The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I would suggest there TWO things they need; good laywers and a really phenomenal PR team. Times are different of course with the internet but some of the people/persons so highly praised as being the "right" image had some really bad press AND behavior in the past. That was the past but the internet can be vicious and I think it takes a crack PR team to counteract some of the nastiness ... and some successful lawsuits. PA can certainly afford it.
This is what I was trying to say in another thread. I did not post in the appropriate thread. Albert need one hell of a spin master! in a way he brought this all on himself. The way CW was presented on his arm during official events acting as princess without the title. There was no " who is she factor " Call me old fashioned but his mother was a master at spin and the image for the family. All those pics with CW in those skin tight dresses slits pictured with PA...( you all know what that image looks like ) Some events I look at CW and say to myself. If Grace was alive she would not have wore this or that.This not a fashion thread , i know that. Albert should hark back to the PR his mother and father had and put a modern twist on it.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Royal Highness

The medias are used to describe the scandals of monaco, (divorces of Princess Caroline and stephanie,illegitimat children of prince Albert), they did not describe the scandals of other royal courts as Sweden the king had many affairs with mates, also King Juan Carlos in Spain, I will not speak about the royalty of England the last is the video of Mike Tendall zara'husband in a pub with a girl, the king of Belgium who has a illigimitad girl and so. Charlene has no scandal behind her apart the botox of her lips. But the medias want scandals at Monaco, it began with the false rumors about the flight of Charlene and the false news of the test Adn of Paternity of Prince Albert. And they examined all their events to prove that there will be a divorce , first the english tabloids.
There is an interview of Christiane Stalh on monaco hebdo this week. she says that untill the engagement of the couple the work of the prince is not enough showned, there are to many pictures on the people; and now the challenge is to show the work of the prince. I think she is wrong because, the team of communication show to many the prince at Nanterre at Evian but the medias say where is Charlene?I think the team must show Charlene and Albert together to deny all this rumors

Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
This is what I was trying to say in another thread. I did not post in the appropriate thread. Albert need one hell of a spin master! in a way he brought this all on himself. The way CW was presented on his arm during official events acting as princess without the title. There was no " who is she factor " Call me old fashioned but his mother was a master at spin and the image for the family. All those pics with CW in those skin tight dresses slits pictured with PA...( you all know what that image looks like ) Some events I look at CW and say to myself. If Grace was alive she would not have wore this or that.This not a fashion thread , i know that. Albert should hark back to the PR his mother and father had and put a modern twist on it.
Firstly, it is unrealistic to compare what went on in Monaco 1950-80s with the current time period. There was no internet then and the media was much more tightly controlled ... everywhere .... there was also something called respect in the media which does not exist today. To refer to "skin tight dresses with slits" .... my, how very Victorian. With all due respect, I very much liked Grace Kelly but one must admit much/most of that was indeed image and not real, and certainly her children have not been lily white in their behavior. I'm not judging them, please understand, but to negatively compare Charlene with others in the family is just way off base, IMHO.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

I agree with you Princess of Durham, we must not compare Charlene with the other princesses, Princess Caroline and Princess Stephanie make a good job and Charlene will make a good job, no matter how she is dressed apart the galas.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Firstly, it is unrealistic to compare what went on in Monaco 1950-80s with the current time period. There was no internet then and the media was much more tightly controlled ... everywhere .... there was also something called respect in the media which does not exist today. To refer to "skin tight dresses with slits" .... my, how very Victorian. With all due respect, I very much liked Grace Kelly but one must admit much/most of that was indeed image and not real, and certainly her children have not been lily white in their behavior. I'm not judging them, please understand, but to negatively compare Charlene with others in the family is just way off base, IMHO.
I understand that the times are very different.. I am not comparing CW to Grace. I comparing the two reigns, I guess. yes, Melina Caro and steph had scandals or bad press. But you had the focal team of Rainer and Grace to supersede those scandals.Royalty is very Victorian. Please spare me the royal and princeling thing I understand all that.Rainier and Grace took it a step further concerning the image of the family and their princely or royal house.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, Monaco became very famous after the wedding of Prince Rainier with Grace Kelly, Grace was already a well known actriss and Hollywood made the wedding famous among the world, but Princess Grace became a true princess that we can admire yet now. Prince Rainier was a good prince and yes Monaco is well known and attractive because Prince Rainier and princess grace made many good things for the country
Old 09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
Courtier

Lets just give Albert and Charlene a chance to do their jobs and see what developes.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma828 View Post
Lets just give Albert and Charlene a chance to do their jobs and see what developes.
Ok, grandma
Old 09-30-2011, 08:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt
IMO,PA should get rid of Thierry Lacoste.He's he same guy who denied the hell out of Tamara/Jasmine and Alexandre saying by that time that there were no paternity suit and that Nicole was a liar.It backfired big time when the DNA test proved him wrong and PA was left wih an egg on his face when he finally awknowledge his two children.

I know that he's Nadia Lacoste's son and a childhood friend.He may be a good friend but imo,he sucks as a lawyer. Never have your friend as a paid employee coz generally they don't do good hand in hand.
Well I suppose Lacoste had to go with what PA told him which turned out to be lies. Not his fault
Old 09-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Do you suppose Rainier had a say about recognition of these illegitimate children since they were born before 2005?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine
Do you suppose Rainier had a say about recognition of these illegitimate decision since they were born before 2005?
I'm sure he did!
well I should say I think he did don't want everyone telling me to prove it.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Back from Monaco I can only say Charlene does a great job and so does Albert.
Princess Grace has an enormous status and I can only agree with Princess Charlene not to be compared with her.
She is her own person and will do a great job in the future. As a wife, a mother and a Princess and I am sure Prince Albert will do everything he can to help her grow with her roles.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Heir Apparent

The tabloids will take whatever they can get or, as in the case of the "doctored" photo of Albert and the singer, what they can make.

It leaves it up to his legal team to really have at them. Their situation is unique in that immediately prior to the wedding Eringer let loose on his Blog and the whole media world went nuts. The horrific bad press was unforgivable but also unstoppable. It is a tribute to the character of the Princess that she did not make a break for it, so horrible was the avalanche of media sleaze directed at Albert and the inference that he didn't even love her. But she toughed it out, as did Albert.

It is now up the Prince Albert and Princess Charlene to carry on as normally as they can and let their people make the stand for them. So long as they are happy and working for their Principality who cares what sleaze is in the media overseas.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Nobility

I would just like to see an official portrait. Maybe one of Princess Charlene by herself and one with Albert. A nice gown, her sash and medals, maybe even a tiara. That's all, just an official portrait. She's the Princess of Monaco -'take her picture already!'

Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I would just like to see an official portrait. Maybe one of Princess Charlene by herself and one with Albert. A nice gown, her sash and medals, maybe even a tiara. That's all, just an official portrait. She's the Princess of Monaco -'take her picture already!'

You are absolutely right, this is still missing!!!!
How long did it need on the other Royal Houses, until such a portrait has been revealed of a new Princess? Surely not that long????
BYe Bine
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post

Excellent point, Bones. Grace had a formal portrait soon after her wedding-I think-and another one when Caroline was born...it was stunning.

I don't understand why Charlene hasn't...
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 AM
Nobility

^
They are probably waiting to make it their Christmas card this year.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Excellent point, Bones. Grace had a formal portrait soon after her wedding-I think-and another one when Caroline was born...it was stunning.

I don't understand why Charlene hasn't...
Although Grace and Ranier's wedding was, to a large degree, "arranged", they didn't have the nasty media that this couple have had. Everyone loved Grace! So beautiful. So elegant. So serene. And an incredibly hard act to follow.

Give Albert and Charlene time to be themselves and get comfortable with each other as a "couple" and maybe some of the stress will bleed off them. At the moment I think they are just taking each day as it comes and "Portraits" need to have a happy and confident sitter to achieve maximum impact.

But after all, why on earth would Albert want to imitate every little move his parents made. Albert and Charlene are their own people and I think it is up to them to set the standard and style of this Third Millennium in Monaco.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Give Albert and Charlene time to be themselves and get comfortable with each other as a "couple" and maybe some of the stress will bleed off them. At the moment I think they are just taking each day as it comes and "Portraits" need to have a happy and confident sitter to achieve maximum impact.

Lord! How much time do you think they need? A couple of decades more would be fine? They have been dating for 6, 7 years? Stress? These people are stressed? Because they have to look good in a photo, receive a bunch of flowers, go to fashion shows?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:56 AM
Courtier

Being the head of state or being the wife of the head of state is certainly not an easy part to live with.
I wouldn't wanna be in their shoes and I think both do a good job so far.

Closed Thread