General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marrying a man in his 50ies, one must be prepared that he has some kind of past and wether the children are illegitemate or not, is hardly the issue. But having him cheat on you, now that is very different. I personally would kill him, but I guess that is very much frowned upon when it comes to a head of state. I pray hard, that the test will be negative, so they can move forward an start their own family.

Note to self: Never marry a prince from Monaco

Or maybe she genuinely loves the guy? She has stated many times she fell in love at first sight, and by the time Albert's skeletons came rattling out of the closet it was too late. You can't help who you fall in love with.

In her position, I'd be very, very concerned for my health and I would demand an AIDS test. I have said it before...PA has a deep rooted self destructive streak that has it's origins in the way Rainier interacted with him growing up.

Either that or he is a sex addict who requires treatment.

In both cases, he should be ashamed of himself.

I think that when the glass will fill up for Charlene she'll start talkig just like Diana did. The late princess admitted the interviews where done in secrecy, with the help of some close people who kept them hidden. When the royal family wanted to stop it from airing it was too late. You can imagine that Charlene is watched day and night, what she says, what she does, whom she talks to. ALbert is a shady guy. Once she got into this relationship, she ended her freedom. He'll cheat on her , treat her bad, produce more kids with other women, he will never change. I think it will be very hard for her to get out, he needs the legitimate heir at all costs. I wouldn't be surprised if Charlene will deal with depression, eating disorders, etc. Let's hope she won't end like Diana.

Last edited:
You said it, Moonmaiden23.

I must be hell watching someone you love being this selfdestructive. I hope she has nerves of steel, if she is going to help and support him. But perhaps not the easiest task of trying to change the behavior of a grown man 20 years your senior.

As for the AIDS test, I would have one at least every 3 months, just to be on the safe side

And yes he should be very, very ashamed of him self. I hope he spends the rest of his life making up for it.

Or maybe she genuinely loves the guy? She has stated many times she fell in love at first sight, and by the time Albert's skeletons came rattling out of the closet it was too late. You can't help who you fall in love with.

In her position, I'd be very, very concerned for my health and I would demand an AIDS test. I have said it before...PA has a deep rooted self destructive streak that has it's origins in the way Rainier interacted with him growing up.

Either that or he is a sex addict who requires treatment.

In both cases, he should be ashamed of himself.

For the last time, if you wish to discuss the advantages and perils of safe sex, I would suggest you do so elsewhere.

TRF has an extremely varied membership base in regards to age (yes, teenagers). They might know about it and watch it on television, but TRF is not here to educate them on the subject.

ANY AND ALL ADDITIONAL POSTS THAT REFERENCE SEX WILL BE DELETED WITHOUT NOTICE.

I'm wondering if this thread should be closed as it seems it would difficult to discuss the issue without also discussing the things which are found to be inappropriate?

Only a curious question as it seems all to be incompatible.

I am wondering the same thing Princess of Durham. The problem is that people are talking about this in ALL of the Charlene & Albert wedding threads.

ETA: To be honest, the Monaco moderators understand the great interest in this story, the rumours swirling around Charlene's potential flight, additional children fathered by Albert, etc. With that in mind, we are allowing a lot of things to be said or inferred (i.e. Charlene marrying for a title, Albert being a player, etc.) without an iota of proof being given by members to support such statements. Albert (and to an extent) Charlene have been judged guilty without any evidence. I am just trying to draw a line in the sand on what is and what is not acceptable.

If anyone has any questions and/or concerns please contact the Monaco moderators via PM.

Thank you!

Zonk

Last edited:
I just finsihed the live coverage of the wedding by the German channel ZDF (I had to tape the end of it) and sorry, I simply don't believe in these rumours. Yes, maybe Charlene doubted her prince for a moment and yes, maybe she threatened to leave him if he didn't tell her all but you could really see how after the wedding service her "sadness" was gone, so I guess it was just concentration on behaving perfectly during the service. She really smiled at Albert and he was very kind when helping her with her dress, so I guess it's just rumours.

I have read often that Monaco is a real snakepool when it comes to rumours and intrigues and I think it was all ochestrated by somebody who wished to dampen the wedding fever. I highly doubt that after having fathered two illegitimate children Albert is stupid enough to risk that again, no matter how seductive a woman is. He had found Charlene and must have known what kind of scandal that would be and that he couldn't do anything to prevent that, so I simply don't believe these accusations. especially as the media says he has to take a paternity test during "the next days" when anyone knows that he is not available for such a test due to his being on honeymoon.

I see no reason to close this thread as a discussion about the issues which develop in connection with a Royal/Princely House logically belongs on The Royal Forum... to me, it's as simple as that.
When issues arise which are unpleasant, it's never a good way to deal with them by ignoring them.

(The mere mention of the word AIDS won't do harm to any teenager either, though I understand Zonk because it should certainly not become a focus of this disucssion.)

I see no reason to close this thread as a discussion about the issues which develop in connection with a Royal/Princely House logically belongs on The Royal Forum... to me, it's as simple as that.
When issues arise which are unpleasant, it's never a good way to deal with them by ignoring them.

(The mere mention of the word AIDS won't do harm to any teenager either, though I understand Zonk because it should certainly not become a focus of this disucssion.)

I only asked the question as a .... well, question. Honestly, most teenagers these days know exactly about all the "processes" and as you mentioned the health issue. I do agree that making unfounded statements regarding behavior is not a good thing but then, that is exactly what the press has led us to discuss. My comment had to do with the propriety of the subject matter because of younger members. It's difficult to discuss the news portion without the other issues entering into the dicussion. Just to clarify my comment/opinion. :flowers:

Let's move on...if anyone has any questions...please direct them towards the Monaco moderators via Private Message.

I would be very pleased for everyone everywhere to move on from this. Let the condemnations and assertions of superiority come after something has actually been proven. It is very frustrating to keep seeing lines like "confirmation" "it is confirmed" "it is proven" only to see nothing but the same stories from the same anonymous sources that cannot be verified. If there are to be paternity tests, when are they and let's have them and see the results, until then we don't know that one word of any of this is true. I still think the whole thing was orchestrated, true or not, and everyone has been doing just as they were expected to do -taking the hint of a story, running with it, exaggerating everything and overshadowing the actual wedding. I'm sure the 'persons' behind the leak of this "story" are having a big laugh right now -again, whether true or not. Also, I think people are giving this new, sinister version of the Prince of Monaco way too much credit. If anyone thinks that the Prince of Monaco can hold people against their will, force them to bend to his wishes and keep them 'under his thumb' -wow, what can I say except that I think Princess Stephanie's entire life easily disproves that idea. The Sovereign Prince can throw people out -he cannot keep people in.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

The palace has confirmed the issue of paternity tests. As for when they will be done, that hasn't been said. The palace wouldn't confirm that there was a paternity test pending against him if there wasn't.

I don't care if the palace has confirmed paternity tests. What does that settle? It could mean the Prince might have another child or it could mean he just wants to put the issue to rest. Until they are done, confirmed or un-confirmed reports of DNA tests don't get us down the road. Confirmation of tests does nothing to prove or disprove anything. That is what I'm waiting for, the actual tests will prove *something* though only one small part of all the wild twists and turns this story has taken.

PS: I am officially confirming that I'm going to have a sandwich. Because I'm hungry. .......or because I want you to think that I am.... maybe I have an eating disorder, maybe I'm being held against my will and starved, maybe I havn't eaten in days! On the other hand, maybe I'm having a sandwich because I can't stop eating, it's a compulsion and I'm putting my life in danger! Maybe I'm only one roast beef away from death. Who feels like speculating? Seriously...this is fun?
:noevil:

A woman with any self-respect would have walked. JMO.

Hmmm......I know that in my experience men like Albert are very hard to walk away from :whistling: - because they love, they are lovers of women - that's why women are drawn to them. There is nothing in life that beats the elixir of being loved by such a man.

Albert is also - it appears - an easy target for an unscrupulous individual - woman in this case.

What's crossing my mind is - who's benefitting from all this? A lifetime living cushy because Albert is paying the bills because of a child? What about these women who allowed themselves to have a fling with a man they knew was not ready to marry them - child or not? Its all fishy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Exactly! And maybe the woman who will not walk away knows something we do not.

The whole story seems a bit farfetched to me. Everyone knows PA is not exactly a saint, so Charlene defenitely knows that. But there's still a great gap between fathering children out of wedlock and cheating while you're in a relationship. Let alone hold a 33 year old woman captive (while the whole world is watching your every move). Only time will tell, but in the meanwhile I prefer to think that they love each other.

Isn't there any real news about them? Anyone knows where they will honeymoon?

kate2: they will be going to South Africa for IOC meeting till the 9th. they go to honeymoon after that.

I don't care if the palace has confirmed paternity tests. What does that settle? It could mean the Prince might have another child or it could mean he just wants to put the issue to rest. Until they are done, confirmed or un-confirmed reports of DNA tests don't get us down the road. Confirmation of tests does nothing to prove or disprove anything. That is what I'm waiting for, the actual tests will prove *something* though only one small part of all the wild twists and turns this story has taken.

PS: I am officially confirming that I'm going to have a sandwich. Because I'm hungry. .......or because I want you to think that I am.... maybe I have an eating disorder, maybe I'm being held against my will and starved, maybe I havn't eaten in days! On the other hand, maybe I'm having a sandwich because I can't stop eating, it's a compulsion and I'm putting my life in danger! Maybe I'm only one roast beef away from death. Who feels like speculating? Seriously...this is fun?
:noevil:

I think you're missing the bigger issue here. If the palace is saying that Albert will have to take one or more paternity tests, that's a problem. We're not talking about some trashy tabloid or even a newspaper suggesting that Albert has more illegitimate children out there.....the palace is all but admitting they think he does, otherwise why would they say that yes, he's having paternity tests done? If they thought it was just mindless rumor and nonsense, they wouldn't dignify it with a response.

If you have 0% reason to suspect you're the father of the child, you don't take a paternity test. If you have even 1% or more reason to suspect you're the father, you do. So obviously HE thinks he has some other kid floating around out there.

How ridiculously embarrassing.

kate2: they will be going to South Africa for IOC meeting till the 9th. they go to honeymoon after that.

Thank you for the information! :)

I think you're missing the bigger issue here. If the palace is saying that Albert will have to take one or more paternity tests, that's a problem. We're not talking about some trashy tabloid or even a newspaper suggesting that Albert has more illegitimate children out there.....the palace is all but admitting they think he does, otherwise why would they say that yes, he's having paternity tests done? If they thought it was just mindless rumor and nonsense, they wouldn't dignify it with a response.

If you have 0% reason to suspect you're the father of the child, you don't take a paternity test. If you have even 1% or more reason to suspect you're the father, you do. So obviously HE thinks he has some other kid floating around out there.

How ridiculously embarrassing.

Or on the contrary, you could be so sure that the rumour is false, that you have absolutely no problem to take a paternity test to prove it is false. As long as we don't know them personally it's all rumours and only the results will tell.

Unfortunately with Albert, his track record precedes him. I'd be more apt to believe he does have more illegitimate children out there than not, because his past behavior has given me no indication that he knows and understands what discretion is. It's a pattern of behavior that I don't like, nor respect.

If Charlène can deal with it, that's what counts obviously, but I can't begin to fathom how.

You are exactly right. In Monaco the children are the "property" of the Sovereign...this is also true in England.
(SNIP)

Here's something I'd like to know.

If Charlene were to become pregnant, and she left the country, perhaps to visit her parents in SA, what could happen if she stayed there, gave birth, and refused to return to Monaco?

Would Monaco (or France) be able to demand that SA hand over the baby/child? I know that when a US parent keeps a child away from the other parent, in another country, it is very difficult to get the child returned to the States, no matter what custody arrangements may have been made.

The child (if there is one) hasn't even been born !

Well...the fact that Albert is going to do a paternity test proves that he did cheat Charlene in the relationship, (in the period of engagement, to be exact, because one of the babies hasn't even born). If there was no true in it, then Albert wouldn't do the test in first instance....imo.

The child (if there is one) hasn't even been born !

That much I do know. I am just interested in what the law- and it would be international law- has to say on custody issues such as this.

niki said:
Anybody else notice the tears Stephanie shed during the civil ceremony were sad tears? And you want to talk about COLD--CAROLINE could have frozen a desert. Seriously what is wrong with this woman???

I thought the same as you about HSH Princess Stephanie of Monaco during the civil marriage of her brother. My guess is her thoughts were probably on her parents, and the fact neither saw their only son marry. Also, Princess Antoinette, HSH the late Prince Rainier's sister, died this past March. I know Grace and Antoinette were not close at all, but read at the time of PssA's passing she was close to her nieces, and her nephew.
Pss Caroline seemed as though she was in a different world. IDK - thoughts of elder son not inheriting Monaco's throne one day? The claims made about Prince Albert? Thoughts of her parents also? Or not? We will never know for certain!

I like to give Caroline the benefit of the doubt as i think i have a similar personality to hers. I'm very friendly and loving when in private and when people get to know me but if anyone is watching me or i'm at any event i tend to give off the feeling that i'm arrogant and cold and that i don't care.

Now, saying that, i think if Caroline was upset at all during the wedding ceremony it was because of Albert's infidelity. We've seen pictures of Caroline and Charlene smiling and hugging even recently so they seem to have a positive relationship. Caroline has been cheated on by Ernst August and seen that mess dragged through the press. The same thing is now happening with Albert and Charlene. Caroline knows what it's like to have your partner embarrass you and cheat on you. She knows it sucks and hurts and i'm sure she isn't pleased with her brother for hurting Charlene and damaging the family and principality's reputation

Well...the fact that Albert is going to do a paternity test proves that he did cheat Charlene in the relationship, (in the period of engagement, to be exact, because one of the babies hasn't even born). If there was no true in it, then Albert wouldn't do the test in first instance....imo.
You are incorrect that his taking a test proves he cheated on her. Legally if he is served with papers like was the case with Daniel Fielder and the test was negative he has to take it. Unless having diplomatic immunity applies to that as well. He would be stupid to refuse any request to take a test because it would be said the child was his anyway. I'm not saying he didn't cheat I know he dated other women. However, until the engagement there was no commitment.

LadyMacAlpine said:
You are incorrect that his taking a test proves he cheated on her. Legally if he is served with papers like was the case with Daniel Fielder and the test was negative he has to take it. Unless having diplomatic immunity applies to that as well. He would be stupid to refuse any request to take a test because it would be said the child was his anyway. I'm not saying he didn't cheat I know he dated other women. However, until the engagement there was no commitment.

What? There was no commitment until engagement? If that kid is his, it's 18 months old which means he cheated and isn't one not even born yet? Sorry they were committed the moment they within their relationship decide they were engagement or not....his taking the test certainly doesn't quell the rumors, in fact I think it lends credence to them but of course we shall see...hopefully this is all false bc seriously would be a very unfortunate way to start a marriage....plus if he is the father it would give the rumors that Charlene tried to run great believability IMO

Last edited:
So sad that a time that should be filled with happiness and revelry at the combining of two lives in love has turned into a time full of rumors and speculation. Until something is proven, it seems to me we'd all be better off simply wishing the couple well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom