The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 11:25 PM
Nobility

Prince Pierre has been dead for 47 years, not 50. The Prince Pierre Foundation was established by Prince Rainier as a tribute to his father (who died a year after the foundation was established).
Honestly? What does it matter what the "connection" is between a name it's named for and the way it works? Some foundations (like both Princess Grace Foundations and the Pierre Foundation) are created in memory of someone-of something they were great patrons of or did during their lifetime.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:20 AM
Serene Highness

Oh!! 47 and not 50. Thanks but I wanted to round off, I didn´t think the exact date of his death was important.
Exactly, the PPF was created as an hommage, because Prince Pierre was very fond of art in general and "protector" as they mention in the site. Now that is a merit for a foundation to bear your name.
In the case of PGF, it was not "in her memory". It was created in 1964.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Royal Highness

If it would be a foundation Princess Charlène it would be with the acceptation of the prince Albert. He is the only person who would have his word about this, he spoke about a foundation whose Charlène would be the patron just before the wedding in a interview in a french newspaper.
I understand that persons who do not like her untill the story (february 2006)do not want hear about a foundation which would wear the name princess Charlene, there will be always a reason again this foundation.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

Maybe the foundation has become famous in itself inFrance. eg. the Nobel prize.I don't live there so I don't know. P. Caroline is the president so that is the celebrity angle.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Oh!! 47 and not 50. Thanks but I wanted to round off, I didn´t think the exact date of his death was important.
Exactly, the PPF was created as an hommage, because Prince Pierre was very fond of art in general and "protector" as they mention in the site. Now that is a merit for a foundation to bear your name.
In the case of PGF, it was not "in her memory". It was created in 1964.
Yes it was in Grace's memory. Albert said it himself at this year's gala. And the Princess Grace Foundation I was referring to was established in 1982, not 1964.

"Of homage" (" a public show of respect or honour towards someone or something ") and "in memory of"-virtually the same meaning
Old 11-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thtregoddess11 View Post
Yes it was in Grace's memory. Albert said it himself at this year's gala. And the Princess Grace Foundation I was referring to was established in 1982, not 1964.

"Of homage" (" a public show of respect or honour towards someone or something ") and "in memory of"-virtually the same meaning

Honestly, I don´t know what you are talking about. There is only ONE PGF, and it was funded in 1964, so it is impossible that is was created in "her memory", since, when something is created in the memory of, the person is already dead. So no, it´s not the same.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:32 AM
Courtier

Good Grief! Obviously PA wishes it to continue in his Mother's Memory, why is that so difficult to understand? What an issue to bicker about!
Old 11-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Honestly, I don´t know what you are talking about. There is only ONE PGF, and it was funded in 1964, so it is impossible that is was created in "her memory", since, when something is created in the memory of, the person is already dead. So no, it´s not the same.
Quote:
During Her lifetime, Princess Grace of Monaco was committed to helping emerging artists realize their career goals. Following Her death in 1982, Prince Rainier III of Monaco mobilized a group of individuals to establish the Princess Grace Foundation-USA as a tribute to Her legacy. Since then, and until His death in 2005, Prince Rainier and His children have been active in the oversight and direction of the organization. Now in its 29th year, the Foundation continues its mission to assist performing artists in honor of Princess Grace.
Princess Grace Foundation-USA

The Princess Grace Foundation of Monaco
was founded in 1964 therefore you are both correct.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 AM
Nobility

LadyMacAlpine, Princess of Durham- Thanks. Note below that I did if fact refer to the TWO Princess Grace Foundations, but meant only the PGF-USA.

Quote:

Honestly? What does it matter what the "connection" is between a name it's named for and the way it works? Some foundations (like both Princess Grace Foundations and the Pierre Foundation) are created in memory of someone-of something they were great patrons of or did during their lifetime.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Nobility

A report about Pr Albert et Charlène here
Léonard de Vinci
Old 11-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

One thing we could see during this week, during the event of the gift to the old people, the no finish line race or the day of the fest, there is a joy in her eyes and no nostalgia or shyness.
I saw the entire ceremony and we could watch very nice gestures between Charlene and Albert during the parade on the place of the palace.
(...)
Old 11-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Princess Charlene seeks lady-in-waiting
Old 11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Courtier

I would love to do it. Maybe I should apply for the job.

(...)

At “Bunte“ they also talk about a relaxed and happy couple.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think you should apply. Then, when you have your vacation, I can come visit.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlene's French

i thought it may be interesting to have a topic on charlene's language progression. has she started learning french? i would imagine that since monaco is quite international it may not be too urgent.

compared to maxima or mary, who seemed to have started learning the languages of their new country before the engagement, charlene didn't seem to be fully acquainted with french during her engagement interviews. has she been assigned a teacher?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Aristocracy

I did find a year old video that has been posted elsewhere in this forum. It shows limited understanding of hearing the French language and very limited ability to speak in the language. However, remember this video is well over a year old (12th of July 2010). I would estimate her understanding (hearing and speaking) has almost certainly increased.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i thought it may be interesting to have a topic on charlene's language progression. has she started learning french? i would imagine that since monaco is quite international it may not be too urgent.

compared to maxima or mary, who seemed to have started learning the languages of their new country before the engagement, charlene didn't seem to be fully acquainted with french during her engagement interviews. has she been assigned a teacher?

I am sure that P. A. who has provided CW with the most expensive designer clothes, has made sure she had the best education and teachers in order to learn French quickly. At the moment the video postd above is the only clue we have that she cannot speak two words in French together. There can be several explanations to this: either she is too lazy and quit, or she´s not too bright, was too busy choosing her pre-wedding, wedding, and post wedding clothes . Am I forgetting anything she does?

My guess is that she doesn´t care what anybody thinks of her and she didn´t even study French. I said this long ago, after the interview with Patrick Poivre d'Arvor and some posters here assured us that she was making progress. After a year, we have no proof of that. Maxima and Mary spoke their new languages much before the wedding.
Let´s not forget that CW has lived in a French speaking country for several years. If she had been interested in the job, she would have learnt the culture, history and customs of her new country along with the language. The fact that she still cannot communicate with the monegasques in their tongue proves how little she cares for being accepted and respected as a hard working princess, and only cares for her title and social position. She´s totally disrespectful to the people of Monaco.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Royal Highness

.For some people here, she will be always criticed

this interview was at the beginning of the engagement. Charlène spoke french language when she met people of Monaco we saw it that when she gave the gifts to the old people in november, it was in live on Monaco matin,tv many people who watched this event could you say that itis right. She met many people at the no finish line. they are not english, they speak french,I gave to the royal forums some photos where she is taken in photo whith people ,Many people spoke with her and they were surprised that she understood french, My brother and a friend were there, this friend took a photo . She visited the schools , nursery and she spoke french with them. Last week, she was in visit at Cap Martin and there was a short report on this visit at the tv, we are hearing her speaking french.
For the moment, the palace says that the princess will speak in french when she will speak very well in this language. the palace doest not want that she makes an error of language which would be interpreted in a bad sense. She is the princesse sovereign, princesses Maxima,and Mary weres only the heir princesses.
She attended many events this month, this morning in Monaco matin there is an article about her travel with prince Albert at the nepal to visit schools ,hospital supported by association of Monaco.The article speaks about the future actions for chidren in the future months
She will be this week at South Africa to meet Desmond Tutu with Prince Albert, she is co patron of giving organisation whith Desmond Tutu, She will speak about actions together with her future foundation.
On December 17th, she will attend "ein herz fur kinder' on zdf where she will explain the actions of her foundation. If you want to judge by yourselves, watch this event
Old 12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
this week, there is the cover on the travel of prince Albert and princess Charlène at the Nepal last month in october, the title is aound Albert and Charlène at the nepal in the intimity
Point de Vue .:. En Couverture

An voyage prive? I´m confused, why is it on the cover then? And two months later.

What was the point of thi trip? If it´s "humanitarian", does it mean they went there for any cause?? Where are the pictures that show them in situ, visiting supposedly people in need and their low living conditions. Why instead we have a couple of pictures releaesed so late selling again the fake fairy tale?? The cover does not match the purpose of the trip, unless it was not humanitarian at all. I´m really confused. BUt on thing is sure, they do not make a fool of me.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

It was an humanitary travel.as it was announced by the palace on october 24th to october 26th. It is on the site of the palace and it explained that they visited two schools, a small hospital and a fabric where the wifes worked. Yesterday on the newspaper Monaco Matin there was a report about the visit of the prince and princess to nepal. The presidents of the associations of Monaco (Namaste , Monacoaide et présence) the president of a french association, and a ministre of Monaco were with them. These associations and Monaco support these schools, fabric and small hospital. The couple with these persons wanted visit all these builts. The couple offered gifts to the children. The prince dressed the first stone for an other future school . It was not a travel but a trekking , they had to walk during three hours between the schools or the fabric and they slept under the tent. The population was happy to receive the princely couple and the other persons. On Monaco Matin, there were photos. NICE photos.
There is also a report of the visit on the Gazette of Monaco.
It was an humanitory travel and it was a good job. But I think it is not the subject of this board.