. Albert of Monaco has spent along weekend of four days and three nights with a new woman, what also confirms that his relationship with Charlene Witstock is over. Albert and his new girlfriend spent the last three nights together, without the company of Charlene, who has been lately far of her Prince. The relationship between the Prince of Monaco and the Southafrican swimmer always were stormy with many up and downs, and became very cold after they returned from a private trip Southafrica in the beginning of the year, and never again have been seen together since that moment. Prince Albert usually spent weekends at his private weekends' shelter of the Marche castle with Charlene, and this is the first time that he goes there with a different woman.
Photos I heard he was dating this woman in the fall of 2008.

I tried to find these photos in the threads and the discussions. I'm not sure what happened to them.

I count the engagement the time he made the commitment to Charlene to be monogamist.

Edited to add: This is not the girl who claims to have gotten pregnant by him.

Last edited:
Why would the French police lie to the Telegraph about this? Am I misreading?

The Telegraph is reporting 'sources cited by the French press'.

So the French police didn't lie to the Telegraph and we have the unnamed sources who are making these comments to the French press and the Telegraph are then reporting it in the English press.

Thanks for the details. Perhaps the sources in Nice will one day come forward (and tell why she was stopped at the airport and how they know that).

I do think it might be hard to get out of her situation all by herself, but she should have shared her concerns with her own family, I'd think. It sounds like some pre-wedding drama really went down, but they smoothed it over. I hadn't heard about the 18-month-old until today, and the article reads as if the Prince is being compelled to undergo testing - with the demands to test being made quite recently.

That's the spin other publications are putting on this, but it is showing up in the global news - not an auspicious start to married life.

we might never know but about the 3erd chhild we might find out in a near future, may be she got cold feet, she thought that it is too hard for her to handled, but at this point too late to canceld the wedding!

I think it is so sad that a royal bride who has doubts is forced to go through with it because "it's too late to cancel". I suppose it might be the same for brides in other rich and powerful families.
Am I just too unromantic in thinking that if a woman agrees to marry a certain type of man then they are accepting that he is probably going to cheat?

Last edited:
The Telegraph is reporting 'sources cited by the French press'.

So the French police didn't lie to the Telegraph and we have the unnamed sources who are making these comments to the French press and the Telegraph are then reporting it in the English press.

Okay, got it now. Was too surprised on the first couple of times through. I'll run off to the "French press."

I think it is so sad that a royal bride who has doubts is forced to go through with it because "it's too late to cancel". I suppose it might be the same for brides in other rich and powerful families.
Am I just too unromantic in thinking that if a woman agrees to marry a certain type of man then they are accepting that he is probably going to cheat?

If a man has a history of sleeping around and the evidence to back it up then why would you expect that to change once he puts a ring on your finger.

Charlene knows her man, knows what they are talked about about his past and their plans for the future.

She has walked into this marriage with her eyes wide open and also knows that her primary duty is to have a legitimate child to inherit the throne - two or three would be better and then she is basically free to do her own thing.

I believe if the princess leaves her husband she will also foreit any children of the marriage to the prince so unless she is prepared to do that, she will not be free to do her own thing at all.

I think what ILuvBertie said is true, whether or not I believe the original French article. The article says they had to reach a new agreement, following upon Charlene's discovery of the new toddler.

I'd warrant that her pre-nup was made even more rewarding to her. Seems to be her way of negotiating (and she certainly seems to find ways of alerting the press of her problems). Here's the original article (in French, in the French Express).

Albert-Charlene, péril sur le mariage - L'EXPRESS

I do wonder why the Telegraph doesn't cite specifically which "French press" it is quoting.

The French article says that the Pastor family of Monaco had to be called into play to act as intermediaries between the Prince and his would-be bride. It also says that Charlene was able to go to Paris to try on her gown during the week before the wedding, and that when she came back, she shunned family parties and other celebrations leading up to the wedding. It also says she made a trip to Nice in which she bought a one-way ticket to South Africa.

But an agreement of some kind was achieved.

The reporter's name is Turello and Reuters bought the story. The Palace of Monaco denies any basis to the story.

She could have walked out at any time. She continued to travel and could have left from any other area. She could have crossed the border in a car and gone from there. Her parents are not idiots, they could have gone to the press and said this"person" is holding my child captive. No parent would consent to have their child enter into a life of misery. Diana thought she could change Charles. She was 19 and a fool. Thso woman is much older. Many of these people have "side lives". One either acquieces or you run.

I believe if the princess leaves her husband she will also foreit any children of the marriage to the prince so unless she is prepared to do that, she will not be free to do her own thing at all.

She could very well do her own thing within the marriage.

So basically they broke up for a while and he started "dating" again. OK, well thats fair, not exactly being unfaithful if they had parted ways at that time. Dumb if its true that she became pregnant by him and understandable why Charlene might be upset but still not an abstacle that can't be overcome.

So basically they broke up for a while and he started "dating" again. OK, well thats fair, not exactly being unfaithful if they had parted ways at that time. Dumb if its true that she became pregnant by him and understandable why Charlene might be upset but still not an abstacle that can't be overcome.
It was only for a couple of weeks after her birthday in Jan. This isn't the girl who got pregnant. I added that to my post,

Last edited:
Is there any possibility that Charlene might have been at the South Africa Embassy to return her passport or sign any other papers having to do with her nationality? Here's what might seem to be a stupid question, but do people from Monaco have a passport authorized by The Prince of Monaco, or is it authorized by the President of France? And would Charlene have dual citizenship, or is that allowed in her situation and with her new nationality?

I don't know if this has been posted, but here Charlene talked about the rumors directly to US Vogue:
Inside the Monaco Royal Wedding: Charlene Wittstock Addresses the Rumors - Magazine - Vogue

She says they are just rumors. Of course she could be lying, but I choose to believe her. This is the quote: Of the week’s turbulent stories, she said, “It is a shame that those rumors came at such a bad time, but I think they were timed to sabotage such a happy occasion. They are categorical lies. I won’t dignify them with any response other than to say that the photographs of me and Albert in love and getting married will speak louder than any vicious gossip and empty rumors.”

Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times' - Telegraph

HE SHOULD LET THIS WOMAN GO! To me it feels like she's kept hostage in order to produce an heir and bail him out of the mess. Something should be done.

In the new claims reported in the JDD, the newspaper quoted Monaco "policy advisors" among those discussing "two illegitimate children – one already born, the other to come" and the Princess trying to "escape three times".
The sources said that when Charlene visited Paris in May to try on her white-silk Armani wedding dress she "took refuge" in the South African embassy.
Later that month she also tried to escape during the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix, they alleged. Then, last week, she allegedly had her passport confiscated en route to Nice airport via the helicopter service which runs between regularly between Monaco and France.
Senior police officials were reported to have confirmed the passport confiscation to Le Figaro newspaper last week.

Last edited:

HE SHOULD LET THIS WOMAN GO! To me it feels like she's kept hostage in order to produce an heir and bail him out of the mess. Something should be done.

In the new claims reported in the JDD, the newspaper quoted Monaco "policy advisors" among those discussing "two illegitimate children – one already born, the other to come" and the Princess trying to "escape three times".
The sources said that when Charlene visited Paris in May to try on her white-silk Armani wedding dress she "took refuge" in the South African embassy.
Later that month she also tried to escape during the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix, they alleged. Then, last week, she allegedly had her passport confiscated en route to Nice airport via the helicopter service which runs between regularly between Monaco and France.
Senior police officials were reported to have confirmed the passport confiscation to Le Figaro newspaper last week.

You know, this is all very dramatic and makes good copy - certainly sells the newspapers - but I really don't think 'in this day and age' that they would be holding her against her will. :rolleyes: Quarrels happen, tempers flaring (despite being shy, I have a feeling Charlene is not a push over - and I think who Albert is as a man has not escaped her notice - he's a player - she knows that - its part of who he is and why she is attracted to him, in love with him - such men are very compelling for a reason) - pursuit of the beloved, sure - but if she wanted out - I mean REALLY wanted OUT - she could have had out in an instant in any number of ways. Call a press conference, for one, spill the beans. Double the scandal.

No, she's in love. They are connected. Maybe not the way a lot of people would want to be connected - maybe they don't show their connection the way other royals are 'showing' their connection - but they're connected. I suspect its a fiery and tempestuous relationship - thats the romantic in me - but oft times with that kind of background crackle, the 'show' is muted. ;) They have nothing to prove.

In fact I find the current 'royal fad' of demonstrating 'love' to the cameras - empty. (And that's being kind).

Last edited:
Just by referring to Charlene as "THIS WOMAN" you make your sentiments clear. I can assure you that she is a strong-willed lady, and that if she had wanted out a wedding would not have taken place over the weekend. PA is the one who has brought shame over Monaco (again). Whatever is going to transpire now, we will get clarity between fact and fiction. And I hope they will be able to resolve things and move on. They are a beautiful couple and a great fit; they really complement each other, IMO. If PA can display the same commitment and loyalty towards his new wife (that she's showing towards him), this marriage has a good chance to survive. I do wish them happiness -- the House of Grimaldi certainly deserves it.

AFP is the source of the news, this is the french national news agency. They have this info from trusted channels. If the two of them reached an agreement then the show will go on because the public needs to buy in the story. For the sake of her children, Charlene should try to pull out of producing one. How? I don't know, messing out with Albert is not easy. I think she's been given big bucks to continue with the wedding, but Albert won't stop here with fathering out of wedlock children. Once a cheater always a cheater. There will be more.

I expect her to deny publicly these allegations at her husbands request via staged interviews, but news like this don't come out of nothing. There is some truth in it whether we like it or not.

Last edited:

You are exactly right. In Monaco the children are the "property" of the Sovereign...this is also true in England.

Diana needed written permission from the Queen to take William and Harry out of the UK to go on vacation.

Grace Kelly was also informed of this prior to her civil and religious wedding which might be why she was one of the most miserable looking brides in modern Royal history.

It will be the same for Princess Charlene.

BTW...I want to give Tyger a HUGE CHEER for your great post...this cheesy and ultimately meaningless value on how a Royal couple shows "love" on their wedding day is getting ridiculous, imo.

As I posted above, Grace was a miserable looking bride on her wedding day. She looked like she was going to a funeral. But all anyone remembers from that day is her incredible beauty.

Joachim and Alexandra of Denmark were giddy with "love" and all over one another and so were Andrew and Sarah York...see how those both turned out??

Last edited:

Agreed...and if her passport is confiscated, then that is a MAJOR crime. The South African embassy should have placed her on the first flight back to South Africa. What was Prince Albert going to do - declare war on South Africa? I can see Monaco, and indeed France doing that - NOT!

What disturbs me the most is that he is having unprotected sex, hence placing Princess Charlene's health in danger. Who cares about the illegitimate children, the possibility of catching sexually-transmitted infection/disease should be at the forefront. If these rumours become truths, what an absolutely disgrace of a man!

BTW...I want to give Tyger a HUGE CHEER for your great post...this cheesy and ultimately meaningless value on how a Royal couple shows "love" on their wedding day is getting ridiculous, imo.

Thank you, Moonmaiden. :flowers: i was wondering if I was alone in this.

I am sure if in a year's time the marriage is not working out for whatever reason, the Princess would have no trouble getting an annulment citing unreasonable behaviour from the Prince. I am sure Charlene and Albert will try 100% to make it a success, but if it does not work out Charlene can walk away, and I am sure she will. Diana Princess of Wales, stuck it out for years. I doubt Charlene will if things are not right. Let's see what happens in a year’s time.

Maybe Albert is just not the marrying kind and that is the real fact of the matter. But please Albert, give the Princess the happiness she deserves. I wonder why Albert is the type of person he is and who does command his respect? I worry if Charlene is too weak a character, but I don't see Albert welcoming a stronger type of woman with open arms either. I don't doubt Charlene's love for Albert but I could not 100% say with certainly Albert's love for Charlene. Only he knows the answer to that but I believe the next 18 months will tell us what is really going on. Children will not be able to hide an unhappy marriage as we saw with Charles and Diana. I really like Albert and Charlene and I want Albert to prove to the world he can be a good and loving kind husband.

Just wondering I suppose the law does not forbid a 2nd marriage for Albert if Albert chooses to. But who would take him on with his track record.

Come on Albert grow up and be a decent husband for the Princess. Unfortunately, Albert himself is the one that gives the newspapers all these nasty stories to print because of his own reckless behaviour.

Last edited:
Just wondering I suppose the law does not forbid a 2nd marriage for Albert if Albert chooses to. But who would take him on with his track record.

Under Catholic cannon law, he cannot remarry unless he is a widow.

If he divorces, then he is free to marry another under common law.

I don't believe in this stuff - three times trying to flee? This is not a romance book with the virgin and the sheik as heroine and hero, this is 2011 in a country that is part of the European Union! But it's interesting how many different explanations are out there for the fact that Charlene in fact said yes to Albert: she is either in love and weak or strong-willed, she has struck a tough bargain or decided to sacrifice herself.. Come on, this is a former world-class athlete who knows all about discipline and facing the results of decisions. She married him and he obviously loves her and cares for her and she has shown often enough that she is willing to be comforted by him: that's a good basis for a marriage. Just recall Zara Philips and her reaction to the facts about her groom's stag party: she said something along the lines of "Boys will be boys" - and I guess Charlene has a similar point of view, otherwise she wouldn't have taken Albert.

And we don't know how difficult it is to get a judge's order for a paternity test. Or is there no such order? And if there is, why is this not published as a fact? We read only about rumours. Rumours from sources the media deems reliable but still only rumours.

Love reading all your comments. This is the BEST FORUM EVER!

I cannot explain why, but I really like this couple and wish only the best for them.

I don't dislike the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge but I have no interest in them. The papers are full of them at the moment (William/Catherine). I so DISLIKE all the negative articles from the British Press about the Foreign Royals .... they love to belittle them. The British Royal Family are hardly free from scandal themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom