The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Something Princess Mary said about her relationship with Fred seems to ring true here too (not her exact words) - once you move or become known as the prince's girlfriend and become accustomed to that life, it is scary to think about having to go back and just being plain Mary. Charlene was in an almost impossible situation - would she have ever lived down the scandal of leaving Albert at the altar? Could she have went back to a normal life? Charlene seems to have a good relationship with the family and also Albert, but I wonder how much support she has in Monaco (good friends, advisers etc)....it's so hard to know if she was so restrained during the wedding because she was trying to hold it together. Sometimes they did have touching moments and other times it was so cold - they hardly looked at each other during the ceremony.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eireann View Post
Something Princess Mary said about her relationship with Fred seems to ring true here too (not her exact words) - once you move or become known as the prince's girlfriend and become accustomed to that life, it is scary to think about having to go back and just being plain Mary. Charlene was in an almost impossible situation - would she have ever lived down the scandal of leaving Albert at the altar? Could she have went back to a normal life? Charlene seems to have a good relationship with the family and also Albert, but I wonder how much support she has in Monaco (good friends, advisers etc)....it's so hard to know if she was so restrained during the wedding because she was trying to hold it together. Sometimes they did have touching moments and other times it was so cold - they hardly looked at each other during the ceremony.
What Mary said is very true and I think it would have been for Kate also if the wedding hadn't happened. Charlene is at a major disadvantage. She's twenty years younger to a very, very wealthy famous man. Charlene has no college education and didn't really have any career to keep her grounded. She's not wealthy or probably has no real money of her own.

Monte Carlo is not exactly the real world so once she moved there, she was pretty much stuck or under Albert's thumb. Even the New York Times said (and I trust this) that she kept herself busy with golf, swimming, gardening, lunching, and reading in cafes. Come on, is that a purposeful life?

My exhibit A as to what I think this engagement and marriage were not planned ahead is that she does not speak French. Practically anyone who lives in a French-speaking country for over a year could speak it near fluently. It likely wasn't a priority for both of them or she'd be better prepared.

Not that I take Monaco very seriously, not to offend anybody, but it's not really a country, it's a banking center/vacation spot.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Gentry

On the surface it may appear that Princess Charlene and Prince Albert married for convenience but deep down I believe it was a love match.
Over the long course of their relationship I think Charlene met him, fell in love and moved her world to be with him. She knew that only with close proximity could she become more than a passing fancy to him. Likewise I believe that Prince Albert after long shying away from marriage looked at the woman who was at his side and realized she was the one.
Charlene more than anyone knows the character of the man she became involved with and married. I think yes she knew about the potential paternity problem arising and chose to stand by Albert because she does love him.
Don't believe she ran to the airport, honestly in this age of cell phone cameras not one photo of the attempted flight exists? Believe it was leaking out that the paternity tests were in the wind and this story was put out to be lurid and to prime the press for future scandal.
Think that C&P's appearance over the wedding weekend were of a woman who is shy and hides most of her emotions. But at times they came out.
Likewise I think that Albert was under the stress of getting married and having this whole paternity thing hit the press. But mainly because he knew he was marrying a woman who is showing her mettle by serenely standing at his side through this because she loves him.
Hope they weather this scandal and have a happy life.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Is it Ms Coste, again!, claiming that HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco fathered another one of her offspring?
Now, his sisters' appearances at both of PA's weddings this past weekend now make sense and so do many other looks and behaviors the press gladly pointed out.
What two consenting adults do in private is their own business. It is often the ones who are married that point out promiscuity in others - ignoring the fact that intimacy is something we all need.
Sadly, the rumors about the former Charlene Wittstock's attempt to leave Monaco are now believable. The decision to still marry PA only shows her naivite in this situation. In the long run she set-up her ownself - I hope, as the mother of a future heir to Monaco's throne, the money and title will make her very happy. If it does not, misery will soon set-in. It is a very sad situation!
Old 07-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
^If he didn't learn how to used condom at the age of 53, he will never learn imo
It takes two to tango, and the Prince is a wealthy man who seems an easy target for lovely ladies seeking single parenthood.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
It takes two to tango, and the Prince is a wealthy man who seems an easy target for lovely ladies seeking single parenthood.
More likely an easy meal ticket more than single parenthood.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness

Did Princess Charlene really try to flee the wedding?

And did they really confiscate her passport?

Is there a thread that's discussing this story? (From Telegraph.Co.Uk - NOT the Daily Mail):

Princess Tries to Flee Monaco Three TImes.

So there's another illegitimate child within the past five years?

The article sounds as if there was actual police involvement.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry, but could you please change your title. Princess Charlene is Albert's wife.
Charlotte Casaraghi is his niece. I don't mean to be a bummer, but it is extremely hard to keep these two separated already.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 07-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
And did they really confiscate her passport?

Is there a thread that's discussing this story? (From Telegraph.Co.Uk - NOT the Daily Mail):

Princess Tries to Flee Monaco Three TImes.

So there's another illegitimate child within the past five years?

The article sounds as if there was actual police involvement.

Simple answer - we don't know.

Only Charlene knows for sure if she genuinely tried to flee or whether there were perfectly normal explanations for her actions that the press have put a spin on.

We don't know if there is another illegitimate child - but I wouldn't be surprised.

I am not sure if the French police would actually take orders from the Prince of Monaco anyway.

One of the reports is that she went to the South African embassy and there is also a story about her passport being confiscated but...what if she went to the embassy because her passport was out of date - or would be when they leave for the honeymoon and she handed in the old passport when she got the new one - explanation that doesn't mean she was trying to run away but was getting organised.

Either way she is now his wife and she has to make the best of it.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

we might never know but about the 3erd chhild we might find out in a near future, may be she got cold feet, she thought that it is too hard for her to handled, but at this point too late to canceld the wedding!
Old 07-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Serene Highness

Why would the French police lie to the Telegraph about this? Am I misreading?
Old 07-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Serene Highness

If the escape attempts are true, why are they going to S. Africa so soon. She should just stay there if she wants to.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt that Charlene herself really wanted to fly away before the wedding,she had been engaged to Albert and had promised to marry him.If there was a bad story about,I would think it could have been Charlene's father who tried to protect his adult daughter(I think so because her father during some moments of the ceremony looked deeply sad and even a little angry)
Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know the answer. If she really wanted to leave, I am sure she could have found a way. She could have never returned from her trip to Greece. Who knows, there might be another little....., but if it is 18months old, that was over two years ago and, they, certainly were not enegaged to one another. Albert is the sloppiest royal there is. He must have heard about birth control, otherwise he would have more I am sure.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Albert and Charlene were not in a monogamist relationship. Sources to support my others posts and this one. This is the post that (August 2006) had the photos of Charlene looking at some of Albert with another woman.

If one child is in fact 18 months old that would put the birth about January 2009.

Quote:
Nice airport, France, 23 February 2009 THE RUMOURS OF SPLIT BETWEEN ALBERT AND CHARLENNE CONFIRMED: ALBERT OF MONACO SPENT A LONG WEEKEND WITH A NEW FEMALE FRIEND. The Prince Albert of Monaco was photographed today at the airport of Nice, when returning on board of his private jet from a long romantic weekend at his Castle in Marche. Albert of Monaco has spent along weekend of four days and three nights with a new woman, what also confirms that his relationship with Charlene Witstock is over. Albert and his new girlfriend spent the last three nights together, without the company of Charlene, who has been lately far of her Prince. The relationship between the Prince of Monaco and the Southafrican swimmer always were stormy with many up and downs, and became very cold after they returned from a private trip Southafrica in the beginning of the year, and never again have been seen together since that moment. Prince Albert usually spent weekends at his private weekends' shelter of the Marche castle with Charlene, and this is the first time that he goes there with a different woman.
Photos I heard he was dating this woman in the fall of 2008.

I tried to find these photos in the threads and the discussions. I'm not sure what happened to them.

I count the engagement the time he made the commitment to Charlene to be monogamist.

Edited to add: This is not the girl who claims to have gotten pregnant by him.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Why would the French police lie to the Telegraph about this? Am I misreading?

The Telegraph is reporting 'sources cited by the French press'.

So the French police didn't lie to the Telegraph and we have the unnamed sources who are making these comments to the French press and the Telegraph are then reporting it in the English press.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the details. Perhaps the sources in Nice will one day come forward (and tell why she was stopped at the airport and how they know that).

I do think it might be hard to get out of her situation all by herself, but she should have shared her concerns with her own family, I'd think. It sounds like some pre-wedding drama really went down, but they smoothed it over. I hadn't heard about the 18-month-old until today, and the article reads as if the Prince is being compelled to undergo testing - with the demands to test being made quite recently.

That's the spin other publications are putting on this, but it is showing up in the global news - not an auspicious start to married life.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
we might never know but about the 3erd chhild we might find out in a near future, may be she got cold feet, she thought that it is too hard for her to handled, but at this point too late to canceld the wedding!
I think it is so sad that a royal bride who has doubts is forced to go through with it because "it's too late to cancel". I suppose it might be the same for brides in other rich and powerful families.
Am I just too unromantic in thinking that if a woman agrees to marry a certain type of man then they are accepting that he is probably going to cheat?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Old 07-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The Telegraph is reporting 'sources cited by the French press'.

So the French police didn't lie to the Telegraph and we have the unnamed sources who are making these comments to the French press and the Telegraph are then reporting it in the English press.
Okay, got it now. Was too surprised on the first couple of times through. I'll run off to the "French press."
Old 07-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I think it is so sad that a royal bride who has doubts is forced to go through with it because "it's too late to cancel". I suppose it might be the same for brides in other rich and powerful families.
Am I just too unromantic in thinking that if a woman agrees to marry a certain type of man then they are accepting that he is probably going to cheat?

If a man has a history of sleeping around and the evidence to back it up then why would you expect that to change once he puts a ring on your finger.

Charlene knows her man, knows what they are talked about about his past and their plans for the future.

She has walked into this marriage with her eyes wide open and also knows that her primary duty is to have a legitimate child to inherit the throne - two or three would be better and then she is basically free to do her own thing.