The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Under Catholic cannon law, he cannot remarry unless he is a widow.

If he divorces, then he is free to marry another under common law.
Except if one of them gets a declaration of invalidity of the wedding.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the "cannon law". Are these the cannons on the ramparts of the Grimaldi Palace ?

There is, however, also Church Law, known as "canon law", as in "canonical", "canonisation" etc.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
And we don't know how difficult it is to get a judge's order for a paternity test. Or is there no such order? And if there is, why is this not published as a fact? We read only about rumours. Rumours from sources the media deems reliable but still only rumours.
Once again:
The Palace officially confirmed the day after the wedding that Prince Albert is facing the paternity lawsuit of "at least" one other woman over fathering an illegitimate child.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Once again:
The Palace officially confirmed the day after the wedding that Prince Albert is facing the paternity lawsuit of "at least" one other woman over fathering an illegitimate child.
I didn't find any confirmation on Internet. Was a statement issued?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Please note that all speculative comments about a potential divorce will be deleted going forward.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

It's just such a complicated mess of rumour and speculation and possibilities! If Albert has fathered yet another child whether it be before, during or since the engagement to Charlene, I just sincerely hope that now he is married he will remain faithful (if he hasn't already been) to Charlene and draw a line under what has or has not happened. It's easy to pass judgement on Albert and although I do like him, I find myself thinking that Monaco deserves better than to have a sort of ageing playboy as head of state! He does, however, seems to remain popular with the people. I suspect that Charlene will be a great and dignified asset to her new country and Albert will be well aware that he has a good woman by his side to keep him on the straight and narrow!
The wedding has given me a renewed interest in Monaco and its royal family.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancia View Post
I didn't find any confirmation on Internet. Was a statement issued?
The Palace did not issue a press release, but according to every current media source the Palace confirmed officially; the official is quoted as saying:
''The truth of the rumour is that The Prince faces paternity tests following a claim by at least one former lover.

Links to two from many articles on the matter:
Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times' - Telegraph
Monaco Royal Couple Headed For SA But Paternity Tests Await : NewsTime : World News
Old 07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The Palace did not issue a press release, but according to every current media source the Palace confirmed officially; the official is quoted as saying:
''The truth of the rumour is that The Prince faces paternity tests following a claim by at least one former lover.

Links to two from many articles on the matter:
Princess Charlene of Monaco 'tried to flee three times' - Telegraph
Monaco Royal Couple Headed For SA But Paternity Tests Await : NewsTime : World News
Thanks!
As I said before, I don't trust very much le Journal du Dimanche and le Parisien, and no serious french papers wrote about this paternity test. So, for the moment, I am doubtful (but wouldn't be surprised if it appeared to be true).
Old 07-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace chic View Post
My heart goes out to Charlene. Stories like these don't stay around for that long unless there is some truth in them. It goes a long way to explaine why she looked so removed from the whole thing yesterday. What a mess.
I don't feel that way; in my opinion she has shown that she is willing to put up with ANYTHING for the sake of a title and a royal lifestyle. She's gone into this with her eyes wide open so I can't pity her.
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
she is willing to put up with ANYTHING for the sake of a title and a royal lifestyle.
Care to share her motivations with us as you're evidently aware of them...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 07-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Aristocracy

Many words can be spent on this matter, but to me body language says more: this is a complicated start of two people who perhaps love each other but who somehow will have a difficult time to make the marriage work. In time the problem will be solved, either by an early divorce or by natural causes, for he is 20 years her senior.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Care to share her motivations with us as you're evidently aware of them...
A woman with any self-respect would have walked. JMO.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, just don't state said opinions as fact unless you have documentation to support such statements.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
And a woman can may be not stand the idea she will forever be the one who spoiled the wedding who was long waited for by millions of people.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene is Charlene and I am myself......and there's no way I would marry man who had two illegitimate children already, and was facing a paternity test because of another. Especially if the paternity test was concerning a child conceived and born in the time that we were together. I don't care if they were just dating, or if they were engaged....if you're with someone, you're with them. That means you don't go sleeping around with other people and say "Well, we weren't engaged, so it's not like I was committed to her or anything." Horsepuckey.

Sorry, but no title and no jewels and no palace would make me marry a man like that.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps ... Charlene, Princess of Monaco, followed Mrs. Rodham Clinton's example.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she did. And I still say, a woman with any self-respect would have walked.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elisheva View Post
Many words can be spent on this matter, but to me body language says more: this is a complicated start of two people who perhaps love each other but who somehow will have a difficult time to make the marriage work. In time the problem will be solved, either by an early divorce or by natural causes, for he is 20 years her senior.
Or it may be solved by finding common ground for a healthful and loving relationship.

We only see the side that the press is releasing but Charlene also has access to the other side, namely Albert's side of the story. He has been single for 50+ years and quite active in his amorous life. The most disturbing part of the story is the potential unborn child which would mean it was conceived during the engangement period.

Sometimes the person you love the most is the one you can not live with or live without. My heart goes out to Charlene and I hope she has a solid support system in place.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think the whole point of the many stories going around is that she did her best to walk many times . However small Monaco is the Gromaldi's are a powerful family.I feel we will only learn the real story in a few years and I fear it will not be pretty. So far no one is coming out of these rumours well. The whole thing makes me sick.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Charlene had many chances to walk: when she did the Miramar mile in S. Africa this spring, when she went to Athens just a week ago. Forcibly holding someone is a very serious charge; similar to kidnapping. I find it hard to believe that the governments of France and S. Africa would abet such a thing. That would make them accessories to the crime.